Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

DariusLikewise posted:

Does Aaron Rodgers still have trade value now?

He's dumb, but also very good at football, so yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/trashtaeks/status/1455982608890748930?t=alxb_WLIIsF2oszYozo32g&s=19

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Only if the Team Witch Doctor will bless the trade

Highline
Mar 28, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

I'd say it's roughly the same as Deshaun Watson currently.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

We'll have to see what his value over replacement bort is this weekend.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

DariusLikewise posted:

This probably barely moved his trade value.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

This.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

really queer Christmas posted:

I want a HIPPA covid vax for Christmas

This needs to be a thread title at some point in the future :laffo:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

At least one of them is willing to throw something catchable.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DariusLikewise posted:

Jags looking at trade capital as we speak

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume that post is a joke, unless you think missing a max of two games would effect his trade value for some reason

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
bruh

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1455992911909240838

That's a lot of false positives

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Hot Diggity! posted:

His trade value actually increased

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran

Professor Funk posted:

His trade value actually increased

literally tries to rub dirt in it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ryan tannehill didn’t want the vaccine but got it anyway because he does what has to be done. The virgin Aaron rodgers ate tide pods to boost his immune system and now he’s dead. Titan up

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Guess a release is coming

https://twitter.com/ByJasonLloyd/status/1455953887362527237?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
O'Smell Beck-dumb

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Browns are still conceivably a playoff team, he's owed $15m from them and he'll be subject to waivers. What the hell man just stick it out

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Vietnom nom nom posted:

Shailene would like to have a word with you on the difference between dirt and clay.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol I missed this

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

AndrewP posted:

The Browns are still conceivably a playoff team, he's owed $15m from them and he'll be subject to waivers. What the hell man just stick it out

There's no point for lovely teams to put in a waiver claim cause he can just choose not to report. Good teams won't likely claim him because they think they can get him cheaper.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
More details, including second DUI charge for injuring his girlfriend:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543330/henry-ruggs-iii-drove-156-mph-seconds-fatal-car-crash-prosecutors-say

quote:

Probation is not an option in Nevada for a conviction on a charge of DUI causing death or DUI causing substantial bodily injury. Both carry a possible sentence of two to 20 years in state prison. Added to a possible one to six years for reckless driving, Bauman told Bonaventure that Ruggs could face up to 46 years behind bars if convicted.
Don't forget the possible gun charge!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The woman survived the crash but was trapped in the car

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/woman-killed-in-crash-with-henry-ruggs-identified-2471162/amp/

quote:

At least three bystanders stopped to help.

Among them was Alexander Hart, a security guard for a nearby condominium community, according to the report. After hearing the crash, he got into his security vehicle and drove to the scene.

When he arrived, the report states, he heard screams coming from the Toyota. The driver was still alive, he told police.

But he couldn’t pull her out, he said, because she was pinned inside the SUV.

The Toyota “was soon overcome with smoke and heat from flames,” and Hart had to back away, according to the report. Tintor’s dog, who was in the back seat, also died.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I wish I hadn't read that.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

At least one of them is willing to throw something catchable.

Beautiful

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fifty Three posted:

I wish I hadn't read that.

You and me both.

I’m a big proponent of the idea that a truly fair justice system should be focused on rehabilitation and mercy and… yeah. I’ll just say I’m glad that I don’t have to serve on that jury.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

gently caress man that's just nightmarish

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
https://twitter.com/packers/status/1455892541182816258

I hope he's had a relaxing day!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chief McHeath posted:

After the slam dunk civil suit Ruggs will never have so much as a nickel to his name.

You say that but Adam Jones is doing alright.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

japtor posted:

More details, including second DUI charge for injuring his girlfriend:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543330/henry-ruggs-iii-drove-156-mph-seconds-fatal-car-crash-prosecutors-say

Don't forget the possible gun charge!

I did a little more googling on this and Nevada doesn’t require you to register your weapons. You can also open carry in vehicles.

I saw some news articles referencing an “illegal firearm” but I’m not sure if that’s confirmed or what the basis of that is. Seems like he’s only been charged with the Class B DUI and reckless driving thus far.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Pika-chew, I clay clay claym you

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vietnom nom nom posted:

lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I really enjoyed my smug antivaxx coworker saying to me first thing this morning about oh wow look Rodgers got covid even though he was vaxxed you dumb sheeple, not like me the very smart and genius that was part of the department superspreader event that sent a pregnant coworker to the hospital. Looks like I was right this whole time, because I personally only had a flu like experience.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

I really enjoyed my smug antivaxx coworker saying to me first thing this morning about oh wow look Rodgers got covid even though he was vaxxed you dumb sheeple, not like me the very smart and genius that was part of the department superspreader event that sent a pregnant coworker to the hospital. Looks like I was right this whole time, because I personally only had a flu like experience.

So many stupid behaviors are reinforced by not having immediate or serious negative consequences. "Oh this thing didn't kill me, guess I made the right choice."

Coincidentally, this line of thinking also reinforces drunk driving habits. Someone decides to drive home drunk one time, they don't get caught. Next time they need to get home and they are drunk, maybe they consider a taxi, uber, car services, whatever, but hey, driving home drunk worked out last time. Soon it's just a thing they take for granted and do every time, because just getting in your car and whipping home is easier than even something really easy like a team supplied car service.

I've also seen this exact line of thinking laid out to defend drunk driving. Like People drunk drive everywhere all the time, only like .1% of them will kill anyone!

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 4, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My all-time favorite is "well actually people drive better when they're drunk"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Aaron Rodgers calling Lamar Jackson to ask for Covid advice from a tried and trusted source

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don’t drive better drunk but I definitely drive PRETTY good buzzed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Just joking everybody. I don’t drive buzzed either, it was a little fib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I had managed to convince myself that the woman must have died at the moment of impact. Jesus Christ.