Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

remembering this awesome information about trucks and truck owners

quote:

According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’ętre—once a year or less.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26907/you-dont-need-a-full-size-pickup-truck-you-need-a-cowboy-costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Meanwhile I'm loading my sedan down with straw bales, loose mulch, and loose compost multiple times a year. I have to line the trunk with a tarp and shovel it out when I get home.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"i NeEd A tRuCk"

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/andeps/status/1455549596663435270?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bagual posted:

ONLY

BUS

should be painted in every street

pls bus? NO CAR!! Only bus

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

drat lmao even in death, cars are still blocking bike lanes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

a good neighborhood would dump that wreck into the car lane

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/QAGreenways/status/1455327987075715077?s=20
https://twitter.com/QAGreenways/status/1455412761232437250?s=20

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

just walk in front of them really slowly and enjoy the knowledge you’re making some douche from yelm have a coronary simply by existing

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

that street is also connected to one of america’s only pedestrian scramble crossings and let me tell you nobody knows how to navigate that thing at all

Brainwreck
Mar 17, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
lmao

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/02/business/car-shortage-global-economy.html

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Brainwreck
Mar 17, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Vehicles with high profit margins like Ford F-150 or Chevy Silverado pickups “are continuing to get pumped out,” said Ram Kidambi, a partner at the consulting firm Kearney who is based in Detroit. “But vehicles that have lower margins are getting impacted, and therefore the work force there is getting impacted.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

In other news, how world peace the resulting decline in defense spending are putting the world's economy at risk

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

lobster shirt posted:

i live in texas and have bad news for you: new parking lots are absolutely accounting for gigantic vehicles by becoming even bigger. i drive a little car so it makes parking very easy for me at least lol
A couple assault vehicles are going to park on either side of you, completely obscuring your car from the traffic lane, and then another will ram you as they rush into the seemingly empty spot.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol i try to park at the very back of parking lots to avoid the scenario of having to back out blind because on either side of me are like 20 foot long trucks. dangerous! it sucks!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

lol i try to park at the very back of parking lots to avoid the scenario of having to back out blind because on either side of me are like 20 foot long trucks. dangerous! it sucks!

park at the back and take up 4 parking spots. bing bong

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/FullLaneFemme/status/1455216273529491465/photo/1

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

they like going over the curb. it's why they bought the truck -- to crush everything like a tank. but really they also probably weren't able to navigate that bog standard drive-through curve because their truck is too big for their driving skills

people in oversized SUVs and trucks will wave me through stops sometimes because they know they can't make a turn without coming into my lane

i absolutely loathe this type of truck, look how loving wide it is lmao

ridiculous poo poo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Doing a sick jump on my way to work

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Mayor Dave posted:

Doing a sick jump on my way to work

this was my first thought, before I thought to be mad about it.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I lold

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
curtis sliwa gets hit by a car

now this

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1455630088180051968

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

New Yorkers are the dumbest mother fuckers in the world.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

People that drive car are the dumbest mother fuckers in the world.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

New Yorkers are the dumbest mother fuckers in the world.

It's cool how there's also a bag of trash just lying on the sidewalk. Really rubs in NYCs opinion of pedestrians

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A van driver nearly ran over a girl crossing the street next to me this morning. She started crossing when there were no cars in sight, he came around a corner too fast, gunned it, and laid on the horn as he barely missed her. Pretty hosed up!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

drat lmao even in death, cars are still blocking bike lanes

i choose to believe someone torched it for parking in the bike lane

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Mr. Sharps has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Nov 4, 2021

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I’ve experienced this before

car brain is real and affects more people than you might expect. normalize car brain

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1455936573111947270?s=20

airbags deployed at 127mph. also a dog died

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how the gently caress do you get up to 156mph on a stroad

...how do you survive a collision at that speed

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I hate all internal combustion engines.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

There will be no jail time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Suplex Liberace posted:

There will absolutely be jail time for Ruggs. A minimum of 2 years and likely much more than that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dolphin posted:

how the gently caress do you get up to 156mph on a stroad

...how do you survive a collision at that speed

the woman and dog survived too. they died minutes later of smoke inhalation

Suplex Liberace posted:

Nevada laws don’t allow probation for a DUI that results in a death or a DUI that results in an injury (he’s being charged with both) I think mandatory minimum is 2 years

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

electric bikes are bad for the same reason

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
CAR killed a politician

https://www.sfchronicle.com/eastbay/article/Alameda-County-Supervisor-Wilma-Chan-struck-and-16590231.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
i recently got a bike after not being able to afford one or have a place to keep it for like 5 years

it's really nice to be riding again, but holy poo poo, oakland's streets are so completely hosed

i used to drive for work, and a former coworker of mine would joke with me that the streets are "booby trapped" because they're so confusing and randomly hosed up

on a bike, tho, i'm randomly having to jump over potholes and leftover rail tracks

if i'm not paying attention i could 86 a wheel real loving quick

broken glass and random trash loving everywhere

whatever, it's fun for me in a weird way even though it's totally hosed. hail satan! :yeeclaw:

also RIP it's pretty gut wrenching to think that lady and dog are dead, what a loving catastrophe because dude wanted to go fast or whatever