Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The previous thread had a multipage fight about hotswapping cats. No matter how absurd a jokey a post about the subject was, a cat owner would insist on responding.

Please be careful thread! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Mx. posted:

(21) bf (22) is very upset about a sex toy i bought

lol every time

There are very few things less attractive in a sexual partner than being insecure that you might feel pleasure they didn't cause.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Bug Squash posted:

The previous thread had a multipage fight about hotswapping cats. No matter how absurd a jokey a post about the subject was, a cat owner would insist on responding.

Please be careful thread! :ohdear:

I'm a cat owner and wtf, hotswapping cats is just a cruel thing to do. please tell me it was a fake post

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

some Flannery O'Connor short stories. "No, I'm not racist, that's the title!"

Lovecraft's cat strikes again!

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Mx. posted:

(21) bf (22) is very upset about a sex toy i bought

lol every time
She should tell him to go gently caress himself, but she should keep the vibrator first so he doesn’t misinterpret.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BabyFur Denny posted:

I'm a cat owner and wtf, hotswapping cats is just a cruel thing to do. please tell me it was a fake post

Of course, they safely powered down the cat before switching it.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Me 26M my gf 26F cheated on me with a friend 27M and have left me for him, they both want me to remain friendly with them so does all my other friends.

quote:

So I am in hell people I thought I knew since elementary have decided that my gf and my friend cheating on me is just fine they were just more compatible and you will find someone don't worry they say.

They still want to include me socially when we all go out but I have to watch my ex-gf and my "friend" be a couple.

And think I will get over it easily but it's become torture for me and have pulled away from them.

I woke up this morning hating them all and never felt so alone and patethic in my life.

These are not just causal aquintances but people I have known since I was a kid, people who I am close to or so I thought they all knew as well.

I just feel ridiculed and don't wanna hang out with them anymore and feel like I wanna throw up.

I was never the hookup type I look okay but I am not like my friends who hook up and for them sex is no big deal.

I honestly feel like I am on a collision course with my entire social circle and just wanna cut them all out of my life.

Sorry for rambling I have no idea if I am overreacting or even what to do anymore so anybody else have a simmilar situation.

Luckily, it only took a couple hours before Reddit got him to put his head on straight:

quote:

Yes they know she cheated and the guy is not some random but one that was part of our social group and who I had known since I was a kid.

I sendt another friend in our group a message and told him that they were all finished with me and wanted nothing more to do with my ex, him or the rest of the group for that matter.

You guys humiliated me and expect me to be okay with it, sorry I can't do it and as far as I am concerned you are all finished with me.

My phone has been blowing up for the past hour with everyone calling me including my ex, I refuse to pick up.

I deleted them all of my FB and just put the phone to silent, and will go to work tomorrow as usual.

What always gets me about these stories (and its happened to me too!) is where someone is clearly disliked by the rest of the friend group, or at least liked the least, but the group tries desperately to keep them around when they try to leave

Although I guess in this case they don't want to feel guilty so they think being friends will make it go away

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Reminds me of an observation I saw that most groups need one or two people pretty clearly at the top, and one or two pretty clearly at the bottom. Everyone else is then able to define themselves as vaguely in the middle without fighting for status.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Given the previous cat's behaviour, I suspect that the wife in question probably isn't the best or most attentive cat owner. The situation might have actually worked out for the best for all involved, including the cats.

Possibly a terrible cat owner but you'd basically have to treat a cat as a living accessory to not notice any change in its behavior. Also you would have to have no sense of smell to have a cat who doesn't use its box half the time. Cats are desert animals and they evolved to retain water, which is why their piss is so concentrated and smelly. It speaks worse of the OP if he married someone who lived in a cat piss soaked apartment.

If a cat isn't using its box half the time you are sure as hell going to smell it. And if you marry someone who lives in that then you aren't the hero, you just have low standards.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

She did notice though, I feel like most people wouldn't think of a switcheroo as a possibility and just assume something else changed. I love the idea that they both know and it'll be a deathbed confession.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
OP says she suspects nothing. However, I would not fault a lady who lives in a cat piss soaked apartment from buying into the lie and marrying a guy who walked straight out of a sitcom plot. She's not going to do better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leaving posters around town like:

Have you seen this cat?
<photo of cat>
He sucks

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Captain Fargle posted:

Simple answer: You are the Red Army and their house is Berlin.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

sullat posted:

He said it was taxes, and let's be honest, the IRS isn't going to take your house for $1500. The state of Georgia might, I guess. If grandma is paying taxes directly rather than having it go through escrow, she probably owns it free and clear, and thanks to step-up basis on death, the kid is gonna get a huge tax-free windfall if he sells now.

I kinda need to say though, it's a dick move for your will to say "Congratulations X, you win the house! Of course to actually enjoy it you will need to issue eviction proceedings against your single mother extended family member, I'm definitely not doing that before I shuffle off! I'm sure everyone will see it as a fun surprise and that will work out fine for you, byeeeee!"

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for pulling my daughter out of a wedding?

quote:

So the short story for background is that I have bad anxiety that runs from okay to severe. I had a miscarriage several months ago and that really hasn’t helped at all.

Back in January our friends asked if our daughter could be in their wedding as flower girl. I was thrilled about it and we of course said yes. This was before the miscarriage. Since then it became harder for me to focus on things and I admittedly was a little flakey with planning on getting together with her for flower girl practice and things like that.

I had a huge bout of anxiety right before their wedding and I refused to go or let my girls out of my sight. My husband was in the wedding party and he wanted to take her anyway but I told him he wasn’t taking my daughter and they would have to understand. She’s just a flower girl it’s not a big deal and I just couldn’t handle it.

The bride is furious with me now. She called to scream at me and tell me how I was such a bitch for using MY anxiety as an “excuse” to not come to the wedding and keep my daughter away. She accused me of wasting her time and money. I told her she needed to read on mental illness and hung up on her.

Now everyone is mad at me. My own husband agreed with her calling me a bitch and said I was rude and inconsiderate and that I caused problems between him and the groom because of the little tantrum the bride threw. I don’t owe anyone an explanation for my illness and I don’t think I’m the one at fault especially when they know how not myself I’ve been. My mom agrees that they’re acting entitled (to my time and my daughter) and need to let it go.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Barudak posted:

Counterpoint: we talk a lot about bad pet owners but what if the cat has "bad vibes"?

teen witch why didn't this catch a probe?!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Advice not really needed, just a question: Are intoxicated people not at all aware of their actions or words?

quote:

I’m (18m) bIack and my girlfriend (31f) is whte. She sort of has an aIcohol problem and sometimes takes her anger out on me when she’s that way. She called me n***** several times in an argument and it upset me. I wanted to talk about my feelings but she said she was drunk so it technically doesn’t mean anything because she wasn’t herself. If you’re intoxicated are you really unaware about your speech and such?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

theflyingexecutive posted:

She did notice though, I feel like most people wouldn't think of a switcheroo as a possibility and just assume something else changed. I love the idea that they both know and it'll be a deathbed confession.

every time my cat changes his behaviour too much i take him to the vet

and they tell me "it's ok he's just very stupid"

i hope nobody switcheroos him for a smarter cat

e:

Whorelord posted:

Advice not really needed, just a question: Are intoxicated people not at all aware of their actions or words?

jesus christ

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whorelord posted:

When the red flags your girlfriend is waving has the stars and bars on them

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

spouse posted:

There are very few things less attractive in a sexual partner than being insecure that you might feel pleasure they didn't cause.
the man-child cartel jealously defends their monopoly on
  • phallic objects
  • opening jars
because lord knows there isn't anything else they're bringing to the table

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Tell me you're into racist sex fantasies without telling me you're into racist sex fantasies.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for throwing my boyfriend a surprise party?

quote:

My bf and I have been together for 3 years and we have never celebrated his birthday. The reason is that his parents sadly passed away on the day he turned 5 so he basically hates his birthdays. So every year when that day comes around he gets into a depressive mood and stays in his bed all day. It’s very sad to watch. (Oddly enough he doesn’t have a problem attending other people’s birthdays. And he threw amazing parties for me in the past).

The issue is that birthdays are a huge deal in my family. We love to go all out and create amazing memories. It’s a tradition of ours and it’s something I love to do, for my boyfriend as well. I understand that his bday is tied to a deeply traumatic event however I decided it’s time to replace those memories. My goal was to create happy memories on his special day and what better way than throwing a beautiful party, right? My mom thought this was a great idea as well.

So last week I threw him a surprise party, complete with gorgeous decorations, gifts and tons of great people. I put in so much effort and with the help of my friends really outdid myself. I was so excited for his reaction.

It was awful. He basically turned up and left as soon as we started singing happy birthday. He wasn’t even there for a full minute.I followed him out to encourage him to stay but he got physically sick and literally threw up behind a bush.

Him disappearing and not even attending his own party was mortifying and made me look like a fool in front of everyone. We still partied but I was very hurt by his actions so it ruined the mood.

The next morning we had a massive argument. It was really bad and he legit spent the rest of the day ignoring me which is something he NEVER does. Afterwards he decided to spent a couple of nights at his friend’s house. I actually spoke with said friend and that didn’t go well either (he literally scolded me wtf).

I just wanted to do something that I thought would cheer him up. So AITA?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*Chemical brothers voice* BACK WITH ANOTHER OF THOSE HOT-SWAPPIN' CATS

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Soylent Pudding posted:

Oops

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

(Oddly enough he doesn’t have a problem attending other people’s birthdays. And he threw amazing parties for me in the past).

BIRTHDAY PARTIES ARE NOT THE ISSUE HE HAS

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
You read the first paragraph of that and know exactly how it's going to go.

Yeah your girlfriend should totally not make your parents death anniversary about herself.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

Voice your opinion of his issues

Actually, this could cover both Dick the Birthday Boy and the OP whose BF's parrot was killed by his brother:

At least the OP didn't flip out and pound a ring into a metal nugget using a convenient hammer

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Nov 3, 2021

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"

Brawnfire posted:

*Chemical brothers voice* BACK WITH ANOTHER OF THOSE HOT-SWAPPIN' CATS

WIBTA for taking someone to small claims court for vet bills + car damage for trying to save my dog who didn't need saving?

quote:

2nd Edit/Conclusion: My dogs feets will be fine! The glass didn't manage to dig into anything vital and apparently tissue glue is akin to magic. He'll actually be cone-free in a few days! Looked into how to file a case in small claims court, will proceed with that on Monday. Will be a hot minute before that resolves though, these things take time.

In hopes of tamping down the amount of hate PMs I'm getting over leaving my dog in the car in the summer, I feel like folks are forgetting that all of the horror stories involve a driver pulling into a parking lot and exiting the vehicle to run into a store where they get held up and the car becomes an oven. That was not the case in this instance, my car had been sitting for half an hour and I checked the temperature before I loaded my dog into the car. If it had been a sauna in there I wouldn't have left him in the car.

Edit: Hopefully this doesn't get this thread banned. This seems to be coming up a lot in responses, I do not contest that the dude had a justifiable concern when it came to breaking a window of my car. The bone of contention is whether his good intentions balance out lacerating all four of my dogs feet because he smashed the window all over my dog and then left my dog in the car with broken glass all over the place. (He's 35lbs and had a leash and harness on.)

I'm in the waiting room at the pet ER right now waiting for my dog to get window glass taken out of his feet and I'm honestly so furious I'm amazed I can spell.

Earlier today I took my dog to the dog park, as one does when one has a dog and wants a moment's peace during the day. It's about 80F here, but humid so my dog ran around a bit then kinda flopped over in the shade. Since he'd done the shadeflop I hooked him up and we went to leave. We got to the car and I realized I had left his water bottle in the park.

Now, the parking lot for the dog park is shared by a bunch of different things and has had a recent problem with car break-ins and I am not aware of a way to lock my car doors while the car is running. So I figured, it's two minutes, the car is parked in the shade, I'll just put him in, lock the doors, and run to grab the bottle. When I left him he was alert, sitting up, and panting like the dickens because he was running around on a hot summer day.

Just as I grabbed the water bottle I heard glass smash, which was weird, so I hustled back to my car and found some guy leaning into my car through my freshly broken window. Conversation is approximately as follows:

Me: "What the actual gently caress do you think you're doing?!"

Random dude emerges from my car with a tiny plastic water bottle and a tire iron, "You locked your dog in the car on a hot day, look at how he's panting!"

Me: "I was gone for two minutes, the car is parked in the shade, and the dog is panting because WE'RE LEAVING THE loving DOG PARK!"

It was at this point my dog started making big yipe sounds and I shove the dude away from my car and take a look. Rather than think about what he's doing and break the window so the glass falls down, this guy had just gone full send with his tire iron and sprayed the entire backseat in shards of broken glass, which my stressed out dog was pacing back and forth over.

In all the hullabaloo with people trying to figure out what's going on and me doing my best to figure out how to ease my dog's pain, this guy has realizes he made a rather massive oopsie and tries to just sneak into his truck and leave. So while I'm cradling my dog so he's not putting weight on his glass impregnated feet I plant myself behind his truck so the random dude can't leave, and ask a dog park friend with free hands to call the police. Dude had the stones to actually say "What the gently caress man I was trying to help."

Police came and took a report, got everyone's information and I was told this was a civil matter and should probably be handled in small claims court.

If the guy had JUST broken my window I most likely would've chalked it up to good intentions gone wrong and eaten the cost of replacing the window myself. This is not just a broken window however, this is also my dog getting hurt pretty badly and I don't feel like this is a thing I can let slide.

WIBTA for taking this clown to court for vet costs and the cost of replacing my window?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

My theory: there were actually three cats in this story, and they both did a switch without realizing the other partner did the same.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The cat swapping will come to light because the dude is so proud of his scheme. Feels terrible my rear end.

It's a good scheme though, would probably work with a bunch of cats; especially cats owned by goons reading this thread.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

thotsky posted:

The cat swapping will come to light because the dude is so proud of his scheme. Feels terrible my rear end.

It's a good scheme though, would probably work with a bunch of cats; especially cats owned by goons reading this thread.

Are you trying to gaslight the thread into suspecting that their cats have been swapped out with impostors?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

spouse posted:

I wish this would fit as a thread title. gently caress, there should be a whole chapter in Sex Ed with this title.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My cat was swapped out for two identical cats 2:3 the size.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I had two cats and they got brundlefly'd into one cat

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The cat swapping one grosses me out, ngl

He did it so quickly, what the gently caress else of importance to her would he be willing to take into his own hands and 'fix' for his own convenience?? Cat was a member of her family, even if he was a little poo poo. loving terrifying.

\/\/\/ Maybe? That's some weird justification. We don't really know what happened to it, we could make up stories about how once freed from his clearly neglectful mother (who didn't even notice he was replaced), he became Puss in Boots and everyone loved him and then he danced on a rainbow, if we'd like. It's not about whether the cat was 'better off' or not, it's about OP unilaterally deciding to swap out a member of her family once he got it in his head to do so. He should feel like poo poo, at minimum. That's creepy AF.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 3, 2021

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

If you don't love your cat enough to notice it's been swapped, it's better off somewhere else. If you don't love your lady enough to let her buzz herself, she's better off with someone else.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Try reading this one without hearing Cave Johnson's voice.

AITA For telling people not to take my lemons?

quote:

This is probably the pettiest problem on this whole site, but here we go. On my street, in front of every house, there is a lemon tree, probably around five to ten years old (they aren't super big). They are planted right againt the front fence of every house. While they are on council land and the council planted them, the upkeep (fertilising, trimming, weeding, removal of fallen lemons) is the responsibility of the home owners. I love to cook, so I was really excited when we moved in at how many lemons we'd have at our disposal; except I haven't gotten one. I live in Australia, and because our farmers mainly rely on the underpaid labour of internationals to do the fruit picking, a lot of fruit was not picked this year, driving up to price of fruit in stores. Every day people stop in front of our house, and pick the lemons. Not one or two, but bags of them, and often the ones that haven't even ripened yet. They have picked the lower tree clean, and I was talking to my husband about how maybe they'll stop since there are none in their reach. Today an elderly couple pulled up in front of our house with a ladder and began picking lemons. I confronted them, and they were very rude, telling me to mind my own business and that the lemons are for the people. I said that I take care of the tree, and that several lemons are fine, but please don't take anymore, as they are depriving us from having any. They left, but after how they laughed at me while leaving, I'm tempted to go out and take all the lemons off my tree so people will stop coming by. Honestly, if people just took a couple or asked to take some, I wouldn't care, but I feel like these people are taking advantage of my hard work because they are too cheap to by some at the local shop.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

haveblue posted:

I hope the story is fake too but this is why you should always chip your cats

I was figuring out how to replace a lost key for a late 90s Suzuki, specifically how to code a new key transponder to the immobiliser. Lots of shady key cloning devices that have all sorts of functions that I don't need for $$$$. Turns out pet id chips and this specific model of key transponder are functionally identical.
Vet buddy let me borrow his writer, a day or so of software fiddling , ta-da, new working key! and my spare key is currently asleep under a mango tree.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Indiana Jones replacing things moral weights:
ok: ketchup, favorite mug
weird: stuffed animal
wrong: pets
wtf: wife 3 months after death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

Try reading this one without hearing Cave Johnson's voice.

AITA For telling people not to take my lemons?

Lemon Stealing Whores gets the gritty reboot nobody asked for