Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Solus posted:

Yeah and the response is "It's a Krabswarm Astrahus. Why the gently caress are they not forming to defend it?"
We arranged allies to come and help and krabswarm basically blueballed them all by not coming to the party. Absolute waste of time and money buying that poo poo lmao

Its even funnier when i remember that they purchased structures midway through the war and almost demanded we leave delve to come to shithole triangle space to come defend them - despite them buying them entirely without the alliances knowledge. Real great way to set the mood

Their defenses against RC (I’m assuming - it was Stribog) were absolutely pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am sure we have top men on it now. TOP men considering it’s the current isk faucet. Or maybe it’s not really required to keep up with the blue donut.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Such lack of respect for our power bottom men

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
people are talking about maybe defending it but also no one really cares. pochven is far away and confusing and the dark color palate makes me sad

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Sounds like the krabswarm drama is mostly non krabswarm ppl being all dramatic about krabswarm.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

angry armadillo posted:

I killed a Garmur with a my meme slicer this weekend, I had no prop mod + max tank, managed to grab him sliding into a FW plex - he also had 4 blingy mid slots so it was excellent that 90% drop rate is on right now :D

No prop FW meme fits will never not be fun. I did a bunch of the no prop max dps coercer for a while and poo poo slays

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dalael posted:

Sounds like the krabswarm drama is mostly non krabswarm ppl being all dramatic about krabswarm.

There's no drama, why the gently caress would you defend someone's structure if they CBA to show up and defend it themselves?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I just googled Pochven and lol, I get why they run it, I’m not sure why they run it on mains within alliance though? Surely this would be a alt corp thing where you commit your real resources to your own 0.0, where there are no NPC stations, or am I missing something?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

There's no drama, why the gently caress would you defend someone's structure if they CBA to show up and defend it themselves?

Ppl bitching about krabswarm every few pages absolurely sound like drama to me.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

i can think of a lot of reasons

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i can think of a lot of reasons

None of them are relevant in lovely triangle space, it has no strategic import to the Imperium.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
yeah but horde will be there trying to blow it up and gently caress those guys

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

learnincurve posted:

I just googled Pochven and lol, I get why they run it, I’m not sure why they run it on mains within alliance though? Surely this would be a alt corp thing where you commit your real resources to your own 0.0, where there are no NPC stations, or am I missing something?
It takes 2 minutes and 500k isk to get into the staging NPC station, so why not bring your highest sp character.

The second point: there's no real reason other than vanity to own structures in Pochven.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Are there referral codes anyone can post?

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
I personally like making 400+ mil an hour at pochven.

If there was another way to do it a simply as pochven that you could teach the krabswarm I. Pochven then maybe pochven would be less valuable to krabswarm. Until then it has huge strategic importance as I see it.

How else could us pubbies buy capitals

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

Are there referral codes anyone can post?

This is mine, you get a million sp and I get stuff too
https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=2cbe5d4b-959b-46db-9a08-d5b3e2083bb1

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

That's fair.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Threw another Stealth Bomber on the altar of Krab Beacons, thought for myself while the FC was saying "Kill Fighters, Kill Fighters" I got the bright idea to manual pilot away from anchor to try and shoot a bomb at fighters? Let's say it didn't work out well. Seems the response fleet from Pandemic Horde took a beating, sad I missed it. We definitely got cleared out but they paid for it.

https://br.evetools.org/related/30002841/202111020200

I can finally fly a T2 Sturmovik Purifier! These things costing 90mil a pop is a little eye watering as noob but god damnit these are cool ships and I love flying them. Interceptors and Assault Frigates are next, brief interlude to finish T2 Cormorants.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Hell yeah t2 frigates are the most fun you can have in this game.

I'm about to upgrade my Scanning Heron Response Fleet to a couple instalocking arazus and an astero-ceptor.

Gonna lose my blops on a conduit jump into a bait heron one day.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

For the past multiple weeks my eve playing hasn't meant logging in once per day to update market orders.

Can we please have a new war so I can start playing this awful game again.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What early skills should I start with?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Can't go wrong with shield, armor, engineering, and drone skills. I think there's beginner skillplans on the wiki.

Does the alliance have a newbee skillplan?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Can't go wrong with shield, armor, engineering, and drone skills. I think there's beginner skillplans on the wiki.

Does the alliance have a newbee skillplan?

No I mean like right now. I started working on missiles. The in game guide says repair but it's a red skill.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Feliday Melody posted:

Weapons upgrades/advanced weapons upgrades/anything else that drives cpu or power reductions so you can fit ships without having to sacrifice for rigs/mods

Propulsion skills that reduce cap usage and improve speed are always good and will benefit a wide variety of ships

Cheap weapon skills that align with stuff you currently use a lot

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Extended DT tomorrow.

Anyone having esi issues try again after that because this looks to be a CCProblem.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

If you can see the forums: goonivercity has a 60 day training plan for newbies

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

learnincurve posted:

If you can see the forums: goonivercity has a 60 day training plan for newbies

I don't have access yet but I make my way around space trying stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

I don't have access yet but I make my way around space trying stuff.

The career agents are fantastic for isk and knowledge, I would do the mining one and get the basic skills for a Venture mining frig. They give them out at home base and it’s a nice and easy set of skills to have.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

learnincurve posted:

The career agents are fantastic for isk and knowledge, I would do the mining one and get the basic skills for a Venture mining frig. They give them out at home base and it’s a nice and easy set of skills to have.

Alright I'll do that!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Feliday Melody posted:

anything related to flying a jackdaw is good

so shields, missile support, fitting stuff

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

None of them are relevant in lovely triangle space, it has no strategic import to the Imperium.

i can still think of many reasons to do so

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Feliday Melody posted:

No I mean like right now. I started working on missiles. The in game guide says repair but it's a red skill.

find a ship you would want to fly and train the requirements for it. jackdaws need caldari destroyer V which takes at least a month to train. My first T2 ship was an interceptor (though that was back when they were the best way to travel around), which needs frigate V in whichever empire you want (minmatar is my favorite).

There's also The Magic 14 which are skills that are useful for all ships

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
I like flying the astero as you can do exploring or fit it for covert ganking on other explorers

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

BIgDevine posted:

I like flying the astero as you can do exploring or fit it for covert ganking on other explorers

It's real good. Remember your drones get HP bonus, so use faction lights.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the astero is easily the coolest ship in the game. the bigger SoE ships look even cooler, but they aren't good enough to warrant their price.

an astero can also easily gank hecates as long as you don't let them scram you.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Stereotype posted:

the astero is easily the coolest ship in the game. the bigger SoE ships look even cooler, but they aren't good enough to warrant their price.

an astero can also easily gank hecates as long as you don't let them scram you.

It’s also a tad bit skill intensive for someone new. It’s what, a good two months on skill training to get on the hull and have mediocre drone skills?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
my combat chars are a decade old and still have mediocre drone skills

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sickening posted:

It’s also a tad bit skill intensive for someone new. It’s what, a good two months on skill training to get on the hull and have mediocre drone skills?

the astero hull is a super fast train, you just need like gallente and caldari frigate III or something super easy. but yeah, the long trains are for the covops cloak and good drone skills which are both pretty much required if you want to use it in any meaningful way.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Stereotype posted:

the astero hull is a super fast train, you just need like gallente and caldari frigate III or something super easy. but yeah, the long trains are for the covops cloak and good drone skills which are both pretty much required if you want to use it in any meaningful way.

It makes a bad assault frigate and a worse interceptor, but it's the second best covops in the game.

The concord one looks cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://br.evetools.org/br/6181ebc448564b0012a07f76

the krabhus in pochven died, and the goon eagles faceplanted when alterari disconnected on the warpin, but the sax fleet ripped their muninns to shreds. in the end the sax actually held the field because we were just deleting 2 hacs every five seconds until they left lol. 8 claymores killed with alpha damage.

fun fight