Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

Spoilers for the spinoff comic we'll get to eventually: Dr. Flan's hypothesis is entirely correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
get his rear end, mr. bridge ornament

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Chako is way too easy going about lobotomising sentient creatures.

I find it extremely off-putting.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

CommonShore posted:

See I actually appreciate what Mark Trail is doing with these weird cadres of enviro spies and crack teams of homey country gardeners squaring off against HOAs and the like. It's still early but she's managing to rough out a fun and distinctive setting.

Same! It seems appropriate that Rivera’s Trail is based physically off of Jon Hamm, because overall her plot style reminds me of the breezy absurdity of a Tina Fey comedy like 30 Rock, or Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "354 - Jucika Screams Back"

"355 - Jucika In Sandals"

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Died! November 20, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True December 19, 1918

Gay and Her Gang December 16, 1929

Oaky Doaks May 19, 1936

Mopsy July 27, 1937

Up Front August 30, 1944

Dark Laughter February 4, 1950

Those Were the Days January 17, 1957

Wee Pals February 8, 1966

Dogbert August 3, 1966

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

quote:

:rubby:

I hope you die screaming you miserable gently caress! :argh:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Feb 17, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 3-4, 1990)

You know you might get better results if you actually played with him. Just saying.

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

This is going so wild.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Green Intern posted:

This is going so wild.

Wrasslin doesn't really have mascots so it's extra weird.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (February 28, 1934)

Peanuts (November 4, 1974)

Oh, More of THIS poo poo, I See.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire: Of course Breezy's off her game. Not only is her daughter talking now, but she's showing organizational skills you don't get this early in pre-K.

Thimble Theater (June 2, 1938)

Out Our Way (September 6-8, 1937; spoilered for the usual reasons.)

Toonerville Folks (April 15-17, 1918)

Dok's Dippy Informant (November 5, 1913)

Little Lefty (August 1-3, 1935)

Blondie (From Zero), in which Our Heroine keeps time with a guy who tried to sell her a subscription to the Daily Worker. (April 16-18, 1931)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

EasyEW posted:

Oh, More of THIS poo poo, I See.

Does the Pizza Box Monster do anything harmful? It seems like he shows up, spooks around a bit, and leaves.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Wrasslin doesn't really have mascots so it's extra weird.
you're watching the wrong wrestling
https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1097013691948589056

Bogor

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

EasyEW posted:

Dok's Dippy Informant (November 5, 1913)

does dok's duck ever go back to not being racist?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

PBM flustered a Boomer and must not escape justice.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

lmao as if college students dont pirate all of their textbooks in 2021

...actually luann would be the kind of person who doesnt pirate textbooks

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Not only does she not pirate her textbooks, she buys all of them new from the campus bookstore instead of at least finding a used copy online.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hehe, yeah, you'd have to be a goddamn idiot completely unfamiliar with money and the real world to do that, and especially not return them at the end of the semester because the lines are long and you're tired...

:smithicide:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

No Rae the Doe just yet!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1096539308914237440

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

gently caress you Dethany, she's been as bad if not worse than this before and you didn't give a poo poo, don't go acting all upset now.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (January 27, 2010)

Arlo and Janis Classic (January 27, 2000)

Garfield Classic (January 27, 1990)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/1/01

Satchel is a John Cena fan.

Coulrophobia Starr 7/7-9/47

Does that clown in the corner actually have fangs?

Smokey Stover 3/26/44

Lots of heating jokes lately for March. I wonder if spring 1944 was exceptionally cold.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 2, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I'm surprised nobody's commented on the second most complained-about Far Side after Cow Tools. Larson claims (and I believe him) that he just drew a dog triumphing over a vanquished car, then added a mechanically-correct bulge on the car's undercarriage. He thought no more about it til a friend phone him up to say what a funny strip, and he knew he had made a terrible mistake.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm surprised nobody's commented on the second most complained-about Far Side after Cow Tools. Larson claims (and I believe him) that he just drew a dog triumphing over a vanquished car, then added a mechanically-correct bulge on the car's undercarriage. He thought no more about it til a friend phone him up to say what a funny strip, and he knew he had made a terrible mistake.

"Impossible, my strips are never funny!"

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 18, 1948)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

100 Demons: Girlness

Childhood is Hell

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm actually impressed Scottand Borgman took the time to look up a real dorm at Notre Dame. Doesn't really look like you can just drive up to it though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

duz posted:

Oh good, one of today's Far Side strips is one of those strip. One of the ones that received a ton of letters cause they misunderstood it.
If anyone here hasn't read The Far Side before, what do you think it happening in it?

Maybe cause I first saw it as a kid, I never thought anything untowards about it.

I knew exactly what this was going to be before I hovered. And yes, I also had to have the problem explained to me in the Prehistory book.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

I really love Wallace's costume here.

Murdstone posted:

Was it posted in here that Billingsley won the Reuben Award this year? He's the first Black man to win.

I meant to respond to this when I posted Valiant this morning. I'm glad he won - he deserves it. Curtis is pretty safe-newspaper-comic bland a lot of the time, but Billingsley is a really talented cartoonist. I always like the Kwanzaa stories when he does them, since it gives him a reason to do stuff outside of the usual mold of the strip.

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News

Now this is the sporting event for me!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Spud, speaking from personal experience, that is ideal kilt weather.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Medenmath posted:

I meant to respond to this when I posted Valiant this morning. I'm glad he won - he deserves it. Curtis is pretty safe-newspaper-comic bland a lot of the time, but Billingsley is a really talented cartoonist. I always like the Kwanzaa stories when he does them, since it gives him a reason to do stuff outside of the usual mold of the strip.
:agreed: on all counts.

F Minus

Mark Trail

CommonShore posted:

See I actually appreciate what Mark Trail is doing with these weird cadres of enviro spies and crack teams of homey country gardeners squaring off against HOAs and the like. It's still early but she's managing to rough out a fun and distinctive setting.
I like new Mark Trail, I am just annoyed by the 'pancakes are great' running joke, and probably only because it's identical to the Rip Haywire running joke.

It's a really petty thing for me to harp on though. I like some MT strips more than others but I generally like what Jules is doing.

Mary Worth

Hey, the dog did his job and got the door open for you with Carol. You are the one that hosed it up, Wilbur.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Happy 4/20 Professor.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"He's always late with his half of the rent, I have to nag him to do the chores, and his cooking is terrible."

maltesh fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 2, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: All's well that ends well (1936/01)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wow the guy getting a dog cause it'd be a chick magnet is gonna end up giving it to a shelter cause he's a dipshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

MariusLecter posted:

Wow the guy getting a dog cause it'd be a chick magnet is gonna end up giving it to a shelter cause he's a dipshit?

Here's hoping Estelle takes the dog in and still rejects Wilbur. Maybe she and the hot veterinarian can move in together outside Charterstone and live a happily Wilbur-free life!