Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lots of mopey vampires from this set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Seems mid for a mythic

Yeah even with all the value stuff on the front side that P/T seems a bit low. The templating of that pump ability also kind of weird but flavor win I guess? Would've preferred something like:

- Each creature you control with deathtouch, flying, or lifelink gets +1/+0.
-1BB: Put a flying, deathtouch, or lifelink counter on target creature you control.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The edict on a stick might position it well for some standard matchups.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

resistentialism posted:

The edict on a stick might position it well for some standard matchups.

Yeah, this is what I mean by being the sort of card that might see early play but then gets edged out.

If you know you want an edict you just play Soul Shatter. If you don't know you want an edict, but you might want one, or you might want a 3/4 lifelinker to survive the next few turns, or you might want a creature that replaces itself and makes your opponent answer it ... this can fill that spot until the format gets more stable and you know exactly what you want.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm just glad we are getting zombies that don't have decayed on them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

This card design is actually really cool. This how I would prefer cards be created instead of ETB bullshit.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

that wording seems somewhat vague for the 1BB pump... seems like you'd need

1: both flying and deathtouch OR lifelink
2: (all three) flying, deathtouch, AND lifelink

I'm guessing it's suppose to mean any of the 3? or is my parsing the one they want... If it's suppose to mean that the creature could have any of the 3... why not put "any of these:" or "either" in front...

something like, "Each creature you control with either flying, deathtouch or lifelink [...]"

anyways.. the backside of the dracula version is hilarious: vampire dog

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Voltaic Visionary

{1}{R}

Creature - Human Wizard

Uncommon

{T}: Voltaic Visionary deals 2 damage to you. Exile the top card of your library. You can play that card in this turn. Activate only whenever you could cast a sorcery. When you play an exiled card with Voltaic missionary, transform Voltaic visionary.

3/1

Voltaic Berserker

Creature - Human Berserker

Voltaic Berserker can't block

4/3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sickening posted:

This card design is actually really cool. This how I would prefer cards be created instead of ETB bullshit.

I like the design but I wish it was a little cheaper or better P/T before transformation

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jiro posted:

I'm just glad we are getting zombies that don't have decayed on them.

Still waiting for a good one :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Boring

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I like the design but I wish it was a little cheaper or better P/T before transformation

Its a cmc more expensive because its a flexible card. If this was 3 cmc it would probably be too good.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Is the trample on the transformed side supposed to imply that he's stepping on his partner's feet? Because if so, A+ flavor.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Wizards should know that paying 4 mana for a 1/3 mythic that can be killed before it can do literally anything is pretty.....sad

I like the creativity in some of the design but a lot of it seems consciously blunted. But you never know, I think we were pretty underwhelmed by Kaldheim when it was unveiled and thought it was super wordy and then a bunch of the cards ended up impressing (after Eldraine rotated out lol)

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did we miss Odric or did he die?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Hero's Downfall implies he got vamp'd.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

fadam posted:

The new printing of Hero's Downfall has flavor text saying he got turned. I'm expecting a Vampire Odric card.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

This seems pretty good, tbh.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Sculptor of Winter seems strong with this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mat Cauthon posted:

This seems pretty good, tbh.

I think it's bad. The thing that doubles all your guys p/t is way more powerful if you're trying to play a 5 mana enchantment.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

"How about we design The Great Henge but bad?"

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The guys that make and repair fancy windows must do pretty well on Innistrad.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

E: Beaten

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This set is all over the goddamn place

https://twitter.com/SandwurmFood/status/1455559102315302918

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I just realized Change in Fortune tracks cards you’ve discarded before casting the spell, which makes it better than I originally thought.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Can't wait to make cuts for this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

whydirt posted:

I just realized Change in Fortune tracks cards you’ve discarded before casting the spell, which makes it better than I originally thought.

Ah you're right. I didn't catch that either.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

A good effect in this set that is not once per turn? Hell yeah get in

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

So do the people that Don't Get the rare not realise that you draw a card for every card you've discarded this turn, including ones from before casting it?

Like, even if there isn't a specific case for it right now, that's a really powerful effect that I think is unique?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

So do the people that Don't Get the rare not realise that you draw a card for every card you've discarded this turn, including ones from before casting it?

Like, even if there isn't a specific case for it right now, that's a really powerful effect that I think is unique?

It costs so much mana that any combo for it is wildly impractical and you might as well compare them apples to apples because that's the only context you're ever going to be casting them in outside of the funny formats.

It's very cool, but it should've cost 3 if they wanted it to do the thing it's built for

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Seems like it’d combo with blood tokens well.

Edit. 2r or instant speed seems like it would be way too strong. At the very least they should let you draw X+1 and make it up to that number of cards

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 2, 2021

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The theoretical use case for the rare is, in a deck that already generates lots of mana, casting it and wheeling into another one which draws twice as much to keep the chain going. I don’t think that’s a very powerful effect at that cost but I can at least theoretically see the point of it

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Change of Fortune is insane in Commander wheel decks. You'll end up drawing like 14+ cards minimum. That's where I think it finds its place.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dope card.

Long time since they've made a headless horseman card.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

It costs so much mana that any combo for it is wildly impractical and you might as well compare them apples to apples because that's the only context you're ever going to be casting them in outside of the funny formats.

It's very cool, but it should've cost 3 if they wanted it to do the thing it's built for

It’s a powerful effect that’s probably worth testing before writing it off imo.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Lone Goat posted:

It's ridiculously good in formats where you have the opportunity to wheel multiple times in a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Zombies definitely like to survive wipes.

AngryBooch posted:

The new printing of Hero's Downfall has flavor text saying he got turned. I'm expecting a Vampire Odric card.

I figure he'll be the main monowhite vampire.