Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGz1b9M9u0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

that was a ride, op.

is ohio not a state where you can Zoom a doctor and say “my symptom is anxiety about being arrested for weed.” that’s most of the midwest med states, I think.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

owns a lot

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

US and Canadian peeps: When medical cannabis became legal in your areas, did you find that there were a significant amount of people with prescriptions who suddenly became elitist assholes?

I'm asking because there's a significant amount of people in the UK legal community who look down on illegal users and especially recreational users with disdain, to the point of using prohibitionist vocabulary and arguments against those who they deem unclean.... lol

I'm also seeing new legal medicinal users come out of the woodwork, trying to connect with the subreddit community and using the words they are familiar with, i.e. 'blasted', 'wasted', 'stoned', 'wrecked' etc. to describe how they are feeling with the legal strains, and they are being loving jumped on by assholes. This grates me, because they are describing the medicinal effects as they've been describing them for years.

I also got jumped upon for my vid vaping using a 17" ice bong outside the supermarket because 'I came across like a stoner'... (lol).... SO loving WHAT!?!?!....

Is this normal? Did this happen in your state? If so, how did you cope? I'm resorting to just muting them to reduce the noise to signal ratio... but at the same time it pains me to see newbies jumped upon and spat out purely for words they feel comfortable with....

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

"eat poo poo and die" works for lots of situations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SilvergunSuperman posted:

"eat poo poo and die" works for lots of situations.

"go gently caress yourself" was the response I told a mod when he said I came across like a stoner amongst other things. So yeah, I'm doing that as well.

I guess I want to know, does it get any easier? lol

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I just my state’s MMJ Reddit to look at reviews (more detailed/helpful than the dispensary’s review section) or to get a heads up if some batch of weed is full of mold or seeds. The elitist assholes are going to happen in pretty much anything. Just mute repeat offenders if mods aren’t doing their jobs making a place welcoming.

e: Mods being lovely is an unfortunate situation.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The mods who control the UK subreddit, the wiki and the discord are mostly absent. I had to leave the official discord a few months after people started posting racist memes, and then started discussing the validity of WTC conspiracies and flat earth nonsense etc. It now mostly exists as a livejournal for a couple of users, one of whom isn't a legal user.

It also worries me that the mods of the subreddit and discord are anonymous, and the entire platform could very easily be controlled by the same fuckers that pushed through prohibition v2. I don't understand why legal users need to be anonymous like that...

I was thinking about writing them a long subreddit post highlighting the dangers of discriminatory and divisive language, but then I'm also looking at a big pile of weed in front of me, and I just think .... nah.....

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've said it before but the Michigents subreddit is loving awful sometimes. At least half the community is primarily insufferable gatekeepers who look down on rec users and blast anyone who's not buying the $65/g live rosein carts that were hand extracted by a buddhist monk or whatever poo poo they are using to market now. A solid chunk of people there are stoners and get the concept that when you're talking about, smoking or otherwise weeding, just loving chill out and relax dude, but man, that vocal group of elitist morons are just... ugh. Oh, and also the "My uncle's best friend's daughter's husband runs an extraction company and they piss in the distillate to cut it and also they use dead rat bodies to lubricate the extraction gear it's so gross" crew that pops into like, every thread about a major marijuana company

In short, gently caress Reddit, GBS weed thread fuckin rules, let's get high motherfuckers

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Denver's a lot like that too. There are like three dispensaries with a cult following and everything else is practically just moldy brickweed and clearly not worth their time.

I dunno, I've been buying weed from the not-cool dispensaries for years and it gets me high all the same. :shrug:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i blame tech workers

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I've said it before but the Michigents subreddit is loving awful sometimes. At least half the community is primarily insufferable gatekeepers who look down on rec users and blast anyone who's not buying the $65/g live rosein carts that were hand extracted by a buddhist monk or whatever poo poo they are using to market now. A solid chunk of people there are stoners and get the concept that when you're talking about, smoking or otherwise weeding, just loving chill out and relax dude, but man, that vocal group of elitist morons are just... ugh. Oh, and also the "My uncle's best friend's daughter's husband runs an extraction company and they piss in the distillate to cut it and also they use dead rat bodies to lubricate the extraction gear it's so gross" crew that pops into like, every thread about a major marijuana company

In short, gently caress Reddit, GBS weed thread fuckin rules, let's get high motherfuckers

This is just an outgrowth of what was required to get medical weed legal 20 years ago. You had to convince the squares that absolutely no cheech and chongs were going to be getting "high," that it was purely about dying cancer patients smoking somberly. Any perceived links to popular/recreational weed culture were genuinely unhelpful in those days. I think we're moving past that but I can't blame medical patients for being protective of a hard-fought victory

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Protocol7 posted:

Denver's a lot like that too. There are like three dispensaries with a cult following and everything else is practically just moldy brickweed and clearly not worth their time.

I dunno, I've been buying weed from the not-cool dispensaries for years and it gets me high all the same. :shrug:

I can tell you for drat sure not to buy anything from "The Green Source" as it's definitely mold-ridden trash (Springs/Pueblo, but they wholesale in Denver too). Nothing like walking into a grow room at 95% humidity. Their nutrient plan also doesn't change at all once the plants are in flower, they all get fed the same high nitrogen poo poo right to the very end, so it always tastes harsh leaves when you smoke it. And they'll feed those plants with 3EC water so the plants all look burnt as gently caress by the end. Plants would come out of the nursery (seriously, the loving nursery as little 1ft tall plants) pushing 2.5-3 EC out of the pots with flush water, would take 3 days to get back down to reasonable numbers.

They also use unlicensed labor for everything that isn't weed, one of the owners just vents AC refrigerant to atmosphere whenever they're loving with their units (frequently, because they use unlicensed hvac/r labor). That same owner almost died cleaning out a water tank because he's a loving idiot that just climbed into the tank to scrub the poo poo out and didn't think about oxygen. Instead of giving a good employee a raise, they fire them and hire replacements at minimum wage. Also their trim makes its' way into Incredibles bars. They also cut early and hard when inventory is running low, so you could wind up buying weed that barely had 6 weeks in the flower rooms.

Do not buy Green Source weed. I don't even buy Incredibles because of their connection to Green Source. Even Maggie's Farm and Strawberry Fields are less problematic, and they're kinda known for being clusterfuck companies to work for in the local industry.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Thanks for the replies. It's sad to hear it's a worldwide issue with weed (and reddit).

I guess I'll just keep poking the idiots with a stick from time to time rather than make any conscious effort to change their views.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Do not buy Green Source weed. I don't even buy Incredibles because of their connection to Green Source. Even Maggie's Farm and Strawberry Fields are less problematic, and they're kinda known for being clusterfuck companies to work for in the local industry.

drat, now this I did not know about.

I usually get the Coda brand edibles anyway, the Incredibles kinda seemed like one of "those brands" in a sense anyway.

Good thing is for the flower I buy and the carts I buy, it's all made with my dispensary's own flower, so hopefully my products are all insulated from these specific issues.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Protocol7 posted:

drat, now this I did not know about.

I usually get the Coda brand edibles anyway, the Incredibles kinda seemed like one of "those brands" in a sense anyway.

Good thing is for the flower I buy and the carts I buy, it's all made with my dispensary's own flower, so hopefully my products are all insulated from these specific issues.

Coda is fine, that I'm aware of, but I'm sure they have a shady supplier in their line, too.

If your weed hunting takes you to the Springs (medical only), you should stop by Grant Pharms. It's great flower, but the concentrates are fire as hell. They're pricy compared to somewhere like Golden Meds or Cannabicare (both good shops for low/mid price), but it's some of the best stuff in town. Grants is my favorite place, Best Meds (west side, 26th and Colorado on the 2nd floor) is a close second for flower, typically has good deals on third party wax/shatter.

I really like Dosd edibles, and Yeti Farms, but I know nothing of their supply side, just that they work great.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 1, 2021

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I live on the north side of the Springs actually, all the good shops seem to be closer to the OCC/downtown area. But one of these days I am gonna have to venture out to some of these good shops...

Should have made a stop when I was over in that area last weekend... ah well.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I kinda miss the Springs. I left two months ago for more affordable living down in the San Luis Valley. That affordability doesn't mean good weed prices though, so I have to leave the Valley to not pay $30/g for basic wax/shatter.

I never really ventured to weed shops on the north side of town, always kept to central/south Springs when shopping. So a little heads up on Grants, the neighborhood their main store is in is a little rough, so if you decide to check them out, you might go to the Cheyenne Mtn store first. I like the Prairie store, has a charm to it.

High Hopes South is good for cheap concentrates too. They infrequently get white crumble to sell around $9/g. Tastes like nothing but hits like a brick.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its weird in NY now. A bunch of headshops and smoke shops are now selling stickers and oh hey with the purchase of that sticker you get a free gift of weed with that. And during the summer people would set up a pop up outdoor vendor market. Set up a tent and take "donations" and hand out some free weed and edibles.

Did I say weird its actually pretty awesome. Is this how things work elsewhere where weed is now decriminalized?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember seeing stuff like that very briefly when I moved to Colorado. Most of it was on craigslist with ads like "Hat for $100, free oz of weed" or "accepting donations for flower" and it was overwhelmingly just people selling off their excess home grow.

Just wait until someone tries to sell club memberships, if you have medical only counties. There have been a few here in CO, if you want to dig around, a good one to read about is The Lazy Lion.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

fuctifino posted:

Thanks for the replies. It's sad to hear it's a worldwide issue with weed (and reddit).

i've managed to largely avoid the issue by living in parts of LA and NYC where everyone has been high consistently since the early 70's, and also by avoiding reddit

ive never lived in the UK but ive travelled a fair amount around the country and encountered far fewer obviously stoner-friendly areas than in the US but then i also just might not know what to look for

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cage posted:

Its weird in NY now. A bunch of headshops and smoke shops are now selling stickers and oh hey with the purchase of that sticker you get a free gift of weed with that. And during the summer people would set up a pop up outdoor vendor market. Set up a tent and take "donations" and hand out some free weed and edibles.

Did I say weird its actually pretty awesome. Is this how things work elsewhere where weed is now decriminalized?

Most places go through that phase, because decriminalization / legalization aren't synonymous with opening a retail store. When MA went legal, there were a lot of people selling T shirts for 5 bux with a free 8th of weed on craigslist.

California was slightly ahead of the curve, because medical dispensaries have been entrenched here for years now, but just flipping the switch overwhelmed a lot of them.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cage posted:

This is how it is in DC, and they didn't want that here in VA. So under our current law, for the next 3 years until weed stores are online, it's only legal to gift weed, but it's explicitly lllegal for any kind of exchange to take place, even an exchange of gifts. So we have things like real-life weed events where gifting is encouraged but swapping is expressly forbidden, and definitely no free bag of weed with your purchase of a $60 sticker.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think what is truly sad is that underlying some of that gatekeeper bullshit and the attempts to convince the public that marijuana is legit medicine is this horrible cultural assumption that if something is actually Good For You whether medically or ethically, it should not be enjoyable or fun in any way.

if weed were real medicine it would make your hair fall out, taste disgusting, make you nauseous, possibly kill you, and cost $50k for an eighth

Vampire Panties posted:

California was slightly ahead of the curve, because medical dispensaries have been entrenched here for years now, but just flipping the switch overwhelmed a lot of them.

unfortunately in some parts of CA legalization actually reduced the number of dispensaries. a lot of gray market dispensaries were tolerated in the medical/decriminalized phase but once everything went fully legal cities started clamping down and limiting which dispensaries can open where, strongly favoring the extremely expensive Apple store looking types that cater to tourists, and shutting down anything with a hint of head shop vibes

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 1, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Earwicker posted:

i've managed to largely avoid the issue by living in parts of LA and NYC where everyone has been high consistently since the early 70's, and also by avoiding reddit

ive never lived in the UK but ive travelled a fair amount around the country and encountered far fewer obviously stoner-friendly areas than in the US but then i also just might not know what to look for

They do exist but they probably are fewer and far between, yeah

I used to live in Bristol until a couple years ago, and the police there pretty much explicitly decided to stop making cannabis arrests. It's a city with some very bohemian/left-wing/anarchist leanings and a relatively large british caribbean population

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hearing my brothers complain about getting recreational taxes out the rear end while I swim in discounts with my medical card is a delight.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Video Nasty posted:

Hearing my brothers complain about getting recreational taxes out the rear end while I swim in discounts with my medical card is a delight.

Looking forward to this in April when it goes legal here.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just bought some Pineapple Kush live sugar today and it says "Calm" on the packaging and i'm like hell yeah I'm about to be calm as fuuuuuck

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

eddiewalker posted:

that was a ride, op.

is ohio not a state where you can Zoom a doctor and say “my symptom is anxiety about being arrested for weed.” that’s most of the midwest med states, I think.

Ohio is like that, my symptom was migraines about trying to find some weed

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Cloks posted:

Ohio is like that, my symptom was migraines about trying to find some weed

Migraines got me mine in VA. Actually works for it too so I’m not a stoner. I’m a patient. Time to medicate.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have an actual scoliosis diagnosis so I just went with back pain and that worked in Colorado (for two years straight now).

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I’ve had like 3 stiizy pods be dead on arrival. The dispensary usually exchanges them since the oil can’t be burned in the first place.

It’s sketch though, I wonder if they’re having supply issues.

Either way, flower is cheaper and always works :cool:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Got a Lemon Meringue Kush and a Lemon Bean cartridge and they have both been fantastic!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Either way, flower is cheaper and always works :cool:

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Picked up a new piece, first time in quite a while I've had a propper spoon. Took me trying three different shops before I found one selling anything resembling art, and not just mass produced crap with as much character as a phone case. First impressions, this rules. With the oversized carb it hits akin to a steam roller. When in position you're peering into just the edge of the inside out design, like peering into a distant nebula. Thumbs up

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I finally have one of these on its way to me: A dynavap debowler :)

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

fuctifino posted:

I finally have one of these on its way to me: A dynavap debowler :)

Is that the Brilliant Cut one or did someone copy it?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

Is that the Brilliant Cut one or did someone copy it?

It's from Germany and is cheaper than the original, so it's probably a complete rip-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I actually had edibles twice this weekend. I thought it would dull the pain of my sore throat, and it did. :toot: