Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
failhusband

failsband

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 14:57 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

how anime is japan's princess?

On a scale from <Dead Leaves> to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I'd say she ranks somewhere around Record of Lodoss War.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If anything being out of the game is probably a relief. Don't the Japanese royal family basically have no freedom?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If anything being out of the game is probably a relief. Don't the Japanese royal family basically have no freedom?

yeah the imperial household agency has near total control of the royal family and of course it's only staffed by the most decrepit and reactionary pro-imperialists in japan

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I guess it's better to dump them there than other parts of the government where people actually do stuff?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

I guess it's better to dump them there than other parts of the government where people actually do stuff?

lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bro Dad posted:

yeah the imperial household agency has near total control of the royal family and of course it's only staffed by the most decrepit and reactionary pro-imperialists in japan

https://www.kunaicho.go.jp/eindex.html
look at this website. its straight out of the 90s

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

stephenthinkpad posted:

failhusband

failsband

failsbar

feldspar

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Rutibex posted:

japanese websites have extreme Posting energy tbqf

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dead gay comedy forums posted:

japanese websites have extreme Posting energy tbqf

I am such a big sucker for web 1.0like websites.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rutibex posted:

i mean a lot japanese websites are like that for some reason

its like their web design philosphy is decades behind the rest of the world or something

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rutibex posted:

This is efficient design and takes great skill. Please Understand.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Good

Reject modernity. Embrace tradition.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Surely there must be some slightly less inbred Hapsburgs around they can marry?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/578824-should-we-surrender-to-china-now-to-get-it-over-with

:thunk:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
They need to ensure compatibility with Internet Explorer 5.0. Recently my bank sent out a warning that upgrading to Windows 11 would prevent you from accessing their online banking site.

E: another thing they do is use images for text fields, to ensure it is reproduced with the intended font and spacing.

Corky Romanovsky has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Oct 30, 2021

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Agrajag posted:

i mean a lot japanese websites are like that for some reason

its like their web design philosphy is decades behind the rest of the world or something

they're right

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Somebody told me one time that in japan you show up to work after graduating and they decide what your job is and it may or may not be related to what you learned in school. I don't know if that's true but if it is I can imagine how that would result in a lot of smaller companies & organizations ending up with geocities-rear end webpages.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

honestly i'd take 90s aesthetics over hundreds of megabytes of malware-infested webshit

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Lol looks like D&D China thread is feeling confident in claiming that ALL Chinese overseas are CCP agents. I finally had enough and exploded, looking forward to the ban.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Lol looks like D&D China thread is feeling confident in claiming that ALL Chinese overseas are CCP agents. I finally had enough and exploded, looking forward to the ban.

did that australian moron say it?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

GlassEye-Boy posted:

That viewpoint isn't limited to dnd.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GlassEye-Boy posted:

totally not racists

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I was hoping to apply for CIA's China task force and get an internment exception when poo poo hits the fans.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

blob wailing at the dying of empire, looking forward to more in the series

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wonder if a lot of sites are like that because of Japanese font rendering. It always makes a page look dated regardless of the rest of the content and afaik it’d take a shitload of effort to make a fancy new typeset that fits the branding

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I was at some Japanese site a few years ago and it’s was html tables for days, real nostalgic

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

GlassEye-Boy posted:

lol the last time i posted in d&d auspol, i pointed out to the mod that maybe probing only the chinese posters (me and thatfatkid) who are being accused of being paid by the ccp was pretty racist, i was met with a nice fat shrug

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

crepeface posted:

lol the last time i posted in d&d auspol, i pointed out to the mod that maybe probing only the chinese posters (me and thatfatkid) who are being accused of being paid by the ccp was pretty racist, i was met with a nice fat shrug

you should have claimed to have been Venezuelan lol

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

GlassEye-Boy posted:

They're just asking questions. How dare you point out that it's racist af that accusing all expats as having suspect loyalties and are not to be trusted.

crepeface posted:

Ahh good times.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

what the gently caress australians being racist towards chinese people??? I can't believe it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I enjoy reading the China thread. It let's me know the libs have the same views as my insanely racist trump voting coworkers. Maybe I should see if they want to talk to the guy who wants to nuke China and kill all Muslims or the lady that quit eating at the local Thai resurant because you can't trust them

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I tried to read the D&D thread about India/Pakistan and the posters kept on talking about India and Pakistan were going to nuke each other to death.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

You mean the decorum-poisoned forum is full of neocon ghouls?! :monocle:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Grapplejack posted:

what the gently caress australians being racist towards chinese people??? I can't believe it

australians: racist since 1778

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

Wonder if a lot of sites are like that because of Japanese font rendering. It always makes a page look dated regardless of the rest of the content and afaik it’d take a shitload of effort to make a fancy new typeset that fits the branding

An entire new font for all the characters yeah. There's usually just one off designs for like slogans or logos and stuff though.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I tried to read the D&D thread about India/Pakistan and the posters kept on talking about India and Pakistan were going to nuke each other to death.

Nihilists the lot of 'em.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Australians are pretty much the bottom tier of the white world under the New Zealanders.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I/P has the most flashpoints so they're not wrong; you've got Kashmir, plus the water situation. Water for China / India / Pakistan all comes from the same general region, which happens to also be in Kashmir, which the three of them have claims over. This is worsened by global warming and India leaping on fascism as the answer to their problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It seems weird to assume that 3 nations that have never used a nuke or given any indication that will would suddenly do so.