Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Bug Squash posted:

I had a cat that definitely had something wrong with its brain. We called it feline autism, as he just couldn't understand the body language or actions of other cats. They could be hissing or trying to square up to him and he was just confused. Managed to survive regardless by virtue of being the largest moggie anyone had ever seen. Just lived for hunting though, and took out hares and herring gulls. I once saw him try and stalk a cow, but quickly worked out that was a bad idea when the cow started trying to sniff and paw at him.

This is my cat except she's terrified of everything. You can tell she's doing her best and trying really hard, her brain's just not putting two and two together. I'm pretty sure it actually is some kind of kitty autism. The other cat's trying her best to teach her too and fortunately is patient with her, but yeah, she's just not good at catting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

welcome to hell posted:

And surprising nobody, Chris was a poo poo DM and a racist.

Chris is the rear end in a top hat for being a DM that also runs a player character.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Chris is the rear end in a top hat for being a DM that also runs a player character.

Yeah that poo poo reeks of narcissism

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Serephina posted:

Oh my god, it's a real-life example of this scene, where your cat honestly judged it wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiKyfd6hA0

I'm going to assume it's Father Ted without bothering to click.

The answer is yes. He was incredibly stupid.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Bug Squash posted:

I had a cat that definitely had something wrong with its brain. We called it feline autism, as he just couldn't understand the body language or actions of other cats. They could be hissing or trying to square up to him and he was just confused.

My stepmom had a flat coat retriever like this. Lovely, sweet dog, but she could not understand that the free-roaming neighbour dog that had got into the yard and attacked her several times was not her friend.

She also never learned how stairs worked and had troubles with uncarpeted floors.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Uncle ShortyB posted:

AITA for still doing something my girlfriend did not want me to do?

This one isn't particularly notable but everyone in the comments is arguing about whether or not she's hiding something or if he's an rear end in a top hat for just doing professional networking with someone he'll without a doubt only have short interactions with after this. I mean if my fiancee got someone I know to buy a product from her company for their business I would just think "hell yeah extra money coming in" but I also wouldn't tell her "don't be friends with my friends." or say "just don't" if she asked why I said that.

My take is that she's either hiding something, she's frustrated/embarrassed that he's using her friends for business, or he's a lot less suave than the story conveys and acted like a used-car salesman at the party as soon as he smelled money.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Except you guys. You are the only ones to know this.

I'm gonna tell all your friends. :unsmigghh:

welcome to hell posted:

My Boyfriend Is a Loser and I'm Embarrassed, Please Advice on Dumping Him Smoothly

We don't have enough details, but this dude sounds a lot like friends I've had with delusions/schizophrenia that went untreated :smith:. Or he's just a weird bitter loser and she's catching on after a while. Either way, :getout:, that bridge pulling poo poo and the "He wants to "test" my lady parts' discharge for viscosity/fertility." stuff is dangerous.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Tired: Angry about landlords
Wired: Angry about multilayered landlords

He's an rear end in a top hat because he wrote "In my opinion, they didn’t earn the right to pay $500 a month", but a furnished place with built-in roommates to reduce costs is definitely worth more than the base rate of no utilities, no furniture. And if it's anything like where I live (southeast US in a booming city), renting a room in a house is infinitely better and cheaper than paying for a 1BR in some lovely apartment complex. This doesn't really seem that bad compared to other subletting schemes.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for playing an inappropriate TV show for my 6 year-old daughter?

quote:

I [31F] played a show called The Morning Show for my daughter [6F]. I was looking for a new show that we could watch together, and I stumbled upon this one while looking through our streaming services. Based on the title, I thought the show would be a fun/perky show about morning news, but it wasn’t. It’s about a crime, Jennifer Aniston, and has a lot of cussing and swearing. I realized about 30 minutes in that it wasn’t appropriate for my daughter and turned it off.

My wife [33F] is really upset with me, which is understandable as our daughter shouldn’t have been watching that. It definitely is my fault for not double checking the maturity rating/subject matter, but it was an honest lapse in judgment.

What my wife is the most angry about is that our daughter heard the “T” word on the show and repeated it at school to a classmate she doesn’t like. This resulted in a call from my daughter’s teacher and a disciplinary warning.

I apologized to my wife, but she’s still upset with me because our daughter will never “unsee” the show. I told her that she’s only 6 and it’s likely she’ll forget that this ever happened. Still, my wife thinks it was irresponsible of me to play a show like that, even though I did it on accident. Am I the rear end in a top hat here?
Guess before you unspoiler! Titty

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spouse posted:

My take is that she's either hiding something, she's frustrated/embarrassed that he's using her friends for business, or he's a lot less suave than the story conveys and acted like a used-car salesman at the party as soon as he smelled money.

It could easily just be a self confidence thing.

I had an insanely insecure flatmate once that flipped out when he found out I was talking to his mates and told me not to be friends with his friends. Which worked out in the end as 20 years later I'm still friends with these people and he isn't because it turns out being a bunch of drama gets old after a while.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

spouse posted:

I'm gonna tell all your friends. :unsmigghh:

We don't have enough details, but this dude sounds a lot like friends I've had with delusions/schizophrenia that went untreated :smith:. Or he's just a weird bitter loser and she's catching on after a while. Either way, :getout:, that bridge pulling poo poo and the "He wants to "test" my lady parts' discharge for viscosity/fertility." stuff is dangerous.

He's an rear end in a top hat because he wrote "In my opinion, they didn’t earn the right to pay $500 a month", but a furnished place with built-in roommates to reduce costs is definitely worth more than the base rate of no utilities, no furniture. And if it's anything like where I live (southeast US in a booming city), renting a room in a house is infinitely better and cheaper than paying for a 1BR in some lovely apartment complex. This doesn't really seem that bad compared to other subletting schemes.

yeah just pocket the bit you're skimming off the top and stfu about 'deserve', dude

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Wow, I wouldn't call Jennifer Aniston "a crime", she's just not the best actress

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Brawnfire posted:

*Chemical brothers voice* BACK WITH ANOTHER OF THOSE HOT-SWAPPIN' CATS

Holy poo poo, I'm not the only one who thought this

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The kinda people who say cussing would be a school district where a teacher calls you for a child saying the T word.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure I had learned all the usual swear words through cultural osmosis by age six or so. I don't think I knew what all of them meant, but I did know them.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

If I ever have children I look forward to, with glee, the moment that a teacher meets with me about swear words, lmfao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RoboRodent posted:

I'm pretty sure I had learned all the usual swear words through cultural osmosis by age six or so. I don't think I knew what all of them meant, but I did know them.

I learned them by watching George Carlin with my parents

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my sister in law that she cant sleep at my house for thanksgiving if she’s on her period?

quote:

My sister in law invited herself to my home to stay for Thanksgiving but I don’t want her sleeping at my home if she’s on her period. A few times in the past she has come to my home and stayed while she has been on her period. Both times she slept in our guest room and ruined our sheets and mattress pads. It looked like a massacre. To make matters worse she didn’t tell us, we had to find the disgusting sheets in our laundry and find the blood stains on the mattress pad. Not only that she has left tampons wrappers and bloody tampons in the toilet without flushing and blood on the toilet and inside of the toilet seat. I told my husband to say something to his sister, but he was too embarrassed to say anything . I figured I wouldn’t say anything because she was moving out of the country and l didn’t expect her to visit anymore. Well she just informed us that she’s coming for Thanksgiving and I informed her that I don’t want her sleeping over if she’s on her period because the last few times she left a nasty mess while on her period and It was disgusting. She cursed me out and called me a rude B*tch and said that’s why no one in her family likes me they only tolerate me because I’m married to her brother. I told her that’s fine, and Im not tolerating a grown woman staying in my home that cant control and clean up after herself while on her period. I understand having heavy periods but to leave a mess for everyone to see and to clean up is absolutely disgusting. Should I just kept quiet or am aita for telling her she can’t come if she’s on her period.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Wow strong whiplash between thinking OP was rear end in a top hat based on the title, to thinking NTA based on text.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The rare “person complains about someone’s period” story where the complainer is right.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ethiser posted:

The rare “person complains about someone’s period” story where the complainer is right.

Yeah, I was about to go WHO IS THIS ASSHO...oh wait that's crazy lol

Serephina posted:

Oh my god, it's a real-life example of this scene, where your cat honestly judged it wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiKyfd6hA0

Honestly the car phone joke at the end is the best bit.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't think I'd use the conditional "if you're on your period," I'd just say "you can't sleep at my house because you ruined my bedsheets last time and even made us clean it up." They treated you and your house with disrespect, they no longer have entitlement to free lodging.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I would refer to it as "bodily fluids" in front of other family members and let them sort out which

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
OP is still kind of an rear end in a top hat for framing it around her period, instead of just saying she can't come over as long as she's a unhygienic goblin that can't clean up after herself.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Tired: Angry about landlords
Wired: Angry about multilayered landlords

And this is why "no subletting" is on almost every tenant contract.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RoboRodent posted:

I learned all of them in third grade from a classmate, Vikki. She learned them from church, where some shortsighted person had explained to all the kids that those were bad words and they shouldn't say them.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
She put the tampon wrapper in the toilet? Who does that?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Uncle ShortyB posted:

AITA for still doing something my girlfriend did not want me to do?

Either she had some history with these "friends" (in particular the guy he met on social media) or he's the side dude & she doesn't want anyone to know

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

RoboRodent posted:

My mom has a thick Iraqi accent and I think thought the word was "shet" for many many years

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

pentyne posted:

edit: lol I just remember the famous Lowtax hospital picture was basically a gaslight where he had his mom come in and set everything up so he could take that picture.

This is a detail I didn’t know, lol.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bruceski posted:

I learned all of them in third grade from a classmate, Vikki. She learned them from church, where some shortsighted person had explained to all the kids that those were bad words and they shouldn't say them.
This is great because it is the exact kind of thinking a certain type of person would have and of course that person was someone who would give that explanation at church.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I think I had a stroke

AITA for wanting a grocery store employee fired because I feel uncomfortable?

Let me start by saying — I would never gently caress with someone’s job for no reason. Jobs feed mouths. I would never take away someone’s ability to survive, so I thought…

For about a month now every week I go to the local grocery store. I am followed to my car by an employee, every single time. I normally get bad vibes and scurry to my car and leave quickly. He is a very heavy guy and I am much quicker than him.

One time I went to the store with my husband, but he waited in the car. Employee followed me out, but then ran away when he saw my husband.

Anyways, I decided I was being a dick. It was probably just coincidence that he followed me every time, right?

So I take my time. I try not to feel stalked. I get in my car. Start it and take a sip of my drink.

Now buddy is at my window motioning for me to roll it down, and I do.

He proceeds to tell me

“Bless you. Bless you. Seriously bless you” and I’m like — what??

He then points at my boobs, and says “Happy birthday to ME”.

Im uncomfortable and go to drive away as he yells “IM A BABY!!” And starts sucking an imaginary pacifier (or boob lol)

Now I don’t like to think of myself as a “Karen” or a prude, but… the next day I go into the store to report him to management. As soon as I walk in, he is there “Happy birthday to me”

I report him. The manager just doesn’t seem to give a gently caress. “I’ll talk to him” he says. So I decided to say “cool, I’ll talk to him with you” - even though I was super nervous about confronting him, I knew he would have NO consequences otherwise.

So I go to him with the manager, tell him what he did wasn’t appropriate and that he scares me when he follows me to my car. He says to say “I’m sorry but the bakery line was so long” (???) and the manager cuts him off and tells him “I don’t care, don’t do it again”

And that’s that. He is still an employee, and I don’t feel comfortable shopping at my favorite store anymore. I’m scared he may act aggressively and even if he doesn’t, I feel…awkward.

AITA for thinking he should have lost his job?

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002

Soysaucebeast posted:

If you're one of those people, I hope your socks get wet while you're out walking.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
AITA for being upset over a hypothetical scenario

So my fiancée (M) sent me (F) an instagram post that asked ‘would you choose to be Spider-Man for 5 years but you die at the end of the 5 years, or live your normal life’ and said that he would choose to be Spider-Man for 5 years. (The fact that it’s spider-man is going to make this sound silly but bear with me)

This broke my heart because I personally would not trade anything for the rest of our lives together, and up to this point I believed he felt the same (based on his words, not my assumption). This lead to me breaking down and eventually suggesting that we just be friends, I know this is quite drastic but I felt betrayed and like I would rather find someone who felt the same way about me as I do about them. A sort of ‘I wouldn’t trade you for the world’ relationship; which I know exists because it’s how I feel about him.

After thinking for some time I have decided that I would like to continue our relationship no matter if he feels less dramatically about me as I do him. I feel as though I can forget the hypothetical and carry on as usual (and be just a little bit less sure about the relationship).

Despite this, I tried to explain my point of view further, to see if he had changed his mind. He explained that when answering the question he didn’t think about me but rather just his own life individually, however he still does not seem to understand my point of view and has stated that he is now only undecided on his answer to the original hypothetical.

He is upset with me over the situation and is now ignoring me.

I do love him a lot, and we are kind of perfect together, but this has seriously hurt my feelings.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for perpetuating the whole situation?

Update: he texted me ‘I don't want to talk about it anymore, I think we should be friends’.

Edit: I’m aware that it is unreasonable but it did hurt my feelings. I also don’t think anyone can begin to understand from a text post. I’m not crazy and I’m not blinded by my emotions, this is mostly a distraction from how much pain I’m in currently because of my own idiot self.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Once again Spider-Man is forced to give up a normal life because of his responsibilities.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

No coming up with hypotheticals then getting up your own rear end about it to the point you ruin a nascent relationship is very good, normal, and not assholish whatsoever

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

AITA for being upset over a hypothetical scenario

lmao have fun explaining to your parents why the wedding is off

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't worry, he'll probably come back as a clone or a robot or an alternate universe copy or something

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Putting some serious thought into what I would do for 5 years as Spider-man.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
This might be a record for stupidest way to blow up your relationship?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Putting some serious thought into what I would do for 5 years as Spider-man.
Find a newspaper tycoon who's addicted to your selfies, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Outing myself as a comic book nerd, but pretty much the main theme of all the Spider-Man comics is that Parker has to choose between sacrificing his personal relationships and saving his family/girlfriend/the world.