Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm kind of late to this but apparently some man has become obsessed with garfield and is now having a public meltdown about the intersection of his suppressed sexuality and his faith? Also he appears to be a narcissist. Sorry, this is a lot to process.

Also he's selling Garfield themed lasagnas after the Garfield themed pizza restaurant he opened failed in two different locations and tried to get back at Garfield license holders when they tried to push him out of his license by making Scooby Doo hotdogs.

Lol. This really happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Also all of this is bankrolled by his dad, who is oil money adjacent.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm kind of late to this but apparently some man has become obsessed with garfield and is now having a public meltdown about the intersection of his suppressed sexuality and his faith? Also he appears to be a narcissist. Sorry, this is a lot to process.

The future is a BIG COW LASAGNA entergaging with a human face, forever

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nathen has finally become what he always wanted, a living version of Garfield who doesn't have sex.

I guess dreams do come true, assuming you're hosed in the head and have limitless amounts of money!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

So... He's going full on celibate furry?

How long until he joins a furcon?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Nathen has finally become what he always wanted, a living version of Garfield who doesn't have sex.

We all have.

We all have.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

$14,000? What happened to all that dad's oil money Nathen :ohdear:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If he spent more on it or debuted it riding in his custom Garf-Mobile down the Vegas strip while firing the lasagnas out of cannons mounted in it which is what he truly EARNED, here, he couldn't have avoided having sex. He needs to keep it low-key so 14k plush garf suit is fine...for now.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Sex sells... but who's buying?

Honestly I can't believe how this thing keeps getting more and more stupid.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Garfield is apparently a big fan of lynchings/murder. I would not have guessed.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Escape From Noise posted:

Also he's selling Garfield themed lasagnas after the Garfield themed pizza restaurant he opened failed in two different locations and tried to get back at Garfield license holders when they tried to push him out of his license by making Scooby Doo hotdogs.

Lol. This really happened.

Don’t forget that he’s insanely wealthy and also posts in-character as Garfield sometimes

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

On one hand the $14,000 Garfield costume truly is the perfect suit of celibacy armor, sex unable to get in or out, but on the other hand it would seem to be impossible to eat Big Cow Lasagna once sealed inside. Kind of a twisted fate if you think about it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Amorphous Abode posted:

On one hand the $14,000 Garfield costume truly is the perfect suit of celibacy armor, sex unable to get in or out, but on the other hand it would seem to be impossible to eat Big Cow Lasagna once sealed inside. Kind of a twisted fate if you think about it.

My friend you haven't begun to think about the possibilities of what can be sealed inside that Garfsuit with you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Arbuckles
Smaller Garf plushies
Lasagnas
Long Dead Odie
Your own voice taunting you eternally

It could be anything trapped in there in downy warmth. Forever.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Sayeth the garfsuit:

Love me

Feed me

NEVER LEAVE ME

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

...sometimes, all you can do is gaze into the abyss and find yourself reflexively saying "Holy loving poo poo!"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad he's finally decided to admit he's a furry. Makes the short lived rebound fling with Scooby make a lot more sense.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Amorphous Abode posted:

On one hand the $14,000 Garfield costume truly is the perfect suit of celibacy armor, sex unable to get in or out...

A lot of these fursuits have trapdoors for easy access in the rear end/crotch area.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So... He's going full on celibate furry?

How long until he joins a furcon?

I hope he does go to one, to meet some like (deranged) minds.

If word of his convention hotel room activities there got out, Nathen might argue that a handjob doesn't count as sex, or that it was Garfield having the sex, not him.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its really important for this thread to know that this plush, irl, is digustingly dirty and faded

when garfieldeats was closing and everything looked up for grabs to the curious passer-by, NOBODY took this thing

edit: wait maybe this is a costume and not just a stuffed animal. the stuffed animal is gross. the costume will soon be gross im sure.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have to point out that celibacy-themed version of the GarfieldEATS catchphrase is the first organically witty thing I have seen Nathen say

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Garf bless you

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The Instagram post goes into a lot more um... detail.

Edit: I wonder who owns the ugly and cheap quality Garfield mascot costume.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
finding out that he's celibate garfield is such a twist

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Every time I don't think he can top the last twist he somehow does.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Sherbert Hoover posted:

especially since theres no way this can be true

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

What's wrong with a little celebate, just friends humping?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He just called us munchkins

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Every time I don't think he can top the last twist he somehow does.

Honestly at the rate he's going he's gonna get massive amounts of plastic surgery to BE Garfield

No more suit. No more.playing around. The Garf is real

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly at the rate he's going he's gonna get massive amounts of plastic surgery to BE Garfield

No more suit. No more.playing around. The Garf is real

Okay, but how is he going to tie it in with Qanon?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
something that is "worth $14k" is not the same as it costing $14k

Amorphous Abode posted:

the perfect suit of celibacy armor, sex unable to get in or out

lol

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is not how most people use language though.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Futanari Damacy posted:

lol

:cumpolice:Owner of the ugly and cheap quality Garfield mascot costume spotted!:cumpolice:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I have no trouble believing that Nathen’s rich dad paid $14,000 for that suit

whether it was worth that price is entirely a different question

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 31, 2021

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

It's a minor thing, but I just want to point out "#Holloween"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Akratic Method posted:

It's so clever that I can't believe it's on purpose, I'm sure it's just a typo. Araboliosis is riddled with them.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Music to my ears

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

I have been here from the beginning somehow and it's a wild ride. Still can barely believe all the wild stuff that's come out of it. I thought this thread was going to get closed and goldmined over a year ago. I also cannot believe it's been over two years.

I think if anything, this is a case example that one should never underestimate just how bonkers rich brats playing business mogul games with daddy's money can be.

GolfHole posted:

especially since theres no way this can be true

Garfield fucks.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 31, 2021

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Akratic Method posted:

Hollow Mind. Hollow Suit.
Celibate. Hollow Ween.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This pivot to celibacy is hilarious because Nathan hit me up on Grindr multiple times this summer. His profile photo is obviously not him and it's written like a bot but it was actually him in other photos he sent. He really wanted a sugar baby. I honestly considered going on a date for the thread story but I didn't know he was out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
with a face like his i cant believe he kept getting turned down

also you've failed us all. shame on you