Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Your neighbourhood is beautiful and I want to be there.

Edit: terrible snipe. Have my car next to a neat entry at yesterday's Cars & Coffee in downtown Annapolis. Don't see these old RamChargers around often.

Night Danger Moose fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just a nice shot while waiting to pick up stuff for work earlier today

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

No reason at all, just took a pic.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Neslepaks posted:

Man these really didn't age at all, still a beautiful bit of design.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Next up: new rear rotors to rotate between sets as I overheat XP10s and leave deposits on them, new front pads because my XP10s are shot after 3 weekends, new LCAs because apparently I damaged some ball joints during a previous off-track excursion.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

heffray posted:

new front pads because my XP10s are shot after 3 weekends
Green car supremacy! 3 days or 3 full weekends?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
ayy, same corner, same day

Is the rear overheating from the TC stuff?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Neslepaks posted:

Beautiful.

Which engine is in it?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Fronts lasted 6 full days at Arizona Motorsports Park and have a couple mm left, but probably not enough for a full weekend. I'd run them for a day at Big Willow, but don't want to risk swapping them back on for another weekend.

BlackMK4 posted:

Is the rear overheating from the TC stuff?
I noticed some definite pedal softness Saturday running 3 best-yet laps in a row, and am wondering if I faded the fronts but then let the rears do too much work for a while. The rear yaw control thing isn't TC as far as I know: it cuts power with too much wheelspin and there's a clutch type diff, the single wheel brake thing is just to make the rear end of the car feel weird in slow corners past the apex. I'm kind of glad I have a year until I'm planning to do AMP again, and think some ducting (and probably R12s up front) are in the near future.

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

dissss posted:

Beautiful.

Which engine is in it?

The anemic 120hp diesel. It's not a fun drivetrain. FWD too of course.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

heffray posted:

Fronts lasted 6 full days at Arizona Motorsports Park and have a couple mm left, but probably not enough for a full weekend. I'd run them for a day at Big Willow, but don't want to risk swapping them back on for another weekend.

I noticed some definite pedal softness Saturday running 3 best-yet laps in a row, and am wondering if I faded the fronts but then let the rears do too much work for a while. The rear yaw control thing isn't TC as far as I know: it cuts power with too much wheelspin and there's a clutch type diff, the single wheel brake thing is just to make the rear end of the car feel weird in slow corners past the apex. I'm kind of glad I have a year until I'm planning to do AMP again, and think some ducting (and probably R12s up front) are in the near future.

Ah, I see. TIL it has a clutch type stock.

AMP for sure murders brakes, I usually end up flipping my front pads each day to even out the trailing edge crumbling I get. Hopefully the ducting takes care of a lot of your issue.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
You're the redneck, not me.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

I also did something stupid

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Desire to know more.

Show us your intake runners.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Powershift posted:

Desire to know more.

Show us your intake runners.

They're shiny, but sadly in the shop atm. Water pump bolts snapped and now it's engine out, new clutch, alternator etc while they're in there

(it's a 1998 GTV Lusso with the 3.0 24v, unmolested)

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

:swoon:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

sadly in the shop atm.

Desire to make jokes intensifies.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I had an Alfa of a similar vintage and getting the water pump replaced was top of the list since they were using the plastic impeller ones at the time which you know did Alfa type things.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

They're shiny, but sadly in the shop atm. Water pump bolts snapped and now it's engine out, new clutch, alternator etc while they're in there

(it's a 1998 GTV Lusso with the 3.0 24v, unmolested)

Well, it *was* unmolested.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I also did something stupid

Get in. Beautiful thinf

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Betraying the topic, I did something sensible and purchased ourselves a Volvo wagon.

2020 Volvo V60 T5 'Inscription', standard 2 liter turbo, FWD. Currently has 8,600 miles on it, purchased from Carvana. 2020 was the last year you could buy a normal wagon from Volvo, now all you can get is the Cross Country (loving gross) or the admittedly sweet plugin hybrid Polestar. Cross Country does have this red, but is hideous, the hybrid is cool as hell, but also almost 70k bucks and is turbocharged, supercharged and hybrid, no red.

This V60 is really pretty, really nice, and well beyond any of the 25+ year old JDM vehicles we've been daily driving since 2016. Our 3 week trip to Germany, cruising around in a new Audi A6 wagon cemented that we'd get something similar once we got back home. Here we are, a week later, with this red Volvo.
I sold my Golf R to Carvana in 2016 and that was painless, buying was a bit more involved but wildly better than trudging through the dealership hell, that poo poo can gently caress right off and I say that as a dealer myself.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That's purdy. Nicely done.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Man I really like that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KakerMix posted:

Betraying the topic, I did something sensible and purchased ourselves a Volvo wagon.

god drat that's a pretty car

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
drat that thing is nice. Holy poo poo.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've never seen a vent in a B pillar is that something that people do now?

I'm pretty sure I'd hate it because I'm 6'5" and I need that space for like my arms and shoulders but it's probably a great idea for normal sized humans.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm always so jealous of adjustable thigh support.

My loving thighs need support goddamnit

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I’ve been trying to get my wife to trade in our S60 and get a V60 (or 90 :swoon: ) before they start becoming even more expensive. Very nice ride.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yay wagons! Nice ride dude, that was going to be my backup if I couldn't find a Jagon. How's the FWD feel?

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

KakerMix posted:

Volvo wagon.

Great pics, great car. Colour really suits it too. My family had a Volvo estate when I was young, back when they were super boxy and nowhere near as good looking as they are now. But that was red and it suited it too. Modern European estates are such brilliant cars.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gigi Galli posted:

I’ve been trying to get my wife to trade in our S60 and get a V60 (or 90 :swoon: ) before they start becoming even more expensive. Very nice ride.

The V90 is one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

I wouldn’t kick that V60 out of the driveway either.

:dong:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Picked up a new shitbox for work

Got tired of looking at rusted out midwestern garbage and decided to gamble on a reasonably priced non running west coast truck that needs some diagnosis time invested into the high pressure oil system.

At least when I come up short on the gamble and have to pull the motor there won't be rust chunks raining down on me.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Which diesel is it?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
It's a 99, so a 7.3. That's about as new as me and my wallet are willing to go on Ford diesels.

Based on my somewhat qualified parking lot diagnosis it's either a bad IPR or injector to oil gallery o-rings.

I'll slap an IPR in the HPOP and see if I get a nice 500 psi squirt out of the ICP hole. When I don't I'll pull the drivers side valve cover and see if it's just spraying past the injector o-rings.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Yerok posted:

Picked up a new shitbox for work

Got tired of looking at rusted out midwestern garbage and decided to gamble on a reasonably priced non running west coast truck that needs some diagnosis time invested into the high pressure oil system.

At least when I come up short on the gamble and have to pull the motor there won't be rust chunks raining down on me.

nice! looks like a 99+, so it has the intercooler, etc. aside from eating transmissions, those are great trucks.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Yerok posted:

It's a 99, so a 7.3. That's about as new as me and my wallet are willing to go on Ford diesels.

That's the engine you want anyway. Newer would be a bad thing in this case.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd hate it because I'm 6'5" and I need that space for like my arms and shoulders but it's probably a great idea for normal sized humans.

Posters are their avatars: confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

bird with big dick posted:

Volvo has had those in all their wagons and SUVs since 01, not sure about anyone else.