Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Does Brazil's gundam have a big booty?

cuz if it doesn't then it should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Aurora posted:

rune factory is taking over my life

:sickos:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
i'm gonna marry the succubus girl in RF5

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Lemon-Lime posted:

There wasn't much to tip-toe around in 1994.

Whoops haha.

A long time ago I saw this comic somewhere.

At the time I really didn't understand the scene. It was a bit confusing. I saved it because it looked interesting. But now much later I wonder what it's based on. I'm very certain its a fragment of a fan comic based on a manga or maybe an anime.

It looks like the English translation is a later addition.

Does it look familiar to anyone?

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 31, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

visited friends for halloween party and we did karaoke but it was a japan switch app so it was difficult to find english songs. i did sing Ask DNA though lol

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

God I hope not. That doesn't look one tenth as cool as the premise the comic sets up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean that comic is ship fan art so yeah it's gonna be a bit more intense but Kemono Friends is good.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

God I hope not. That doesn't look one tenth as cool as the premise the comic sets up.

lol, welcome to every single fandom.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean that comic is ship fan art so yeah it's gonna be a bit more intense but Kemono Friends is good.

Alright I'll try it haha.

lunar detritus posted:

lol, welcome to every single fandom.

Okay you got me. The comic just gives an impression of a bit more tragic world. Dangerous even. It looked very interesting.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 31, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The 7th Guest posted:

visited friends for halloween party and we did karaoke but it was a japan switch app so it was difficult to find english songs. i did sing Ask DNA though lol

I mean you can always sing Snake Eater too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n1sIW_Twn4

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean you can always sing Snake Eater too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n1sIW_Twn4
didn't think to do that. but the app did have come on eileen

and being a room full of weebs, cruel angel's thesis was also performed by the whole room

the weird thing about the app was it just plays nintendo game footage behind the lyrics. so a friend is singing lost in the supermarket while rabbids are jumping around making wacky faces

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DoubleDonut posted:

Congrats on your new relationshop

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

DoubleDonut posted:

Who won't

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it really a ship fanart? The impression I got was that the lion girl might (and may have already) literally killed other animal types in the series. And that she's about to kill the black haired girl but the black haired girls complete indifference to life or death makes her hesitate for a moment. Which was an interesting set up for me at least.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Is it really a ship fanart? The impression I got was that the lion girl might (and may have already) literally killed other animal types in the series. And that she's about to kill the black haired girl but the black haired girls complete indifference to life or death makes her hesitate for a moment. Which was an interesting set up for me at least.

This is straight up "enemies to lovers" dialogue

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
fanfiction frequently puts characters they ship in extreme situations in order to provide a scenario where strong emotions can be shown

e: I mean so does regular fiction of course

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Feliday Melody posted:

Okay you got me. The comic just gives an impression of a bit more tragic world. Dangerous even. It looked very interesting.

You might want to check out Beastars

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well like many things it has basis in the series. Lion and Moose have a competitive rivalry thing and there's a battle game episode about it. killing each other, even within animal expectations, is not really the Kemono Friends style though. that definitely does fit Beastars description though, despite the manga going off the rails as it ended.

there is more to it than just cute character designs and rough cg animation, hence it being such a phenomenon when it aired, but with the craze kind of passing i don't think seeing it is as big a deal.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

didn't think to do that. but the app did have come on eileen

and being a room full of weebs, cruel angel's thesis was also performed by the whole room

the weird thing about the app was it just plays nintendo game footage behind the lyrics. so a friend is singing lost in the supermarket while rabbids are jumping around making wacky faces

You can switch to your typical stock footage karaoke video or a visualizer.

There's random stuff like a transforming house fighting aliens in space.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
many lesbians have killed other animal types

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Feliday Melody posted:

These are all amazing. I appreciate Hong Kong getting their own Gundam.

Of course our gundam is a lumberjack. Just give it a toque and have it use maple syrup/ice attacks and fight over Niagara Falls for maximum :canada:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Of course our gundam is a lumberjack. Just give it a toque and have it use maple syrup/ice attacks and fight over Niagara Falls for maximum :canada:

I'm not sure if this or IBO destroying Edmonton is the better Canadian representation in Gundam

Super Robot Wars The Inspector destroying Winnipeg was super funny as well!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

lunar detritus posted:

This is straight up "enemies to lovers" dialogue

I'm sorry but I am extremely poorly read on any of this stuff. I just really like several many anime shows. I like the clear emotions. The character interactions etc. I get bored to death with most anime fights though.

Meanwhile someone kindly help me find the name of an anime movie I once watched as a young teen. My mom rented it but I never got the name.

I think a boy and his uncle were hunting for scrap and they found this robot girl. I think she was hunted by the government and the boy helps her escape through the movie. The city is all run down almost blade runner style.

The mayor was some esteemed war veteran I think. The red baron or such.

The ending was really tragic. It made me really upset at the time but I loved the movie.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

I mean, the Lumber Gundam *does* fight against the Burning Gundam after coming out from under a waterfall that is presumably Niagara.

It's not fair that the USA Gundam is allowed to be a football player and a cowboy but the Lumber Gundam isn't allowed to have a beam hockey stick as a secondary weapon.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm not sure if this or IBO destroying Edmonton is the better Canadian representation in Gundam

Super Robot Wars The Inspector destroying Winnipeg was super funny as well!

The fact that Scotia Bank survived into the IBO timeline amuses me.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think the Macross blew up Toronto at some point

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Outside of blowing poo poo up in Canada the nice people who made Your Name also did a tourism ad that one time. No Ottawa though, but I can't blame them we're kind of a crap city for tourists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a822uufNGlw

There's also that manga My Brother's Husband where the widower travels from Canada to Japan to learn more about his husband's past.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 31, 2021

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm sorry but I am extremely poorly read on any of this stuff. I just really like several many anime shows. I like the clear emotions. The character interactions etc. I get bored to death with most anime fights though.

Meanwhile someone kindly help me find the name of an anime movie I once watched as a young teen. My mom rented it but I never got the name.

I think a boy and his uncle were hunting for scrap and they found this robot girl. I think she was hunted by the government and the boy helps her escape through the movie. The city is all run down almost blade runner style.

The mayor was some esteemed war veteran I think. The red baron or such.

The ending was really tragic. It made me really upset at the time but I loved the movie.

Tezuka's Metropolis

The great ending sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8mSM35QE5M

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 31, 2021

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Outside of blowing poo poo up in Canada the nice people who made Your Name also did a tourism ad that one time. No Ottawa though, but I can't blame them we're kind of a crap city for tourists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a822uufNGlw

There's also that manga My Brother's Husband where the widower travels from Canada to Japan to learn more about his husband's past.

One of the main characters in SK8 is a former snowboarder from Canada and they make him say "eh" a few times and order poutine.

Its also just a ridiculously fun show you should watch.

e: Its also very well animated
https://i.imgur.com/gV038Vh.mp4

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 31, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Lurking Haro posted:

Tezuka's Metropolis

The great ending sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8mSM35QE5M

Just amazing and so heartbreaking.

I wasn't ready for tragic endings at the time. I so wanted her to have a good and full life.

I hope that movie won all the awards.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 31, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

It only says lumber, not lumberjack.

what if they meant...

lumbersexual

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

You know this is a fantastic thread.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

It's not fair that the USA Gundam is allowed to be a football player and a cowboy

A surfing football player cowboy

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeUfm7XRV4k

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lets hang out posted:

I think the Macross blew up Toronto at some point
it was torontos fault for being mean to them

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

A surfing football player cowboy

A surfing football player cowboy boxer

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

That happens even if you marry someone else

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

A surfing football player cowboy boxer

A polyamorous surfing football player cowboy boxer

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

Its also just a ridiculously fun show you should watch.
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

currently weighing between fitness girl and soldier girl