Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Thanks for calling me out. Burbs :(

I meant Atlanta but there isn’t so much Atlanta to the Braves. I am owned. Mea culpa.

E: man I’m old enough that this is Hank Aaron’s team and belongs to Atlanta proper. Ugh.

I'm just being pedantic for the sake of pedantic. I know it's still a big deal to Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Unrelated but I am in awe at the size of this pigeon

That is one hefty lad

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Timby posted:

Again, I'm only barely competent. My bread and butter has always been as a singer, although being sick as hell for the past few years did a real number on my voice. I don't sound like late-era Leonard Cohen, who sounded like he had lived in a swimming pool of cigarettes and vodka for 20 years, but there's definitely some gravel in my voice.

This will be the first time I've performed since my old band reunited and played a friend's wedding reception in April 2019.

Get some, Timby!

:negative:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i pressed something on my keyboard and it made my post before it was done :(

Play fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 31, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pretty sure the reason I know of cane toads is the clip of the guy doing a news interview about how much he hates them, then there is footage of him driving down the road swerving to hit every one he sees.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Good luck Timby. Use that beautiful instrument you call your body

BlindSite posted:

Yeah that's them. While there isn't a kill onsite rule we used to literally hunt them as kids, we had a bayonet on a broom handle that dad kept in his shed and we'd spot them with a torch, spear them and then chuck them in a hole and bury them. People intentionally run them over on the road - like its not unusual this time of year when they're really active to see flattened ones in the road driving around. There's even a company in aus that produces an air rifle designed specifically for shooting toads. So it's kind of ingrained in me - see a toad - kill the toad.

IIRC they were introduced in the 50s to kill cane beetles that were killing all the sugar cane. They spawn thousands of eggs at a time and they have no natural predators - their tadpoles and bodies are poisonous and they're opportunistic feeders - they eat a lot of native frogs and bugs. Add to that they live 10-15 years unmolested, can survive almost anywhere and never stop eating or breeding they've been almost impossible to eradicate.

It's the same in Kauai. Wild chickens, feral cats, and cane toads are the big ones.

I remember walking down this long dirt road leading to the west side of the Na Pali coast, fuckers were EVERYWHERE. Not only live toads but literally hundreds of flattened toad corpses even though it was not a frequently used road. I couldn't even believe that that many toads could live in one place without wiping out their food source within a week or two.

Coincidentally, this Tuesday I am going to Hawaii. Oahu this time, but it's being fully paid for by my work so I am pretty stoked. Been too long since I had a proper vacation.

Bad part is that I'm never truly away from my job, I will still being answering emails and fielding phone calls and dealing with emergencies because my life is poo poo and my job loving sucks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey Greinke got a hit.

Could be the last (forced) pitcher hit in baseball history if/when they push through the universal DH stuff--and if no one else gets one of course. Cool that Zack got it if it works out that way, he loves hitting way more than he loves pitching.

I assume you can still voluntarily give up the DH if Shohei is pitching so probably not the last pitcher hit ever, but perhaps the last in this era I guess.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

seiferguy posted:

Unrelated but I am in awe at the size of this pigeon

That is one hefty lad

you and i have wildly different ideas of what constitutes a fat pigeon

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

Hey Greinke got a hit.

Could be the last (forced) pitcher hit in baseball history if/when they push through the universal DH stuff--and if no one else gets one of course. Cool that Zack got it if it works out that way, he loves hitting way more than he loves pitching.

I assume you can still voluntarily give up the DH if Shohei is pitching so probably not the last pitcher hit ever, but perhaps the last in this era I guess.

Signs point to the sport being wildly worse when it returns in 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

General Dog posted:

Signs point to the sport being wildly worse when it returns in 2023

people won't miss the senior circuit chess matches when they see more dingers flying out because pitchers no longer have to hit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

harperdc posted:

people won't miss the senior circuit chess matches when they see more dingers flying out because pitchers no longer have to hit

Playoff expansion is the much bigger concern.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Toaster Beef posted:

you and i have wildly different ideas of what constitutes a fat pigeon

Picture doesn't do it justice, when it was looking forward at me it was massive. Like, bigger than anything I've seen in Seattle (and Seattle gets chonky pigeons).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1454605582460243971?t=qYyORqHNkYWCWO7OH4Ia3Q&s=19

:smugdon:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The worst.

Also BARVES going up 3-2 on back to back dingers.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1454646682549899268

:discourse:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BARVES

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I went to my cousin's wedding in Chicago tonight, first big event since the pandemic. Basically no mask wearing in either the rehearsal dinner nor the wedding, so really hoping I didn't catch Covid. Otherwise, great night, except I kept letting my cousins rope me into rounds of tequila shots.

So now I'm just lying in bed at the hotel watching anime, hoping I'll sober up enough to fall asleep.

Also got roped into enough deep dish to declare Lou Malnatis to be the deep dish capital of Chicago

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Today I cleaned out the gutters, and did a little woodworking, and then we put up halloween decorations and carved pumpkins, and then I finished Disco Elysium. Annoyed that I failed like three 75%+ red checks in a row near the end of the game at points where I couldn't save first. I don't know if I really want to replay this game, but there's so many things I didn't finish because I didn't realize I was nearly at the end of the game. God it's such a good game, though.

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch football all day and make soup and give like ten million calories of refined sugar out to a bunch of kids.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got roped into driving up to NYC today to go hang out with my wife's best girlfriend, hoping that we make it back in time for trick or treaters. It'll be the first time in six years that we've had trick or treat compatible living arrangements!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Glumslinger posted:

I went to my cousin's wedding in Chicago tonight, first big event since the pandemic. Basically no mask wearing in either the rehearsal dinner nor the wedding, so really hoping I didn't catch Covid. Otherwise, great night, except I kept letting my cousins rope me into rounds of tequila shots.

So now I'm just lying in bed at the hotel watching anime, hoping I'll sober up enough to fall asleep.

Also got roped into enough deep dish to declare Lou Malnatis to be the deep dish capital of Chicago

Wedding drunk and Lou Malnati's? Hope you enjoyed your hosed up dreams last night!

Chicago is such a great town

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

Lou Malnati's is the truth.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Friday my kid came down with a cold, which means Saturday I came down with a cold. So now it’s Halloween and I feel like crap. Not sure if I’m even going to bother dressing up now.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Deep dish is a casserole

Happy Halloween! :spooky:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

She hates him so much and it gives me so much life.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What’s everyone giving out to trick-or-treaters tonight? I got fun size Butterfingers and Baby Ruths, because that’s what was left at the store, but they’re also both upper-echelon candy bars as far as I’m concerned.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

General Dog posted:

What’s everyone giving out to trick-or-treaters tonight? I got fun size Butterfingers and Baby Ruths, because that’s what was left at the store, but they’re also both upper-echelon candy bars as far as I’m concerned.

Put together some goodie bags and are setting up a table on the front lawn. We have a Costco bag of fun size chocolate bars as a backup. 100 Grand are so elite.

We're expecting to get swarmed. Halloween is a big deal on this street. A guy up the street is in construction and spends all of October building an incredibly elaborate scary yard, complete with water feature and giant spider. They give out full size bars, so all the neighborhood kids come here. Should be great.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I got the 1927 Yankees of candy lineups. Snickers, Almond Joys, Reese's, Kit Kats, Twix, Hershey's. I made it 4 days before I was raiding them regularly.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
she can leave him any time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

I forgot to get candy, so ran out and bought some yesterday, but there was literally no halloween candy left, so I'm handing out christmas themed kit kats, twix and peppermint patties.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

I bought some sort of Hershey's grab bag with the following fun sizes:
Kit Kat
Whoppers
Heath Bar
Milk Duds
Hershey's Cookies & Cream
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

she can leave him any time

She won’t because she likes the money and attention too much. She probably figures he’s going to die soon anyway. She’s almost as bad as Trump.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Coco13 posted:

I got the 1927 Yankees of candy lineups. Snickers, Almond Joys, Reese's, Kit Kats, Twix, Hershey's. I made it 4 days before I was raiding them regularly.

Just picked up that same pack yesterday. We've gone through three or four assortment bags of little candy since they've been stocking them for Halloween for over a month now.

Turns out there is at least one candy my wife won't eat but I enjoy in every assortment pack. My drawer at work is Whoppers and Three Musketeers already with Almond Joy incoming.

Also we don't get trick or treaters, so those purchases was 100% for us from the beginning.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

She won’t because she likes the money and attention too much. She probably figures he’s going to die soon anyway. She’s almost as bad as Trump.

I don't feel bad for her but you know she probably watched him eat once and figured "yeah I can do this for a couple years."

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I got home late last night and some delinquent youths TP’d my elderly neighbor’s tree, so I went over and cleaned it up.

Those fuckers used some high quality toilet paper, you gotta save that stuff for your butt dummies! The Great Toilet Paper Recession was barely a year ago!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

Absolutely nothing at all. Screw em.

(because we had Halloween last night for some reason in our area)

Seriously though, we ran out of candy three times. We drove around the area trick or treating with the family on a hayride and when we got back, our candy bowl that we left outside was almost empty. We had to ask the kids three times for any candy they didn't want. The early kids to our house got the good chocolate (Snickers/Reeses/M&Ms, etc). The late kids got Smarties, Dum Dums, and Tootsie Rolls. Thems the breaks.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

There were also 100 Grand, peanut and plain M&Ms, Almond Joy, York peppermint patties, Twix, and KitKat. It was a big bag we got from Costco. I guess next year we need to get 2 bags.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

Nothing because nobody trick or treats in our complex. We haven't had anyone come by in like 9 years at this point.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
got a big reeses multipack bc i only serve the one true candy

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We got two bags. One of Snickers, Twix, Milky Way and one of Sour Patch Kids, Skittles, and something else I'm forgetting. Hoping that the second bag we don't go through so it's mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

got a big reeses multipack bc i only serve the one true candy

My man :hfive: