Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Honest Thief posted:

Play the psx mgs not twin snakes, the remake's servicable but aged worse than blocky dithered psx

Play original MGS first definitely and then twin snakes if you wish. And play them all in release order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MGS should be killed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

MGS should be killed.

It was

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i played metal gear solid on my friends playstation in highschool or something it was pretty cool. nintendo family here as a kid so didnt play any others. thats life.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Gripweed posted:

MGS4 has some of the best gameplay in the entire series.
absolutely not, no

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i played mgs when it came out, i was like 11-12 and didnt understand it very well but it was fun. then mgs 2 came out when i was like 14 and i thought raiden was a gay bitch so i didnt play it veyr much. not really proud of that. perhaps one day i shall return to the series.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Maya Fey posted:

absolutely not, no

Do you not remember the first level where you're sneaking through an active warzone and have a ton of different abilities and ways to get through it, including siding with one side or the other? And then in the second level, which you're using a raid on a compound as a cover to get inside it? And the Shadow Moses level which is basically a perfection of the simple sneaking from MGS1. Not to mention all the boss fights.

The only actual criticism of the gameplay in MGS4 is that the tailing mission can be a bit dull on replays.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
MGS5 has the best gameplay, don't @ me

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
My main complaint about the gameplay of mgs4 is that there wasnt nearly enough of it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Do you not remember the first level where you're sneaking through an active warzone and have a ton of different abilities and ways to get through it, including siding with one side or the other?

Yeah, it was a pretty good half hour

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
death stranding is the best metal gear solid game though. love my all-terrain exoskeleton and cargo sleds that i can snowboard downhill on

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo
liking MGS is a very high indicator for virginity imo

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

babypolis posted:

i may be a dumbasss

Well you got that right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
games are too hard for me now, too frenetic. i rather read book or forum. guess thats growing up. used to be a fragger now im just a buster. sad.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

games are too hard for me now, too frenetic. i rather read book or forum. guess thats growing up. used to be a fragger now im just a buster. sad.

shut up

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

AnEdgelord posted:

My main complaint about the gameplay of mgs4 is that there wasnt nearly enough of it.

feels like you spend at least 60% of the game not doing the typical stealth gameplay which is a shame because It's Good yeah

5 is also a bit of a shame because the excellent gameplay is trapped in an open world game full of tiny bandit camps and I feel like there just aren't enough long, involved infiltration segments even though there are a few of 'em

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

why ar eyou so mean to me all the time dude. jesus christ

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

play map games you old bitch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

the games that are impossible to play unless uve been engrossed in crusader kings since u were 12? i think not. altho watching guys play aoe4 on twitch this wknd made me jealous. looks cool

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

map games are fun, i would love for matt to get really into victoria 3 when it comes out

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

why ar eyou so mean to me all the time dude. jesus christ

because you make it easy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

because you make it easy

its win to be kind, in my opinion.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

babypolis posted:

i may be a dumbasss here but calling china marxist seems like quite a stretch to me. its basically just state/authoritarian capitalism. the chinese goverment is not afraid to have a strong hand but ultimately most of the makeup of society is determined by markets

You should listen to the Dick Wolff's or David Harvey's podcast episodes about China. David Harvey was pretty skeptical about China but has come around and said he was incorrect.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

like Splatoon?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Judakel posted:

any good episodes of funny podcasts lately?

I thought last month's episodes of doughboys were pretty funny.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Gripweed posted:

like Splatoon?

no

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

smythe knew i meant paradox games but you didn’t. re evaluate your life IMO

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Total War Warhammer is the ultimate map game.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
dengism ftw

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lumpentroll posted:

smythe knew i meant paradox games but you didn’t. re evaluate your life IMO

you got trolled by Gripweed, grats

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Literally the entire point of Splatoon is coloring in a map

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres a map for ya

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Gripweed posted:

MGS4 has some of the best gameplay in the entire series.

Some of the best, and some of the worst.

If they'd made a VR Missions thing for it, it could have been god-tier.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKPyeJhB4I

LOL @ BJG thinking this shithead's endorsement would've mattered one iota.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
map games are all trash

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

scary ghost dog posted:

map games are all trash

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

map games are all trash

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Deified Data posted:

I have noticed this consistently too - he'll clearly be impressed by China having the temerity to do anything at all about the problems facing its citizens but he's constantly fighting the grillpill over how enthusiastic or hopeful it makes him.

Bernie hangover I guess. I mean I was super invested in it too but I didn’t have an enormous podcast base to face immediately after and could process my grief in peace

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Trust me I’m an expert

no Ac!d. weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Centrist Committee posted:

Bernie hangover I guess. I mean I was super invested in it too but I didn’t have an enormous podcast base to face immediately after and could process my grief in peace

That and all anyone can do is be optimistic regarding China. Its not like the cushvlog listenerbase wields any political influence in the CPC.