Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pomme de Terror posted:

Love a happy ending :allears:

I don’t care if it’s fake, put it straight into my veins anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I don’t care if it’s fake, put it straight into my veins anyway

Is it even fake if it still gets you high?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Dramatika posted:

Is it even fake if it still gets you high?

A lot of folks who had real bad experiences with the spice synthetic marijuana would testify that yes, very much so.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

datajugend posted:

So the cousin that couldnt afford 1500 to save the House should get it, his family wants to give the bank a free House.

He said it was taxes, and let's be honest, the IRS isn't going to take your house for $1500. The state of Georgia might, I guess. If grandma is paying taxes directly rather than having it go through escrow, she probably owns it free and clear, and thanks to step-up basis on death, the kid is gonna get a huge tax-free windfall if he sells now.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
If the hotel GM story is real, that is one naive 23 year old. Why would a front desk manager have the authority to decide someone's job description? Hell, a GM is an important enough job that they would have signed an employment contract. They would KNOW for sure their position. Acting like the front desk manager is their boss is strange.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i saw this disturbing old Dear Prudence today:

quote:

My wife of more than 10 years has always been a bit of a nudist. Nothing public, but around the house and our pool and out in the boat she likes to be in the buff. Our son is now 6 years old and my daughter is 3. My children are being raised in the nude, the same way my wife was raised. They get home from school and their clothes come off. I come home at night to two naked kids and a naked wife. Now that our children are getting older, I think it might be time that everyone starts covering up a bit more. My wife disagrees and does not want to change. Are we doing damage to our kids here?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

edgeman83 posted:

If the hotel GM story is real, that is one naive 23 year old. Why would a front desk manager have the authority to decide someone's job description? Hell, a GM is an important enough job that they would have signed an employment contract. They would KNOW for sure their position. Acting like the front desk manager is their boss is strange.
The other contradiction is that in a hotel chain, the GM is directly above the front desk manager in the chain of command, either as the immediate supervisor or separated by another level in between. Having full and unquestioned authority to hire your own boss just doesn't happen. At most, you get to provide input on the candidates as part of the search team; often you don't even get that much.

If we treat it as real, then the likely scenario is that OP said she wanted to be a GM and the manager's mention of putting it on file was agreeing to work towards that goal eventually. OP incorrectly believed that was a promise that she'd be handed the role next time it opened, but that was never what was on the table. Instead, it was more like a long-term plan to eventually position OP for a GM slot over the course of a few years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i saw this disturbing old Dear Prudence today:

Can't focus on the concern, too busy wondering where guests sit in that house.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

sullat posted:

He said it was taxes, and let's be honest, the IRS isn't going to take your house for $1500. The state of Georgia might, I guess. If grandma is paying taxes directly rather than having it go through escrow, she probably owns it free and clear, and thanks to step-up basis on death, the kid is gonna get a huge tax-free windfall if he sells now.

Unpaid property taxes are no joke. County foreclosures take precedent over bank foreclosures, and at the very least you're gonna have a lien on the title pretty much immediately once the tax bill is unpaid.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Soysaucebeast posted:

This one got an update:

I mean it's great that the boss got told off, but if there's multiple people having issues with them then the OP definitely should have made a formal complaint. As it stands, the power tripping boss basically got off scott free.

Yeah, OP's a doormat and the big boss is enabling the bad manager. This is how people like the manager manage to coast for so long at their jobs; their bosses, not wanting to do their jobs, pressure underlings not to file official complaints, so there's never a record.

It reminds me of one of the few times this went the other way. I think it was another AAM. The OP complained how he and his buddies in sales became so drunk and obnoxious while traveling at a hotel for a conference, hitting on staff and other guests, I think criminal charges were filed and he got terminated. Everyone was dunking on him because he was bragging about being a branch manager or something and making $110k a year. Does anyone have this post handy? It was very funny seeing him double down in the comments.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do you mean the DIRECTOR of OPERATIONS saga?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The Lone Badger posted:

Do you mean the DIRECTOR of OPERATIONS saga?

It sounds like the DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS saga.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

This one?

quote:

I'm the director of operations at my company. Moments ago, I was told by my boss, in confidence, to prepare to be officially accused and made aware of a sexual harassment investigation on me. This is from an incident that occurred in June.

I need to know what steps I need to take to protect myself.

Here's what happened:

In June, the company was attending a conference and bought hotel rooms for everyone. At the hotel pool I chatted up with a female guest. I was getting pretty drunk and she brought up her husband. I asked "oh you're married?" And she said yes and that she has three kids. I told her that with a body like hers, I'm surprised she doesn't have 10 because I sure would give her 10 and I laughed. She smiled and sometime later she got out of the pool and I said "my oh my, your husband is a lucky man."

I didn't see her again and I got the vibe that she felt uncomfortable. I was a little drunk and would not have said any of that while being sober.

Apparently she found out the name of my company and complained to the hotel who then joined her in complaining to my company. We are also banned from the hotel for life.

I would like to know how I can get out of this with no blood on my hands. I make $125, 000 a year and cannot afford to lose my job and career. It was everything for me to get this position. I also have a family. My wife cannot know about this.

My boss (VP of operations) is a bit paranoid because I notified him 2 days after the incident and because I'm the best director he has ever had and I perform exceptionally well, he decided to sweep this under the rug and pretty much ignore it. I would never throw him under the bus so I will not mention that I told him.

So far all I know is that there has been a sexual harassment complaint on me and an investigation has opened up. I will be speaking with the investigator (forgot his official title), and subsequently the HR manager and VP. I'm nervous about it. he's a former law enforcement detective and from what I've heard he is a pretty tough guy. He has a very aggressive interviewing approach and does not play games. He will try to get me to crack.

My boss told me that he was advised that a suspension may be imminent and to possibly prepare to seek a replacement. This means I might get terminated. I would like to know what type of proof there may be against me. This incident happened 3 months ago.

I get off work in 3 hours and I cannot focus. This is devastating. please provide, in vivid detail, the steps that I need to take starting right now.

quote:

I've been completely numb the past couple of days. I got fired.

They loving got surveillance of me. The investigator refused to show me the video and I denied the allegations vehemently. HR manager and VP said they interviewed "several people" and suspended me indefinitely. My boss told me afterwards to prepare for the termination notice.

I told my wife I was laid off. She can never know the truth. I don't know how long I'm going to spend jobless. I worked hard to move up in the world and finally got the job of a lifetime with a great salary. This is devastating.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wasn’t there another one from the wife’s POV because he claimed he just got randomly fired or something and she was like wtf.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Still desperately want to know what was really in that surveillance footage

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

MarcusSA posted:

Wasn’t there another one from the wife’s POV because he claimed he just got randomly fired or something and she was like wtf.

I don't think it was the same couple

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Still desperately want to know what was really in that surveillance footage

There has to be something a lot more damning than what he said.

I do like the "I was drunk!" excuse, which proves to me I cannot ever start drinking, because alcohol just removes all the inhibitors you have normally. I'm afraid I would try to chat someone up about some Flannery O'Connor short stories. "No, I'm not racist, that's the title!"

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Pomme de Terror posted:

Love a happy ending :allears:

WIBTA for leaving my job after a manager told me im just a lowly employee who can be replaced?

STDH. Or at the very least, OP is a loving moron who's misinterpreted everything. By teen witch's decree, I'm gonna back this up with having lived with my father's business of being hotelier for ~40 years, ~20 of which where as a GM. Multinational one, big things, but even for some tiny lovely roadside motel it'll be the same. That, and being a functional adult being that's worked in a business before, I guess?

An accountant is absolutely a valid way of working your way up into higher management (as is F&B, etc). But the GM role, and the #2, oversees a lot of poo poo. If you've spent 3 months doing nothing but accounting, you're a fuckin' accountant and nobody's grooming you for poo poo. It's not even maliciousness from being hired with a bait&switch, because if that was so you'd clue in after a week of night duties. The most absolutely generous interpretation of the OP is that they where hired for their role and made some side comment of "Oh hey, looks like there's an opening of top tog, that'd be great!" while the interviewer nods on, then when it's brought up 3 months later she gets laughed at, so the OP runs off to the internet to twist everything. Like that GM role is still open, who are the people holding things together? Not the OP, she has no idea what's going on up there. And that's the generous interpretation - this is all assuming it's not some poor effort bandwagon of reddit's recent theme of writing stories of workers telling off their bosses and walking out while everyone claps.

Oh and I just noticed the age. 23 y/o being hired as a GM, suuuuuure.

edit: beaten, so bad. goddamnit.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 3, 2021

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I believe so but haven't found it... Did find a third though that was missed before...
Do you tell employers why you fired someone?(reference check)

quote:

I was a Director of Operations. I was terminated for sexually harassing a non-employee at a hotel(company function).

I have applied for many positions as Director and mid level manager. I have six interviews set up. I know once I get to the reference check, they will contact my previous employer. I need to know what type of information they can legally provide.

My (now former) boss has not returned a single call or text and neither has HR. I would like for them to say that they laid me off as opposed to termination.

I cannot get unemployment and have money to cover the next six months of bills but would like to get back to working.

What can my former employer tell a new employer? If they are allowed to tell them that I was terminated and why, how can I ever recover from this? I've never been so stressed in my life. I have a wife and children.

I never harassed an employee and never will. I also cut the drinking and will NEVER screw up again. Please help.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Cowslips Warren posted:

There has to be something a lot more damning than what he said.

I always assumed that he whipped it out in the pool or something. He was probably also an absolute rear end in a top hat to the staff members who told him to stop harassing other guests, because don't they know who he is? He's a Director of Operations!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I do like the ones where the husband gets fired and it turns out something insane is going on like he punched someone at the Christmas party or he got laid of 6 months ago and has been driving to a parking lot and sitting in the car for 8 hours a day

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for leaving through the bathroom window when I saw my date had underwear on his wall like a trophy?
a disturbing number of serial killers relied on :decorum: to get victims

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I do like the ones where the husband gets fired and it turns out something insane is going on like he punched someone at the Christmas party or he got laid of 6 months ago and has been driving to a parking lot and sitting in the car for 8 hours a day

It's double-fun because instead of mounting and hiding debt while pretending to be Daddy Business, they could've... just... gotten a job. Like, any job.

LanceHunter posted:

A lot of folks who had real bad experiences with the spice synthetic marijuana would testify that yes, very much so.

Goddamn that stuff was awful. Only time I ever heard voices while using drugs, and I've done my fair share. loving K2 Summit, $25 a gram to get slammed facefirst through a psychic cheesegrater.

Anyway, content.

This one's from TrueOffMyChest, thought it was worth putting here:

Six years ago I switched my wife's cat with a more well-behaved lookalike.

quote:

Six years ago, i swapped my then-girlfriend now-wife's cat with a more well-behaved lookalike.

She had an all black cat that was extremely aggressive. It scratched everyone, hissed at everyone, and didn't use its litterbox half the time. My wife insisted she could get it to behave better. One week she went out of town to visit her family and I was supposed to go to her apartment and feed it.

The first night I went over, it scratched the poo poo out of my arm. I joked to the cat that it's not special and I'll replace it if it scratches again. The joke stuck with me until I had thought about it enough that it wasn't a joke. The next morning I went to the local animal shelter. Found an identical cat who was already litterbox trained and acclimated to people, but was a little skiddish (it's old owner died of a heart attack and the animal shelter people said they think that's why it was skiddish). But overall, it was a lot friendlier and better behaved, and the skiddishness would help it resemble the original cat.

So I adopted it, took it to my wife's apartment, settled it in, then drove her original cat to an animal shelter a town over (I was paranoid my wife would find out if I took it to a local one).

It's been 6 years since then. We got married 4 years ago. We still have the swapped cat. It answers to the original cat's name. My wife knows nothing. She loves this cat and brags about how much better behaved it is. Everytime I see it, I feel like a total piece of poo poo.

Edit: For the people saying the other cat was likely euthanized by the shelter, I just double-checked and the shelter I dropped it off at was and still is a no-kill shelter.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LanceHunter posted:

Unpaid property taxes are no joke. County foreclosures take precedent over bank foreclosures, and at the very least you're gonna have a lien on the title pretty much immediately once the tax bill is unpaid.

Yeah I took a quick look into it out of curiosity and it seems way more serious when the county or the state comes for you. If your bank forecloses on you they need to sell the house and give you the difference after fees and taxes assuming you have equity in the home. It looks like there are multiple ways for the county to transfer the title and/or right to collect the debt to third parties at auction.

On the plus side if that happens you can pretty much trash the home since the leeches who invest in tax lien properties buy sight unseen and it’s a drawn out process to evict the tenants, varying by state and municipality. Although a few years of not paying property taxes doesn’t really come out as being better than owning your home. This is a bit out of my studies though and seems more like bankruptcy attorney territory, I don’t normally deal with people who are drowning in debt.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

spouse posted:

Anyway, content.

This one's from TrueOffMyChest, thought it was worth putting here:

Six years ago I switched my wife's cat with a more well-behaved lookalike.

Yeah... There is no way the wife ever learning about this turns out well. Take this one to the grave.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Here's my all time favorite

Me [30F] with my bf [35M] of 6 years, I have repeatedly caught him lying and just discovered he is hiding that our house is being foreclosed on. I don't know what to do.

quote:

Hi reddit. I'm pretty desperate to be posting here. My boyfriend browses reddit so I have used a throwaway and changed the details a tad and will need to be vague about other things. My apologies.

TL;DR My lying boyfriend may have lost his inherited house to foreclosure, after we got evicted from our rental property, because he insists on handling the finances and does so poorly. Can counseling help us or is the relationship a loss and I should run? I don't have a job or a car but I am in college. Moving would mean a super long commute or dropping out. Should I give him a deadline to get a job or stay silent and re access the situation once my semester is over?

I am a 30 year old female currently in a 6 year relationship with my boyfriend who is 35. The past few years have been extremely rocky for us. 2 years ago my boyfriend began to start the process of opening a small business. I was all for it and he asked for my help. I was unhappy with my current job so I went part-time to help him while he quit his job outright. I was under the impression that we were financially secure enough that we would have enough money to survive until the business was open. I later learned this was a lie.

The first lie was that he had secured a building for the business but would never let myself or any of our friends who were helping him go to the building. After expressing my concerns to a mutual friend they suggested I ask for physical evidence that he owned the building because our friend could not find anything online like real estate transfers or taxes that indicated my bf had bought the building. That night when I got home I asked to see the key to the building. When he gave some excuse for not having it on him I flat out said that I thought he was lying and that the building didn't exist. We then had the worse fight in our entire relationship. We were both sobbing, me because I felt betrayed and him because he was scared I was going to leave him that night. He begged me not to leave. He claimed that he did try to buy a building but at the last second the owner changed their mind and didn't want to sell and that he was too embarrassed to come forward and tell of us and was hoping he would be able to secure another building before we found out. As a result he lost a friend and another friend took a giant step back. Both of these people still consider me a friend.

After this we struggled to survive. We had to constantly borrow money off his parents for groceries. He claimed that he was scrounging up enough money to pay our rent and utilities. Our cell phones were turned off in April of that year. My phone was a requirement for my job so I was let go. In June we discovered that our landlord had start the proceedings to evict us. The court document said it was for unpaid rent. My boyfriend still swears up and down that he paid our rent, delivering it to our landlord in cash. We found out too late to fight it. His parents offered to let us stay with them until we got back on our feet so we moved in with them.

Both of his parents were sick and elderly. Within a few months of us moving in his mother ended up in the hospital and ended up passing away. His father was extremely disabled but was of sound mind so we told him we would stay and take care of him so he wouldn't have to go to a nursing home. My boyfriend and I fought constantly about the care of his father. My boyfriend felt that I wasn't doing my part. In hindsight, I agree with him, but at the time his father did show a preference of being cared for by his son when it came to bodily functions.

By now we were both struggling with depression. I felt trapped. I started taking part-time classes at my community college. Nothing life changing, mainly some art classes to get myself out of the house. My boyfriend stayed home to take care of his father and said he would work on starting his small business when his father no longer needed our care whether it was his death or where it got to the point where we could not take care of him.

Last summer his father took a sudden turn for the worse and he passed away. I continued to take classes at school while my boyfriend claimed he was very slowly moving forward with his small business. We ran out of money just before Thanksgiving. My boyfriend claims that we are still owed both his father's life insurance as well as the remainder of his mother's that was put into his father's bank account and never touched it. My boyfriend would always try to cheer me up and tell me that everything was going to be ok and that he would fix it and I believed him.

In January when I was having a particularly bad episode of depression my boyfriend claimed that in a matter of a few days he applied for a job online, was interviewed, hired, and mailed his first assignment. He claimed the job was for red-team security. Something about it reminded me of the building incident from a couple years ago so I asked him to see his first assignment, the paperwork, an email with the job offer, anything. He claimed he had to delete the email for security purposes but would be able to show me the computer the company had supposedly mailed him. After this talk I took a quick shower and when I had gotten out and was in the process of getting dressed he brought a backpack into the room, opened it up only a little and said "see? There's the computer they sent me." I took one glance at it and just said "that's the back of a cable box." He went quiet for a moment and then said "how do you always catch me?". We then had another bad fight. I was upset because I had told him in the past that after the last incident I never wanted him lying to me again. I just wanted him to tell me the truth so we could work on it together. He claimed he was tired of seeing me being so sad and depressed and he hoped that by fibbing about the job that maybe by the time things seemed amiss that he would had already gotten a new job. I yelled at him for two hours. I'm not proud of it. I called one of my friends to see if I could stay at her place for awhile to think but she was out of town so it forced us to talk. The one thing that was different about this fight was that he insisted I was better off without him and that I should ran as far away from him as I could because he didn't want to ruin my life anymore than he already has. After this fight I began my own job search looking for a full-time job but so far I have had a few interviews but no offers.

Again, he promised to stop lying and hiding things. Again, I believed him that he would try to make a change. I insisted he get counseling for himself and that we get couples counseling. He agreed. Because of our money situation I was ok if we had to put off the couples counseling for awhile but he has state medical insurance because of a terminal health condition he has so I asked him to get that started ASAP and to please bring me some kind of evidence that he went. His appointment was late last month and his proof was a generic looking advertisement that was the size of a business card. I don't really believe that he went, especially with his story that the therapist offered him a prescription for adderall to help with anxiety on the first visit. His next appointment isn't until the end of June.

Maybe it was dumb of me, but up until this past January I was able to forgive all this. No one is perfect. Maybe he didn't realize how big the lies were until they were uncovered. It's hard for him to reach out for help because of shame and embarrassment. The excuses seemed reasonable.

The main thing that has me worried is that this past weekend I noticed he has received several letters from lawyers. I did not open his mail but he did leave one letter out in the open. I looked at it. It was a letter offering to represent him for the upcoming foreclosure of his parents house (his parents had taken out a loan for a new roof right before his father got extremely sick and used the house as collateral). The house we are living in. He hasn't transferred the house into his name yet at the (supposedly) advice of his parents' lawyer because there is a wrongful death lawsuit around his mother's death.

I cannot lose another house. I will not be homeless. I love him to death. I want to have a future with him and have a family but I am at my wit's end. I am absolutely convinced that if I leave him I will never find someone I love as much as him and that I will be alone for the rest of my life. I am finally coming to the conclusion that love is not enough and that I may need to sacrifice my dream of being a mother and raising a family in order to survive.

I spent all of Sunday morning debating on what to do. I'm not sure if I can stick it out until the end of the semester because the one thing stopping me is if I do leave him I'd have to move in with my mom and she lives over an hour away from my current address and my college. I'd have to drop out and repeat my current classes. My friend who lives much closer to me has offered me to let me take the place of her roommates who are moving out to get their own place (they are a couple who just got engaged) but the roommates won't be moving until the summer. My mom said I am welcome to take either her guest bedroom or even the entire finished basement of her house but again, I have school, no job, and no car. If I move in with her I will have 2 and a half hour commute via public transportation to school and a 2 hour commute home. I will also always be late for my morning class because the bus system just does not run early enough for me to get there on time.

For full disclosure I did one of those anonymous chats on a domestic abuse website. After answering all their questions honestly, The person I was talking with advised me that my situation seemed like it was a mixture of financial and emotional abuse and a small bit of digital. Financial because my boyfriend insists on handling our money and will only give me enough money to cover my food expenses while at school. Emotional because when my boyfriend and I fight he will sometimes threaten to stop taking his medications so that he can just let his terminal illness do it's job and maybe he'll drown in sleep as his lungs fill with fluid. I do hesitate to leave him because of this. I know I can't control what he does but I am sure that if I do leave him and he loses the house this is definitely what is going to happen. Digital because my boyfriend knows my password for my laptop from fixing it for me and I have found one of my chat clients open but the messages were still unread. I'm personally not sure if my relationship really is abusive but I do think it is definitely becoming toxic if it isn't already.

I'm debating on if I can talk to my boyfriend about any of this. I already confronted him about the foreclosure. He said he was waiting to hear back from the lawyer before telling me what was going on because he wanted to have some kind of news to help soften the blow.

If you have made it this far, thank you for listening.

I guess what I want to know is: can counseling still help us at this point or is our relationship too far gone? I want to give my boyfriend a deadline to get a job and start fixing our finances. Literally any job. The deadline would be the end of semester, so the middle of May. Is this a good idea or will it backfire and cause us to fight and break up sooner? Am I being silly by thinking that we might still be able to salvage our relationship? I'm thinking of packing a small bug out bag just in case. The bag would have a change of clothes, some toiletries, and my important papers like my birth certificate, immunizations, etc and so that if something happens I can run and not look back. 99% of the stuff here to replaceable.Is that a good idea? If I do this I would probably keep the bag in a locker at school or at one of my friend's houses.

edit: fixed some typos

*sticks hand into bonfire
"huh, I wonder when this will stop burning me"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That is such horse poo poo. I would know immediately if you replaced either of my girls, even with exact physical duplicates, just from their mews if not their behavior.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

pentyne posted:

Here's my all time favorite

Me [30F] with my bf [35M] of 6 years, I have repeatedly caught him lying and just discovered he is hiding that our house is being foreclosed on. I don't know what to do.

*sticks hand into bonfire
"huh, I wonder when this will stop burning me"

God. drat.

A living parable about pride is dating the human embodiment of the sunk cost fallacy.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I love 'How do you always catch me?'

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

he's right to think she's dumb enough to fall for the ol cable box trick: she's dumb enough to stay with him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RoboRodent posted:

Buckets of money, but allergic to spending any of it on anything but themselves.

latestagecapitalism.txt

cumshitter posted:

That is such horse poo poo. I would know immediately if you replaced either of my girls, even with exact physical duplicates, just from their mews if not their behavior.

Given the previous cat's behaviour, I suspect that the wife in question probably isn't the best or most attentive cat owner. The situation might have actually worked out for the best for all involved, including the cats.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

latestagecapitalism.txt

Given the previous cat's behaviour, I suspect that the wife in question probably isn't the best or most attentive cat owner. The situation might have actually worked out for the best for all involved, including the cats.

Every single bastard cat I've ever met had a neglectful owner. Also I hope the story is fake.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Counterpoint: we talk a lot about bad pet owners but what if the cat has "bad vibes"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope the story is fake too but this is why you should always chip your cats

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Maybe if this happened more often cats would straighten up and fly right.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Wife knows, but is secretly happy to have a better behaved cat

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Gonna hug my problematic boy a little closer tonight...until he starts scratching.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Wife knows, but is secretly happy to have a better behaved cat

This is how I choose to interpret it. They both know but will never tell the other one. Years from now, on their deathbed they will hold hands and whisper "that cat was poo poo".

The cat in question, of course, was reformed by its prison stay and now works as a actuary in upstate new york

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I choose to believe problem cat found a good home and is the happiest of all parties in the story. Someone could be scratching him behind the ears as he's snoozing under a sunbeam right this very second.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I do like the "I was drunk!" excuse, which proves to me I cannot ever start drinking, because alcohol just removes all the inhibitors you have normally. I'm afraid I would try to chat someone up about some Flannery O'Connor short stories. "No, I'm not racist, that's the title!"

Just for the record, this is not how alcohol works. It's like 90% social; you're "allowed" to embarass yourself or be an rear end in a top hat because you can use the alcohol as an excuse. If you actually want to not sexually harass strangers so bad the entire company gets banned from the premises, you won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

(21) bf (22) is very upset about a sex toy i bought

quote:

i recently bought a vibrator for myself and for us to use together. i was really excited about it, and told him as soon as i bought it. he did not want me to get it and started getting really upset with me. he said it made him feel intimidated and small. he wanted me to cancel the order and after i couldn’t said he would compromise if i kept it at his house. i feel like this isn’t okay, and i struggle voicing my opinion so i just said i would do that. but the more i think about it the more it feels a bit controlling. i need some help on a good way to confront him on this feeling controlling and that it’s not because he isn’t enough.

lol every time