Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Acerbatus posted:

So is proving grounds the worst DH card ever printed?

It depends on what cards DH gets. Like imagine if they had Rattlegore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Acerbatus posted:

I feel like it could find a place in Wild Quest Deathrattle DH.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

Ehhh I'd say no. With two copies it thins the deck by 4 cards (actually relevant in a draw heavy class like DH), and presumably the payoff is to run it with high impact Deathrattles or low attack/high health minions.

It's an interesting design that does technically fit DH's class design.

Edit: Also it could maybe lead to some future combo if you're running it as just a straight Recruit effect for a single-in-deck minion.

V Thanks :) V

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 30, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Ehhh I'd say no. With two copies it thins the deck by 4 cards (actually relevant in a draw heavy class like DH), and presumably the payoff is to run it with high impact Deathrattles or low attack/high health minions.

It's an interesting design that does technically fit DH's class design.

Edit: Also it could maybe lead to some future combo if you're running it as just a straight Recruit effect for a single-in-deck minion.

Off topic here, but your AV is amazing.

Edit: and is making me hungry

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Thinning the deck is not a real thing in Hearthstone, especially in a class that can draw its entire deck by turn 6 or 7

The card is 'good' in big demon hunter or big deathrattle demon hunter (doesn't yet exists, but may at some point), pulling big dormant minions like Imprisoned Antaen negates the drawback of the card. Dormant has gotten a little support this year, but needs a ton more to be competitive

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

:sickos:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

My JAWS that bite, My CLA-My JAWS the bite, My CLA-My JAWS the bite, My CLAWs That CATCH!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e: wrong thread

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 30, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Not a 10 mana card that deals damage until a hero dies, not the maddestest bomber

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Olpainless posted:

Not a 10 mana card that deals damage until a hero dies, not the maddestest bomber

?

(Not a real card to be clear)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is the only game I've ever played where I turned a rage add into a good friend and then had to talk them down from suicide while they're all coked up. A++ would play again. Just glad I know how to handle this poo poo. Sunday morning fun! Whee!

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

This is the only game I've ever played where I turned a rage add into a good friend and then had to talk them down from suicide while they're all coked up. A++ would play again. Just glad I know how to handle this poo poo. Sunday morning fun! Whee!

drat dude, glad you knew how to handle it. I have yet to have a rage add, so I feel like I'm not playing the game right.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

drat dude, glad you knew how to handle it. I have yet to have a rage add, so I feel like I'm not playing the game right.

Try playing a Hunter with Pressure Plate, that card REALLY pisses people off.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

He reached out for help and got it, just like i suggested. Best HS win ever here.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

So the Deadmines patch is adding five new mercenaries and a few bounties, which is cool I guess but the PvE mode needs a lot more than just more of the same.

They also stated that these new mercs and all future ones will be added to the current mercenary packs, which over time is really going to dilute the token pool. Hopefully they'll add something so that when you've capped a merc you can't get any more coins for them.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
IIRC they already said that there will eventually be a use for extra mercenary coins, but what it will be is anyones guess. Also yeah they completely hosed it by making tasks so vital yet so boring and tedious to grind. After two weeks of mindless grinding I've finally gotten close to the point where I can "play the game", only to find out the meta is basically just different flavors of cairne+diablo all the way down and already feels stale.

I don't know why I expected anything else from a game mode that spent so long in development hell, but it sure is underbaked and will hopefully improve in time.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1455218144751017999

hope y'all like pirate warrior!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Not looking forward to the Juggernaut into Mr. Smite highrolls.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hold on. Is that multi-targeting on a hearthstone card? Is this a new era? The technogy is finally there?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

No Wave posted:

Hold on. Is that multi-targeting on a hearthstone card? Is this a new era?

Yeah, the card looks poo poo but I'm really interested in how they handle the inputs

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's an 8 mana neutral reno the relicologist. There are versions of the game where it would be unfair. It's a rather good control card, but ofc 8 mana board control cards are always potentially unplayable.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
8 mana: cute little plinks at the board for 10 damage!
3 mana: get a lil lifesteal to keep you going!
4 mana: maybe if you build your deck right you could get a big minion early! Tempo power!!

6 mana: just loving delete your opponent

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Disargeria posted:

8 mana: cute little plinks at the board for 10 damage!
3 mana: get a lil lifesteal to keep you going!
4 mana: maybe if you build your deck right you could get a big minion early! Tempo power!!

6 mana: just loving delete your opponent

With what 4 mana of pirates?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Acerbatus posted:

i think you might be underestimating Better Leeroy

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's a good card, though I'm not sure it'll work out that way in this meta even with nitroboost poison.

Juggernaut high rolls though, yeah.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Mr. Smith himself has Charge right? He's a 1 more mana Leeroy that has the soft taunt of "remove me or lose". Pretty good.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Just plopping him down with the quest reward previously played lets you hit face with whatever was summoned and the weapon you got, it's a really solid finisher for aggressive versions of that deck

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I'm disappointed that questline hunter didn't get support. Warrior seems like it will be a problem; I will not be surprised if the quest gets nerfed somehow.

All this support for big spell mage has me really curious about what the next set will provide.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Firebert posted:

Just plopping him down with the quest reward previously played lets you hit face with whatever was summoned and the weapon you got, it's a really solid finisher for aggressive versions of that deck

Yea, I'm seeing this as the main use. You can add like 1 or two mana of pirates alongside it.

In addition to just spawning off the Juggernaut directly, of course :v:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Acerbatus posted:

Get a decent attack weapon from Juggernaut, plop down two Bloodsail Raiders and Mr. Smite + whatever pirate Juggernaut dropped. That should be plenty.

Probably a "win more" combo though ...

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 1, 2021

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I don’t understand the point of this mini-set, all it seems to be doing is making the already strong decks (Aggro Druid, Pirate Warrior, Quest/Bleed Rogue) notably stronger and giving nothing to anyone else?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

And quest mage can still be as horribly unfun as always.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Man, beyond the pirate charger this whole mini-set is really disappointing, isn't it? There's a ton of interesting decks that need just a little more support, but instead it's just going to be pirates vs aggro druid.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I always thought the minisets were a chance to reexamine the meta at a later point and help flesh out poorly supported deck types with a few additional cards.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Disargeria posted:

I always thought the minisets were a chance to reexamine the meta at a later point and help flesh out poorly supported deck types with a few additional cards.

No they are a chance to fleece suckers out of more money.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The mini-set would be already known before the set-proper was released, so they can't react to the meta, really.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Edwin will probably be broken as hell at some point but just seems pretty good right now

Cookie seems like an all-around decent card that most Shaman decks would run

Sneed's is pretty good too, with new technology that seems very relevant for the next expansion

Mr. Smite will get nerfed within a week to say "Your other pirates have charge"

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
The previous two mini sets were really good value for money, I just don't see the value in this one. And yeah, it is disappointing that it's hard to see any new archetypes arising out of this expansion.

What is kind of surprising to me is that the quests that (in my view) have not been performing have gotten hardly any new support.

Like.. there aren't any SI:7 cards in this mini set, the priest cards aren't going to be used at all much less with the questline priest, and the druid cards seem to be much more directed towards aggro / token druid than the quest druid. I know everyone is upset that quest warrior got this big finisher card, and a lot of people want the quests to go away, but I just find it weird that they are letting these other (mostly unplayed) quest decks die on the vine.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I don't even know what the priest questline reward is.. Never seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
You win

e: It shuffles the thing that wins the game into your deck. Apparently I've never seen anyone finish it either.

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 1, 2021