Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Every Saudi wears white. Period. Full stop.

Might be a reason for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

To better hide the cum stains

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FreudianSlippers posted:

To better hide the cum stains

I always get called out for my poo poo posting but, sure okay.

I don't use the report button and I hope you don't either. It's just a weird slip.

But honestly why would you say that?

Saudi Arabia is a horrible country on par with the US of A but?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Black has better emissivity than white. White has better reflectivity. Given that the suits have to get rid of the body's heat, not just the sun's, black makes some sense. I mean, the stillsuits are a physical impossibility anyway but if you want to handwave a color for them black will do nicely.
There's no inherent relationship between absorbance of visible light and emittance of IR light. Heat rejecting paints on satellites, for example, are typically visually white but emit lots of IR for their temperature

Book Fremen have a switchable absorb/emit robe over their stillsuits, and don't go out in the day if they can help it anyway.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing some day-scenes-with-blue-filters in part 2. I mean that unironically, by the way, it's the best way to film night scenes and looked really good in Fury Road

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Panfilo posted:

Why are the sandworms territorial? They seem like filter feeders that just sift through sand all day. What the hell do they need to fight over?

They need a shitload of sand to worm through to feed every day I imagine and any other sandworm is competition for that.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

They're not territorial, they've just got to keep on top of cleansing the world.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Every Saudi wears white. Period. Full stop.

Might be a reason for it.

I mean, just look at Lawrence.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I always get called out for my poo poo posting but, sure okay.

I don't use the report button and I hope you don't either. It's just a weird slip.

But honestly why would you say that?

Saudi Arabia is a horrible country on par with the US of A but?

I can't believe someone would shitpost in PYF, the holiest of God's subforums

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
My main problem with every single Dune adaption so far is that they all have the Baron Harkonnen floating around in the air like an idiot. The Baron Harkonnen does not float! The suspensors simply decrease his weight enough for him to walk.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

It's not like that would stop people from doing it.

kicking over the candles and scuffing holes in my circle of warding while shouting "I refuse to live in fear!" as the demon looks on bewildered

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

SimonChris posted:

My main problem with every single Dune adaption so far is that they all have the Baron Harkonnen floating around in the air like an idiot. The Baron Harkonnen does not float! The suspensors simply decrease his weight enough for him to walk.

Nobodys going to pay to see a fat dude waddle, they're here to see a blimp fly. The 2021 version also wisely excises his depraved homosexual nature.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It kinda bugged me that they chose the single most brutal and heat retaining fabric color for the still suits, but yet when they show the fremen in armor, oh poo poo it's sand colored.
It's not like there are people here on Earth living in the desert and dressing in dark :v:

(Apparently it's better against UV radiation?)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.nature.com/articles/283373a0

According to Nature, the extra heat from the black fabric never reaches the skin and causes convection by making the air rise.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Maybe it’s just because a significant amount of the cast of Lawrence of Arabia are dressed in black robes?

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
When Venom talks it's often internal and he's not speaking out loud but sometimes he's also moving his mouth while that is happening and I'm not sure if it was lovely dubbing in the version I saw or what's supposed to be going on

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Both the Lynch DUNE and new DUNC needed more of the ominous piano, militaristic drums and orchestra that peak with the guitar riff and vocals in the Big Battle track by TOTO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9UcKj7Dxo

Man even before clicking the link I ran through the whole track in my head, probably 20 years since I saw Lynch Dune. Iconic music.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SimonChris posted:

Non-reader here, but it looked really cool.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

SimonChris posted:

https://www.nature.com/articles/283373a0

According to Nature, the extra heat from the black fabric never reaches the skin and causes convection by making the air rise.

I'm going to bake a cake in my rear end.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

When Venom talks it's often internal and he's not speaking out loud but sometimes he's also moving his mouth while that is happening and I'm not sure if it was lovely dubbing in the version I saw or what's supposed to be going on

I only recall Venom's mouth moving when he's in full outer symbiote mode. Otherwise he's supposed to be inner dialogue with Eddie.

I guess it counts as an IIMM, but at the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage Venom says his knowledge of the universe is so vast thanks to the symbiote hivemind that he can shift between multiverses. I hope that is explained because :wtf:.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I only recall Venom's mouth moving when he's in full outer symbiote mode. Otherwise he's supposed to be inner dialogue with Eddie.

I guess it counts as an IIMM, but at the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage Venom says his knowledge of the universe is so vast thanks to the symbiote hivemind that he can shift between multiverses. I hope that is explained because :wtf:.

You might have missed a tiny bit of dialogue:

Eddie asks what happened, and Venom says it wasn't him, he hadn't given Eddie any of the knowledge yet. I'm going to assume it will be answered next month in Spider-man: No Way Home.

Though I'm also curious why, seemingly out of nowhere, Venom already has some weird hate-attraction to Spider-Man going on. Licking the TV when he was on it and all. Venom/Eddie hates Spider-Man in the comics for ruining his career, and in the symbiote's case, for rejecting him and not wanting to bond to him anymore. I guess maybe this Venom has some weird "80 billion years" of collective memory to understand he needs to hate him? I guess? It's self-aware in some capacity?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DrBouvenstein posted:

You might have missed a tiny bit of dialogue:

Eddie asks what happened, and Venom says it wasn't him, he hadn't given Eddie any of the knowledge yet. I'm going to assume it will be answered next month in Spider-man: No Way Home.

Though I'm also curious why, seemingly out of nowhere, Venom already has some weird hate-attraction to Spider-Man going on. Licking the TV when he was on it and all. Venom/Eddie hates Spider-Man in the comics for ruining his career, and in the symbiote's case, for rejecting him and not wanting to bond to him anymore. I guess maybe this Venom has some weird "80 billion years" of collective memory to understand he needs to hate him? I guess? It's self-aware in some capacity?

Ah I missed that dialogue part. I should watch that movie again. I liked it. :)

My guess is since we're dealing with multiverses there is a universe that is the Marvel 616 & the events in the comics did occur. Or since we see Alfred Molina Doctor Octopus the Tobey Maguire universe is in play where Venom was part of it… in Spider-Man 3.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Did I mishear that or did Venom in that scene say that his hive mind memory is measured in light years, a unit for measuring distances

There was definitely at least one moment during the fight at the end, I think after some rubble fell on him

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

MariusLecter posted:

Both the Lynch DUNE and new DUNC needed more of the ominous piano, militaristic drums and orchestra that peak with the guitar riff and vocals in the Big Battle track by TOTO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9UcKj7Dxo
I liked the decision to use bagpipes in the new Atreides theme.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zero_Grade posted:

I liked the decision to use bagpipes in the new Atreides theme.

Yeah it was pretty good.

And it makes sense, year 10,000 and all, that bagpipes are the one instrument that is completely unchanged from when they first came out of the Scottish Highlands. After all, how do you improve on perfection?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Dude on Salusa Secundus was clearly playing a theremin.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I liked the moment of them stepping out of the ship on Arrakis lead by a bagpiper. It really cemented in that these people don't belong here and this place is totally alien to them.

also it was some stupid silly ceremonial thing like the aforementioned gargantuan imperial ship carrying at most two dozen people across the galaxy for one of them to read something of a piece of paper as a formality.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I liked the moment of them stepping out of the ship on Arrakis lead by a bagpiper. It really cemented in that these people don't belong here and this place is totally alien to them.

also it was some stupid silly ceremonial thing like the aforementioned gargantuan imperial ship carrying at most two dozen people across the galaxy for one of them to read something of a piece of paper as a formality.

With a bloody big rug on the spaceship ramp.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah that was the best part.

Just a completely pointless display of opulence.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

My guess is since we're dealing with multiverses there is a universe that is the Marvel 616 & the events in the comics did occur. Or since we see Alfred Molina Doctor Octopus the Tobey Maguire universe is in play where Venom was part of it… in Spider-Man 3.
My personal dumb theory with the upcoming Spider-Man movie (that was originally a joke) is that all of the movies happened now. What does that mean? How is that possible? Magic rewriting the multiverse; don't think about it or worry about it. Just know that now in the Marvel Multiverse, Tom Holland did reject the symbiote and ruin Eddie Brock's career and fail to save Gwen Stacy and create Electro and so on an so on. Aside from laying out that somehow Palpatine returned, the exact specifics of what any of it means will not be explored or answered or dealt with; they will just let future movie makers pick and choose the 'fun stuff' that they want from every movie that they own now.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

My personal dumb theory with the upcoming Spider-Man movie (that was originally a joke) is that all of the movies happened now. What does that mean? How is that possible? Magic rewriting the multiverse; don't think about it or worry about it. Just know that now in the Marvel Multiverse, Tom Holland did reject the symbiote and ruin Eddie Brock's career and fail to save Gwen Stacy and create Electro and so on an so on. Aside from laying out that somehow Palpatine returned, the exact specifics of what any of it means will not be explored or answered or dealt with; they will just let future movie makers pick and choose the 'fun stuff' that they want from every movie that they own now.

They will do something even dumber probably.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They should tie all three of the cinematic spider-man multiverses into a single big multiverse.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They should tie all three of the cinematic spider-man multiverses into a single big multiverse.

if you don't think they're going to try this and shoehorn in a scene with tom holland, andrew garfield, toby mcguire and animated miles morales all pointing at each other like that one meme then idk what to tell you

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Imagine remembering you don't have your suit on, just after blowing a massive liquid dump out.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I was hoping that was about spiderman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw Last Night in Soho and something kind of bugs me about the ending. Namely how all the visions were what actually happened except for the one that sets up the twist ending. That one is a lie for some reason.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Watched Blade with the 4k remaster, and I can't believe they didn't fix that scene with the ambulance. My god, it's a remaster, that's when you fix the broke poo poo people. Now it's just even easier to see!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

muscles like this! posted:

Saw Last Night in Soho and something kind of bugs me about the ending. Namely how all the visions were what actually happened except for the one that sets up the twist ending. That one is a lie for some reason.

Maybe they weren't all true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
On Last Night in Soho, did the policeman who talks in entirely shady phrases know that Sandy killed all those people? He seemed to be all about 'oh yeah she killed old sandy and is in hell' or something but running a little room rental and living relatively comfortably while not getting caught or feeling guilt over mass murders seems pretty ok.

Also, I feel more should have come from Ellie nearly stabbing somebody in the face with big ol scissors