Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sorry, redraft

What does the rest of your team look like, because in redraft I don't really see a reason to make the trade unless you really need Jefferson or you have inside knowledge of the Denver running game. It is essentially swapping a top 5 RB for a top 10? WR and a ~ rank 30 RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Pain of Mind posted:

What does the rest of your team look like, because in redraft I don't really see a reason to make the trade unless you really need Jefferson or you have inside knowledge of the Denver running game. It is essentially swapping a top 5 RB for a top 10? WR and a ~ rank 30 RB.

QB: Lamar
RB: Ekeler, Swift, Hunt, Mattison, DJ
WR: Deebo, Woods, Ridley (RIP), Marvin, Kirk, Bateman
TE: Fant

Start 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 WRT

Maybe I'm just being spooked by the Ridley news, but I'd love to get another stable high end WR option. I like Javonte is a RB3 with big upside if Gordon gets hurt or traded and have been trying to acquire him for a while, but this guy needs RB help so there's no reason to move Javonte unless I'm sending him a back.

Also maybe he's fine but Swift's groin injury being talked about every week makes me nervous.

I'm about to be 8-0 so I should probably just let it ride but trading is fun.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sourdough posted:

I'm going to lose to the guy who autodrafted and hasn't touched his team all year and started Russ on IR and Mark Andrews on bye :negative:

Buttkicker making two field goals sealed it, fuckin hell

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm about to be 8-0 so I should probably just let it ride but trading is fun.

Don’t galaxy brain yourself out of a championship

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Had a huge upset over the league leader after what was a weirdly low scoring week for all the teams. Brings me up to 0.500 :whatup:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

6-2 in main league, 2 games up in my division :woop:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I lost two more games by less than a point :negative:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I’m with you. Lost a game by .08, literally needed one more yard from Booker last night.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

On my main league (12 man) I’m now leading 7-1 with the majority of my byes already covered which has been my strongest showing in a long time.

In my work 10 man league we have a SEVEN team tie at 5-3 over two divisions. The road to playoffs on this one is going to be a bloodbath.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

How does this even happen? And so consistently? My league must be outliers.

In our dynasty league we've had 1 game all year that was within 3 points. The next closest was 6 or 7.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spermy Smurf posted:

In our dynasty league we've had 1 game all year that was within 3 points. The next closest was 6 or 7.

My main league had two matches come within 2 points this week and across the season (including these 2) we’ve had 5 games come within 3 points. these are the best games especially when the winner crawls past off the Monday night game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spermy Smurf posted:

I wish I knew. I've lost like 7 games by less than a point this year (across 4 leagues) and won 1.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I wish I knew. I've lost like 7 games by less than a point this year (across 4 leagues) and won 1.

In year one of dynasty leagues, the margin of victory in 50% of wins is greater than the average weekly score of the top player.

I'd imagine redraft looks similar.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What's Antonio Gibson's deal? Is there any chance he'll heal up by the end of the season? I wonder if he's worth a trade with the playoffs in mind.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I am 5-3 scoring high every week and I think this is my best chance at a trophy in probably 10 years in my college buddy league. Now I need to start preparing emotionally for my inevitable eleventh hour downfall.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I am 5-3 scoring high every week and I think this is my best chance at a trophy in probably 10 years in my college buddy league. Now I need to start preparing emotionally for my inevitable eleventh hour downfall.

This is me. 5-3 in my main keeper league (I usually came in close to last over the previous 11 years), first place in a goon league and first in a bragging rights family league. I’m usually terrible at this so I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing and await my eventual catastrophic demise.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

dkj posted:

Don’t galaxy brain yourself out of a championship

I'm going to write this down on a post-it and stick it to my forehead, I am 7-1 with some busted teams ahead of me in schedule, but I'm also in a league that likes to trade A LOT and it's fun to get caught up in it. I also like to overspend on each week's waiver wire adds just to make it difficult for other teams to have them.

But I am a constant tinkerer and have borked great teams in the past this way. Like over-kneading the bread dough. I need to just set the lineup and ride. Be zen.

(I have made two incredibly lucky trades this year, offloading Chris Carson and Calvin Ridley before they exited the game indefinitely)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vargo posted:

But I am a constant tinkerer and have borked great teams in the past this way. Like over-kneading the bread dough. I need to just set the lineup and ride. Be zen.

I think this is the lesson I need to take from this season too. I had a possible championship winner and blew it by flipping assets too early.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm 8-1 in my main weirdo keeper-dynasty league, 10 man PPR. I am rostering both CMC and Henry who are both now dead, but hopefully CMC comes back.

I have TJ Hockenson on BYE this week, which of these benchwarmers should I drop to grab a TE?

RB: Hubbard, M Davis, A Mattison, Z Moss, AD
WR: J Landry, K Golloday

I feel like it's one of the handcuffs, maybe Mattison?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm 5-3 and in 3rd out of 10. I've still got my worst bye week ahead of me though.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

5-3 in my main league.

Very nearly ran into a circumstance for the second time this season where I would've held a lead into overtime of Monday Night Football and likely would've lost if the Chiefs got possession. If Logan Ryan made literally one more tackle I would've lost. Last time it was Blankenship missing 2 kicks late which helped lead to overtime and Hollywood Brown putting me away

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

shirts and skins posted:

What's Antonio Gibson's deal? Is there any chance he'll heal up by the end of the season? I wonder if he's worth a trade with the playoffs in mind.

I am not counting on it so I am close to just trying to flip him myself.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think Gibson’s health wouldn’t affect the coaching decisions being made, Rivera committed to McKissic being the third down/2-minute guy from game 2 on and hasn’t wavered. I don’t see him suddenly changing because Gibson had a week off.

Plus with Heinicke being not good and the defence being a shadow of itself I don’t think the opportunity for big games is there for Gibson even if he was fully healthy and they wanted to feature him.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just got this offer in PPR redraft:
My Henderson
for
Edmonds
Hubbard (I have CMC)
Cousins (I don't really want him but could use him this week for Brady's BYE)

My other RBs are: Boston Scott, Collins, DJ, CMC and J. Wilson (IR)

I've been taking less than 5 points at RB2 every week so I'm considering it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I knew we should've put a bonus on players getting charged / arrested in my league (Ruggs)

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the highest scoring manager by total PF in my Big Money League is in 7th place. this is just a dumb game some times, all you can do is your best and have a good time.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone here still alive in our FA survivor league? Trying to figure out who the elusive 6th remaining person is.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Who is the FA pickup, Peterson or McNichols? 1PPR if it matters.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ideally neither, but I’d lean AP.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I’m going in for McNichols. He’s looked good when he’s been in and can catch passes. There’s a possibility the Titans flip and go pass heavy since they have a decent QB and two elite receivers and McNichols could be the check down option. They probably know they can’t replace Henry and their defense isn’t good enough to stick to a run heavy offense. But you never know with NFL coaches.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Would you guys ship off Gibson for a late first and late second in 12 team dynasty SF?

Looking like a rebuild type of year and Gibson has been pretty disappointing. Wondering if selling low is a good option in case the bottom falls out or WFT drafts an RB. I picked him up for a third anyways in the 2020 rookie draft...

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Just checked Faabtastic and lol there's seriously experts saying to spend 80, 90, 100% of your FAAB on Adrian loving Peterson's 36 year old knees.

Meanwhile, Boston Scott, is there anything there worth going hard on? I'm in a league of Eagles homers so I'd probably need to bid 15%+ to get him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

Would you guys ship off Gibson for a late first and late second in 12 team dynasty SF?

Looking like a rebuild type of year and Gibson has been pretty disappointing. Wondering if selling low is a good option in case the bottom falls out or WFT drafts an RB. I picked him up for a third anyways in the 2020 rookie draft...

I wouldn’t let him go for that price, no.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

In 12 team PPR Dynasty I would be really dumb to ship Cook & Mattison off for a 2022 first, 2023 2nd, and Zach Ertz, right? I'm 1-7 with a good young core but probably wont be competing till Cook is cooked at age 28 so I'm looking to move on, but thats just way too low. I talked about this briefly earlier in the thread and I've also done some research and the going rate for just Cook would be two firsts but I guess I like to post and sound things out. They'd be late picks too because the guy is #1 in scoring and only has a loss or two.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

In 12 team PPR Dynasty I would be really dumb to ship Cook & Mattison off for a 2022 first, 2023 2nd, and Zach Ertz, right? I'm 1-7 with a good young core but probably wont be competing till Cook is cooked at age 28 so I'm looking to move on, but thats just way too low. I talked about this briefly earlier in the thread and I've also done some research and the going rate for just Cook would be two firsts but I guess I like to post and sound things out. They'd be late picks too because the guy is #1 in scoring and only has a loss or two.

For a contender, i'd be asking for about 2 1sts to start for Cook/Mattison. Ertz would be useless for you in that trade as a rebuild

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Vargo posted:

Just checked Faabtastic and lol there's seriously experts saying to spend 80, 90, 100% of your FAAB on Adrian loving Peterson's 36 year old knees.

Meanwhile, Boston Scott, is there anything there worth going hard on? I'm in a league of Eagles homers so I'd probably need to bid 15%+ to get him.

That’s insane. It doesn’t matter who the guy is they’re not going to put up anywhere near Henry’s production. Even both together won’t be near what Henry did.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

For a contender, i'd be asking for about 2 1sts to start for Cook/Mattison. Ertz would be useless for you in that trade as a rebuild
Yeah thats my thinking. He has Hockenson who I'd love to have but I dont think he's willing to part with him because I already asked about doing two firsts and Hock for Cook&Mattison plus a 3rd or two but he said no. Its a new league and the guy is new to Dynasty (I am too) and I think he doesnt realize the cost of a RB in his prime on a run-centric team.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

alright, gotta do a sanity check here as i'm a moron at this stuff. just got an offer of a $45 d henry for my $27 k murray and $35 kelce. it's a keeper league.

gotta be a no, right? draft budget is $210 and i can only keep 3 players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vargo posted:

This is loving bonkers. AP is a 30% guy AT MOST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have a feeling TEN will end up a RBBC and that Peterson will not even be a lead back in it.