Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Well then we wouldn’t know, would we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part of this show is the part where you see sick rear end cgi space ships slowly fly. So many designs and shapes none of which look like a penis. Why do all current IRL space ships look dick like?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

DrPlump posted:

Why do all current IRL space ships look dick like?

Literal penis extensions for billionaires.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Salvor says that the Obelisk is what guided her to the wrecked ship and her other visions, and that was a big part of the early episodes. That's just her claiming that but I think we're supposed to accept it as truth.

She also uses it in a practical way to capture the Huntress.

I'm not saying it was well used, but it was certainly used. I don't think that the Obelisk being in every scene, or every character asking "where's the Obelisk" when it's not around, would've helped.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

can the obelisk make me hands free bust tho

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
cant wait til we get back to the smoking ruins of Terminus where no major characters are left and wait for the Obelisk to tell us how the Foundation has survived it's First Crisis

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Kill All Cops posted:

cant wait til we get back to the smoking ruins of Terminus where no major characters are left and wait for the Obelisk to tell us how the Foundation has survived it's First Crisis

Given their behavior so far, there's absolutely no reason why the moment they were out of eyeshot of the colony in Terminus they didn't just kill every settler left there.

There's absolutely no reason they should be alive (this is a suicide 9/11 mission. Do you think the Empire fleet will just let the doomsday machine fly away from the capitol planet after ravaging it). They're not going to even need some leverage to keep their hostages alive anymore. And it's not like they can contact the Warden and co to tell them that they didn't live up to their bargain and keep the hostages alive.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Data Graham posted:

"Math is for nerds" — Hari Seldon

Yang gang in space

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

She also uses it in a practical way to capture the Huntress.

It's a pity that the way obelisk works is that it can only knock somebody out once and then never works on them again. That explains why she didn't fly the space-craft that can fly low to the ground into the sphere of influence (that she pointed out in an earlier episode was expanding) and knock everybody out, tie up the Anacreons and then fly it back out to wake her fellow Foundations members and use the tunnel system also shown earlier to infiltrate the town and retake it.

Or maybe she knew that would turn out to have been the Huntress' plan all along and she has actually given her EXACTLY what she had already planned on :tinfoil:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
something obelisk: the obelisk makes you stupid

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

The Foundation is like that Utopia show on Fox a few years ago where a bunch of idiots go to start a new society and it was just cancelled in the middle of the night half way through because it was bad and dumb.

Cancel Terminus and give me more Emperor Bros.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

BigPaddy posted:

The Foundation is like that Utopia show on Fox a few years ago where a bunch of idiots go to start a new society and it was just cancelled in the middle of the night half way through because it was bad and dumb.

Not to be confused with Utopia (US or UK) the two short lived series about a comic book foretelling catastrophes which are both cool and good.

I agree with the cancel terminus and go back to Two and a Half Emps

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Felt like UK Utopia predicted the whole covid thing, but I could be remembering it wrong since I last watched it when it originally aired

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

BigPaddy posted:

Hey now, Terra Nova will succeed.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

gotta say im very tired of salvor doing something clever and beating farahs rear end only for her to reveal that it was her plan to get beaten up the whole time like its Jojos

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I've started imagining the huntress as a pakled and I find this makes her significantly more endearing.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

It's a pity that the way obelisk works is that it can only knock somebody out once and then never works on them again. That explains why she didn't fly the space-craft that can fly low to the ground into the sphere of influence (that she pointed out in an earlier episode was expanding) and knock everybody out, tie up the Anacreons and then fly it back out to wake her fellow Foundations members and use the tunnel system also shown earlier to infiltrate the town and retake it.

Or maybe she knew that would turn out to have been the Huntress' plan all along and she has actually given her EXACTLY what she had already planned on :tinfoil:

Wait, is that how it works? I thought it always knocked people out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I think it was a yolk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

No that can't be right, because if it was Salvor would have flown the spaceship over there instead of far above it!

Seriously though, the obelisk makes any living being that comes too near to it pass out and nobody builds up any resistance to it, and the only person we've seen be immune to it is Salvor. She used the trick once and it worked, and there is zero reason she couldn't have pulled exactly the same thing again, except that the Huntress for whatever reason keeps getting these bullshit pure chance escapes while smugly acting like it was all part of her super-genius plan.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

No that can't be right, because if it was Salvor would have flown the spaceship over there instead of far above it!

Seriously though, the obelisk makes any living being that comes too near to it pass out and nobody builds up any resistance to it, and the only person we've seen be immune to it is Salvor. She used the trick once and it worked, and there is zero reason she couldn't have pulled exactly the same thing again, except that the Huntress for whatever reason keeps getting these bullshit pure chance escapes while smugly acting like it was all part of her super-genius plan.

Doh!

I never claimed to be smart.

(I guess the writers and I have something in common...)

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

maybe the huntress is the mule-tress

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Salvor said that she couldn't actually fly the spaceship without having her boyfriend there to backseat drive her through it. Presumably he'd also be knocked out by the obelisk and she'd then crash the spaceship (into the obelisk for maximum laughs)/be unable to safely land it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

gotta say im very tired of salvor doing something clever and beating farahs rear end only for her to reveal that it was her plan to get beaten up the whole time like its Jojos

We have purposely trained her wrong, as a joke.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

There's a lot wrong with the action scenes in this show, but I think the Huntress failing into a lucky break happened basically just once, when they brought her to the tower to talk to the Imperial captain. And honestly, it was just bad luck for her that she hadn't been interrogated in that tower to begin with, in which case her plan would have worked even sooner, though less dramatically. "Get to the tower eventually," is not a complicated plan she had to improbably fail into.

I'm not saying her plot has been great or anything- I don't think anything interesting happened in her story this last episode at all, just a bunch of cliche villain lines- but it's not been as bad as some of you seem to be saying.

Unrelated: I just realized as the result of some conversation last page that Gaal must have solved that equation somehow with her future sight. Was Hari aware of, and looking for people with future sight? If so, why did he do everything else he did? I gotta say, as off the rails as it is, I do find myself wanting to get to the bottom of this mystery.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I was under the impression she got the future sight from being awake during a jump.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I was under the impression she got the future sight from being awake during a jump.

7 episodes in and ur guess is as good as mine lmao

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I’m pretty sure we’re supposed to think that she managed to be awake because she has a special brain, not the other way around, but I definitely agree that it’s ambiguous.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"How are you awake during the jump drive?"

"I shidded my pants"

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I’m pretty sure we’re supposed to think that she managed to be awake because she has a special brain, not the other way around, but I definitely agree that it’s ambiguous.

Here is my spaghetti at the wall prediction: she’s a robit.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Here is my spaghetti at the wall prediction: she’s a robit.

She had a kid though.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
She is actually a superhero, that space jump was her origin story. This show is actually directed by M Night under a pen name.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

She had a kid though.

Oh that’s easy, implanted memories.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm a wizard, Hari

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

I'm a wizard, Hari

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

DrPlump posted:

Why do all current IRL space ships look dick like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD66suMp3J4
(SNL skit)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BigPaddy posted:

The whole spiral challenge was just a setup to have a shirtless, sweating lee pace crawling around half the episode.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I really like the clone adventures, they remind me of Dune. I really don't like the Terminus stuff because it reminds me of Star Wars.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I just watched a Klingon fight scene from season 2 of DS9 and all I could think while watching it was "why is this better than the fight scenes in Foundation?"

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

etalian posted:

The whole spiral challenge was just a setup to have a shirtless, sweating lee pace crawling around half the episode.

:hmmyes:
lets see where this goes.

GABA ghoul posted:

I really like the clone adventures, they remind me of Dune. I really don't like the Terminus stuff because it reminds me of Star Wars.

If it followed the book, it could remind you of My Dinner With Andre :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its HIM
Oct 22, 2013

Google Butt posted:

That reveal was loving terrible. I don't remember there being any sort of hint at that leading up to that dumb flashback sequence and then immediately catching a meteor on an ipad lol

You don’t remember any sort of hint, then you complain about the dumb flashback sequence that bluntly and repeatedly reiterated all the hints?