Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Flavahbeast posted:

the time has come

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Empy's group already dropped HH and Mageblood, at least. Not sure if they've gotten more.

It does work!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Empy's group already dropped HH and Mageblood, at least. Not sure if they've gotten more.

It does work!

they also got a squire

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

maybe this was common knowledge already but sinvicta's on switch grants you rampage at the start of a map if you get your first kill with it equipped. idk how viable it is to actually have buffs for a boss fight, but getting 1% movespeed and 4% increased damage per 20 kills certainly helps with map clearing.

credit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXroUdv-5JQ

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Sinvicta's weapon swap is well known, if not common knowledge

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Hooplah posted:

maybe this was common knowledge already but sinvicta's on switch grants you rampage at the start of a map if you get your first kill with it equipped. idk how viable it is to actually have buffs for a boss fight, but getting 1% movespeed and 4% increased damage per 20 kills certainly helps with map clearing.

credit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXroUdv-5JQ

Rampage wep or glove swap is really old. I remember doing it before 3.0. Good tip though, I hadn't thought of doing it in a long time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Wouldn't that rampage weapon swap setup work for pretty much any build with decent clear speed as well? I'm surprised it's a viable thing and that swapping weapons doesn't wipe out buffs from said weapons.

e: That build's cool but I'd be curious to see how well it works starting out before the person has a (few) dozen exalts to spend on the rest of the setup.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 1, 2021

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Huh, surprising this is still around from so long ago. I figured everything like that would've been quashed when they killed snapshotting

and yes it works with most setups, although if you have any minions or reservations slotted in your weapon/offhand you'll have to refresh after setting up rampage. you also need to actually be able to kill something without your weapon, which can be an issue depending on the build.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Some duration based stuff is all that's left for snapshotting. That's mostly buffs, but you could also do something like flame surge for burning ground or ensnaring arrow and I've seen weapon swap marks for single target.

Brands don't work, and iirc even duration minions like skeles/srs get despawned, but I could be wrong on that. I believe damaging abilities lose their supports when weapon swapped, so no cull or hextouched curses on something like OOS while swapped back to main weapon set.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hooplah posted:

you also need to actually be able to kill something without your weapon, which can be an issue depending on the build.

Put Cyclone with increased aoe on you Sinvicta, and pop a worm flask. They'll instantly die to your cyclone even if you do literally 0 damage

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My exsanguinate scion has hit a wall damage-wise, really struggling with t14+ bosses. How good is the meta saboteur build at bossing? I imagine it uses very similar gear, and I’m kinda wanting to reroll

(I’ve been paying premium prices because of these fuckin saboteurs)

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

My exsanguinate scion has hit a wall damage-wise, really struggling with t14+ bosses. How good is the meta saboteur build at bossing? I imagine it uses very similar gear, and I’m kinda wanting to reroll

It's the best budget bosser on everything but Sirus, where the frequency of teleportation sucks for your traps. It's still not bad there. Maven teleports enough to be annoying, but not enough to make it so the build isn't still great vs. her.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

(I’ve been paying premium prices because of these fuckin saboteurs)
exsang scion should be able to boss decent well, are you using all of your available options to boost dps? petrified blood + pain attunement, maintaining full stacks at all time etc

if you're in need of more boss dps and are maintaining full stacks of exsanguinate easily you can toss in reap in a 4L for some decent boss dps. keep in mind that sab is so good right now because they run seismic trap for bossing and exsanguinate for clear, with them swapping links depending on which are causing you more trouble.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
Also, put a portal gem in the sin victa along with cyclone and cast while channeling for the world's fastest portal setup.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It's the best budget bosser on everything but Sirus, where the frequency of teleportation sucks for your traps. It's still not bad there. Maven teleports enough to be annoying, but not enough to make it so the build isn't still great vs. her.

This is pretty accurate.

Sirus is REALLY annoying because his teleports go quickly. There's only a couple phases where you can really do good damage. I'd say the damage on Sirus is probably 20%-30% of potential if you're good.

Maven is maybe a little better, closer 50-60% potential but still a giant pain in the rear end.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Huge Manatee posted:

Also, put a portal gem in the sin victa along with cyclone and cast while channeling for the world's fastest portal setup.

:ratFRO:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
sabo traps is good but a little clunky on scourge, the trap activation delay can get very .... hairy.

thinking about rerolling stone golementalist; any ideas on how much that would cost to roll through endgame and a8 sirus?

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I don't think I've found anything as satisfying in this game as a good clear speed league and an aoe bow skill deadeye. Did ice shot in delirium, found a few voices and bumped several hundred ex into that one. Doing lightning arrow now and with very middling gear im starting red maps and absolutely smash my way through everything. Granted it's uh... pretty much as glass cannon as it gets with evasion being my second best layer of defense. First one is as always just dont get hit.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Any good ways to up poison concoction occultist dps for bosses? I use a carcass jack with PC/GMP/greater volley/lifetap/vicious projectile/unbound ailments normally. I was going to try swapping the volley for void manip.
I have the witherstep and plague bearer setup, ancestral totem and flame dash with culling, and a despair/temporal chain.

I don’t have cluster jewels unfortunately because I am a poor.

Edit- I meant unbound ailments not unleash

Kinetica fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 1, 2021

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Kinetica posted:

Any good ways to up poison concoction occultist dps for bosses? I use a carcass jack with PC/GMP/greater volley/lifetap/vicious projectile/unleash normally. I was going to try swapping the volley for void manip.
I have the witherstep and plague bearer setup, ancestral totem and flame dash with culling, and a despair/temporal chain.

well definitely swap out the unleash since it does nothing. PC is an attack not a spell

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Kinetica posted:

Any good ways to up poison concoction occultist dps for bosses? I use a carcass jack with PC/GMP/greater volley/lifetap/vicious projectile/unleash normally. I was going to try swapping the volley for void manip.

Yeah unleash does nothing.

Gear stuff that isn't inc damage/dot multi/attack speed: inc duration of ailments while focused helm, Overflowing Chalice, Corruption anoint, Shock on focus jewelry, a source of frenzy charges while bossing, flask charges belt.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

J posted:

. You can level down by vendoring a scouring and a wisdom scroll to get a book of regression.

This loving game man

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zenithe posted:

This loving game man

You need this to farm foothills for cluster jewels as well, since it stops spawning delirium mirrors when you turn 73

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Jinnigan posted:

sabo traps is good but a little clunky on scourge, the trap activation delay can get very .... hairy.

This was my feeling as well. I would have liked this build much more on Expedition, as Scourge it feels best to Kill poo poo Now, not Kill poo poo in 1 Second.

Speaking of not killing poo poo instantly, I dropped a Darkscorn in SSF (ts lol), and contemplating making a build with it, but want to make sure it'll feel good defensively in scourge. I'd likely have to go occultist to get that (defensive curses, evasion, spell suppression).

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I don't know how he does it in SSF HCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjh57ifO0EA

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

FZeroRacer posted:

you're not going to get to 95% evasion and it's almost never worth to try to reach 95% evasion because of diminishing returns. even with grace + blind investment + a ton of evasion + an evasion flask active you're likely going to top out at around 85ish percent evasion, likely lower depending on the enemy's accuracy and whether or not there are accurate mobs / auras.

From my current character who has not actually invested almost any passives into evasion. Raider with Grace + Defiance Bannner and mostly(but not all) EV pieces, I could easily get another base 1-1.5k evasion on my gear if that's what I cared about.

Base no flasks

Flasked

Blind

Also my flask isn't a %evasion Jade because I didn't really need the extra evasion as much as I wanted a different suffix. Neither do I have a Stibnite which is another potential 8k. As a non Raider sure you're going to be lower, likely not getting past 90% while flasked, but ideally then your ascendancy is offering some non-evasion defense. But even 85% evasion is more than plenty to avoid most damage while mapping. Put on a gravicious crafted chest with ghost shrouds and any build can hit 6-7k ehp and be way more than tanky enough for what most people are doing.

Sure if you want to be Darkee then yes, play Champion only because it's the best defensive ascendancy option and go armor + EV. But you really cannot say that evasion is bad by itself, there's plenty of EV only characters at the top of SSFHC, like all 3 of the level 100s.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 1, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Hamelekim posted:

I don't know how he does it in SSF HCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjh57ifO0EA

casually tanking kosis under 300 nightmare stacks

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
A trip report on the tornado shot occultist now that I'm basically done buying things for it: https://pastebin.com/F6dpujzQ

At ~5-6 ex invested, this is a very good build as long as you're aware of what you're getting. This is the fastest mapper I've ever played post explode chest nerf, and probably the fastest mapper I've ever played at such a low budget, period. It shreds t14-16 maps, consistently reaching scourge stacks in the 180-250 range with the limiting factor even on the high end beingmob density instead of killing speed or survivability. It can handle every map mod without dying, though poison avoidance is obviously not a good idea unless you're really desperate; reflects/no regen/no leech are no problem. Compared to the Fyregrass video everyone was passing around before the league, the main difference is investment in evasion via reservation nodes to fit Grace, which also enables Ghost Shroud. Vaal Breach is also fantastic for entering the krangleverse, applying a monstrous hinder to mobs around you which gives your poison a chance to spin up and start the screen-clearing chain reaction.

What it can't do is bosses. Most map bosses are fine because the +120% ailment duration while focused mod is straight up cracked and you can just throw some totems at the boss, focus, and run away. Even t16 bosses with defensive map mods melt in 15 seconds or so. But Sirus and Maven both clear poisons when they teleport, and the curse-based defensive package is almost entirely ineffective against them, leaving you to plink away for piddling damage while having 4300 life. Not a recipe for success. Even Baran can get pretty scary. But if you want a build that can farm currency using the league mechanic smoothly and quickly with very low investment, this is a good one for you.

I think the next big upgrade would be the ability to apply your curses via a corrupted Hands of the High Templar, or even just dropping down to two curses with a normally krangled rare glove + despair on hit ring. That would free you from having to use Lioneye's Paws to get your curses, which are transcendentally lovely boots. You could put on whatever zoomy boots you liked, or even voidwalkers for the phasing and pierce, which saves you from allocating that kinda mediocre projectile pierce spur on the right side of the tree.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So Tujen just dropped this deal on me:

I have no idea how common Expedition currency is this league yet, should I start saving my pennies or sigh and move on?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
buy logbooks with black scythe expeditions available and bless them for explosives count, you'll make your money back in gumball drops and rack up artifacts real fast

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
As someone who is super duper poor this league (literally had someone I grabbed a Spectre from take pity on me and hand me an ex, which is the most currency I've held at any point this league), I would do my damnedest to get a hold of that. Granted, I am already spec'd for Expedition in that region and have no problems taking 30 seconds to actually read what I'm blowing up, but ymmv.

Also ^^^

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

buy logbooks with black scythe expeditions available and bless them for explosives count, you'll make your money back in gumball drops and rack up artifacts real fast

Derp I forgot that the currency went untradable but logbooks are still around, thanks for the advice!

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Playing minions and I'm doing well I think? Got a watchstone and the only time I die is to map mod/ground effect stuff. I started playing this game before you could vendor gems (very off and on) and this is my first time doing maps/endgame. Amazing what a computer that doesn't crash when I cast too big of a spell or open a strongbox does.

But I'm getting bored and would like to play something more clicky. Anyone got any reccomendations for a build that does like melee or elemental spells and clears well? My two favorite characters to play were molten strike marauder and arc witch but those both got nerfed hard right? I'm not too worried about league start stuff because I can do the content/farming on this other char, but I mean being able to boss would be cool too.

Right now I'm kinda in between Flicker Strike or one of those Templars w/ ignite but not sold on either. Also really enjoyed leveling a Rain of Arrows pathfinder but TR isn't really doing it for me for some reason.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

well definitely swap out the unleash since it does nothing. PC is an attack not a spell

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah unleash does nothing.

Gear stuff that isn't inc damage/dot multi/attack speed: inc duration of ailments while focused helm, Overflowing Chalice, Corruption anoint, Shock on focus jewelry, a source of frenzy charges while bossing, flask charges belt.

I meant unbound ailments, I am bad and can’t read or type :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Derp I forgot that the currency went untradable but logbooks are still around, thanks for the advice!

The reroll currencies are still tradeable, which doesn't help with Tujen, but could help with Dannig to get you a deal on Grand Black Scythes.

JamesKPolk posted:

Playing minions and I'm doing well I think? Got a watchstone and the only time I die is to map mod/ground effect stuff. I started playing this game before you could vendor gems (very off and on) and this is my first time doing maps/endgame. Amazing what a computer that doesn't crash when I cast too big of a spell or open a strongbox does.

But I'm getting bored and would like to play something more clicky. Anyone got any reccomendations for a build that does like melee or elemental spells and clears well? My two favorite characters to play were molten strike marauder and arc witch but those both got nerfed hard right? I'm not too worried about league start stuff because I can do the content/farming on this other char, but I mean being able to boss would be cool too.

Right now I'm kinda in between Flicker Strike or one of those Templars w/ ignite but not sold on either. Also really enjoyed leveling a Rain of Arrows pathfinder but TR isn't really doing it for me for some reason.

tbf, your computer might have had absolutely nothing to do with either of those crashes happening.

As for a build, one thing that jumps to mind is Warcry/SLAMS. For clearing trash you might click a button every so often to boost your attacks but for bosses you line up several buffs and then slam that boss straight into the earth. Can get rather click heavy.

The build I did a while back was a Champion that stacked Impale effect (:rip: Call of Steel), but I believe Berzerker is the Ascendancy of choice for this playstyle now (or I'm confusing it with the General's Cry version).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Slams got heavily nerfed when seismic cry was killed last league

I’m sure some work still

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

Slams got heavily nerfed when seismic cry was killed last league

I’m sure some work still

Speaking of, I tried to do Doryani's Prototype with Doryani's Fist, using General's Cry to trigger mirage warriors to do the slam.

I tried to experiment with using Stormfire ring "your lightning damage can also ignite" but the enemies are not igniting. I'm not sure if that's bugged or what, because Vigilant Strike says "you gain fortify" and the mirage warriors will give it to you. And they are shocking the enemy, and I do have innate 20% change to ignite. But it's not working for some reason. I guess it doesn't matter, because the ignite becomes fire damage, which enemies still have high resistance to. It's just weird because mirage warriors occupy some area where they're not quite minions and not quite you, but sometimes count as you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should not be giving you fortify imho

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

JamesKPolk posted:

I think people are playing Arc Ignite elementalist if you're interested in both Arc and Ignite. The more damage per remaining chain on Arc works for the Ignite. I don't know how good it is, glancing at a few ninja builds I'm guessing you'll end up somewhere in the range of 2-2.5 mil dps with acceptable but mediocre defenses, but I haven't built or seen a good POB.

Edit: I'd guess that it's a good and fun mapper but a bad-but-doable bosser.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

JamesKPolk posted:

My two favorite characters to play were molten strike marauder and arc witch but those both got nerfed hard right?

Arc witch got turned into arc heirophant: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3147914