Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that's some loving good abrade art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

gently caress yeah welcome back Abrade

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man am I ever happy to see you, abrade

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
oh hey it's the clown car answer red was looking for

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

lol. This is better than Memory Deluge half the time and printed at common.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Silhouette posted:

Meet the next $40 edh card

Naw. For a rare to be a 40$ card it has to be a staple and go in every single deck. This thing is extremely niche.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Now, Cemetery Prowler, that's the real $40 edh card, because it's cost reduction, on a body, that's also graveyard hate, and has a relevant type, but isn't limited by tribe.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ilmucche posted:

There was that amazing post about how diabetes turns your blood into razors and it still scares me

elise the great.

http://www.endofshiftreport.com/2015/07/a-colleague-of-mine-related-tale-of-pt.html?m=1

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
rip to yawgmoth.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

It seems insanely good for a common lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

this is one of those kinds of cards you swear is a reprint, but is actually new

edit: oh it's a strictly better bitter revelation lol

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 1, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Poor Fact or Fiction

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

HootTheOwl posted:

Poor Fact or Fiction

I doesn’t seem that much worse. Getting the best 2 out of 4 cards is pretty comparable to the choice between the best and a land or the 2nd best, 3rd best and land. Of course, if your opponent stinks FoF is way better.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Which is all almost irrelevant because Memory Deluge is way better in most situations

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

and in limited I'd rather have Organ Hoarder than a four mana card that doesn't affect the board

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Lone Goat posted:

when you flicker it, it'll forget the first card it exiled

Why? From the card text I don't get that and also it seems like any Cemetery Prowler (playing a second or third one) exile would count.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
oh nyooo D:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Why? From the card text I don't get that and also it seems like any Cemetery Prowler (playing a second or third one) exile would count.

It's a new object with no memory of its previous existence

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
But the card is still in exile and it was put there by Cemetery Prowler.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

When a card refers to itself in an ability, it should be interpreted as "this exact object," not "any card specifically named X."

It's why removing one borrowed time doesn't return all cards exiled by any borrowed time to play. It's also why you get your creature back from Valki, god of Lies dying even if Valki has transformed into the creature and is no longer Valki.

BioThermo fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 1, 2021

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

If a card mentions itself it means [this card], as in [this physical card, right now]. If you flicker something it "forgets" any information it had as that previous card, because it's now a "new" card.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

But the card is still in exile and it was put there by Cemetery Prowler.

No, it was put there by *A* Cemetery Prowler, not the Cemetery Prowler that is currently on the field after blinking.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Let’s take the official ruling on Godsend for example:

If Godsend leaves the battlefield, and later another Godsend enters the battlefield, it is a new object (even if the two were represented by the same card). The new Godsend won’t stop opponents from casting cards with the same name as cards exiled with the first one.

Flickering the prowler would make it a “new object” and the first card it exiled wouldn’t count for its ability anymore.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Lone Goat posted:

and in limited I'd rather have Organ Hoarder than a four mana card that doesn't affect the board

they're in different limited formats, so that's not going to come up i think

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Feels like a flavor fail that Blood costs one mana and not life. Have to imagine the original text had life payment instead and it got changed after they'd cemented the card name.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The World Inferno posted:

Feels like a flavor fail that Blood costs one mana and not life. Have to imagine the original text had life payment instead and it got changed after they'd cemented the card name.

I think it would be a bigger flavor fail to have you drinking a vial of blood make you LOSE life.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you played two Cemetery Prowlers and exiled two separate creatures, would your creatures then cost 2 less as long as they both stayed in play?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of blood here's some other ways to use it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If you played two Cemetery Prowlers and exiled two separate creatures, would your creatures then cost 2 less as long as they both stayed in play?

Yes. The same way having two Goblin Electromancers in play makes the relevant spells cost 2 less.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Thanks all for the explanation! :)

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yep, each would have two instances of "[creatures] cost 1 less."
Also if you exile an Enchantment/Artifact and a Creature with one your wolves, Enchantment/Artifact Creatures will cost 2 less, lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The World Inferno posted:

It would be SUPER powerful if it was 1 life.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Can't say back in the early days of Magic I ever thought I'd see a black card just called "Wedding Security."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

Can't say back in the early days of Magic I ever thought I'd see a black card just called "Wedding Security."

Found the alternate art version

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

TotalHell posted:

Magic is taking a cue from Hearthstone and naming cards in a way that makes zero sense outside of the context of the particular set and honestly I'm 100% here for it

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
When you print over 1,000 new cards a year you’ve got to get specific with your names

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cute

https://twitter.com/MTGGoldfish/status/1455189118300864516

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Really appreciate the art for Catlike Curiosity using the ghostly strands to make it look like a cat nose and whiskers on that person’s face.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Found the alternate art version

lol

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sampatrick posted:

Which is all almost irrelevant because Memory Deluge is way better in most situations

Memory Deluge is 2UU and puts the remaining cards at the bottom.
Scattered Thoughts only has one colored pip, doesn’t get worse with cost reducers, and dumps the remainders in the grave.

Unless you routinely get to a point where you’re flashing back Deluge for 7, Scattered Thoughts is the better card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002