Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

welcome posted:

Got the month right but didn't account for it leaving on the 15th, thought I had two more weeks. At roughly 3 whole hours in, don't think I'm going to finish it.

Oh well. I suppose I'd better start XII sometime before it definitely leaves gamepass on February 15th.

I just started XII today and it holds up really well. LB lets you speed time up which is extremely handy because the early game battles are really basic as you only have autoattacks, and there's a fair bit of running from A-B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

John F Bennett posted:

I wonder what the chances are for RDR2 getting a remastered version or an FPS boost. I'm thinking of buying it again next time it's on sale, bought it for PS4 when it came out.
there's been a fresh bunch of new rumors that it's in the works, for whatever that's worth

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It seems 100% likely, even if Rockstar somehow implodes before then.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Bardeh posted:

I just started XII today and it holds up really well. LB lets you speed time up which is extremely handy because the early game battles are really basic as you only have autoattacks, and there's a fair bit of running from A-B.

Once you start using the time skip you won't ever go back except maybe for boss battles, and wonder how people managed to play through the original version being so slow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Preinstalling FH5... I can taste it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have no doubt FH5 will be fun but isn't it basically just one new big map DLC? Are there any modes/features announced that are actually new to the franchise?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Roman posted:

there's been a fresh bunch of new rumors that it's in the works, for whatever that's worth

The rumors seem to be mostly about RDR1 which is reportedly in development. I just bought RDR2 anyway and I have to say that the 30fps doesn't really bother me for this one. This game looks amazing on a 4K OLED.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

I have no doubt FH5 will be fun but isn't it basically just one new big map DLC? Are there any modes/features announced that are actually new to the franchise?

The footage so far at least looked a bit more “next gen” then fh4 did on current consoles. So not really no

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah, there’s a 5 in the name instead of a 4. Duh.

Joking aside, the new graphics engine looks a whole lot better than 4. There’s probably a new mode or 2? I can’t wait.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Isn't every racing game just a new map and new cars compared to other racing games?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fh4 was excellent, so 5 being that with a new, bigger map and more varied and in-depth seasonal and weather stuff is really all i want from it

also a dlc on-par with fh3's hot wheels dlc would be rad i guess

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Very excited for the gameplay of Forza Horizon 4 without seasons and in a setting that doesn't suck rear end

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I think they showed something like that in the initial E3 trailer? Like a Stadium area with a full on Halo Forge-style custom track/game mode system?

TheScott2K posted:

Very excited for the gameplay of Forza Horizon 4 without seasons and in a setting that doesn't suck rear end
Seasons are confirmed to be back, but weather effects won't effect the entire map and will effect different areas differently.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheScott2K posted:

it still has seasons, but done better, with seasons affecting different biomes differently. summer is the rainy season, so the desert will have rivers that only run in the summer, winter is dry season so those rivers will be gone and water levels elsewhere will drop and the foliage will appear drier and the volcano will be snowy, etc.

it sounds and looks fuckin awesome and makes me think all the people wishing it was set in japan are all a bunch of fuckin weirdos

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it still has seasons, but done better, with seasons affecting different biomes differently. summer is the rainy season, so the desert will have rivers that only run in the summer, winter is dry season so those rivers will be gone and water levels elsewhere will drop and the foliage will appear drier and the volcano will be snowy, etc.

it sounds and looks fuckin awesome and makes me think all the people wishing it was set in japan are all a bunch of fuckin weirdos

The idea of bodies of water mattering when one of the major map areas for online dicking about last game was a massive lake you could drive on regardless of season is very funny.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

fh4 was excellent, so 5 being that with a new, bigger map and more varied and in-depth seasonal and weather stuff is really all i want from it

This, but replace Hot Wheels with Blizzard Mountain :colbert:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

njsykora posted:

The idea of bodies of water mattering when one of the major map areas for online dicking about last game was a massive lake you could drive on regardless of season is very funny.

but you couldn't drive very far out onto the lake in any season but winter :confused:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't know if they patched that but you could absolutely drive across the entire lake at launch.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

njsykora posted:

I don't know if they patched that but you could absolutely drive across the entire lake at launch.

You are probably misremembering, you could drive across a bit of water to get to one of the islands but you have never been able to drive across the entire lake in any season except winter.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah this is my one huge deal breaker of fh4. England loving sucks

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Laserface posted:

Yeah this is my one huge deal breaker of fh4. England loving sucks

It's literally entirely Scotland.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Isn't every racing game just a new map and new cars compared to other racing games?

Even then all of the big racing games tend to overlap big time in content. Everyone pretty much uses the exact same cars and tracks. Forza series tends to be the stand out.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yes the Mexico setting looks dope as hell but Japan would also be incredibly good as a setting, bring back the Metropolis Street Racer vibes.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Thom12255 posted:

It's literally entirely Scotland.

The Lake District and Cotswalds are literally not part of Scotland.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Magic Mango posted:

The Lake District and Cotswalds are literally not part of Scotland.

Not yet.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

What is the best fight stick for the series X? I have a PS3 Street Fighter 4 tournament stick but I don’t think it would work. Preferable would like one that works on X, PS5, and PC but that may not be a thing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

loudog999 posted:

What is the best fight stick for the series X? I have a PS3 Street Fighter 4 tournament stick but I don’t think it would work. Preferable would like one that works on X, PS5, and PC but that may not be a thing.

Off the shelf, there aren't any sticks that do both PS5 and Series, but I think you can get some universal boards that you can swap into most sticks that'll allow it.

For Series X specifically, I think the Fighting Stick α is the only stick that's fully certified for it. I think regular XB1 sticks will also work fine but there aren't a whole lot of those because tournaments were all PS4 except for Killer Instinct (Hori has one and so does Razer, not sure what other options exist).

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

loudog999 posted:

I love the Hori RAP sticks.
I have 2 of them, one PS3 and one PS3/4. I got a Brook adapter from amazon for something like $18 from their warehouse sale a while back. They work perfectly.
Not sure about PS5 compatibility since I don't have one of those monstrosities.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Qaanba drone is the best entry level stick right now. Their obsidian is among the best top of the line ones too. May need a xbox adapter to make them work tho.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Psychonauts 2 just got an 8GB update.

https://thenerdstash.com/psychonauts-2-november-2-update-patch-notes/

quote:

New Features

Bonus Psychoseismometer unlocked in Otto’s lab after finishing Gisu’s quest, making it possible to unlock enemy achievements during post-game state.
Check marks appear in location selection menus to indicate if all collectibles in a location have been found.
Otto-Spot photo filter to show collectibles in the Otto-Shot photo mode.
Show all available figments in the figment viewer menu even if you haven’t found them yet.
Bugs Fixed

General stability improvements for all platforms.
Improve environmental collision to prevent player and objects rarely falling through walls and floors.
Fix issues related to fall death and water curse, and preventing them from being broken if interrupted by a cutscene.
Fix duplicate characters and stray animation appearing in some cutscenes.
Fix issue that could cause flickering around objects submerged in water.
Improve save checkpoints to prevent the player’s save data getting into a bad state.
Improve photo mode stability.
Expand the mental health advisory message.
HUD improvements to prevent extra health brains from appearing.
Improve PS4 version’s resolution and stability on PS5.
Pause PC version when controller is unplugged.
Standardize PC controls between cutscenes and dialogue trees.
Improve xCloud streaming touch controls.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Unpacking is extremely Zen and I'm loving it

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

otter posted:

I love the Hori RAP sticks.
I have 2 of them, one PS3 and one PS3/4. I got a Brook adapter from amazon for something like $18 from their warehouse sale a while back. They work perfectly.
Not sure about PS5 compatibility since I don't have one of those monstrosities.

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H1SYGWV/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_M08JB44JMWQNVZNB3JQ8

I would prefer to use the one I have. It’s a ps3 version but a guy that I worked with at the time was a huge fight game guy and he said he modded it with some type of parts that were better than stock. Just want to make sure it will work in my X, I would be more worried about the PS5 if it had any games.

Edit: I have the Mayflash Magic NS, any chance that will work on the X? I know I could just try for myself but I’m at work and wondering about this stuff helps get me through the day.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 2, 2021

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

loudog999 posted:

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H1SYGWV/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_M08JB44JMWQNVZNB3JQ8

I would prefer to use the one I have. It’s a ps3 version but a guy that I worked with at the time was a huge fight game guy and he said he modded it with some type of parts that were better than stock. Just want to make sure it will work in my X, I would be more worried about the PS5 if it had any games.

Edit: I have the Mayflash Magic NS, any chance that will work on the X? I know I could just try for myself but I’m at work and wondering about this stuff helps get me through the day.

Similar to that, yes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WJ1HONE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this is the one I got but it was way cheaper. that was just a few weeks ago too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is there any other games on Xbox like Forgotten City? I absolutely loved it. I've played Obra Dinn and Outer Wilds!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a German word for the feeling of satisfaction you get from finishing a game (or anything, really) that you love but you're simultaneously sad that it's over?

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

is there any other games on Xbox like Forgotten City? I absolutely loved it. I've played Obra Dinn and Outer Wilds!

Same question. I got 2 of the 4 endings last night and I'm going to grab the other two tonight. It's my GOTY.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Playing Forbidden City and Psychonauts 2 for a measly €10… gamepass… stays winning

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I'm really glad so many people are checking out The Forgotten City! It's such a wonderful game and I don't feel like it got the attention it deserved when it launched.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Forgotten City is such a pleasant surprise. It reminds me of the Journeyman Project series in a lot of ways, and now I'm outraged that they stopped making TJP games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Toaster Beef posted:

Unpacking is extremely Zen and I'm loving it

It's extremely not zen when you don't realize what the object is supposed to be. Those anime bike figurines won't go anyplace I have toys and other figurines! ...because they are actually shoes.

Those were a couple of embarrassing minutes.