Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LastInLine posted:

I've always wanted to ask you, what's the username about? I always think of the IATA code for Frankfort, KY when I see it.

it had a personal meaning once, but now it's all final fantasy tactics and fast fourier transforms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LastInLine posted:

Could be, I took it as their attitude toward the customer when informing them they're out of whatever it is they wanted

Yeah the whole thing is talking only about stuff that affects customers, so "inventory shortages" just means "ugh I can't get my thing because they're out of it" and this is your fault for some reason, employee

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FFT posted:

it had a personal meaning once, but now it's all final fantasy tactics and fast fourier transforms

Fist Fucker Tactics: Advanced

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah the whole thing is talking only about stuff that affects customers, so "inventory shortages" just means "ugh I can't get my thing because they're out of it" and this is your fault for some reason, employee

yeah my retail experience says that if the customer leaves upset or unsatisfied then it's the fault of the customer service rep. if the reason they're upset is something out of the customer service representative's control like something being out of stock or really expensive it's still the CS person's fault, a good employee would have made the customer leave happy and satisfied anyway by like smiling more or something

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
what i suspect is that these metrics are for evaluating the entire store, and putting the blame onto cashiers for the negative evaluation happens indirectly and after the fact (as the manager tries to punish his subordinates for the things that were his fault)

i would be extremely surprised if any employees who aren't in charge of stocking/ordering are directly and explicitly blamed for inventory shortages by QA

we're all friends here, but in the rest of the world, you won't be able to just smack a piece of paper phoenix wright style and expect to win this one

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah my retail experience says that if the customer leaves upset or unsatisfied then it's the fault of the customer service rep. if the reason they're upset is something out of the customer service representative's control like something being out of stock or really expensive it's still the CS person's fault, a good employee would have made the customer leave happy and satisfied anyway by like smiling more or something

This is correct and from the same shithead school of thought that a graph labeled bad-average-best where 5 is average anything less than 10 is grounds for immediate management and 8 or less is put on notice or fire the evaluated employee immediately territory.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

what i suspect is that these metrics are for evaluating the entire store, and putting the blame onto cashiers for the negative evaluation happens indirectly and after the fact (as the manager tries to punish his subordinates for the things that were his fault)

i would be extremely surprised if any employees who aren't in charge of stocking/ordering are directly and explicitly blamed for inventory shortages by QA

we're all friends here, but in the rest of the world, you won't be able to just smack a piece of paper phoenix wright style and expect to win this one

I’m curious, do you have experience working in food service? Because absolutely people will just point at a sheet of paper taped to the wall in the break room and say, “welp the paper says this is your responsibility, it’s out of my hands!” About poo poo the employees have no control over

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

DarkEuphoria posted:

I’m curious, do you have experience working in food service? Because absolutely people will just point at a sheet of paper taped to the wall in the break room and say, “welp the paper says this is your responsibility, it’s out of my hands!” About poo poo the employees have no control over

yes of course, i worked at an extremely large western fast food chain famous for its burgers with onion rings and barbecue sauce for many years

the only people who actually got treated brusquely by QA/OA were store managers and above

as for their demeanor towards us crew, you'd expect them to give us one of those little toys you see at the bank with wooden knobs and metal cords

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That sign does seem to be written for a target audience of managers (hence instructions like HOLD YOURSELF & THE TEAM ACCOUNTABLE), but I'd imagine it's like, the lowest level of manager that's just someone who's worked there long enough that they get a fancier shirt or w/e

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

the overseersrepresentatives of capital are never wrong

ArmedZombie has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Oct 31, 2021

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Shame Boy posted:

That sign does seem to be written for a target audience of managers (hence instructions like HOLD YOURSELF & THE TEAM ACCOUNTABLE), but I'd imagine it's like, the lowest level of manager that's just someone who's worked there long enough that they get a fancier shirt or w/e

i quit because i learned to code (heh) and got a job offering $14/hr and the STORE MANAGER was like "you have to take that job, that's more than I make"

that was a long time ago, but it wasn't that long of a time ago.

the spicy chicken sandwich was $1.49 when I quit

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grover Hall looking good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

Grover Hall looking good

i made this comparison in another thread and was corrected noting that groverhaus had no shortage of windows either in number or variety of shapes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Complications posted:

This is correct and from the same shithead school of thought that a graph labeled bad-average-best where 5 is average anything less than 10 is grounds for immediate management and 8 or less is put on notice or fire the evaluated employee immediately territory.

Seems like grading in America might have some influence on that mode of thought

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Shear Modulus posted:

i made this comparison in another thread and was corrected noting that groverhaus had no shortage of windows either in number or variety of shapes

The number of outlets that thing would have would be insane too

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Much has been talked about how the Boomers were never really radical, which has made me think lately that the conservatism of the Silents and Greatest generation is probably exaggerated too, at least amongst the working classes. Somebody here posted a survey that showed that opposition to Vietnam was disproportionately skewed towards older people which goes against the Hollywood interpretation of that era.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ToxicAcne posted:

Much has been talked about how the Boomers were never really radical, which has made me think lately that the conservatism of the Silents and Greatest generation is probably exaggerated too, at least amongst the working classes. Somebody here posted a survey that showed that opposition to Vietnam was disproportionately skewed towards older people which goes against the Hollywood interpretation of that era.

The counter-culture was by definition not the dominant culture, yes.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Edit: Double post

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
What generation were the ones saying the Kent state kids deserved to die

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

What generation were the ones saying the Kent state kids deserved to die

I woudn't be surprised if it was disproportionately boomer.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

ToxicAcne posted:

I woudn't be surprised if it was disproportionately boomer.

Youngest kids at kent state were born 1952 so I'm pretty sure they were the boomers.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Most boomers didn't go to college though. And alot of them were fist thumping troop supporters who voted for Nixon. I guess my point is that generational politics is bullshit then and now.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ToxicAcne posted:

Most boomers didn't go to college though. And alot of them were fist thumping troop supporters who voted for Nixon. I guess my point is that generational politics is bullshit then and now.

college had different consequences during the draft. if you dropped out, you were going to Vietnam. even the volunteers did so in the context of enlisting to avoid the infantry. “supporting the troops” didn’t really exist yet, it was a post facto response to the anti war movement. I agree that generational politics is in general bullshit, but at that moment, it served as a marker of the divide between white young people who supported the civil rights movement and their parents who did not.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

associating the anti war movement with hippies was an intentional op to discredit it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hippies were and are absolute scum, you can tell because the music they like is some of the worst poo poo ever put out in history

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Epic High Five posted:

hippies were and are absolute scum, you can tell because the music they like is some of the worst poo poo ever put out in history

also their weed sucked poo poo and was weak as hell, unforgivable imo

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dolphin posted:

just read that thing about chevron getting a judge to hire a private prosecutor to press charges against donziger when the d.a. declined to press charges, and now the dude's sitting in jail

Private prosecutor.

And when I thought the US had run out of ways to horrify me.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Professor Beetus posted:

also their weed sucked poo poo and was weak as hell, unforgivable imo

high times top weed of 1977

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

that’s cat puke

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I only know Martha Stewart from conservatives whining about the unfairness of tax law.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
if someone gave me a bag of that I wouldn’t even think to smoke it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

if someone gave me a bag of that I wouldn’t even think to smoke it

if you did you'd probably have to smoke an entire garbage bag full of it to get adequately gooned

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 210 days!

inferis posted:

high times top weed of 1977

lol this poo poo looks like crap salvaged for use as shake or something

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Forget ditch weed, that looks like swamp weed

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Private prosecutor.

And when I thought the US had run out of ways to horrify me.
watch it get cited as precedent

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Forget ditch weed, that looks like swamp weed

packing a big bowl of bog body hair

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I haven't smoked weed that ugly since the 90s.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
It all looks like industrial hemp ready for processing.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Thank evolution for weed, shrooms, and vicodin, curse God for having to exist in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thwphipps/status/1455174674363654144