Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just see the Kunning knew as wards as body guards for their boss. Who seems super useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, the 1/3 chance of two Dirty Tricks on a decent body is worth the points for the whole, and the rest are basically just having a monster wound chart that works slightly differently.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

Is it just me or are these the first ones since Mollog to be worth the points?
Yes. Other than those, I usually see Grashrak’s Despoilers (the Beast of Chaos warband) getting a lot of play in AoS.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Winklebottom posted:

“Looks like WoW” has become the go-to insult for fantasy-aesthetic-I-don’t-like in a lot of places. I’m guessing it’s because of the fantasy China thing, which was also the theme for a WoW expansion.

Looks like Warcraft is also the go to troll for GW stuff since the internet knows how much it riles people up.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
This Dune movie lookin' real derivative of Starcraft

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah, the 1/3 chance of two Dirty Tricks on a decent body is worth the points for the whole, and the rest are basically just having a monster wound chart that works slightly differently.

Half a chance if he is the general.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

When I looked at them on the app I thought it was 340 points total so I thought that was absolutely insane but at 170 for all that's quite doable. Not interested in the game but might try and grab em to go in my krule army.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Looks like Warcraft is also the go to troll for GW stuff since the internet knows how much it riles people up.

Sure but I think it was the floating islands (for some reason this made people turbo mad while Ulthuan is fine?) and high fantasy as well. Like someone said before, the roads aren't paved with peasant skulls or whatever.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

MonsterEnvy posted:

Half a chance if he is the general.

Yeah but he shouldn’t be your general. Command traits are too useful.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't played a game yet, but out of interest what's the most appealing part? The mortal wound bow? The +1 to hit fight phase? I'm assuming the 'potential mortal wounds if charged' isn't fantastic?

I love the models and have picked them up for Underworlds, but interesting in having them join my Dominion based SCE army.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Harkano posted:

I haven't played a game yet, but out of interest what's the most appealing part? The mortal wound bow? The +1 to hit fight phase? I'm assuming the 'potential mortal wounds if charged' isn't fantastic?

I love the models and have picked them up for Underworlds, but interesting in having them join my Dominion based SCE army.

Actually, the MWs on being charged is one of the things that struck me as most valuable about the Truthseekers. MW output is extremely powerful, and getting a full roll automatically against any form of monster or mounted unit is very good against cavalry, who are quite powerful right now. Most cav cannot casually eat 3 MWs without worrying, especially if you've also done Unleash Hell and fired the bird and bow at them. The bow is also extremely good.

Mostly, individually these would each be 90-120 point combat hero chassis. Each of them has 5 wounds, a good save and a good number of decent attacks. You get all three for 265, and none of them are dead weight.

e: their one weakness is they can't give out commands to themselves, as they lack a unit leader. But SCE doesn't really have trouble with having people in command range.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 23, 2021

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
I'm still learning about how GW works.

I picked up a box of Savage Orruks to paint and just returned to the site to find they're no longer available online. As far as I could tell the box only came out in 2016 and they're still part of the rules. What gives? Am I getting new Orruks? Are the Savage ones getting legacy-ed/memoryholed?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Whenever they're not available online it's usually a case of them getting reboxed and getting updated rulesheets if my memory serves me right so they'll be back up before long.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Savage orks got new rules last month so they are safe from shitcanning at least until the next ork book.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Finished up a seasonal model. Also have 10 kavaloi about 70% done. They are taking many hours to finish, but this Harvester wasn't too bad and I could probably spend several more hours just doing details and cleanup. The shape of this thing makes it hard to photograph.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/24/sunday-preview-celebrate-warhammer-day-with-all-of-these-magnificent-miniatures

The only real AoS pre-order for next weekend is the Warhammer day vampire lord. Who turns out to be a she after all.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

Actually, the MWs on being charged is one of the things that struck me as most valuable about the Truthseekers. MW output is extremely powerful, and getting a full roll automatically against any form of monster or mounted unit is very good against cavalry, who are quite powerful right now. Most cav cannot casually eat 3 MWs without worrying, especially if you've also done Unleash Hell and fired the bird and bow at them. The bow is also extremely good.

Mostly, individually these would each be 90-120 point combat hero chassis. Each of them has 5 wounds, a good save and a good number of decent attacks. You get all three for 265, and none of them are dead weight.

e: their one weakness is they can't give out commands to themselves, as they lack a unit leader. But SCE doesn't really have trouble with having people in command range.

Thanks. Got my first game of AOS in a local Path to Glory Event.

Got a major victory, and I want more Annihilators - luckily this week is pre-order week!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Path to Glory is a great time. I played a game as Beasts of Chaos recently and got my rear end handed to me because I overestimated the power of bullgors and dragon ogors and also misplayed for the scenario - should've spent more time running away, less time fighting angry trees.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

after working on this for a couple of months I both love and hate this model

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

Path to Glory is a great time. I played a game as Beasts of Chaos recently and got my rear end handed to me because I overestimated the power of bullgors and dragon ogors and also misplayed for the scenario - should've spent more time running away, less time fighting angry trees.

Yeah it was a blast, we played the escape mission where I had to get my guys off one board edge while the Bonereapers gradually closed in

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Painted up an endless spell, the Burning Head.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/25/grab-your-giant-sword-and-leather-belts-warcry-has-a-new-marauder-in-town

The other half of what is obviously a new Warcry starter box has been revealed.

It's a nice callback to the classic Chaos Marauders.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Conan - what is best in Warcry releases?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I will absolutely take these new guys just for Marauders proxying

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
When will they release a whole army of badass marauders like this guy and those previous cool marauder looking minis!? The something hunters or whatever?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Are the buildings worth running in armies? I like the Realmshaper Engine, but it is a tad pricy (dollar wise. Can't complain about 0 point cost) for what is essentially "just" a piece of scenery with an extra rule.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It depends. Realmshaper is nice but nonessential to Seraphon most of the time, but other factions rely heavily on their terrain sometimes or just get huge benefits out of it. Ogors love having their cauldron on the field, Sylvaneth require Awakened Wyldwood to function properly, Skaven rely heavily on Gnawholes, etc.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GW is selling the Dominion, Warcry: Catacombs, UW Direchasm and Beastgrave boxes (+some scenery) at an actual discount today. Didn't see that coming.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Warhammer Day reveal stream is about to start and amazingly enough the live blog is already up:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/30/welcome-to-the-amazing-warhammer-day-preview-online

Edit:
And Maggotkin of Nurgle is finally getting a new battletome.

https://www.warhammer-community.com...tkin-battletome

Which obviously includes a new model.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 30, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Much needed, these poor fat bastards haven’t had a book since 1e.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So yes, Red Harvest is indeed a new starter box for Warcry.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/30/warhammer-day-2021-slaughter-echoes-across-the-eightpoints-in-warcry-red-harvest/

Also the Barbarian on the cover is pretty much the Barbarian from Heroquest.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
That terrain is really sick. The modular conveyor belt is an amazing idea. And all the barbarians are really good sculpts, especially Mr. Heroquest.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The barbarian crone has a very enchanting headpiece.

There are some who call me... Tim.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pirate Ogor warband for Harrowdeep confirmed. Includes a parrot and a monkey.
Who will probably be a better at fighting than the gnoblars that come with it as well.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/30/warhammer-day-2021-x-marks-the-spot-for-this-new-warhammer-underworlds-warband

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 30, 2021

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Who will probably be a better at fighting than the gnoblars that come with it as well.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/30/warhammer-day-2021-x-marks-the-spot-for-this-new-warhammer-underworlds-warband

They’re perfect

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

You know, normally I don't regret when I decide on an army for a game, but missing out on pirate Ogors because I had a hankering for Jurassic Park...

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

:allears:

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Thoroughly unimpressed with the new Warcry warbands, but that pirate ogre warband is absolutely perfect.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Super pumped for a new Maggotkin book, they're so fun to paint and convert but "buy 10 boxes of Blightlords" was never a very appealing playstyle.

I do hope the mortal side of them stays competitive though, they are some of my favorite sculpts in the game. I just want having a few brick shithouse units of Blightlords and some Pusgoyle cavalry + cool heroes to finally be a viable strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
That's one of my wishes for chaos in AOS in general, I wish the mortal sides were more viable than their demon sides -gazes longingly at blades of Khorne models on the shelf-