Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lol you've lit the kawalimus signal

No doubt, but having the balls to draft Lamar and go all in on him is singularly impressive. Good coaches find ways to win and Harbaugh has been able to do that consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dude needs to go to jail and needs to be there for 10+ years. His gross negligence and selfishness caused another person to die burned alive inside their car.

I've got zero sympathy for people who drink and drive. gently caress him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Holy gently caress :stare:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Jesus, how fast was he going? You usually don't see cars engulfed in flames like that unless it's a Tesla whose batteries caught fire.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Newer cars don't just explode in balls of fire nor do their front ends go completely flat unless there is huge speed involved.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Lifespan posted:

Newer cars don't just explode in balls of fire nor do their front ends go completely flat unless there is huge speed involved.

There are a variety of scenarios that can cause a car to catch on fire that don't involve speed.

A car sitting in park in a repair shop can catch fire.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

His lawyer will argue it was Pastor Maldonado driving.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The biggest crime here is shooting in vertical

Eagles traded for a Kary Vincent from Denver, sure

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Teams are always in the midst of rebuilding though. The ones that bottom out and go down the studs do so because the coaching staff sucks and gets canned and the new coach wants to start over. I think Baltimore is consistently good because Harbaugh is a good coach, not because of their conservative roster management philosophy.

It's more that we've had a decent front office. Harbaugh is a do-nothing coach which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. He got lucky to inherit the team after one abysmal season from Brian Billick and got many of the pieces still there from a 13-3 team plus Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. He contributes nothing to gameplans and playcalling. He's literally just there. He wouldn't fire Cam Cameron for years because they were old friends despite his running an offense that didn't fit the talent at all from 09-12. Until we blew a lead to Washington and Bisciotti threw a fit due to Baltimore's inferiority complex toward DC. And then we fired him. And suddenly the offense looked great and we won the SB.

But yeah we've been on top because of our drafting and also because we've had a pretty smart approach to free agency. We don't jump at the biggest hot name we like to go for proven vets that other teams think are done that we can get at a discount.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1455642562925051914

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bob Socko posted:

Jesus, how fast was he going? You usually don't see cars engulfed in flames like that unless it's a Tesla whose batteries caught fire.

Is there an EV version of the rav4 maybe? Not trying to downplay anything just curiosity Cause like you said that's a lot of fire for a wreck.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Raiders please

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is there an EV version of the rav4 maybe? Not trying to downplay anything just curiosity Cause like you said that's a lot of fire for a wreck.

That's a good point. The Rav4 Prime is a very popular plugin hybrid. Battery != fire all the time, but it would lead to a blaze like that more than just some gas in the tank and flammable interior parts. Vette hits it hard enough to knock out the driver and damage the battery and the whole thing burns up.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wonder how many people have this shirt

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kirios posted:

Dude needs to go to jail and needs to be there for 10+ years. His gross negligence and selfishness caused another person to die burned alive inside their car.

I've got zero sympathy for people who drink and drive. gently caress him.

quote:

Ruggs' attorneys, David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld, said that on behalf of their client they also were investigating the crash "and ask everyone to reserve judgment until all the facts are gathered.''

Translation, we dug up that the victim once caught a charge for possession and was no angel

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wonder how many people have this shirt

It’s not wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hello Saints fans, your lamentations have been answered

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1455647525059317763

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

this is dark but I lolled.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Makes a lot of sense on paper. Problem is it's not market inefficiency to value something that is valuable. Sort of figure no young, cheap talent is going to be a long term problem.

The Athletic did a pretty good piece on this. Basically, they think they have a window for a Superb Owl, and are willing to make some sacrifices to maximize their chances for this window.

The article (in case it is paywalled) leads off with talking about how how much Les Snead likes the book "Thinking in Bets" by Annie Duke (of Texas Hold'em fame) and how these trades are in line with that model.

https://theathletic.com/2928034/202...-to-super-bowl/

(edit: Also, if Miller signs with someone else next season, the Rams will be the ones getting the compensatory pick for him, so they get a bit of a rebate on the trade cost)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

That’s not Gardner Minshew.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

That’s not Gardner Minshew.

Payton: we have minshew at home

The minshew at home:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

lol I forgot Peterman's only friend in the world just resigned

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kawalimus posted:

It's more that we've had a decent front office. Harbaugh is a do-nothing coach which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. He got lucky to inherit the team after one abysmal season from Brian Billick and got many of the pieces still there from a 13-3 team plus Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. He contributes nothing to gameplans and playcalling. He's literally just there. He wouldn't fire Cam Cameron for years because they were old friends despite his running an offense that didn't fit the talent at all from 09-12. Until we blew a lead to Washington and Bisciotti threw a fit due to Baltimore's inferiority complex toward DC. And then we fired him. And suddenly the offense looked great and we won the SB.

But yeah we've been on top because of our drafting and also because we've had a pretty smart approach to free agency. We don't jump at the biggest hot name we like to go for proven vets that other teams think are done that we can get at a discount.

It’s basically impossible to separate front office success from coaching success. Plenty of talented players never succeed because they are stuck with lovely coaches. Plenty of players that look really great due to coaching despite being less talented. Guys like Harbaugh and Tomlin put out a consistently good product despite a lot of turnover because they are good coaches. Not perfect, but way way better than almost all of the other options.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: Oops read the new page on the thread you moron.

Yeah DJax, is done but someone is probably gonna sign him for the rest of the season right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Bob posted:

The Rams are still a pretty young team, per Over the Cap the 7th youngest team in the NFL entering the 2021 season.

EDIT- also, yikes the Texans

I ain’t one of them numberin’ people so I’m not gonna do the math but I wonder how much Brady skews the Bucs number

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1455619828581011459

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

AndrewP posted:

lol I forgot Peterman's only friend in the world just resigned

It's okay he got signed to the practice squad

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Propaganda Bob posted:

EDIT- also, yikes the Texans

I shouldn't ever defend the Texans on anything but the idea was to sign vets to one year deals and see if any were worth keeping; we can switch back to a very young team almost instantaneously if we decide we want to

e: maybe i should read threads before replying Intruder beat me to it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think a better metric would be factoring in the number of snaps taken by 1st-3rd year players. Or just accounting for the players who actually play, not bottom roster guys.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Yikes

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

gently caress.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Amy Pole Her posted:

Mr Nice is a walking florida crim law textbook so him weighing in would be good too

Mr. Nice promised me the tape of the Hog and I've never been more personally betrayed

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this is just depressing as gently caress. that poor woman

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Mr. Nice promised me the tape of the Hog and I've never been more personally betrayed

I think it's a drat shame, too. tragically, judges are bastards, too, and are absolutely just as owned by capital as the rest of the branches of government.

The prime example of how hosed our criminal legal system is, the only people punished criminally from that situation were the masseurs.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Poor guy is gonna wish he was still taking care of COVID patients

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ok something else that kind of dawned on me a bit ago. Ruggs may have appeared impaired because ya know car crash at high speed likely results in a concussion.

The medical exam results will be telling especially if they got blood (which I'm assuming they did). Not trying to downplay that someone died while he was driving like a jackass but there are 2 explanations for him appearing impaired.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This sounds eeriely similar to an incident near me just outside of Philly that just completed sentencing. Drunk guy going over 100 mph rear-ended an SUV going like 50 on the highway. SUV caught fire and 3 SUV passengers died. The guy got 20 years. Clean record too

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Who knows why he veered right but right after that stoplight is a shopping center a 24 hour taco place

Drunk people making bad decisions

adaz fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Prophetic.

https://twitter.com/Valanges_9/status/1287804409703829504?s=20