Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And yet a couple guys will always shoot up to the first round after GMs starting squinting really hard and getting desperate.
The Bills were desperate and talked themselves into J.P. Losman AND EJ Manuel on two separate occasions.
They even burned a 3rd on Trent Edwards and started Brian Brohm and the Peterman!
So glad to be off the QB carousel. It’s a terrible place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shyduck posted:

Eagles are absolutely gonna draft a QB with one of those 3 firsts

If Howie's in charge I wouldn't for a minute trust that QB to stand a chance

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Guze posted:

The Saints should sign Cam

I’d legit rather have Drew back instead.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The Bills were desperate and talked themselves into J.P. Losman AND EJ Manuel on two separate occasions.
They even burned a 3rd on Trent Edwards and started Brian Brohm and the Peterman!
So glad to be off the QB carousel. It’s a terrible place!

Tuel Time and Thad Lewis were funny moments, along with the real national blossoming of FitzMagic.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

If Howie's in charge I wouldn't for a minute trust that QB to stand a chance
Two QBs and a WR from San Jose State for good measure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

shyduck posted:

Eagles are absolutely gonna draft a QB with one of those 3 firsts

Or trade 2 of them for Mike White.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1455220386233151488?t=cfORCTLatG9m7tJ5hVXEGA&s=19

he loses

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Saints need to get Minshew

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How many 1st will we get for Darnold 2.0

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nodoze posted:

Saints need to get Minshew

You keep your filthy hands off of him.

Nov 6, 2002

FREE THE MUSTACHE!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I assume Minshew and Gritty are currently taking over the streets of Philadelphia at night, going on adventures or just getting wasted under an overpass.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

All the kids trick or treating in McVay's neighborhood came away with 5th-rounders.

Nov 6, 2002

Quiet Feet posted:

All the kids trick or treating in McVay's neighborhood came away with 5th-rounders.

Can't even trade 'em for king sized peanut butter cups!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Better than a Zagnut

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MJeff posted:

Hi!

Welcome to the My Team Is Bad And My Favorite Player Got Traded To The Rams Club. There's cider and lemon bars on the table over there. Marcus will get you fitted for a Kupp or Donald jersey.

I will wear my Von Miller SB50 jersey with pride sir

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

.5 games away might as well be a light year in this situation. The idea that this trade is the thing that would cause them to miss the playoffs or perform worse in them is pretty silly. They are bad and the GM's office can see that, at least they're getting that right.

Eifert Posting posted:

I said this before but it's illustrative to look at a draft class from five or six years ago on Wikipedia. It's remarkable how many day two picks seem to be total whiffs. The Rams are probably right in thinking the rest of the league dramatically overvalues draft picks, particularly if you're not strapped for cash.

A big part of it as well is I think they like a lot of the guys they have, even further down the depth chart. If you know that keeping a draft pick will involve getting rid of another player you really like, it makes perfect sense to limit your picks and get other value for them since most likely the draft picks won't make the cut anyways.

I mean think about the Stafford trade. Anyone really think those two first rounders would get the Rams to the super bowl again if Goff was still playing quarterback? Hell no. And the Rams wouldn't ever have a high enough pick to really draft a top college QB either so it was a smart move. Assuming Stafford's back doesn't get fucky which is probably the thing I was most worried about.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Melvingordon25/status/1455209466748563459?t=zCehXKarm12RCH5VQhnyYQ&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eagerly awaiting for the Rams to trade DeSean Jackson and a pick for a conditional 7th just to get some cash off their salary cap.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Broncos should've kept Shaq and traded Von a few years back.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

You keep your filthy hands off of him.

I've said this elsewhere but it bears repeating: we've got all you can kiss titties on Bourbon Street.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

He didn’t play in 2020 though, so it’s not nearly as bad as those numbers make it look.

Nov 6, 2002

Not playing is bad.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Not playing during the Covid year was good, more players should have done it.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Sucks about D. Henry.
When did that happen?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

I've said this elsewhere but it bears repeating: we've got all you can kiss titties on Bourbon Street.

Yeah but we don’t want Trubisky

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

I’d take him over Jameis without hesitation.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

WHY. Mitchy Touchdowns knows what it's like to have nobody to throw to.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Sucks about D. Henry.
When did that happen?

He hurt his foot at some point yesterday but still went back in and finished the game. It's a serious bummer he's one of my favorites to watch

Nov 6, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Not playing during the Covid year was good, more players should have done it.

good point

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hi Ravens, please trade for the cheap RB on the Colts who wants a trade and is almost assuredly better than the Crypt Keeper RB room you currently have

Tia

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Rogue Elephant posted:

He hurt his foot at some point yesterday but still went back in and finished the game. It's a serious bummer he's one of my favorites to watch

Mine too.
He trampled all over us but he's too awesome not to admire.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

Hi Ravens, please trade for the cheap RB on the Colts who wants a trade and is almost assuredly better than the Crypt Keeper RB room you currently have

Tia

Problem is is he really good enough to overcome the issues we also have on the line? I mean we can trade for him but how much better will he really be if hes not even starting in Indianapolis? If we trade it should be for someone who will make a significant difference. Otherwise just a waste

We have ty'som williams but wont use him.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does this mean Von Miller will be able to play on SNF? Because, uh, that would be very inconvenient if Tannehill has to deal with him on top of Donald, Ramsey, and the rest of that defense.

Not that I expect to win, I just don't want my QB to die.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1455244403069669378

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

wandler20 posted:

Rams(or any other team for that matter) probably could have had Shaq in 2018 for a 5th and instead traded for Dante Fowler Jr.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mega64 posted:

I just don't want my QB to die.

maybe you should. that way when it happens it won't feel bad

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Mega64 posted:

Does this mean Von Miller will be able to play on SNF? Because, uh, that would be very inconvenient if Tannehill has to deal with him on top of Donald, Ramsey, and the rest of that defense.

Not that I expect to win, I just don't want my QB to die.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1455211822307549190?s=20

He will be active Sunday

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Von Miller didn't play last year because of a season-ending injury he incurred during a practice. He didn't opt out because of COVID.

Also:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1455239040110940164?t=YdXUxVgzRiQSGbmm2cZfVA&s=19

:smith: