Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Joja Mart could have been defeated by the residents of pelican town gathering for any period of time at once with the hours loss of customers being so catastrophic the manager is forced to investigate then engage in a fire sale and Pierre still couldn’t do it so no I don’t think he would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Pierre would never be able to tolerate being in Morris' position. At best he could've gotten an MBA and been Morris' semi-absent lovely "friendly" boss.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Can you place crops/objects around a fruit tree once it is fully grown and still get fruit when in season?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Once it’s fully grown yes

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

mactheknife posted:

I really need to start playing this game sober - it's not that I necessarily make mistakes, but rather more than I play all night and then come back the next night and have zero recollection of what I've done and waste half an in-game day figuring it out.

My favorite thing to do is scratch out a half dozen todo notes on my way out of a session. It takes way too long to abstract out my goals and the tab just stays open for months and I never get back to it, but it's nice to have there.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

Pththya-lyi posted:

Most disabled people have horror stories about well-meaning people trying to help them, the problems the well-meaning people caused, and how invalidated the disabled people felt. Eric the Mauve is right about this: if you see a disabled person struggling, always ask them if they need help before jumping in. Never touch them, their equipment, or their service animals without permission unless it's an emergency.

One touch I would have liked to see about the Penny / George interaction, is why the mailbox is so inaccessible to George in the first place. Perhaps a community upgrade you get from Robin that not only fixes the mailbox issue, but makes the town easier to navigate for those using mobility assisting devices. It seems like the guy is stuck relying on Evelyn to get him around anywhere outside.

... Or the option to implant George's body into a 50 foot, twin diesel-powered exosuit - complete with giant chainsaw and gattling cannon upgrades, for him to care for your chicken coop.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Community upgrade: George gets a stick, 800,000 gold

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i get the chainsaw but why would a chicken coop guardian, even a 50 ft one, need gatling guns

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ciaphas posted:

i get the chainsaw but why would a chicken coop guardian, even a 50 ft one, need gatling guns

Look man, have you SEEN the size of the owls in this game?

Alternatively, for shooting witches.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Guigui posted:

One touch I would have liked to see about the Penny / George interaction, is why the mailbox is so inaccessible to George in the first place. Perhaps a community upgrade you get from Robin that not only fixes the mailbox issue, but makes the town easier to navigate for those using mobility assisting devices. It seems like the guy is stuck relying on Evelyn to get him around anywhere outside.

... Or the option to implant George's body into a 50 foot, twin diesel-powered exosuit - complete with giant chainsaw and gattling cannon upgrades, for him to care for your chicken coop.

Maybe make it so you can access the Flower Festival through some other means than a bunch of wooden planks laid over the gap separating the festival grounds from the forest. Someone's gonna slip and fall one day!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I restarted the console for an update and it somehow teleported Bitey from his pen into the blobfish pond, where he is now trapped. Attempts to knock him out with a scythe did not succeed, and if I get close he just harmlessly jumps up and down on the edge.

I choose to believe Bitey has entered a romance with my singular blobfish in there and support their interspecies roundness union.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
If we're making civic improvements let me get down to the shoreline and clean up the trash.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

tinned owl posted:

If we're making civic improvements let me SHANE get down to the shoreline and clean up the trash.

he did it, he can climb down there and clean it up

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

tinned owl posted:

If we're making civic improvements let me get down to the shoreline and clean up the trash.

If you're talking about the sewer entrance south of Marnie's and Leah's houses there is a quest that will clean it up. Not sure if it also cleans up south of the cat house.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Donkringel posted:

Can you place crops/objects around a fruit tree once it is fully grown and still get fruit when in season?

Does having crops there stop it from improving quality? Fruit trees are supposed to improve star quality by 1 step every year. I always make fruit trees into jam so I've never paid much attention to the mechanic.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Quality still improves. Once the tree is producing fruit, it doesn't matter what's touching it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

coolusername posted:

I restarted the console for an update and it somehow teleported Bitey from his pen into the blobfish pond, where he is now trapped. Attempts to knock him out with a scythe did not succeed, and if I get close he just harmlessly jumps up and down on the edge.

I choose to believe Bitey has entered a romance with my singular blobfish in there and support their interspecies roundness union.

Ah, the lightning rod fence technique. I see you are a person of culture

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

coolusername posted:

I love Bitey.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
Bitey for mayor

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone have experience with Stardew Valley Expanded? We have 2 experienced players and 2 new-ish players looking to do a multiplayer playthrough that's new and fun for everyone.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 1, 2021

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

I have done nothing in my life to deserve this.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
What am I even looking at there? I know where that screenshot was taken, but not how it differs from the usual state of things there.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Too many buttons!!!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zesty posted:

Anyone have experience with Stardew Valley Expanded? We have 2 experienced players and 2 new-ish players looking to do a multiplayer playthrough that's new and fun for everyone.

I've been doing a playthrough with it. It's not terrible.

I'm usually super wary of fan-made content but I haven't run into anything that's made me roll my eyes too hard yet. I like most of the added characters (with the exception of one who just feels like she's specifically written to be someone's self-insert waifu) and a lot of the new maps are pretty neat. A lot of new/expanded content is pretty rooted in the 'lore' that SDV already has, so it doesn't feel too out of place. There's a lot of mid to late-game content that expands heavily on the Wizard and the Adventurer's guild, both of which are expanded quite a bit and made into more important characters overall. Joja playthroughs also have a bunch of new content late game as well.

It also makes a few fan theories canon, like Abigail being the Wizard's daughter which I find fairly innocuous but I understand if other people think it's cringy as gently caress.

It's worth a try if you've played vanilla Stardew to death and want something new.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What’s the earliest food that’ll boost my move speed?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That thing you spoilered is canon, CA practically drew a map with the ingame text and the "nuh-uh it's actually Emily!!" crowd are just hardwired contrarians.

My one go at SDV I abandoned early because the whole thing felt very Not Stardew to me, so obviously YMMV.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

Wildtortilla posted:

What’s the earliest food that’ll boost my move speed?

Coffee if you find a bean in the mine or traveling cart, or pepper poppers if you befriend Shane and get the ingredients.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Putting down paths can help around the farm a bit too. Crab Cakes are theoretically available early, but then involves buying cooking oil, probably flour, maybe eggs?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I think I’ll focus on befriending Shane for the pepper popper recipe. I’m on a new farm (forest) and I think I’m going to prioritize animal farming this time so I ought to have a reliable cheese source soonish.

I also think I’m going to make this a Joja game. I have to imagine doing so will give me more freedom to do as I please with my farm since I won’t be chasing down items for the community center?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
George asked for a hot pepper for his knee, I brought it to him immediately, and he still complained about how long it took me. gently caress him.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

Wildtortilla posted:

I think I’ll focus on befriending Shane for the pepper popper recipe. I’m on a new farm (forest) and I think I’m going to prioritize animal farming this time so I ought to have a reliable cheese source soonish.

I also think I’m going to make this a Joja game. I have to imagine doing so will give me more freedom to do as I please with my farm since I won’t be chasing down items for the community center?

I did a jojamart run to get the achievement and honestly found it less enjoyable because yeah you've got the freedom to do what you want but it's nothing but a money grind so you prioritise just money, at one point I was running up and down the gold levels of the mine feeding furnaces around the mountain lake because it was easy money but it was so dull.
E: fun fact I made more money quicker from iron bars than gold.

Chasing down items for the community centre made me experience all the game has to offer.

tinned owl fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 1, 2021

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
re: Joja It's worth trying for the difference, but probably risky if you brain demands optimization.

OTOH, I definitely love the remix bundle. At least in theory, IIRC some of the alternate fish bundles and such can be pretty cruel.

Weirdly I wonder if Joja is better for lazy chill play, because you don't have the moments of 'Welp, I forgot to do that so no progress can be made for a year.'

If you do do community bundle, I can definitely suggest the Stardew Predictor (if you can use it.) as taking some of the edge off.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 1, 2021

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Tylana posted:

Weirdly I wonder if Joja is better for lazy chill play, because you don't have the moments of 'Welp, I forgot to do that so no progress can be made for a year.'

This is exactly why I’m giving Joja a chance.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joja is waaaaaaaaaaay better for chill play. It feels weird but it's so much easier.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

tinned owl posted:

at one point I was running up and down the gold levels of the mine feeding furnaces around the mountain lake because it was easy money but it was so dull.

Can't imagine playing this game without automate now.

And coffee is definitely the first speed food. All the rest require the kitchen upgrade. And you can just buy it from Gus if you don't have kegs yet.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I really wish it was possible for music to play all of the time (on Switch). I love every track in this game and it’s bullshit that music doesn’t play all of the time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Wildtortilla posted:

I really wish it was possible for music to play all of the time (on Switch). I love every track in this game and it’s bullshit that music doesn’t play all of the time.

Time to start strategically placing Jukeboxes all over the world.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zesty posted:

I just finished a 100% perfection run on SVE. Overall, I like the mechanical stuff it adds, a lot. Most of the rest of it annoyed the crap out of me.

To get the most out of it I would suggest not trying for 100% perfection with SVE, that way you can ignore their stupid OCs and the extra unnecessary crap it adds and just enjoy the mechanical benefits.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1455238829330219010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

This game is cute and I own it, but it's hard and caters to my minmax approach to the game, not the video games chillness other people might be craving out of it. It's a complicated co-op efficiency challenge with quite a bit of randomness.