Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

It is entirely possible for an otherwise empathetic person to blank and gently caress up in one of the most stressful and sudden situations to be in.

That hypothetical person would not blame her for being mad at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Middle class problems.

AITA for buying my daughter a purple tablet?

quote:

My husband and I decided to get my daughter a new tablet for Christmas because she broke her last one. We were waiting for a good sale and we found one. My husband sent me the link and the coupon code and asked me to order it. When I opened the page I saw that they came in a few colors including purple which is my daughter's favorite color. I bought the purple one. It came in the mail today and now my husband is throwing a fit that I didn't get a black one. He thinks that if we decided to sell it one day it wouldn't sell as well as a black one. This is a tablet for a 6 year old, I don't think it will last long enough to be resold at any point. I told him that and that it was for her and not him and she loves purple. He told me he thinks I bought the purple one just to irritate him. I told him that was kind of narcissistic, thinking that I bought something for my daughter in her favorite color just to piss him off. Now he's giving me the silent treatment, slamming doors and stomping around. So, I need your help, am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit to answer some questions. No the purple one didn't cost any more, all the colors were the same price. We have another tablet he could have if he wanted it. Yes, this is a fairly common thing, we were separated for a while but had to move back in together for financial reasons. And for the guy asking why we'd buy a tablet for a 6 year old, it was $40 and it's set up with strict parental controls, she can only use it for educational games and videos.

You got your daughter something she liked just to make me mad!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

separate again, idiot

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I don't care what the gently caress your "financial reasons" are, they're not good enough to move in with someone you've broken it off with

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

He thinks that if we decided to sell it one day it wouldn't sell as well as a black one.
(...)
it was $40 and it's set up with strict parental controls
Lol at worrying about the resale price of a tablet that costs $40 brand new.

Even if by some miracle it doesn't get destroyed by the six-year old, nobody's buying a used version of something that cheap.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Middle class problems.

You got your daughter something she liked just to make me mad!

lol I thought this was going to be a teenager getting upset for stupid reasons but it turned out to be a supposedly grown adult

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My (33m) wife (30f) thinks our house is haunted and wants to sell it and move

quote:

As I was typing out the title to this post it hit me how ridiculous it sounds but this is real and I'm at a loss and I don't know what to do.

About a month ago me and my wife were out on a date. We had dinner and finished a few bottles of wine so we were walking home. We passed this neon sign for a fortune teller or tarot card readings or something like that. We were both pretty drunk and decided going in would be kind of fun.

I have never went to a fortune teller before this and don't believe in that stuff (no offense to anyone who does) but I like horror stuff and Halloween so I just thought it would be something fun.

Anyways we get there and the lady asked a couple of questions (mostly directed at my wife) then she started asking me some stuff - it was the usual leading questions I guess. I was having fun. It was sort of like seeing a magic show. You know it's fake but that doesn't mean you don't enjoy it.

Suddenly she freezes and tells me I have a dark spirit attached to me or something like that. I kind of laughed awkwardly just not really knowing what to say but she played it totally serious and didn't let up.

I thought the whole thing was fun in a macabre way and thought my wife did too but apparently she took it a little more serious than me. She started talking about how we lose things in the house only to find them days later in one of the spots we looked. That does happen but I figure we just missed it the first time or one of us moved it without realizing. She kept giving silly examples like that and at first I thought she was just kidding around but she kept bringing things like that up and I was starting to get worried.

Now last night we were watching a movie and a picture frame fell off the wall and made us jump. It scared me but I laughed once it realized it was nothing. My wife freaked out and started saying the house is haunted, the fortune teller is right, ect. Then she was getting mad at me for not saying anything. I think I was just in disbelief. How does an adult believe in ghosts still? I started saying there were reasonable explanations for all her "evidence" but that just made her more angry. She stormed off and I finished the movie figuring she needed time to cool down.

This morning she started saying she wants to sell the house and move. I really like our house and don't want to move. Especially for a stupid reason. The housing market here (Canada) is also hosed so we could sell our house easy but would go into a lot more debt moving anywhere. She got so angry when I said I don't want to move. We never really had any fights like this before so I ended up storming off. Now she told our kids (5f , and 8m) that there's a ghost in the house. They're freaked out and are scared to stay here and go to sleep.

I feel like I'm some horror movie dad cliche- but there's definitely no ghosts here and I don't know what I should do

just pay a guy on craigslist $20 to pretend to exorcise the house, she seems dumb enough to fall for that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

just pay a guy on craigslist $20 to pretend to exorcise the house, she seems dumb enough to fall for that

Burn some sage and tell the wife to get some protective crystals bing bong

If they’re gonna play the woo woo game, play it back but have fun with it

Edit: get the anti-demon possession tattoo from supernatural, the house isn’t possessed, the husband was

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol imagine a canadian ghost just like

"Oh sorrey buddy, slammed the cabinet doors a little loud there, eh?"

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

AITA for being annoyed when my nephew always orders the most expensive food on the menu?

quote:

whenever we go out to a family dinner i always insist on paying, especially when it’s with my father/mother in law. my sister in laws son (11) always sees this as a chance to order the most expensive menu options. today at lunch we all ordered entrees while he got the fanciest appetizer, starter and a whole lobster to himself. when his lobster came he took a bite and said “i don’t want it anymore. i’m full”. i suggested he take it home but he responded with “i don’t eat leftovers”. i tried to hide my annoyance but this continually happens every time we get together. i’m getting real sick of it especially when my own meal costs $20 and his ends up being $120+ each time. hell ALWAYS get the most expensive filet mignon steak or seafood and never finish.

am i the rear end in a top hat for telling my wife to talk to her nephew to limit his ordering when we go out to dinner?

i feel like they will call me an rear end in a top hat for dictating what they order and that my insistence on paying shouldn’t have any strings attached.

Edit: I’m Asian and so are everyone on my wife’s side of the family. In my culture I “must” insist on paying ESPECIALLY when my father/mother in law are attending or else I ”lose face”. my insistence to pay and hospitality reflect on how my parents have raised me.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Mx. posted:

These stories always end up being carbon monoxide leaks causing severe hallucinations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Funktastic posted:

AITA for being annoyed when my nephew always orders the most expensive food on the menu?
LMAO that the kid is 11, that's like the perfect age to test stupid boundaries while not understanding the actual problems with food waste on that level. I'm guessing if OP just took the leftovers that he didn't want, that'd also be culturally reflecting badly on him even though the kid is saying he doesn't want them. What I don't get is why his parents are letting him do this multiple times instead of talking to him after one time.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Funktastic posted:

Holy poo poo that is rude of the kid. If they're going to talk up cultural values and expect OP to pay for everyone they need to tell their kid to quit being a shithead and show some respect.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Solenna posted:

Holy poo poo that is rude of the kid. If they're going to talk up cultural values and expect OP to pay for everyone they need to tell their kid to quit being a shithead and show some respect.
I'm not even mad at the kid because he's 11 and testing boundaries is to be expected, I'm mad at his parents because that's when they're supposed to lay out expected boundaries.

EDIT: Like they should have intervened the first time he pulled this or at least intervened after and apologized to OP, 11 is plenty old enough to decide what you want to eat but not if you're going to say 'everything' and then throw away the extra.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Funktastic posted:

I guess Im immediately flummoxed cause in the asian part of my family the rule is the person who pays chooses the dishes and eveything is served family style.

If you're going to do the paterfamilias thing though you get to put you foot down, so grow a spine and say food is to be eaten, not wasted and you will be ordering for the child until he learns not to leave left overs while silently and unflinchingly staring at his grandparents.

Got family input: The unanimous immediate opinion after "why the hell is this meal not family style" was take the sister in law aside and tell her "I am not paying to feed rats"

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 31, 2021

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Barudak posted:

and tell her "I am not paying to feed rats"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Barudak posted:

tell her "I am not paying to feed rats"

That's a baller way to put it :hmmyes:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That sounds like a cool thing for a mafia don to say before blasting some guy who is wearing a wire

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

coronatae posted:

Anyways, vintage Dear Prudence, Edgelord Roommate Edition

I've known tons of teenagers who have morbid fascinations with serial killers, and all it means is they're edgy little babies who have no sense of scale or impact. I wanna see the edgelord teen girl who has a poster of Pol Pot or George Dubya or someone, maybe the dudes from Los Alamos.

"oh, you like true crime? well, see this guy here? That's Colin Powell. His lies to the United Nations in part led to the unnecessary deaths of one million or more people in Iraq and surrounding territories. How many people did your serial killer have in his fridge? six? psh, maybe I'd think he was cool if I was a little kid."

before you suggest it, lots of teens already have mao/stalin/hitler on their walls lmao

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Barudak posted:

I guess Im immediately flummoxed cause in the asian part of my family the rule is the person who pays chooses the dishes and eveything is served family style.

IME, more than one party goes into it thinking they might have to pay, keeps their powder dry til the end, and then makes the biggest show of refusing all other offers to pay. This can take 5-20 minutes, depending on how much relative face is at stake from paying.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Funktastic posted:

Curious why the sister-in-laws husband isn't one of the options to pay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

IME, more than one party goes into it thinking they might have to pay, keeps their powder dry til the end, and then makes the biggest show of refusing all other offers to pay. This can take 5-20 minutes, depending on how much relative face is at stake from paying.

My family its pretty simple since they announce ahead of time because "when I'm drunk I don't have the right brain to argue". Sometimes theres a little game at the start but its way easier to fold when the other party is basically wagering how many dishes and drinks they're ready to order.

pentyne posted:

Curious why the sister-in-laws husband isn't one of the options to pay.

Wife wants the face and he likes being paterfamilias, but he hasn't learned to rule.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

These stories always end up being carbon monoxide leaks causing severe hallucinations.

Right, it's either that or they need to call a general contractor to install new weather stripping and rehang some doors.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I forget the name of the show but it involves houses that are supposedly haunted. The owner will complain of weird poo poo and the show will hire some psychic and a mechanical guy. Invariably the mechanical guy will find a squeaky door and a drafty window solving the mystery but the owner of the house will choose to believe the psychic's story of murder or whatever.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tarkus posted:

I forget the name of the show but it involves houses that are supposedly haunted. The owner will complain of weird poo poo and the show will hire some psychic and a mechanical guy. Invariably the mechanical guy will find a squeaky door and a drafty window solving the mystery but the owner of the house will choose to believe the psychic's story of murder or whatever.

My wife and I moved into a house where the previous two or three owners got divorced within like 5 years of buying the house. I think I know why- The main bathroom was fairly cramped, but at some point a previous owner installed a very large pedestal sink. So there's no under sink cabinet, and the sink was so wide you couldn't fit more than one person in the bathroom. The whole house had things like that, doors that couldn't latch, outlets that wouldn't work, fixtures that burned out bulbs quickly. They all made life just a little annoying and uncomfortable; the state of the house was sending a subconscious message.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

killer crane posted:

My wife and I moved into a house where the previous two or three owners got divorced within like 5 years of buying the house. I think I know why- The main bathroom was fairly cramped, but at some point a previous owner installed a very large pedestal sink. So there's no under sink cabinet, and the sink was so wide you couldn't fit more than one person in the bathroom. The whole house had things like that, doors that couldn't latch, outlets that wouldn't work, fixtures that burned out bulbs quickly. They all made life just a little annoying and uncomfortable; the state of the house was sending a subconscious message.

Did you fix the issues with the house, or get divorced?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Tarkus posted:

Paranormal Home Inspectors

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quackles posted:

Murder suicide ghost posting

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Maybe a little too cinematic to be true, but hey, I'll suspend disbelief for a good story.

Me [36M] with my [42F] of 2 years, I suspect she's up to some shenanigans.

quote:

I've dated this lovely lady for about 2 years and she's meant the world to me. We've been two peas in a pod and I adore her completely. We've always had our week or weekend plans committed because we tend to travel quite a bit, so having these plans cemented is an important detail due to the arrangements I make for an outing.

Well, several months ago she cancelled on me for a weekend trip. It was sudden and caught me off guard but life happens. She had decided to go to a party with her friends. No big deal and I told her I would pick her up at whatever time she called. I wished her a good time and counted on hearing at the end of the night. The end of the night comes and instead of a 'come pick up my drunk self' I got an 'Im going to stay the night with my friend here'. I was fine with this and said to rest up and have a nice night.

When we finally meet up again a week later, something was off. My spider sense was tingling and she was looking everywhere but at my face while we were having dinner. I asked her if she was feeling okay or if there was something I could help with and she said no, and that she just wants to go home. Something was clearly bothering her, but it was a secret and nothing I could say or do was going to let that secret out.

Over the next several weeks, more plans of ours were cancelled and were replaced with her going to her friends to hang out for drinks. I actually tried to invite myself along to one of these excursions but she insisted that I was going to be bored and to find something else to keep myself occupied. This puts me on full alert. It bothered me quite a bit because this had been happening often lately. I dont know what the next level of having a spider sense tingle is...but I was definitely on that next level.

A week or so later she bails on our plans again for our Saturday. She tells me shes hanging out with her drinking friend at the farmers market and maybe her and I can get together later that night. Well shucks.... it takes me 10 minutes to get to the market and I decide that I should put on my investigation hat and see whats going on. I do not tell her Im on my way.

Upon arrival to the market, I take a look around and I cant find this girl. I look everywhere. I sent her a message saying 'hey, i happen to be at the market too! Where are you?' My phone blows up with all kinds of questions: 'where did you park?' 'what direction are you in?' 'what shop are you by?' I gave her the details, and 10 minutes later shes standing in front of me. With perfume on. She never wears perfume. I ask where her friends are as it would be good to say 'hi' and she tells me that her friends all left to get lunch.

My question, dear Reddit, is how do I get to the bottom of this? What do I ask her? Am I imagining things or is something up? Am I reading things that aren't there?

tl;dr: Whats this girl up to? How do I get her to spill the beans.

[Update]I [36M] walked into my lovely GF [42F] with her new boy toy. I brought the ice cream.

quote:

First off, I want to say thanks to the advice everyone had given. There were a few thoughts that resonated that I appreciate. Secondly, get your popcorn. Disgunbgood.jpg.gif I know we all like a good story, and this is somewhat therapeutic for me. This all happened a few days ago and it took me a bit to digest everything.

Quite a bit of advice was around direct confrontation and asking her what the heck was going on. After numerous ignored phone calls and text messages she finally decided to pick up her phone. She apologized and said her phone died and she didn't realize it until it was too late. I started in right away with that she had previously sent me a message non nonchalantly that she just 'wasn't feeling it' between us. After that message, we talked and she said she was just feeling stressed and was taking it out on me. Understandable...stress happens. So my next question was this: "Your friend had told me that you were seeing someone else. Whats going on? Do you want to break up??"

Her answer? "What??? WHO SAID THAT??? oh my god.... who said that?? Oh my gosh, Im sooooo tired of all these rumors about me! Who said that?!" She went on like this for quite a while. What struck me was that she was more concerned about someone ratting her out than the accusations. She assured me over and over that no she did not want to break up and then started making me feel awful that I would make these statements towards her. Didn't I know how she felt about me? That i was saying this made her feel like I didn't trust her. I suddenly felt like the worst person in the world. She also pleaded with me to give up who it was that said this, but I wasn't budging on that. In the end, she said she was having an emotional, stressful day and just wanted to relax and we would talk later, maybe over the weekend. After taken in the advice from here... I felt like she was misdirecting.

I sat there in a mix of feeling like something was amiss, and feeling awful that i just accused my beautiful girlfriend of cheating on me. I felt terrible. I sat for a bit, feeling like I just put this huge crack in our relationship. I love her to pieces. I needed to go apologize.

I hopped in my car and drove the hour to her city and decided to get her a quart of her favorite chocolate ice cream on my way there. When I stopped into the shop to pick up this treat, I run right smack into her daughter hanging out with her boyfriend. They are both in college, doing night classes and just got out of school and wanted a treat. We were chit chatting and she was going to be staying at her bf for the night, but forgot one of her workbooks and needed to stop at the house real quick to pick it up.

After chatting, the daughters bf took off and we both drove up to my GF house. I pulled into the street because they have assigned parking at her unit. Her daughter actually pulled up behind me instead of her own spot and when we got out I said, "whats up, neighbor took your spot again?" as we walked up to the door.

"No.... thats not my neighbors car..."

I don't know if it was the way she said it or her sigh afterwards or what but suddenly it felt like my heart just sank. I KNEW what we were going to find, but I was hoping for anything but that.

Her daughter and I both shuffled through the door and stopped immediately in the entryway. We could just hear them. There's no mistaking it. You know the sound: rhythmic thumping and moaning with little exclamations of pleasure. The bedroom was right across from us.

Her daughter looked at me with her eyes as big as saucers and just goes 'oh my god....im sooooooo sorry'. At this moment it felt like i was living outside my body. Its hard to explain but suddenly it was like i was just a person watching actions happen. I couldn't really feel anything and I didn't know what to do. Here i am...standing here...with a quart of ice cream while my GF is getting railed in her bedroom. I had no idea how to proceed. My whole body just felt like i couldn't control it.

Her daughter suddenly just screams 'MOM! WHAT THE gently caress!' that sounded like a cross between a banshee wail and an firetruck siren.

My GF actually ran out of the bedroom, naked and all, possibly thinking there was some emergency. Maybe motherly instincts that something bad just happened. I don't know. She started to formulate words but fell silent as soon as she saw the too of us standing there.

Eventually a stream of words fell out of her mouth: "oh my god. What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here. what are you doing here?" She kept repeating it over and over until she ran back into the bedroom.

I still stood there. shocked. Still having an out of body experience. I don't know how much time passed. seconds or hours. It blurs. She came out clothed in her pajamas and was talking to whoever it was on the other side of the bedroom door. My GF (EX now) started yelling at her daughter and I about why we were in the house. I think the realization of everything was suddenly starting to hit her because she started crying and making unintelligible noises. Her daughter starts to scream at her about 'how could you do this??' and 'you did it AGAIN?'

At this point...I had seen enough. I couldn't even look at her anymore. Everything was numb and my ears felt like they were ringing. My body still wasn't my own. I walked over to her kitchen table and put down the ice cream saying, 'I know you get hungry after sex....so heres some ice cream.' and walked out the door. She started sobbing 'Nooo' but it I just kept walking and drove home. That was a few days ago.

I didn't go to work the next day.

My phone has been BLOWN up. I have not replied. For your reading pleasure here are some of my favorite messages:

"If we had spent more time together it wouldn't have happened."

"It doesn't mean anything. You know that I love you"

"If you cared anything about us or our relationship you would talk to me."

"Are you ignoring me?"

"Please" I have lots of 'please's.

"if you cared, we would be able to work this out"

It goes on and on.

Right now I still feel kinda numb. I just don't understand how or why this happened. I gave this girl and her family so much and my all and it didn't even matter. I provided for them when times were tough and did so much to make our lives good. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I feel like I don't mean anything or that I can't make someone happy now. It's frustrating. I know Ill get over it in time but it definitely hurts. I don't understand why or how this could happen. We were soooo good too. So many questions I want to ask her, but Im forcing myself to NOT have contact with her and just going to move on.

In retrospect I wish I kept the ice cream.

tl;dr: GF caught having sex. She got rewarded with Ice cream.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Quackles posted:

We've done enough house maintenance to stay married.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Quackles posted:

What's all this about a kettle? Just boil your water in a saucepan.

Yeah, this is always strange to me that people go straight to microwave instead of just using a saucepan (especially since many have a little lip for pouring liquid safely)

A LOT of stuff Eurogoons get confused about in the US is almost always infrastructure differences, like the electric differential.
The U.S. is freaking GIGANTIC, like massive, enormous. Amd this leads to many differences and challenges that WestEuropeans don't deal with at all.

Well, that, and just plain cultural differences. Coffee is our hot drink of choice. Tea isn't our bag, unless you're talking about Southern tea/iced tea

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

spouse posted:

Maybe a little too cinematic to be true, but hey, I'll suspend disbelief for a good story.

Me [36M] with my [42F] of 2 years, I suspect she's up to some shenanigans.

[Update]I [36M] walked into my lovely GF [42F] with her new boy toy. I brought the ice cream.

Ah, speaking of that... Yeah, most 'creative writing' projects on Reddit are not actually fake, but rather a more dramatic retelling of a previous *real* Reddit story.

Like that story from earlier, where the wife had a threesome without her husband, then said for her husband to 'reclaim' her while not getting why he was upset? Apparently, it was fake, but based off an earlier thread posted.

Except, the real version is a lot more sad, like genuinely upsetting how the poster wrote it. Like one word answers and a lot of grammar mistakes and respond to threads weirdly, you could instantly tell the dude was freaking out really bad and panicking. I'll try to find in a bit

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Miserable Maid posted:

Yeah, this is always strange to me that people go straight to microwave instead of just using a saucepan (especially since many have a little lip for pouring liquid safely)

A LOT of stuff Eurogoons get confused about in the US is almost always infrastructure differences, like the electric differential.
The U.S. is freaking GIGANTIC, like massive, enormous. Amd this leads to many differences and challenges that WestEuropeans don't deal with at all.

Well, that, and just plain cultural differences. Coffee is our hot drink of choice. Tea isn't our bag, unless you're talking about Southern tea/iced tea

Wait you think most Europeans drink tea like the British?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Sorry, for some reason I think of Eurogoon, I think British.

Sorry for being an ignorant american

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The British are somewhat overrepresented on the English-speaking Internet, I think? I'm not sure if the French and Germans "lose" some posters to native language parts of the Web, or if the Brits genuinely spend more time online, or what the deal is. Maybe it's just confirmation bias.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

I have an electric kettle and I'm in the US, but it's absolutely fantastic using one in the UK since it boils much faster due to them having 230v/13A (IIRC) vs our 110v/15 or 20a circuits. I still love mine though :swoon:

Miserable Maid posted:

Ah, speaking of that... Yeah, most 'creative writing' projects on Reddit are not actually fake, but rather a more dramatic retelling of a previous *real* Reddit story.

Like that story from earlier, where the wife had a threesome without her husband, then said for her husband to 'reclaim' her while not getting why he was upset? Apparently, it was fake, but based off an earlier thread posted.

Except, the real version is a lot more sad, like genuinely upsetting how the poster wrote it. Like one word answers and a lot of grammar mistakes and respond to threads weirdly, you could instantly tell the dude was freaking out really bad and panicking. I'll try to find in a bit

The only ones I usually insta-disbelieve are cuckolding stories, since probably 5 times across iterations of this thread I've found "hahah, i got em" posts later from people linking to the article and claiming to have made it up to troll people. There's a huge undercurrent of racist cuckoldry trolling coming from 4chan because I guess they think they're "owning" people by... posting about the (largely false) inadequacies of white men (that stem from their own insecurities)?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Engineers are truly the worst people to ever live. I don't know if the profession attracts broken people or if it's the education that shatters their mind. Either way they think they're smart like doctors, who are also stupid but at least have the excuse of having to work for years on a schedule designed by people who took cocaine all day and then heroine to fall alseep every night when you could buy miracle speedball tonics everywhere.

Every engineer I have ever had to deal with has been a uniquely terrible client in their own way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A reminder engineers are over represented in terrorist organizations because they tend towards rigid black and white thinking.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

A reminder engineers are over represented in terrorist organizations because they tend towards rigid black and white thinking.

Quoting myself on a post I found on theDonald.win that supports this. I think it fits this thread.

cumshitter posted:

I have an extended family of rich libtards and I happen to have the fancy STEM degree while the rest are doctors and lawyers. None of them are currently able to see my children or speak to me until they apologize or take an oath (to me) to defend their country and freedom.

Lol at the hubris of making GBS threads on people with doctorates, master's degrees, and post education professional certifications. I have an engineer client I hate dealing with because every call with him devolved into him ranting about wanting to kill "libtards."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Barudak posted:

Got family input: The unanimous immediate opinion after "why the hell is this meal not family style" was take the sister in law aside and tell her "I am not paying to feed rats"

Thanks for this, not just for the laugh but because when we hear about traditions like "x must insist on paying for the meal" we very rarely hear about the nuanced set of expectations and norms behind the tradition that make it work.