Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

ESH

Boyfriend is obviously the bigger rear end in a top hat but don’t date road ragers and especially don’t lend them your (uninsured!) car.

I wonder if by "uninsured" she means "I only have basic liability coverage, no comp/collision."

Perfectly possible on an old Hyundai. That the boyfriend was trying to play Fast and Furious with, and probably got into trouble because you can't exactly do that with a 2002 Accent or 2005 Sonata.

Edit -- bad snipe, need content.

My bf's brother are mean to me

quote:

Whenever I (16 F) go over to my boyfriend's (16M) relatives his brothers (14M and 18M) always make fun of me, call me names and also tease me about my relationship.

At my bf's birthday lunch they kicked my leg and I moved but later they kept making fun of my voice and appearance. (My bf's mum made the older brother apologize on a later date, they said "I'm sorry for calling you a fat fatso" even though they never said that :/)

Recently I went over for a bbq and the older brother kept referring to me as "woman" And later on he said something along the lines of because I was female I was less than and that my opinion didn't matter.

I don't like either of the brothers as they say openly racist things, like they're glad the Holocaust happened or do the Nazi salute and even say the n word and many other slurs.

Although my bf's parents try to stop by telling them off and saying I'm not a "woman" and that I have a name, they don't really stop for a while.

I no longer feel safe going over to my bf or his relatives place, what do I do?

blackmet fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

blackmet posted:

Perfectly possible on an old Hyundai. That the boyfriend was trying to play Fast and Furious with, and probably got into trouble because you can't exactly do that with a 2002 Accent or 2005 Sonata.

You can't

I CAN

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

blackmet posted:

My bf's brother are mean to me

Simple answer: You are the Red Army and their house is Berlin.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Idgi :smith:

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

sounds like this house is in a gentrifying neighborhood so best option is just to sell it and not have to deal with family demanding financial aid

Yup, sell that poo poo and tell all your family and cousin to piss up a rope

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm being accused of "stealing company property" because I brought my own Kuerig cups in instead of buying from the company snack bar. How should I tell my boss to go gently caress herself?

This one got an update:

quote:

Hey everyone. I posted yesterday about my boss accusing me of "stealing company property" when I brought some Keurig coffee cups in from home. It blew the hell up and I'm still reeling from the sheer amount of attention it got!

**I have since deleted that post,** in part because I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the attention and comments I received, but also largely because I got several harassing DM's from a few douchebags who either accused me of being lazy, making the whole situation up, or just called me a "snowflake", and figured I would get some breathing room. I deleted the messages and blocked the users without replying, but still. If you're one of those people, I hope your socks get wet while you're out walking.

However, thank you to ALL of you who were kind, supportive, and wished me luck in confronting my boss and the situation at work; I literally lost count of how many of you were on my side and had ideas on how I could deal with the situation. Seriously, thank you all. I couldn't believe the amount of support my post got. I made what I thought was a normal post about a lovely boss and apparently it touched a nerve. I read as many of the comments as I could but there were over 10k!

On to the update.

----------------------

I had posted yesterday on my lunch break, and when I came back into work I already had a few good ideas thanks to a bunch of you. Like several of you recommended, I wanted to get her accusations in writing, so I sent off an email as soon as I sat down after lunch. I basically played dumb: "Hi, just wanted to double check the rules regarding bringing coffee in from home. Is this not allowed? *I don't recall this being in our employee handbook* blah blah blah"

She replied about an hour later, saying what she had said earlier: yes, it was grounds for firing since it was "using company property for personal gain" (lolwut) and I should only use the company Keurig cups. I replied asking if it was considered stealing the company water, and she again said yes, but not if I PAID for the coffee since I was "purchasing it."

(Oh, and a bunch of you also thought she was profiting off the coffee cups, and while your logic was sound, I found out later she has no responsibilities or 'fingers in the pot' regarding the fees from employee break area. Turns out she really is just a micromanaging rear end in a top hat.)

Once I got these emails back from her, I went straight in person to my Senior Boss, who outranks everyone in the office. I asked him if it was true that we were not allowed to bring in our own personal Keurig cups. He looked confused and said "No, that's not true at all, I bring in my own sometimes." He went from confused to shocked when I told him I was being accused of stealing company water while using my own Keurig cups and that I wanted to file an official complaint...and then annoyed when I told him who was accusing me and who I wanted to complain against. He apologized profusely on behalf of the rear end in a top hat manager and explained a few things.

Long story short: there were MULTIPLE complaints of the same nature against this particular manager, mostly in the vein that she was overstepping the bounds of her duties and threatening to fire people at the slightest whim....which, Senior Boss told me, was NOT her decision to make.

Senior Boss apologized again and again, told me that I was absolutely allowed to bring in my own Keurig cups, and that he would be speaking to the other manager in question. He finished by saying "her behavior will stop, I promise you, and she won't be speaking to you about this again. Let me know if she brings it up further." *He again repeated that it was not her responsibility or within her duties to fire me.*

I have a very good relationship with my Senior Boss, and he told me that while he would prefer to avoid filing an official complaint, he would understand if I chose to and would draw up the paperwork. I told him that as long as no one else was accusing me of theft and that my job wasn't actually in jeopardy (it wasn't, he kept telling me), I wouldn't file a complaint...ONLY if the rear end in a top hat manager apologized in person.

I got a very tight-lipped face-to-face apology about 2 hours later from the rear end in a top hat manager. I told her how insulting it was to be accused of theft, especially over something so incredibly stupid as a *single cup of water."* I told her I didn't want to talk about it further, and that I wasn't going to hold it over her head as long as she treated me fairly going forward. I told her I would not be lodging a complaint, but if I felt like I was being unjustly accused of something in the future from her, I'd have those emails she so conveniently sent me as evidence that she didn't know what she was talking about.

Like I said, I have a very good relationship with Senior Boss and I've been at my current company for 5 years...I'm not worried. I do genuinely want to thank you all again who commented yesterday, offering me support, ideas, and help. That's one of the many reasons I came to this subreddit in the first place!

I probably will end up deleting this post in a day or so, I'm not sure if that's against the rules of this subreddit or not. I very rarely post on Reddit anyway, and I honestly posted yesterday just to vent...today included.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Get everything your boss says in writing! Keep being a bunch of baddasses.

I mean it's great that the boss got told off, but if there's multiple people having issues with them then the OP definitely should have made a formal complaint. As it stands, the power tripping boss basically got off scott free.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Saved By the Bell Season2, Episode 9 - "Jessie's Song posted:

Jessie turns to caffeine pills as a result of the pressure with midterms and her singing group, ignoring Slater's warning that the pills can damage her health. When Zack finds out about her problem, he cancels her performance and rushes to her side."

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Soysaucebeast posted:

This one got an update:

I mean it's great that the boss got told off, but if there's multiple people having issues with them then the OP definitely should have made a formal complaint. As it stands, the power tripping boss basically got off scott free.

Yeah but you could also say she's now trapped in a hell of her own making where she wants to power trip but no one's gonna take her seriously now.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for selling my “brothers” guitars?

quote:

Hello, for context I (17F) have played guitar for a couple years, recently I’ve dropped it a little but I have two guitars, an electric and an acoustic guitar. My brother (14M) started taking lessons a couple months ago and has one guitar, it is a little smaller, but still works.

When he began his lessons, he used his guitar to practice, but then said he was tired of it and asked if he could borrow mine and I said yes. Since that moment he took both my guitars to his room and won’t give them back. If I grab them he’ll just take them to his room again and again.

We have strict parents so locks in our room are a big no.

I was a little short on money and our parents won’t let us work. Instead they suggested that I sold some stuff I don’t use anymore. Which I did. I sold an old keyboard, laptop and some books. Then, I realized I could sell my acoustic guitar, it’s in good conditions and I’d still have the electric one.

I told my mom if she knew someone who could be interested and she snapped at me. Saying my brother uses that guitar, I told her it was mine in the end and that he could practice with the electric one. She said no because he uses both and they’re basically his, even when mine were a gift from my grandparents.

My dad was there and I asked if then I could sell his small guitar, cause he doesn’t use it. They said no because it’s his and not mine to sell.

I left and posted an ad. For both guitars. I sold them and now they’re calling me an rear end in a top hat.

So AITA

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

i think it was more a joke than an actual solution, although i do believe some people popped those pills. caffeine pills are just way tweakier than like, an actual caffeinated beverage. they got my from Austin->my hometown ~5 hours faster than the initial trip, so... cool? def made me twitchy and have gentle involuntary shaking if i held my hand out flat, though, lol

I bought some caffeine pills when I visited the USA. They had a cool packaging. Years later, I ran out of my usual Pro-Plus pills, I needed to work late, and luckily found the american pills at the back of my drawer. Great! I took one. I don't like caffeine and rarely drink coffee, but needs must.

Shortly afterwards I felt SO TERRIBLE. I actually felt myself coming up on it, and then could barely work because of nausea, dizziness, headache and sweaty hands. It turned out that the american pills contained 4x as much caffeine as I expected (200mg vs 50mg Pro-Plus). :patriot:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

blackmet posted:

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You can't

I CAN

You can, but only once.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for selling my “brothers” guitars?

I wonder who the favorite is.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for admitting that I wish my son wasn't disabled?

What the gently caress, she thought DEAFNESS would make her son not able to function on his own for life? Why the gently caress was that the immediate assumption? It's not like a severe mental impairment, it's not being able to hear!

I get the feeling this lady's one of those people who treats deaf people like idiots or children.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lol, thanks

killerwhat posted:

I bought some caffeine pills when I visited the USA. They had a cool packaging. Years later, I ran out of my usual Pro-Plus pills, I needed to work late, and luckily found the american pills at the back of my drawer. Great! I took one. I don't like caffeine and rarely drink coffee, but needs must.

Shortly afterwards I felt SO TERRIBLE. I actually felt myself coming up on it, and then could barely work because of nausea, dizziness, headache and sweaty hands. It turned out that the american pills contained 4x as much caffeine as I expected (200mg vs 50mg Pro-Plus). :patriot:

haha, and the bottle from my old lab is 250mg, 5x as much caffeine! :derp:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

So the cousin that couldnt afford 1500 to save the House should get it, his family wants to give the bank a free House.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

datajugend posted:

So the cousin that couldnt afford 1500 to save the House should get it, his family wants to give the bank a free House.

No, they'll later demand that this guy pay for it too. That's how this type of shitter rolls.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Johnny Truant posted:

lol, thanks

haha, and the bottle from my old lab is 250mg, 5x as much caffeine! :derp:

The pre-workout powder I take has 150mg per scoop. The instructions say, "Once tolerance has been assessed and you are looking for an additional boost of energy, take one additional serving (1 scoop) with serving taken before training." I don't feel jittery or anything after taking it, though. Someone said that could be a sign of having ADHD, right? When caffeine does jack poo poo to you?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

datajugend posted:

Well technically the city if it was unpaid property taxes.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Soysaucebeast posted:

This one got an update:

My thought too, rake the bitch over the coals & teach her a lesson, especially considering it's happened to multiple people

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My son is disabled and I am not going to lie and say I've never wished that wasn't the case. His life is going to be more difficult than it would be if he wasn't, and nothing I can do beyond getting him the help he needs for a leg up is going to change that.

But good googly moogly, you don't say that to the kid themselves like that.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Creepy as gently caress but no assault.
AITA for leaving through the bathroom window when I saw my date had underwear on his wall like a trophy?

quote:

I had gone out with this guy from class, he seemed fun and charasmatic and chill. It goes well and he invited me back to his.

I go with him, planning on hooking up, and he was showing me his apartment, he had this game room that he didn't show me around but I caught walking by the door that he had a bunch of women's underwear on a cork board, all different styles and sizes. And paper notes with names!!! One just said "blond from kappa Delta" He had his own place so I knew it was his. It literally looked like some kinda trophy from sex.

I didn't let on that I'd seen it, I asked where the bathroom was because honestly I was weirded the gently caress out and wanted a moment to collect myself.

I used the bathroom and was just thinking "oh gently caress no I'm outta here" and also thinking that I didn't really want to confront this guy over why I was leaving.

I noticed the bathroom window was large and since we were on the ground floor I just opened it and dipped. I pulled the window shut after me and just walked home.

A little while later I got a phone call from the guy which I didn't pick up but I also saw he'd been texting asking me where I was and if I was playing some sorta game.

I said "yeahh I dipped, u got panties on your wall and it looks like some buffalo bill poo poo."

Like talking about the silence of the lambs character? He didn't get it and was saying I was being really immature by leaving through the window

I said "yeah ok maybe I'm immature but at least I'm not stupid, you gotta expect a girl to dip if you got that poo poo"

A couple guys from his frat have been talking poo poo about me, saying I'm crazy and a bitch and that I "randomly climbed out a window" and some of my friends who heard about this think I could have just said my goodbyes normally

AITA for leaving my dates house though the window?
Yes, the one who ran away screaming from a guy's trophy wall of misogyny is the immature one.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I wouldn’t put anything past a guy gross enough to tack up used panties! with notes! to his wall. Good on this woman’s instincts to GTFO.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Maybe he does custom pantie embroidery as a side hustle.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my SIL I'm glad she's infertile because she'd be a terrible mother?

quote:

The title sounds bad but I can explain.

I'm 30f married to my husband who's the same age as me. We have a 2 year old daughter and now we are expecting our second child.

My brother 26m is married to my SIL 25f. My SIL is infertile and its nearly impossible for her to have kids. At first she was devastated but now she's come to terms with it and doesn't care anymore. My SIL has a dog she's had since high-school, the dog is 9 years old and they have a second dog they adopted with my brother which is 4 years old. The thing about this is I respect their decisions but I don't really like dogs and I hate when people do more for their dogs than they do for their siblings, nephews or nieces. These dogs are getting more spoiled by my brother than his own niece, my daughter. I've expressed my views on it but everyone tells me to mind my business.

So last week, my SIL's senior dog got hit by a car and the dog now needs surgery and therapies which are a bit pricey. My brother and SIL were very quick to open their pockets and pay for every single expense of the dog's surgery and therapies. When I found out I complained to my brother and my SIL that I wish they had the same energy for their niece like they do with their animals. My brother said that my daughter has never been in an emergency where she could need all that money and that if she had an emergency they'd help. I said that spending money on the dogs surgery when they could save it up in case some emergency happened to any of us, especially my kid is reckless and said it's unreasonable to care more about the dogs when my kid is right here and I'm expecting another one soon and barely gets the same love.

My SIL said " with all due respect, I understand you adore your kid and you'll love your second one too and I will love your kids too, but my dogs are my family and I'd do anything to provide a good life for them". That's where I might be TA. I told my SIL that it's a good thing she's infertile because she'd be a terrible mother since she'd prioritise her "fur babies" over her actual human children. My brother and SIL got very offended and don't speak to me now. My husband said that while I was right I shouldn't straight up tell them that. My parents also claim I'm TA for saying this but they agree to some extent but not totally . AITA????

"How dare you spend money on your pets when you should be spending it on my children instead!" The entitlement is astounding.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t understand how she reached that conclusion?

Like the story is supposed to lead to the conclusion but it just comes out of knowhere

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my SIL I'm glad she's infertile because she'd be a terrible mother?

"How dare you spend money on your pets when you should be spending it on my children instead!" The entitlement is astounding.

She would NOT STOP ARGUING about it in the comments about how they should be setting aside money for HER KIDS just in case.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kntfkr posted:

Maybe he does custom pantie embroidery as a side hustle.

Yeah, maybe he takes commissions and the names are those of his customers.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You can tell from the husband saying "You're right but you shouldn't have said that" how insufferable she must be.

Also this entire argument she had was a completely moot point because:

quote:

I can afford my kids. My husband and I are really well off. This is more about my brother and sils priorities regarding how they treat kids.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

cumshitter posted:

You can tell from the husband saying "You're right but you shouldn't have said that" how insufferable she must be.

Also this entire argument she had was a completely moot point because:

I’m actually curious how they could even do it?

Like buy her kids cars or houses?

Like if they don’t need anything how could you prove this

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Creepy as gently caress but no assault.
AITA for leaving through the bathroom window when I saw my date had underwear on his wall like a trophy?

Yes, the one who ran away screaming from a guy's trophy wall of misogyny is the immature one.

Put that on campus social media imo.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t understand how she reached that conclusion?

Like the story is supposed to lead to the conclusion but it just comes out of knowhere

I could see OP taking the SIL making her peace with the infertility as an implicit failure of motherhood and holding it against her.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Soysaucebeast posted:

This one got an update:

Thanks! Part of the reason I posted in here was to remind myself to look for an update later.

He should have at least gotten an email from the senior boss about this, to have something in writing.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m actually curious how they could even do it?

Like buy her kids cars or houses?

Like if they don’t need anything how could you prove this

They would have had to let the dog die because every moment the dog is alive there is something competing for attention with the OP's children. Also they would have had to clearly state that they are sad the dog is dead but they set that money aside for OP's children even though it's not needed. They can just stack the bills on the shrine they will build for her children.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Evil Willow posted:

Didn't we get a different story with this exact same title a week ago

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Evil Willow posted:

She doesn't even need the money! She says in the comments that she and her husband are well-off!

Anyway here's a wholesome one.

AITA for yelling at my sister because she called me handsome.

quote:

I (16M) hate being called handsome, mom used to do it a lot but she stopped doing it when she realized it made me upset/sad idk it fucks up my mood but my sister (18F) picked up on it and she calls me handsome a lot. It is really annoying. It pisses me off and upsets me. I have asked her to stop but she thinks it is funny that I get triggered over something so small. She keeps on doing it and it is not fun at all.

I was in a pretty bad mood already when she started to call me handsome and annoy me. I called a cruel B word and stormed off. Mom says I shouldn't have escalated and it is silly to be so stuck up over a small word. I really can't explain why I feel bad about it so I feel like I am being sensitive and behaving like an idiot. My sister is happy that I got scolded. Dad think I should not raise to her bait and just keep my chin up and ignore her but I really hate it when she does it. I feel like a total poo poo head right now.

Update

quote:

People called me an rear end in a top hat but a lot of people were really helpful. I have started therapy. It has helped me a lot. Some people peppered me with feminine and masculine compliments. I hated all the masculine ones. I have since then been thinking about my gender a lot. I spend a lot of time talking about it with my therapist. She is great.

Anyway, I told my parents and they have started to buy me different clothes. I am growing out my hair. These things feel really comfortable. we will see what happens but I feel happier with my new clothes. My sister realized that I was going through a 'gender crisis' we hugged it out and she apologized. I have become an victim of her experiments with fashion. lol. She is great. I am in really great place right now just wish my voice would stop becoming more manly. haha.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Love a happy ending :allears:

quote:

WIBTA for leaving my job after a manager told me im just a lowly employee who can be replaced?
I (23F) worked at a hotel chain for the past 3 months. On mobile. Sorry for formatting.

Background info- when i was hired, my front desk manager "Sara" (56F) put in my file that I was to be trained to take over as the hotel's GM. I confirmed that it was put in. Im also the one who is covering Night Audit and evening and morning shift when people call in. We only have 5 front desk agents.

Story- Ive been with the company for 3 months now. They just hired a new gm from outside the company. I mentioned it to Sara in passing about me being hired to be the new GM and pointed out that it was in my file when she denied it. She then proceeded to yell at me, calling me a lowly lowlife employee who can easily be replaced and among other things (im not going to repeat what else due to how severe it was.) I immediately said this conversation is done and walked out of the property. When I got home, I immediately put out my resume and got an offer for more than triple my asking amount. I plan on quitting in a few days, leaving them scrambling for coverage.

WIBTA if i do that?

Edit: i was HIRED for the GM role. Thought it would be obvious by me saying i was to be trained to take over the GM role. I was in training since the start. Previous GM left in September. I was told throughout October i would officially start my role in November. That being said, i called Sara and quit about 5 minutes ago.

The reaction was immediately screaming, telling me that she doesnt accept and i have to work tonight because nobody can cover the evening shift. I said not my problem and ill be expecting my paycheck this week. I also will be sending an email to her bosses. :) thank you everyone!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I can't imagine a 23 year old having enough experience to be a hotel GM. Even with training, there's a lot to be said for experience. OP should have been gunning for the Front Desk Manager position to start with.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Pomme de Terror posted:

Love a happy ending :allears:

Man that makes me happy. Hope Lisa likes overnights

edit: Depends on how much experience she has and how small the hotel is. I don't get the impression she was coming in fresh if she was immediately put on night audit.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Canuckistan posted:

I can't imagine a 23 year old having enough experience to be a hotel GM. Even with training, there's a lot to be said for experience. OP should have been gunning for the Front Desk Manager position to start with.

Also, if you are getting offers for triple your asking then you are definitely asking way too little. Like, to little that it's a red flag that you don't know what you're doing or talking about.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Nominating this woman as the patron saint of "just leave". See sketchy poo poo -> leave by closest available exit

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Canuckistan posted:

Yeah I went looking for more details and a bunch of people on reddit are tearing the story apart.

On the other hand a bunch of other people are telling OP to suck it up and lick more boot, so: :lmao: good job OP writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

WIBTA when I called out my mom's fiancé for lying to her?

quote:

My mom works in a city and it's common for her to call her fiancé when he's home to give me and my sibling chores to do during the summer. One day my mom had called and asked her fiancé to mow the lawn and do the dishes before dropping me off for volleyball 2. He said "Of course, baby, I'll get right to it." And hung up. As I was pulling on my knee pads and grabbing my stuff so I'm not rushed, her fiancé came into my room, without knocking and told me to wash the dishes and mow the lawn or he wouldn't take me to practice. I started to push back, being a little bratty, and said "I'm 14 and you're 40, why can't you do it?" He had told me that he was being serious about not taking me to practice if I didn't comply, so I did. When my mother had gotten home, she kissed her fiancé on the cheek and thanked him for doing the stuff. Right then and there I kinda rose my voice and said: "How can you take credit for something I took time out of my day to do and refuse to give me any credit at all?" Her fiancé gave me a look and said I needed to get under control. I repeated myself and my mother looked appalled at both my attitude and his response to it. I told mom about how it took me an hour and a half to do the chores. My mom said enough and started lecturing her fiance who called me. a pain in the rear end. AITA though?