Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Powestone game type in Halo, hello!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Comedy option: Dreamcast 2 out of nowhere!

You mean dreamcast 6 (edit: i can count. in my defense i'm exhausted from having my mother in law here for 3 days and im more full of candy than a pinata).
We are celebrating Dreamcast 2 coming out 20 years ago in 2 weeks.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
You guys were right The Forgotten City was really loving good. I can't believe the improvements it made to time-loop type games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm probably never gonna play the Forgotten City due to being burned out on less good iterations of this, so if you want to spoil it in this thread I'm all ears

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Barudak posted:

I'm probably never gonna play the Forgotten City due to being burned out on less good iterations of this, so if you want to spoil it in this thread I'm all ears

They have a mechanic that lets you redo some of the tedious stuff without having to actually do it again yourself so you can focus on other things.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Barudak posted:

Put goddamn Jet Set Radio onto my Xbox

This except Total War and PC GamePass

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope the Super Game Sega is working on is SEGAGAGA 2: Nightmarecast

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
drat you guys and your free time. It takes me a month to get through a game. I’m playing poo poo that was recommended last year.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I wonder what the chances are for RDR2 getting a remastered version or an FPS boost. I'm thinking of buying it again next time it's on sale, bought it for PS4 when it came out.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

Put goddamn Jet Set Radio onto my Xbox

CHU CHU MOTHERFUCKING ROCKET YOU SICK SONS OF BITCHES

:emptyquote:

give me some goddamn blue sky games and insanely good music again

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fly Ricky posted:

drat you guys and your free time. It takes me a month to get through a game. I’m playing poo poo that was recommended last year.

Same tbh, but The Forgotten City isn't super long. I got all four endings with one afternoon and one morning of playing, so maybe 6-8 hours total. You can get one ending a lot quicker.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can speedrun it in about 10 mins :hehe:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you can speedrun it in about 10 mins :hehe:

That's definitely true also.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Finally started playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and it looks absolutely stunning running on a One X! Might be the best looking 2D game I've seen. Blind Forest was a tear jerker for me and I can already tell this game will be no different, and I love it!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Forgotten City has been a really nice surprise. Most of the time I'm making the "wrap it up" hand sign a few hours into every video game but the narrative really has a nice way of pulling you into everybody's storyline without feeling too overwhelming or that you've hit a dead end. It's all quite clever how the story expands into something greater on each loop. Thank Satan for Gamepass or else I probably would have never downloaded "Skyrim mod but wait it's really good I promise" on word of mouth alone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it was very engaging. There was soooo much voiced dialogue as well, very impressive.

I love how Desius is basically Patches from Dark Souls

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More Game Pass Dates

COMING:
November 2: Minecraft (PC), Unpacking (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 4: It Takes Two (Cloud, Console, PC via EA Play), Kill It with Fire (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 9: Football Manager 2022 (PC), Football Manager 2022: Xbox Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC), Forza Horizon 5 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 11: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (Console), One Step from Eden (Console and PC)

GOING:
Leaving November 15:
Final Fantasy VIII HD (Console and PC)
Planet Coaster (Cloud and Console)
Star Renegades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Streets of Rogue (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Gardens Between (Cloud, Console, and PC)
River City Girls (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I’ve always wondered do games published by Microsoft game studios ever leave?

Also has EA ever pulled anything from their game pass? I’m currently enjoying lots of vintage battlefield play at the moment.

It’s been pointed down this thread but I want to add it again battlefield hardline is a criminally underrated game and probably the best single player in the entire battlefield series. Granted with Battlefield it’s more a lot of really cool missions that remember than any sort of overall story.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I’ve always wondered do games published by Microsoft game studios ever leave?

Also has EA ever pulled anything from their game pass? I’m currently enjoying lots of vintage battlefield play at the moment.

Forza games get removed from Game Pass after fourish years because of licensing reasons, and EA Play drops older sports games every so often.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What's the main difference between Java and Bedrock Minecraft? Just calling something Java makes it sound old and janky, but I'm gonna guess that Bedrock is full of Modern Game Stuff like microtransactions?

Which one should I play?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Java is OG Minecraft, with all the spaghetti code and nightmares that implies, but it's also immensely moddable and usually gets weird experimental features first because everyone's used to it breaking. Bedrock is mainstream Minecraft, intended to be more stable and beginner friendly and polished. Bedrock also has purchasable skins but you can import your own custom skins so who cares. If you've never played Minecraft before then play Bedrock, maybe look at Java if you're feeling adventurous.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

What's the main difference between Java and Bedrock Minecraft? Just calling something Java makes it sound old and janky, but I'm gonna guess that Bedrock is full of Modern Game Stuff like microtransactions?

Which one should I play?
Java is the original PC/Mac/Linux release based on Java. I think it's mostly used for modding these days, which makes me wonder how the Game Pass version is gonna handle it.

Bedrock is the multiplatform version. Custom content is generally curated through, yes, a microtransaction store, but it's also extremely cross-platform multiplayer-wise, allowing Windows 10, Xbox One and Series, Playstation 4 and 5, Switch, iOS and Android players to all play together in the same world.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

boz posted:

I tried using right stick for tricks for a bit but I went back to using the face buttons because I like to use the right stick to look around.

I switched to the “trickster” control scheme, then moved the rotation controls to the left stick and trick controls to the right. It’s definitely more intuitive than the previous for me, but I do need to figure out camera rotation.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

The Kins posted:

but it's also extremely cross-platform multiplayer-wise, allowing Windows 10, Xbox One and Series, Playstation 4 and 5, Switch, iOS and Android players to all play together in the same world.

Except if you do a dedicated server on Bedrock then Mojang tells console players to go gently caress themselves.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

The Kins posted:

More Game Pass Dates

COMING:
November 2: Minecraft (PC), Unpacking (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 4: It Takes Two (Cloud, Console, PC via EA Play), Kill It with Fire (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 9: Football Manager 2022 (PC), Football Manager 2022: Xbox Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC), Forza Horizon 5 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
November 11: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (Console), One Step from Eden (Console and PC)

GOING:
Leaving November 15:
Planet Coaster (Cloud and Console)
Star Renegades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Streets of Rogue (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Gardens Between (Cloud, Console, and PC)
River City Girls (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I played It Takes Two with my wife and it was excellent. Def recommend for some couch co-op.

I'm mildly interested in trying Unpacking and One Step from Eden, but other than Forza, it's kind of a meh month... which is fine, because of Forza and I still haven't finished the games I wanna play from the October lineup. Or wait, this must only be the beginning of November since it doesn't have Evil Genius on it.

Also, this is the gonna be the first time the GOING list affects me as I still have Star Renegades installed on my PC and play it every so often when I'm bored at work.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Don't know if it's been stated by rockstar, is San Andreas remaster 4k 60fps w/ HDR? If so I am ridiculously excited (grove street 4 life)

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Unpacking is a cool and (mostly) relaxing game. I hope it doesn’t get overlooked too much with all these other big names.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ColdIronsBound posted:

Don't know if it's been stated by rockstar, is San Andreas remaster 4k 60fps w/ HDR? If so I am ridiculously excited (grove street 4 life)
On Rockstar's site it says "4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems" but HDR isn't mentioned. I'd assume it would have that. The site also mentions "A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more"

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

On Rockstar's site it says "4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems" but HDR isn't mentioned. I'd assume it would have that. The site also mentions "A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more"

If they aren't mentioning HDR I wouldn't assume that it is in the game. HDR is hard to get right and Rockstar really struggled with Red Dead Redemption 2's implementation.

Auto HDR works pretty well, at least!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

My patience in waiting for it takes two pays off perfectly.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

The Kins posted:

GOING:
Leaving November 15:

welcome posted:

That's another FF leaving game pass after exactly one year. Guess I'd better get to 8 by November.

Got the month right but didn't account for it leaving on the 15th, thought I had two more weeks. At roughly 3 whole hours in, don't think I'm going to finish it.

Oh well. I suppose I'd better start XII sometime before it definitely leaves gamepass on February 15th.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

welcome posted:

Got the month right but didn't account for it leaving on the 15th, thought I had two more weeks. At roughly 3 whole hours in, don't think I'm going to finish it.

At least half* of the fun of Final Fantasy 8 is completely abusing the junctioning system and steamrolling through the game. There are plenty of guides out there. You can beat it in two weeks, I believe in you!

*(The other half is listening to the soundtrack)

Alternatively, Game Pass members get a discount on purchasing games through the service. Then you can take your time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's going to be a sad day when the Yakuza series leave because I'm not even close to being finished with those guys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you do end up having to buy them, they go on deep discount pretty often. Microsoft, and Sega though have a pretty good relationship with each other, so they might be on Game Pass for a long time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I said come in! posted:

If you do end up having to buy them, they go on deep discount pretty often. Microsoft, and Sega though have a pretty good relationship with each other, so they might be on Game Pass for a long time.

That's good news. Those are some I can't let go of right now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

It's going to be a sad day when the Yakuza series leave because I'm not even close to being finished with those guys.
By that time Microsoft will fully own Sega so they'll end up staying anyway. :getin:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The Gardens Between is a really nice little narrative puzzle game with great art direction and a clever time-warping mechanic. It's also only about 2-3 hours long, so you shouldn't have trouble beating it before the 15th.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Thom12255 posted:

Except if you do a dedicated server on Bedrock then Mojang tells console players to go gently caress themselves.

You can connect to a dedicated server on Xbox via LAN. The other platforms presumably blocked Mojang from even attempting this, due to the various rules in place about cross platform direct connections (or more specifically, the singular rule which is "don't").

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

1glitch0 posted:

hadn't even considered this, I'm only like 25 hours into 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Tatsuta Age posted:

hadn't even considered this, I'm only like 25 hours into 5

I'm a dumb noob who is still on the first 1 after finishing Yakuza 0. My billion dollar real estate empire... like dust in the wind.