Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Xaris posted:

counterpoint: his brain is mushified to the point beyond that of jello pudding and will not live any truth or knowledge ever again

he will die in a warm comfortable bed with his bimbo wife by his side as the millions incarcerated under his lovely overtly white supremacist policies will rot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

quote:

what the hell is wrong with you???? what loving strategic bombing took place in the korean war? THEY REDUCED THE ENTIRE COUNTRY TO RUBBLE. you dont have to be macarthur's #1 stan!

are you pro-dresden bombing too?

I'm not "pro" bombing, only recognizing that the moral calculus you're utilizing is considerable oversimplistic given the realities of modern warfare; based at a glance at wikipedia you're assessment also seems to be inaccurate and glosses over the years long deliberations that the UN Command undertook regarding the scope of bombing. By focusing on Dresden you're ignoring that pretty much every city in Germany and Japan saw significant destruction in order to prosecute the war to its conclusion; war sucks but I think responsibility should largely lie with the individuals in Moscow, Beijing and North Korea who made the decision to throw Korea onto the bonfire of war.

Sherman's letter to Atlantia I think provides important context.

quote:

I have your letter of the 11th, in the nature of a petition to revoke my orders removing all the inhabitants from Atlanta. I have read it carefully, and give full credit to your statements of the distress that will be occasioned, any yet shall not revoke my orders, because they were not designed to meet the humanities of the case, but to prepare for the future struggles in which millions of good people outside of Atlanta have a deep interest. We must have Peace, not only in Atlanta, but in All America. To secure this, we must stop the war that now desolates our once happy and favored country. To stop war, we must defeat the rebel armies which are now arrayed against the laws and Constitution that all must respect and obey. To defeat those armies, we must prepare the way to reach them in their recesses, provided with the arms and instruments which enable us to accomplish our purpose. Now I know the vindictive nature of our enemy, that we may have many years of military operations from this quarter; and, therefore, deem it wise and prudent to prepare in time. The use of Atlanta for warlike purposes is inconsistent with its character as a home for families. There will be no manufactures, commerce, or agriculture here, for the maintenance of families, and sooner or later want will compel the inhabitants to go. Why no go now, when all the arrangements are completed for the transfer, instead of waiting till the plunging shot of contending armies will renew the scenes of the past month? Of course, I do not apprehend any such thing at this moment, but you do not suppose this army will be here until the war is over. I cannot discuss this subject with you fairly, because I cannot impart to you what we propose to do, but I assert that our military plans make it necessary for the Inhabitants to go away, and I can only renew my offer of services to make their exodus in any direction as easy and comfortable as possible. You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our Country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to Secure Peace. But you cannot have Peace and a Division of our Country. If the United States submits to a Division now it will not stop, but will go on until we reap the fate of Mexico, which is Eternal War. The United States does and must assert its authority, wherever it once had power; for, if it relaxes one bit to pressure, it is gone, and I believe that such is the National Feeling. This Feeling assumes various shapes, but always comes back to that of Union. Once admit the Union, once more acknowledge the Authority of the National Government, and, instead of devoting your houses and streets and roads to the dread uses of war, I and this army become at once your protectors and supporters, shielding you from danger, let it come from what quarter it may. I know that a few individuals cannot resist a torrent of error and passion, such as swept the South into rebellion, but you can point out, so that we may know those who desire a government, and those who insist on war and its desolation.

War sucks; pretending one country or another is uniquely responsible for the actions it takes to win is foolish.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lol im gonna get probed for losing my mind against the mass slaughter justifier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

love supporting institutions based on who the president is

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A big flaming stink posted:

free a big flaming stink

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I hope the next one incorporates Brandon

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It's pretty cool that there were two massive feedback/bitchfest threads about DnD, and after all that time and effort..... literally nothing changed

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Like this is the funniest probe I've ever seen: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3983623&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post518927959

"it's a new thread but it's not a NEW thread"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

camoseven posted:

It's pretty cool that there were two massive feedback/bitchfest threads about DnD, and after all that time and effort..... literally nothing changed

they're gonna ban tweets and punish harder, turns out the mods are all doing terrific jobs and the problem is the leftists

promotions all around!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Millions of foreign deaths are the price we must pay so I can stuff my fat face with Pocky while I watch This Elementary Student Can't Be A 1000 Year Old Dragon?! and post infinite semicolons on Something Awful. This is what it means to have ~Pax Americana~

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm not "pro" bombing, only recognizing that the moral calculus you're utilizing is considerable oversimplistic given the realities of modern warfare; based at a glance at wikipedia you're assessment also seems to be inaccurate and glosses over the years long deliberations that the UN Command undertook regarding the scope of bombing. By focusing on Dresden you're ignoring that pretty much every city in Germany and Japan saw significant destruction in order to prosecute the war to its conclusion; war sucks but I think responsibility should largely lie with the individuals in Moscow, Beijing and North Korea who made the decision to throw Korea onto the bonfire of war.

Sherman's letter to Atlantia I think provides important context.

War sucks; pretending one country or another is uniquely responsible for the actions it takes to win is foolish.

Stop bombing yourself
Stop bombing yourself
Stop bombing yourself

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
had anyone posted 'pisscendo vox' yet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lets go greyjoy

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

a mass slaughter justifier

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1455291172814004232

they keep turning it back on me!! :qq:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

WampaLord posted:

they're gonna ban tweets and punish harder, turns out the mods are all doing terrific jobs and the problem is the leftists

promotions all around!

Not 12 hours after feedback thread closed, I had like 3 people accuse me of trolling in the china thread for no other reason than I (stupidly) got mad on the internet, with zero consequences or anything said. Good use of everybody's time really.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wonder how many people in that 44% shouted down and shamed anyone who warned about what a disaster Biden would be.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lastgirl posted:

he will die in a warm comfortable bed with his bimbo wife by his side as the millions incarcerated under his lovely overtly white supremacist policies will rot

DOCTOR bimbo wife

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Kamala it is then

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
CHIP IIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Kamala it is then

Yeah. My gut is they’ll keep Joe around long enough to shut down a primary challenge and have him resign for health reasons after it’s already too late. Of course, the one wrinkle in this is if he’s so unpopular by then that they can’t actually shut down a primary challenge

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol this poll rules

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1455186456679489543

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

it will be hillary

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

a new study bible! posted:

it will be hillary

She must be so pissed looking at everything Biden does. Lmfao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
twitter seems to have convinced itself that a governors race in which the democratic candidate said parents shouldn't have a say in their child's education is really about.... the timing of congressional negotiations on an infrastructure bill?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah. My gut is they’ll keep Joe around long enough to shut down a primary challenge and have him resign for health reasons after it’s already too late. Of course, the one wrinkle in this is if he’s so unpopular by then that they can’t actually shut down a primary challenge

To permanently ensure the progressive vote the DNC will encase a still living Bernie in a block of clear epoxy and post gif updates every quarter

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

it will be hillary

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

it will be hillary

:abuela:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Man, that invented threadban bullshit is really paying off in D&D.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
perfect time for buttigieg. average person hasn't seen him since the debates, nor even then. he's far more compelling than kamala. where was her dance?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hillary has loser stink and somehow manages to be hated even more now

it's not happening

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
To follow up on what Vox said, as a reminder we should all be very careful who we trust as sources and believe blindly. It's easy to fall into a trap.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The trap of posting a very dry and accurate paraphrase. But you see the words were tainted with right wing cooties.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Grey Fox posted:

This is the only text I've gotten in the past couple days. No vote request, just give money.

Weird, mine are all asking me if i'm going to vote.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

it will be hillary

It's Her Turn™. Again.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Excelzior posted:

Hillary has loser stink and somehow manages to be hated even more now

it's not happening

Weird, we said the same thing about Biden in 2019.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

The D&D mods' constant reluctance to comment on criticisms of the media analysis thread until the specific argument about the trustworthiness of the CIA-provided intel boiled over into the feedback thread was absolutely amazing to watch. the model laid out in the OP is treated as the singular source of Truth In Media Understanding, when it's an insanely easy to abuse model:

like, at best, one of them is very good friends with the nutty professor and would feel bad telling them 'hey man we have to un-sticky your thread because it turns out it wasn't well received' and at worst it's like, the biden staffer mod making sure that only The Right Criticisms of His President are Received.

The Media Analysis people are the dumbest most media illiterate morons I've ever come across. Multiple times they've shrugged off extremely biased pieces from their 'trusted sources' as being just 'opinion pieces', the literal Fox News defense, and are unable or unwilling to comprehend that even 'opinion pieces' are subject to curation and approval from the editorial staff.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nothus posted:

Weird, we said the same thing about Biden in 2019.

nobody said either of those things about Biden in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Excelzior posted:

nobody said either of those things about Biden in 2019

I think they were saying things like 'If Biden runs in 2020 its going to be a complete disaster and he will embarrass himself' and, well, wheres the lie?