Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Munger maintains the small living quarters would coax residents out of their rooms and into the mason's workshops, where they could build artifact sandstone doors decorated with rings of dolomite that menace with spikes of calcite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Surely they could have told him to pound sand and built something much more sensible for $1.3B instead of 1.5, why go along with murder by fire tower at all?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

the holy poopacy posted:

Munger maintains the small living quarters would coax residents out of their rooms and into the mason's workshops, where they could build artifact sandstone doors decorated with rings of dolomite that menace with spikes of calcite.
The students need alcohol to get through the studying day.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Do the students get entombed with the billionaire when he dies?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

no, but he'll come back as a murderous ghost because a contractor didn't follow his blueprint exactly

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah but all the embellishments are pictures of a student being menaced by a mammoth.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Surely they could have told him to pound sand and built something much more sensible for $1.3B instead of 1.5, why go along with murder by fire tower at all?

Presumably this isnt his only donation, and they worry if they tell him no on this he'll stop donating to them. Plus the dude is 97 and they dont want him getting pissed off and changing his will.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

- I will give you $100 if you build my panopticon prison loosely based on Lord of the Flies

- Well, we have no choice

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That feel when you want to bring a girl back to the Panopticon but the warden's watching

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

SiKboy posted:

Presumably this isnt his only donation, and they worry if they tell him no on this he'll stop donating to them. Plus the dude is 97 and they dont want him getting pissed off and changing his will.

If only our public schools didn't need to rely on megadonors to do the most basic poo poo. Oh well lol

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
this all sounds like a good opportunity to charge students extra rent a room in that dorm

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Lamech posted:

this all sounds like a good opportunity to charge overseas students extra rent a room in that dorm

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CJacobs posted:

That feel when you want to bring a girl back to the Panopticon but the warden's watching

Might be watching.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Less marketing and more branding but holy yikes

https://twitter.com/tom_bond/status/1455893753173000194/photo/1

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Colonial Goods store ------>

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So close to having a literal Ivory Tower

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like "Calico Row" though, sounds like a Gin Blossoms song

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm the molasses row

:btroll:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Looking at the imbedded tweet: Well Cotton Row could be seen as in bad taste, but it's not the worst thing I've heard of. I guess if the execs weren't paying too close attention it could slip through...

Clicking through to Twitter: Oh my god. Oh my god they knew exactly what they were doing.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I didn't expand the tweet and thought, "a place called Cotton Row? That's not that bad". Then I clicked through and saw that the development is called Plantation Wharf.

e:fb

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Brawnfire posted:

I like "Calico Row" though, sounds like a Gin Blossoms song

Sounds like a mew way of saying "Kitty Jail"

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/1455174998264586243

https://twitter.com/BurgerKing/status/1455274101166256133

Just fuckin' nuke us all.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I especially love this one because all 10 people are getting an identical jpeg which totally defeats the point of it being a unique nft :allears:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
For those of us not on Twitter, what's the story behind the development project? Are people living in there? Do they have a section called slave quarters?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Fruits of the sea posted:

I especially love this one because all 10 people are getting an identical jpeg which totally defeats the point of it being a unique nft :allears:

BRO IT SAYS EXCLUSIVE NOT UNIQUE

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nitrox posted:

For those of us not on Twitter, what's the story behind the development project? Are people living in there? Do they have a section called slave quarters?

Twitter embed cut off the name of the development: Plantation Wharf.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nitrox posted:

Looks like it's mostly commercial properties, with a little bit of residential mixed in.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Nitrox posted:

It's called Plantation Wharf with a section called Cotton Row. I wonder who they're going to force to live in that section.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I'm trying to imagine having to write that address on a Christmas card and not just shredding it instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Twitter embed cut off the name of the development: Plantation Wharf.

The twitter embed also cuts off the second tweet which draws attention that the street above all of those is named 'Square Rigger Row'

https://twitter.com/raretaire/status/1455933412498345984?s=20

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

You know a “square rig” is a normal nautical term and a “rigger” is a name of a profession, right? Presumably this is by a wharf so it’s not completely out of line.

E. I mean, a square rigger can even refer to a ship that primarily uses square rigs, so likely the “square rigger” row is where those types of ships would be moored in the wharf.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Nov 3, 2021

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Now explain why it's the only one named after a type of boat, jackass.

Edit: that's obv not a fair question but imo the coincidental nature of it sure is getting slimmer.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Nov 3, 2021

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Look man, it’s plenty bad already, you don’t have to just start manufacturing poo poo to be upset about

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"Square Rigger" is a restaurant in Martha's Vineyard over here in the US, not that really matters.

Controversial opinion, but you'd have to pay ME $25 to eat some drat alfredo. :barf: It's one of my least favorite foods on this planet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Brother Tadger posted:

Look man, it’s plenty bad already, you don’t have to just start manufacturing poo poo to be upset about

Buddy it's still racist to not realize what square rigger sounds like at your place also called plantation wharf on cotton way or whathaveyou. It isn't just a human mistake to let the implications go unrealized, to be blind to any of it including what the real ship sounds like in that context is prejudice. You don't have to be malicious to be prejudiced.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lol okay dude sure

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I honestly can’t tell if your doing a bit

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's no bit. If someone on Twitter can look at a jpg of it and see that the main issue extends to the whole thing then why couldn't the committee that made it? Perhaps it's because they are too ignorant to get why it'd be offensive

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah you're right, every word that rhymes with a slur is also a slur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Yeah you're right, every word that rhymes with a slur is also a slur

Well, Cockney rhyming slang law could apply here