Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Diabetes just seems like the worst loving thing. Constant maintenance with no obvious way of knowing if you are reliably meeting those maintenance needs. And if you don't hit that mystery number, you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

RIP.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
That's just awful :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There was that amazing post about how diabetes turns your blood into razors and it still scares me

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Love too live in a country where insulin costs the same as a dual land.

RIP

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Get your A1C checked folks

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Radiant Grace - W
Enchantment: Creature
Creature gets +1/0 and has vigilance
When enchanted creature dies, transforms... attached to target opponent

-------

Radiant Restrictions
Enchantment: Curse
Enchant player
Creatures enchanted player controls enter the battlefield tapped.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
I built a Hanna edh deck for nostalgia reasons when I got back into the game, and it seemed like blue for dropped as an enchantment color. With this set there are so many of these disturb blue auras, do I hold my breath for an honest to goodness Blue Enchantress?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Strong Sauce posted:

Radiant Grace - W
Enchantment: Creature
Creature gets +1/0 and has vigilance
When enchanted creature dies, transforms... attached to target opponent

-------

Radiant Restrictions
Enchantment: Curse
Enchant player
Creatures enchanted player controls enter the battlefield tapped.
this, this seems beastly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's much worse than authority of the consuls. Probably fine in limited.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm only thinking of limited/standard, not historic. there's nothing else like it in standard right now, right?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/CedricAPhillips/status/1454851511792459776

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Does that last half of the card text seem... a little unfinished? Do you get the discount forever? Until the wolf leaves play? What if you have another wolf? I mean I think I know how its suppose to play, but I am expecting more text to tell me things.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sickening posted:

Does that last half of the card text seem... a little unfinished? Do you get the discount forever? Until the wolf leaves play? What if you have another wolf? I mean I think I know how its suppose to play, but I am expecting more text to tell me things.

The discount applies as long as the wolf is in play, and still has that ability, and the card is still exiled. Seems pretty clear to me?

It doesn't anything else to clarify how long it lasts the same way Glorious Anthem doesn't need anything else to clarify how long it lasts.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sickening posted:

It's Goblin Electromancer except you gotta look at types and count sometimes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Devor posted:

It's Goblin Electromancer except you gotta look at types and count sometimes

there's a joke about green's slice of the color pie here

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dias posted:

there's a joke about green's slice of the color pie here

Is the joke all colours (and non colours) get discounts on completely arbitrary stuff all the time? Because if so, it's not a very funny joke.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Good with bounce/effemirate? If I exile it with Teleportation Circle, the ETB triggers and I if can exile another card type, or just cast a second copy of the wolf? Do they stack?

Summon two of 'em, exile two card types, all creatures cost 4 less? Seems good. Tarrasque for 5 mana! Old Gnawbone for 1GG?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Good with bounce/effemirate? If I exile it with Teleportation Circle, the ETB triggers and I if can exile another card type, or just cast a second copy of the wolf? Do they stack?

Summon two of 'em, exile two card types, all creatures cost 4 less? Seems good. Tarrasque for 5 mana! Old Gnawbone for 1GG?

flickering it won't work the way you want it to

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Meet the next $40 edh card

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Sickening posted:

Oh nice I guess this is a cycle. Green discounts spells and White's creates 1/1.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

waffles beyond waffles posted:

when you flicker it, it'll forget the first card it exiled

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I’m sorry about Yawgmouth. 37 is bullshit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cumulative discounts on possibly anything? i always saw that as more of an izzet thing but hey

yall are too aggro

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Howling Piper 3G

Creature - Human Werewolf

This spell can't be countered

1G, T: You may put a creature card from your hand to the battlefield. If it is a wolf or werewolf, Untap Howling Piper. Activate only as a sorcery.

Daybound

-----
Wild Howling Wolf (Howler?)

When this creature ETB or transforms into Wild Howler, Look at the top 6 cards of your library. You can reveal one of the creature cards and put it into your hand. Put the remaining cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Nightbound.

----

Uhhhh seems pretty crazy?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dias posted:

cumulative discounts on possibly anything? i always saw that as more of an izzet thing but hey

yall are too aggro

sorry dog no room for bad jokes in this here thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Strong Sauce posted:

Howling Piper 3G

1G, T: You may put a creature card from your hand to the battlefield. If it is a wolf or werewolf, Untap Howling Piper. Activate only as a sorcery.

Daybound

-----

When this creature ETB or transforms into Wild Howler, Look at the top 6 cards of your library. You can reveal one of the creature cards and put it into your hand. Put the remaining cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Nightbound.

----

turn 5 tarrasque let's gooooooo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

I don't know Japanese so I just copy'n'pasted from a Redditor

quote:

-----
Resistance Squad 2W

Creature - Human Solder

When ~ enters the battlefield, if you control another Human, draw a card.

3/2

-----

Lol the direct translation of 帯仗 became just the first character for Obi. I’ve never seen the term but it’s like “putting on equipment” so probably close to something like

“Arm the Cathars” 1WW

Sorcery

Until end of turn, target creature gets +3/+3, up to one other target creature gets +2/+2, and up to one other target creature gets +1/+1. They each gain vigilance until end of turn. (It’s a very specific wording, since it needs the first target. Used Blue Dragon’s template)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Strong Sauce posted:

Howling Piper 3G

Daybound

-----

Nightbound.

----

Wowzers that's interesting. Costing 2 instead of 1 isn't a huge drawback to the Piper side, and then after Pipering fatties into play you get to flip it and immediately gas back up.

On the flip side, it's a 2/2 for 4 that doesn't give you anything if they remove it, and if you've built your deck to minmax it then you're probably not doing much if they do have removal.

I'm guessing real fun but not a top-tier deck.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

mcmagic posted:

I’m sorry about Yawgmouth. 37 is bullshit.

JFC, Home boy was 37? That is some grade A VX platinum pro ruby crystal edition bullshit.

Yawg was always a cool person and I'm going to miss their posts and not just bc they were better at magic than me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Strong Sauce posted:

yeah if you're a Timmy maybe

heh, poo poo garbage 50 cent rare, wait I'm getting new information...

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Magma Pummeler
XRR
Creature — Elemental
Magma Pummeler enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
If damage would be dealt to Magma Pummeler while it has a +1/+1 counter on it, prevent that damage and remove that many +1/+1 counters from Magma Pummeler.When one or more counters are remove from Magma Pummeler this way, it deals that much damage to any target.
0/0

https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?&tid=29240404

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Magma Pummeler
XRR
Creature — Elemental
Magma Pummeler enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
If damage would be dealt to Magma Pummeler while it has a +1/+1 counter on it, prevent that damage and remove that many +1/+1 counters from Magma Pummeler.When one or more counters are remove from Magma Pummeler this way, it deals that much damage to any target.
0/0

https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?&tid=29240404

This is a weird-rear end card for an Innistrad set. Like, Craterhoof Behemoth level of "why is this on the Hammer horror world"

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
RIP Yawgmoth, Heaven's got another Good Poster.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Sega 32X posted:

This is a weird-rear end card for an Innistrad set. Like, Craterhoof Behemoth level of "why is this on the Hammer horror world"

There's openings to [at least one] hell on Innistrad where demons and devils come out of, so it kinda fits I guess?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Finally seems like a card that warrants Cleave to be a different mechanic to Kicker

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
edit I was wrong about the Hydra my bad

also magic rules and mechanics are amazing: here are a million words for "all containers in LA gain Cumulative Upkeep $100"

https://twitter.com/typesfast/status/1454866705126072321

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Reprint of Syncopate:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
thats a really good inspiration variant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003