Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nodoze posted:

Who knows how much of money they wanted the Browns to eat given they don't have the free cap space (lol, saints and cap space) to take the whole deal on at the moment

Cutting him and eating a cap hit mid season is dumb. Just get a sandwich and eat the cap hit. We can't be planning to pay mayfield right now and Ward is not worth top 10 corner money. There's nobody to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Rumors were it would've been a late pick AND the Browns would eat salary. So I'm guessing they hope he's willing to just give back some money to gain his freedom. They'd probably prefer the cap over the late pick.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Cutting him and eating a cap hit mid season is dumb. Just get a sandwich and eat the cap hit. We can't be planning to pay mayfield right now and Ward is not worth top 10 corner money.

cap space can roll over. They need to at least pay Teller, not to mention whoever else is free.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Plausible reason the Browns didn't do a deal for him yesterday is that they didn't think (which, lmao if true) he would shoot his way out of town if he didn't get dealt

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
How many years do you need not to go through waivers? I was sure Odell qualified

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

indigi posted:

How many years do you need not to go through waivers? I was sure Odell qualified

I believe that only matters prior to the trade deadline. After that everyone goes through it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Lollllllll this is my favorite football story of the year

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

indigi posted:

Post-trade deadline everyone has to go through waivers. The pre-trade deadline rule is veterans with more than 4 accrued seasons would be released and not go on waivers.

I think

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
rodgers this loving clown thinks you can protect yourself from covid by eating clay and charging your chakras

what youre actually supposed to do is eat avocados and will yourself to perfect health the tb12 way

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Magicpants posted:

rodgers this loving clown thinks you can protect yourself from covid by eating clay and charging your chakras

what youre actually supposed to do is eat avocados and will yourself to perfect health the tb12 way

What if you combine the two

Do you become a god?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/1455652627988029441

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

For some reason "negative isotopes" is annoying me the most here

Edit: And "negative charges" binding to "negative isotopes" ffs

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Putting Odell on waivers would be the ultimate own because he’s probably getting claimed by the Jags, Lions or Dolphins.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lollllllll this is my favorite football story of the year

Really? Not the Texas Coach's stripper girlfriend named Pole Assassin's monkey biting a kid while trick or treating?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
"Aaron Rodgers eats clay to beat covid" isn't a storyline I expected

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
ODB to the Jags, but he and Urban Meyer have to live together in a studio apartment.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

HappyHippo posted:

For some reason "negative isotopes" is annoying me the most here

Edit: And "negative charges" binding to "negative isotopes" ffs

yeah apparently clay has a negative charge, so all the negative charges in your body get like kind of sucked up by it and then go out from your body i think. im not too sure of the science exactly, my cab driver explained it better

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
This hell-world will somehow worsen if an unvaccinated Rodgers promptly returns from Covid and plays well.

Obv he's getting regularly tested so they caught it early enough and he's wealthy enough to immediately receive monoclonal antibody treatment. The milliins who will continue to ignore vaccination outreach sure as gently caress don't have either of those privileges.

gently caress Ruggs man, like jesus christ.

What a senseless tragedy. I hope that poor woman's family can find solace somehow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gonna root around in my garden like a hog to immunize myself from a pandemic

this is why WFT fans are immune

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

ODB to the Jags, but he and Urban Meyer have to live together in a studio apartment.

Ol Dirty Bastard got waived??

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Really? Not the Texas Coach's stripper girlfriend named Pole Assassin's monkey biting a kid while trick or treating?

that kid had it coming. there were signs

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Shailene Woodley and Tom Friedman driving around in cabs to get just the shittiest takes imaginable

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

On one hand, the Lions' WR depth chart is Kalif Raymond and literally that's it. On the other, Beckham does TikTok dances and is known as a "diva".

I bet you can figure out if they'd put in a claim.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Joey Freshwater posted:

This feels so wholesome compared to other off-field news. Some real "it's 2013 and things seem okay, now look at this ridiculous poo poo" vibes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

wilderthanmild posted:

Came her to post this. He is rightly hosed for this if there is even a shred of justice in the world.

In a just world the woman he hit would be alive and he'd have been ejected from his car at 126mph.

Why can’t we have nice things where they hit a tree and the lady and dog went unharmed. Yes I realize Vegas doesn’t have trees.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*checks Lions cap space numbers*

No, this definitely isn’t happening.

Nov 6, 2002

Really wish the Giants could claim him for maximum lols.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Excuse me, what?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Lifespan posted:

Is it just me or is this a great ad for the Corvette. Untrained driver pulling 156mph on a city street and an impact at over 120mph resulted in only minor injuries (to the people in the car itself).

The rear vehicle in rear end collisions doesn't typically see a ton of significant injury. Vehicle front ends are absolutely incredible at minimalizing injury -IF- they actually absorb the impact. You only really get the horror show stuff when someone's front end is way shorter than the other car's rear. The Corvette has a lower bumper but I doubt it's low enough that it physically missed the Rav's undercarraige. He would likely be in much worse shape if he had hit any sort of commercial vehicle or maybe a particularly large pickup.

Every once in a while you see someone rear end a semi trailer or construction vehicle at speed and those are often really, really bad.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Clay-ron Rodgers :laffo:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Excuse me, what?

Don't mind me I'm just here to see someone find out about this in real time :allears:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
i followed that ladys advice and asked my last taxi driver about his customs. turns out hes from a place called Duluth and apparently where hes from it is customary to sit and spin

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nodoze posted:

I dont know if anyone will take Odells contract as is, but if he clears waivers then a bunch of teams will kick the tires

It’s 8 million for this year and done? Who doesn’t take that? The colts would and they are cheap and out of the playoffs

Nov 6, 2002

Most of the teams that could handle that contract are either circling the drain and/or have crummy QBs. The Chargers have space though and I'd like to see what happens when Beckham plays with an honest to goodness top QB.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
whitegirl.txt

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1455964480622538758

LOL

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: The Packers are gonna lose Aaron Rodgers' last year to an uncontrolled COVID outbreak in their unvaccinated locker room

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lmao, a homemade homeopathic vaccine

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
“Doctor”doing a lot of work here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Oh my godddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh no. it's that type of person who hates their family, not the kind like me