Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOJ1cw6mohw

Seems to be carrying over all the same production values, not a whole lot to go on there, but it looks good at least.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Teek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOJ1cw6mohw

Seems to be carrying over all the same production values, not a whole lot to go on there, but it looks good at least.

Trying to rule the underworld with kindness and hugs sure is a story I didn't see coming. :geno:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Trying to rule the underworld with kindness and hugs sure is a story I didn't see coming. :geno:

Something tells me you don't want a hug from either Boba or Fennec

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ruling with respect sounds about right. Sure you can go ahead and think it’s the same as kindness and hugs until you step out of line and next thing you know you have two murdering bounty hunters clarifying their stance by bashing your skull in

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have been 100% ready for this series since 1979

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So Boba Fett is taking up the Talon Karrde slack?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

You know, we've been to Tattooine -- a lot -- and it still pleases me to see broad new unexplored vistas of it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Is the wide city shot in the trailer supposed to be Mos Eisley? Seemed too big to be that, but maybe I'm misremembering the size of it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

boba fett opens tatooine’s first olive garden: the series

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Is the wide city shot in the trailer supposed to be Mos Eisley? Seemed too big to be that, but maybe I'm misremembering the size of it.

Not unless Mos Eisley gained a lot of topography in the last 10 years. I figure it's going to be Mos Somewhere Else.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PunkBoy posted:

Nah, it’s somewhere else. Now Eisley isn’t in a big crater thing. Maybe Anchorhead?

I wonder if they’re going to adapt elements of the old Bounty Hunter War books? Boba forming his own alliances seems like it would bring him into conflict with the Guild.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That Ithorian talking at the 30 second mark has a very familiar voice, but I just can't place it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Goddamn. Temuera Morrison being the leading man of this series is incredibly awesome, but I'm here for Ming-Na Wen.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah, it’s somewhere else. Now Eisley isn’t in a big crater thing. Maybe Anchorhead?

I wonder if they’re going to adapt elements of the old Bounty Hunter War books? Boba forming his own alliances seems like it would bring him into conflict with the Guild.

Probably Bestine.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So does the little kid Fett has to take care of and raise show up in episode 1 or 2?

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 1, 2021

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That Ithorian talking at the 30 second mark has a very familiar voice, but I just can't place it.

People are saying it sounds like Pedro Pascal but I think it’s because whoever’s talking is deliberately affecting a neutral accent

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Fennec sounds like she was about to go all Oren Ishii on the guy that mouthed off and it cut just before the good part.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DurosKlav posted:

So does the little kid Fett has to take care of and raise show up in episode 1 or 2?

boba is the kid fennec takes care of

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

tribbledirigible posted:

Fennec sounds like she was about to go all Oren Ishii on the guy that mouthed off and it cut just before the good part.

Same, I'll be surprised if that isn't exactly what happens next.

Gotta say, I'm super hype to see the galaxy's best pensioner power couple go to work, Tatooine could do with a break for a change.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

AndyElusive posted:

Goddamn. Temuera Morrison being the leading man of this series is incredibly awesome, but I'm here for Ming-Na Wen.
Him adding in elements of Maori culture into Fett's character—the way he fought with the gaffi stick in Mandalorian S2 and the way-over-the-top-but-still-loving-cool facial expressions while fighting—is probably the best part of having him around.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

According to multiple sources it looks like a new Star Wars animated series is already in the works that could fill in some Crimson Dawn/Darth Maul gaps…

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/tv/new-star-wars-animated-series-to-focus-on-darth-mauls-shenanigans-exclusive/

The EU stuff going on right now is a huge bounty hunter event leading directly into some Qira / crimson dawn shenanigans - so it would make sense for them to have been prepping an animated series.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That event ended but yeah the comics are ALL about Qira nowadays. I think Crimson Dawn is the main plot in Star Wars, Darth Vader, and Aphra.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That event ended but yeah the comics are ALL about Qira nowadays. I think Crimson Dawn is the main plot in Star Wars, Darth Vader, and Aphra.

Somewhat. There’s two more Crimson Dawn event series planned but there’s conflicting reports as to whether the ongoing series will continue to crossover with them.

I’m finding that I have no issue at all with LFL making this their Shadows of the Empire tbh

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Just give us canon Bothans already :argh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Just give us canon Bothans already :argh:

I’m not fully caught up on Clone Wars or Rebels yet but have Bothans seriously made no physical appearance in the franchise yet outside of books and maybe a few games?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

I’m not fully caught up on Clone Wars or Rebels yet but have Bothans seriously made no physical appearance in the franchise yet outside of books and maybe a few games?

They "appeared" in Bloodlines, and other aliens based on their Legends appearance have showed up in Resistance (Secrets and Holograms), and War of the Bounty Hunters (Jabba #1) but we have yet to see a proper visual depiction of a Bothan in NuCanon

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What about Manny Bothans, ace spy for the rebellion and true hero of Endor?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He and Prune Face should get their own comic.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Concept art of a very Bothan-like character was done for Rogue One, but the story was rewritten to only include human members of the main so he was never included. I imagine there was a "no Bothans" rule for comics and cartoons during Rogue One's production to keep from contradicting what the movie was originally going to do, and they might still have that floating around in case someone decides they want to make Rogue Two.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

AndyElusive posted:

The side-eye between the two of them is amazing and I am here for it.

OMG it's even in the poster

https://twitter.com/MingNa/status/1455193285589229575

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

The side-eye between the two of them is amazing and I am here for it.

OMG it's even in the poster

https://twitter.com/MingNa/status/1455193285589229575

:discourse:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

DurosKlav posted:

I'd love to see the grown actor that played little Boba in ep2 to show up as Boba's 'grandson', ie, the descendent of a clone trooper. There's got to be clone progeny all over the galaxy. Huh...a group of mercs or bounty hunters comprised completely of clone descendants would be rad plot point and an excuse for Disney to hire a bunch of Pacific Islander actors.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

That would be cool - one of the recent books introduced a character who claimed to be the son of a clone trooper, and there were a few running around the Legends continuity as well. If it were a Filoni show I could see them doing it, but this seems to be Robert Rodriguez's baby, and I'm not sure if he's a big enough lore nerd to give a poo poo about the clones.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Robot Style posted:

but this seems to be Robert Rodriguez's baby,
Wait. Wait. Wait.

WHAT?!

*Googles*

:dance:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'd love to see the grown actor that played little Boba in ep2 to show up as Boba's 'grandson', ie, the descendent of a clone trooper. There's got to be clone progeny all over the galaxy. Huh...a group of mercs or bounty hunters comprised completely of clone descendants would be rad plot point and an excuse for Disney to hire a bunch of Pacific Islander actors.

Bad Batch: The Next Generation, followed closely by Dad Batch Nine, and Bad Batch: Voyager.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cross-Section posted:

People are saying it sounds like Pedro Pascal but I think it’s because whoever’s talking is deliberately affecting a neutral accent

I wanted to say it sounded like him, but I was afraid of being accused of the infamous goon face blindness voice deafness.

Just one small slip and you can end up like the guy who was confused by small pastries or the one who couldn't understand why ambulances would leave a hospital.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Marsupial Ape posted:

I always assumed the clones (aside from Boba and Omega) were sterile.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ruling with respect sounds about right. Sure you can go ahead and think it’s the same as kindness and hugs until you step out of line and next thing you know you have two murdering bounty hunters clarifying their stance by bashing your skull in

It’s just being Vito Corleone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Boba's going get everyone on his side at the end, all working together, then he's going to kill them all at once and completely take over