Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Koirhor posted:

Sure I get that but people are also putting alot of projection of their hopes and dreams onto cardboard printed by a lovely company.

You can’t control wotc. You can control your posting and lack of awareness when you miss the point of representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

Someone post a powerful/controversial spoiler stat!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ok here's a real one

https://twitter.com/DeejayKnight/status/1454493306377760775

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I hate that twitter cuts the top off images

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ilmucche posted:

I hate that twitter cuts the top off images

It lets me make very poor guesses at casting costs while I click through

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
4 mana for a 3/3 flyer (that isn't even that on the turn you play it) is a bit underwhelming even in limited, and that's before you consider the punisher aspect of your opponent being able to delay turning it on if that's more beneficial to them.

4 mana for a 5/3 flyer wins draft games quite handily.

So this really comes down to how often you expect your opponent to have humans in play.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How do you find challenge deck lists? I can't find on the mtg website a specific link to them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I doubt this is good enough but the design is very cool.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I doubt this is good enough but the design is very cool.

Yeah if it was even 3 mana I could see it being ok in limited and even then it’s a stretch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/mikewildspeaker/status/1454502587932291076?s=21

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I played that card a lot.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Seems like a plan for protecting all of the Disturb creature enchantments. I would try running one in main deck, maybe more in the sideboard.

E: ohh Uncommon. I don't know how highly I would pick it. I guess it depends on more spoilers, but I don't normally pick conditional removal highly. I guess I would hope it wheels?

Is this a reprint? Did it play well before?

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 30, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1454509075534790663?s=21

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Seems like a plan for protecting all of the Disturb creature enchantments. I would try running one in main deck, maybe more in the sideboard.

E: ohh Uncommon. I don't know how highly I would pick it. I guess it depends on more spoilers, but I don't normally pick conditional removal highly. I guess I would hope it wheels?

it seems quite good to me, but how good depends on how common 4+ toughness creatures, but 2 mana for that kind of effect seems like an insanely good rate, and the added flexibility of being able to use it as a combat trick or protection spell makes it just a great all rounder. theres still a chance the card is dead but i think the game where your opponent has no 4 toughness creatures, no removal, and no trades is a game you are already winning quite handily

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Yeah it’s a Fate Reforged reprint. I dunno how it played before but it’s a straight upgrade over the 3 mana destroy 4+ toughness card from MID

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it’s a Fate Reforged reprint. I dunno how it played before but it’s a straight upgrade over the 3 mana destroy 4+ toughness card from MID

It was kinda fringy in standard but it did see some play... it killed Siege Rhino and protected your Siege Rhino.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I remember it being pretty good tbh but that was a far simpler time...

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

How is this mythic lmao

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Old-Growth Troll, Kazandu Mammoth after a land, Ashmouth Dragon, Goldspan Dragon, Lier, Adeline, it hits some pretty messy guys, and a lot of removal is destruction or damage this time around.

Might settle into sideboards.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

fadam posted:

Someone post a powerful/controversial spoiler stat!!

Geralf, Visionary Stitcher catapults dimir decay to meta warping S tier.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

meanolmrcloud posted:

How is this mythic lmao

This could really make some tokens depending on what you exile and how often you play lands, but it's probably not something that's going to really go off in Standard.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

It was kinda fringy in standard but it did see some play... it killed Siege Rhino and protected your Siege Rhino.

It was also in mardu dragons in the same era.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here’s something deece for red

https://twitter.com/glamshatterskll/status/1454528240937209856?s=21

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
Does Cemetary Protector make tokens if you exile a non-land with her? The phrasing is ambiguous. If she can flash in, eat a creature out of the graveyard, then make tokens on landfall AND when you cast a creature spell, I think she might be good. If she has to eat a land to make tokens on landfall, her chances are much lower.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Abhorrence posted:

Does Cemetary Protector make tokens if you exile a non-land with her? The phrasing is ambiguous. If she can flash in, eat a creature out of the graveyard, then make tokens on landfall AND when you cast a creature spell, I think she might be good. If she has to eat a land to make tokens on landfall, her chances are much lower.

I think it’s if you exile a land you make tokens when you play a land, if you exile anything else you make tokens when you cast a spell of the same type, so one or the other. I think it’s just worded that way because you “play” a land but “cast” a spell

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

If you exile an artifact or enchantment creature, she procs on even more card types which is cool

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Abhorrence posted:

She ETB, eats a card, and then she triggers everytime you cast a card of the same type or play a Land of the exiled card was a land. If you exile Urza's Saga she makes token everytime you cast an enchantment or play a land.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The trick is to exile Dryad Arbor, so it triggers off either.

Cemetery Protector attempts to trigger whenever you play a land or cast a spell, but the intervening if clause makes it so it only actually triggers if what you're playing matches what was exiled. Lands for lands, creatures for creatures, etc.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

It was also in mardu dragons in the same era.

That was a sweet deck. RB dragons was a sweet deck to.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

That was a sweet deck. RB dragons was a sweet deck to.

Crackling doom was my favorite card to cast in standard and will probably always will be.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sickening posted:

Crackling doom was my favorite card to cast in standard and will probably always will be.

It was especially fun when heroic decks were being played.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

She ETB, eats a card, and then she triggers everytime you cast a card of the same type or play a Land of the exiled card was a land. If you exile Urza's Saga she makes token everytime you cast an enchantment or play a land.

Without flash, It feels like an uncommon you’d cut from a limited white deck. With flash, it’s not all that much better

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

meanolmrcloud posted:

Without flash, It feels like an uncommon you’d cut from a limited white deck. With flash, it’s not all that much better

Fine body that attacks the graveyard in a graveyard set that can generate even more value is not a cuttable uncommon

What card from this set should have been mythic instead?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

meanolmrcloud posted:

You would literally never cut this theoretical uncommon in a set where the graveyard matters. The issue is that it probably should just be a rare, not that the card sucks.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

In the previous set, there was a 3/4 for 5 that generated 2 2/2’s and it was maybe the best common in the best color. There was also a 3/3 for 4 that gave a 1/1 in a medium color. The latter was rarely played, because a 3/3 body was almost as useless as a 1/1. I could see this being as good as diregraf horde.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/pytawidmo/status/1454591030179815424?s=21

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

meanolmrcloud posted:

In the previous set, there was a 3/4 for 5 that generated 2 2/2’s and it was maybe the best common in the best color. There was also a 3/3 for 4 that gave a 1/1 in a medium color. The latter was rarely played, because a 3/3 body was almost as useless as a 1/1. I could see this being as good as diregraf horde.

You forgot that it also nuked graves.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

What's the source for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.