Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

BabelFish posted:

Nobody will be able to guess my character's name on Mischief, for I have cleverly obfuscated it.

hah yeah I figured there were multiple goons in the guild, just didn't know who.

I just haven't had the will to log on after the shard farming and stuff; hopefully I'll feel up to it tomorrow, get my enchanter to 40 so I can group him with my cleric/warrior and start doing AA on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Are there any particularly special 1-60 leveling zones in Luclin? The expansion is so vast and janky, and it still has a ton I have never seen. I'm considering making an alt with the goal of seeing some new zones.

I had an amazing time doing that on Selo with the super fast xp. The most memorable spot was Katta guards in the 30s. The scale of that zone is really drat cool, and sneaking into cities to mow down guards has always been a core EQ experience to me.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Solarin posted:

Are there any particularly special 1-60 leveling zones in Luclin? The expansion is so vast and janky, and it still has a ton I have never seen. I'm considering making an alt with the goal of seeing some new zones.

I had an amazing time doing that on Selo with the super fast xp. The most memorable spot was Katta guards in the 30s. The scale of that zone is really drat cool, and sneaking into cities to mow down guards has always been a core EQ experience to me.

On aradune, Grieg's end was good if you had the DPS and could get a good spot (but a pain to pull). Velketor's dogs/keep was fine. Chardok was probably also fine but more of a pain.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Solarin posted:

paludal caverns is top tier exp for the levels, I think like 16 through mid 20s, could be slightly off.

I think we did ssra basement/mines a bit for AA, can't recall if it was good xp or not.

I'm probably going to go back to Juggs or Velks for AAs when I'm not doing shard stuff.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I'm just thinking about pre endgame Luclin zones that have anything of interest for a leveling character. Gonna give an alt a shot trying to do a full Luclin path.

Very familiar with Velks, Chardok and GE from time spent on a few TLPs. Velks is just stupid with an enchanter. No other pre PoP charm pet come close to the velium hunter. Their recent charm damage nerf didn't even affect it and it still has the same max hit. I expect they'll take another crack at nerfing charm sooner or later

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

so this is whats dropping in FG instead of shards. dunno if it actually works for the quest but lol

update: it does not work rip

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 20, 2021

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

dev response in discord is that it was a mistake because the person who worked on it was not familiar with the quest, and the new shards are worthless, and fix will not need a patch but will probably take at least a day

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

oh poo poo waddup

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
lol Krono comfortably over the 50k mark today on Mischief. Snagged a Yelinak’s Talisman for 7.5k in the bazaar. Server still rules.

Whipped up a Shadow Knight last night and spent a few hours in Unrest getting him to 20 with my Druid tossing Thorns/Regen. Fortunately my level 20 SK no longer has to suffer with a garbage haste item like Cloak of Flames and can upgrade to Yelis. I wouldn’t want to handle the rigors of level 20 content with a meager 36% haste item.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

lol Krono comfortably over the 50k mark today on Mischief. Snagged a Yelinak’s Talisman for 7.5k in the bazaar. Server still rules.

Whipped up a Shadow Knight last night and spent a few hours in Unrest getting him to 20 with my Druid tossing Thorns/Regen. Fortunately my level 20 SK no longer has to suffer with a garbage haste item like Cloak of Flames and can upgrade to Yelis. I wouldn’t want to handle the rigors of level 20 content with a meager 36% haste item.

The joke being you are capped at 10% worn haste till 26.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Kalas posted:

The joke being you are capped at 10% worn haste till 26.

Yeah I considered making that part of the joke explicit. Welp!

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Mischief economy seems pretty dumpstered now lol, krono going up by like 20k per hour.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Anyone in the know that can describe what the hell is going on with krono on Mischief? Is it another plat dupe?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bahanahab posted:

Anyone in the know that can describe what the hell is going on with krono on Mischief? Is it another plat dupe?

They're down to about 85k from 120k earlier in the day so it was at least partially a speculative bubble. Still that's twice as much as they were going for a week ago so we'll see what happens. Maybe someone will buy up everything below 100k overnight and it'll happen again.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Krono price on Aradune has been fucky also, but I haven't really watched that closely because it's already so far past the point where typical play might earn you a krono every so often. If I want to make krono it's GDKPs or wait for the next new server.

I can't be bothered with either so I just hope my krono stash lasts longer than my guild. Looking at the prospects of the level 70 expansions I feel confident it will.

I have mixed feelings on Omens. It adds a mess of tedium to shaman buffing by giving us 3 additional useful raid buffs, but also removes Avatar rotations. I'll have to see how it feels, it looks like it could get really annoying in DoN with Panther being added. The class is strong as gently caress but I understand why there's barely any mains at this point.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Not really sure what to make of the current state of Mischief. I don’t think I want to be there anymore, but I’m not entirely sure about transitioning to live.

Upside is I’ve managed to snag all the toys I wanted from Kunark and Velious. So there’s nothing I really need to be buying outside of Luclin raid drops.

Downside is everyone in the Bazaar has adjusted to a world where Krono are 100k+ despite them being around 80k yesterday. So anything Luclin raid dropped that isn’t total trash is listing for 500k+. Everyone is estimating way high on their listing prices for fear there is a plat dupe.

Gonna take some time for all this to shake out if the economy ever recovers. What a mess.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Solarin posted:

Krono price on Aradune has been fucky also, but I haven't really watched that closely because it's already so far past the point where typical play might earn you a krono every so often. If I want to make krono it's GDKPs or wait for the next new server.

I can't be bothered with either

The gdkp time runs are getting a lot smoother now that it’s a lot of people taking their mains/2nd mains and the alts in attendance are fairly time geared/muramite suited at this point. Prices are dropping so splits are gonna start dropping too but for the moment at least attending one raid will yield about one krono. One of the quicker and more painless ways I’ve been able to earn a krono that didn’t involve flipping or selling something. I get not wanting to do more time runs after half a year of it tho, but it’s also a little bit of a change up to raid with characters on the server I don’t usually intersect with.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

BGrifter posted:

Not really sure what to make of the current state of Mischief. I don’t think I want to be there anymore, but I’m not entirely sure about transitioning to live.

Upside is I’ve managed to snag all the toys I wanted from Kunark and Velious. So there’s nothing I really need to be buying outside of Luclin raid drops.

Downside is everyone in the Bazaar has adjusted to a world where Krono are 100k+ despite them being around 80k yesterday. So anything Luclin raid dropped that isn’t total trash is listing for 500k+. Everyone is estimating way high on their listing prices for fear there is a plat dupe.

Gonna take some time for all this to shake out if the economy ever recovers. What a mess.

if you want to try transitioning to live, it'll be awhile before you need to buy an expansion because the grind is just straight hosed. here are my pro tips for live incase you or anyone else sustains a head injury beefy enough to make it seem like a good idea:

-Firiona Vie (free trade) has the highest pop and is free trade + bonus xp but you have to learn languages eventually and the economy is a little wobbly, a good alternative is Bristlebane (regular) which has a decent population and a few decent non-raid guilds to get your footing
-follow the two rules of live: play a pet class, don't not play a pet class
-find someone who boxes a partial group and latch onto their fleshy underbelly, sustaining your xp bar in exchange for good dps / pulling / tanking / conversation

edit: i'm not just bitching about live, I play exclusively on live and have fun with it but I don't want to misrepresent the jank

blatman fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 31, 2021

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BGrifter posted:

VT is a loot hose even on normal servers so downward pressure on prices will happen as it gets farmed harder and harder. Just need more sellers to enter the market. Clickies will be the main thing that resists that pressure because the demand will be huge for a long time.

I would love to know the details around the dupe rumor. I just know rumors usually start for a reason, and most of the servers I've played on had huge exploits being abused with incomplete follow up by Daybreak. My favorite was Coirnav where GMs were giving players 100,000 plat (part of some Live server character restore process) during the early weeks of the server

Yiggy posted:

The gdkp time runs are getting a lot smoother now that it’s a lot of people taking their mains/2nd mains and the alts in attendance are fairly time geared/muramite suited at this point. Prices are dropping so splits are gonna start dropping too but for the moment at least attending one raid will yield about one krono. One of the quicker and more painless ways I’ve been able to earn a krono that didn’t involve flipping or selling something. I get not wanting to do more time runs after half a year of it tho, but it’s also a little bit of a change up to raid with characters on the server I don’t usually intersect with.

My guild does a weekly time alt gearing run so that's been my barrier to joining GDKP. I still kind of like Time, especially with how much stacking healer wards trivialize the raid damage. We just saw our second Serpent of Vindication last run, after nearly 7 months of running it. Those dry spells just suck, they really should make bonus raid drops a standard TLP thing because bad luck can really drag down the fun.

I'm sad that they haven't just made moloing with OP mercs to the current expansion a thing. Their power falling off a cliff many dozens of levels before relevant content makes no drat sense. Hell let players summon two mercs each and pop them in raid zones. I think FFXI has an AI party member system that lets you have several.

Solarin fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 1, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Solarin posted:

I'm sad that they haven't just made moloing with OP mercs to the current expansion a thing. Their power falling off a cliff many dozens of levels before relevant content makes no drat sense. Hell let players summon two mercs each and pop them in raid zones. I think FFXI has an AI party member system that lets you have several.

2 mercs at once would solve a ton of problems honestly, bring on the FFXI trusts imo

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

BGrifter posted:

I play on live. I box 6 but use mq2 to automate the background chars while I play my main. I wouldn't play live without mq2.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

One in the Bum posted:

I play on live. I box 6 but use mq2 to automate the background chars while I play my main. I wouldn't play live without mq2.

Yeah I dunno if I want to get that deep into boxing. When I do eventually retire to a live server it’ll be to heroic boost a character to go stomp old raids for nostalgia. I figure I’ll wander around for a bit and see if get intrigued by any of the post-GoD content I missed.

Solarin posted:

I would love to know the details around the dupe rumor.

It’s all message board posts and claims in chat channels so far so nothing concrete. The most consistent narrative I hear involves some sort of platinum dupe back in Classic that is continuing to haunt the server, but details of that dupe are sparse.

Some posts suggest the recent spike was due to transfers of duped plat from Thornblade. Others say it’s the Bazaar making it easier to convert all that duped plat into krono. Apparently all the krono on Thornblade, Aradune and Rizlona were getting bought out in similar ways? (I have zero knowledge of those server economies, this is just poo poo posted on message boards so huge grain of salt)

My favorite insane conspiracy theory that I’m 99% sure is untrue but I really wish was, is that the devs are generating plat and buying up all the krono to reduce the number in circulation. :v:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I think krono price goes up because of platinum inflation and that’s just server life cycle. Mischief is accelerated because there is more churn and more gdkp raids from the jump. I feel like those do a lot to consolidate plat. Outside of that platinum just pours into the server economies at all times. Some from normal avenues (if you’re grinding the vendor loot is a steady drop of platinum created in game, or tradeskilling if you farm your own mats), some from less normal avenues (box armies posting up in sirens grotto and accelerating what is the normal process of plat entering the economy). All it takes is one of those plat farmers to start spending at gdkp raids for that plat to disseminate to the sort of individuals who will buy a krono here and there and sock them away for later, which helps the krono price ratchet up. The plat sinks they build in the game are never enough to keep up with the sources.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Yiggy posted:

I think krono price goes up because of platinum inflation and that’s just server life cycle. Mischief is accelerated because there is more churn and more gdkp raids from the jump.

It’s possible. But what about the individual buying hundreds of krono at a time causing prices to spike from 30k at the end of Velious to around 85-90k now over the course of about four days? I sold a couple once they were above 100k (they were still getting bought out at 110k per) and you could watch the guy go through and buy every krono on the Bazaar one by one starting with the cheapest.

I guess it’s possible they were people sitting on tens of millions of plat they carried all through Velious and now must immediately cash out even if it means tripling the price of krono rather than slowly converting the plat to krono over time. Or maybe that a single week of Luclin raids generated three times more raw plat than all the krono farmers in Classic, Kunark and Velious combined.

Seems a lot more plausible DPG screwed up and there was an exploitable bug for a couple days.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yea, basically the amount of platinum in players hands is constantly increasing over time, which naturally pushes the price of krono slowly over time. its just that on these servers there's even less of a reason to dump money into plat sinks when the raid loots are flooding the markets as every guild is pulling in 100+ pieces of loot per night and more and more of it is going to the bazaar because nobody needs it all. Even high end horses, one of the big money sinks in Luclin, aren't necessary to buy because of the mechanic where once you click on a very fast horse, ALL your mounts can go that speed... and the raid drop mounts are tradable. so the second one drops, nobody else in the guild needs to buy anything but the cheapest mount

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

I just don’t think a dupe is necessary to create that sort of super buyer. There are people right now that post up their group box crews on auto clicks in sirens grotto and that slow steady stream of vendor gem loot adds up when it accrues 24/7. DBG periodically sweeps them out but they come back. And that’s just one example. But sure, a dupe would be a tidy, neat answer.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Yiggy posted:

I just don’t think a dupe is necessary to create that sort of super buyer. There are people right now that post up their group box crews on auto clicks in sirens grotto and that slow steady stream of vendor gem loot adds up when it accrues 24/7. DBG periodically sweeps them out but they come back. And that’s just one example. But sure, a dupe would be a tidy, neat answer.

It’s more what created a super buyer so intent on shooting themselves in the foot? They could have bought a couple dozen krono a day at 40k per and let the price rise slowly over time. Why the sudden urgency to cash out over a hundred million platinum in four days even if it meant tripling the price of krono?

Whatever happened the buying has quieted down in the last few days. Could be someone got banned. Might be all the attention on the forums/ingame chat made them stop for a bit. Makes the insane run of buying up hundreds of krono up to and including ones at 110k each seem even weirder.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BGrifter posted:

It’s more what created a super buyer so intent on shooting themselves in the foot? They could have bought a couple dozen krono a day at 40k per and let the price rise slowly over time. Why the sudden urgency to cash out over a hundred million platinum in four days even if it meant tripling the price of krono?
lmao, the perfectly rational plat baron economic system.

My dude, they had millions plat and wanted to get it converted into cheap kronos before someone else with millions of plat bought all the cheap kronos. Besides, now those 40k kronos they bought are now worth 120k, if they're playing the market instead of cashing out.

This is some lovecraftian insanity. BGrifter caught a glimpse of an elder plat god and has become unhinged merely trying to understand the actions of something operating at such an unimaginable scale.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Surprised by the number of people who think the simplest answer doesn't involve exploits. This game is hacked and exploited to poo poo openly. People warp and speed hack with no fear. Daybreak has shown they can't or won't enforce their own rules.

Obviously the mobility of plat is way higher on free trade servers with whales tier spending happening constantly. And demand is high with lots of MQ2 raid botters who are on the server to sell krono for cash.

All that is true and I still believe people exploited and didn't have it all removed because it's the simplest explanation in a daybreak game.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

pinning it on dupes / exploits with literally nothing to support it is just lazy and uninteresting like whats the point of even discussing it. make a real rumor with some effort for fucks sake

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The entirety of my reason is from the Aradune GoD launch when they pushed a new patch and had an emergency downtime that night. The same person that told me early on about the out of era AA exploit on Aradune said people found a dupe exploit. This means gently caress all to you of course and that's okay, I'm not trying to prove a thing. I have no ability to provide you satisfactory evidence of what other players did 2 months ago in the MMO I raid log in.

I don't engage with the game economy in any way at this point and don't care to look deeper at any of this. If you ask me if I think an exploit is related to krono prices exploding on recent TLPs my answer is 'probably'.

The other factors people posted about are obviously contributing to it on Mischief. It's not like there is a baseline for how a free trade TLP krono economy works. I am curious about the price of Krono like on Mangler during GoD. I remember it being at 60k on Aradune pre launch and is now 120k a week before Omens. How does that track with Mangler?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
On Mischief for Luclin are the keys for emp and VT tradable ?

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

Baconroll posted:

On Mischief for Luclin are the keys for emp and VT tradable ?

Emp key is tradable. All the pieces of the VT key are tradable but once you do the combine to make the final scepter it is no trade.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

they also made the lucid shards drop like candy for at least the first month of the expansion so its ridiculously easy to get for tlp's for the future it looks like. hopefully they do something similar for VP in kunark, it was easier this time around but will still be a pain for future servers

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I dunno if I want to get that deep into boxing. When I do eventually retire to a live server it’ll be to heroic boost a character to go stomp old raids for nostalgia. I figure I’ll wander around for a bit and see if get intrigued by any of the post-GoD content I missed.

Just a heads up: you can create unlimited free heroic boost characters on Miragul until it gets merged with live sometime in the near future.

I have no idea what the cost of heroic characters on Live is but I assume it isn't free. If you think you might use them eventually I would go make a bunch on there before the merge.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Solarin posted:

Just a heads up: you can create unlimited free heroic boost characters on Miragul until it gets merged with live sometime in the near future.

I have no idea what the cost of heroic characters on Live is but I assume it isn't free. If you think you might use them eventually I would go make a bunch on there before the merge.

ooh, free is a very good price. I will make a bunch up when they sort out all this login server stuff. Thanks a bunch for the tip!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Solarin posted:

any word on how soon miragul is getting merged?

edit: i'm now filling my miragul character slots with random heroics just in case

blatman fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 5, 2021

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

It's planned for the Jan 2022 patch. I don't think a destination has been announced. Maybe Povar or wherever they sent Selo?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

blatman posted:

any word on how soon miragul is getting merged?

edit: i'm now filling my miragul character slots with random heroics just in case

Yeah I just loaded up all my slots with eleven different classes to play around with. This is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I just loaded up all my slots with eleven different classes to play around with. This is perfect.

After the transfer you'll notice you didn't pay attention and created 11 clerics :)