Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker

astral posted:

I wouldn't recommend that since it would no longer be valid if something happened to change the number of posts in a thread (split/merge/delete).

code:
[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=xyz]text here[/url]

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

heck yeah

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

pecan

purbo is a thing kkids say now

whoah that's totes purbo

purbin' purb out etc

please update

more falafel please

forums poster

pecan posted:

purbo is a thing kkids say now

whoah that's totes purbo

purbin' purb out etc

please update

eyyyy i'm purbin heah!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

If the house is even a little famous I'd be more concerned about looky loos in the front yard taking selfies of my house than any nonlocal/noncorporeal entities playing musical chairs in the attic, but I know some spirit type thingies can be hostile/assholish too. I mostly just find the whole thing fascinating

I get plenty of those. RFT regularly publishes my address, it pisses me off.

Also check this poo poo out. Hello from Ferguson.

ChubbyChecker

more falafel please posted:

eyyyy i'm purbin heah!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Having a real down one today. Think I'm going to ask my doctor about upping my brain drugs.

It could also be pnac withdrawls, I dunno.

Just welded to the couch watching The Office, and trying to resist the urge to jump onto my next meeting. I never take care of myself adequately and just take a moment to collect myself in times like this, so I'm trying to now

It is nice to know you are there byob

Ass-penny

I found this picture of Sweetleaf here

you should see it

CJ hang in there buddy!

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
also there was a monstrous bird eating off the feeder this morning but he was too skiddish and flew off when I approached the patio glass door. Set up the camera outside with a remote trigger and now I am just lying in wait to capture him

You will be mine, giant bird...

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

rear end-penny posted:

you should see it

CJ hang in there buddy!

see now this is what I'm talking about, look at this cat! Day improved.

alnilam

Code Jockey posted:

also there was a monstrous bird eating off the feeder this morning but he was too skiddish and flew off when I approached the patio glass door. Set up the camera outside with a remote trigger and now I am just lying in wait to capture him

You will be mine, giant bird...

Post bird when get

ty manifisto

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

Post bird when get

:henget:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Post bird when get

the other alternative is that the bird carries code jockey away, in which case, come post with us giant bird

ty nesamdoom!

ChubbyChecker

rear end-penny posted:

you should see it

CJ hang in there buddy!

aww

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I get home cat want to go outside because he sees leaves. Put him on the leash he's trying to pee on each and every single one. There's like 3000 out here and it's cold.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Code Jockey posted:

Having a real down one today. Think I'm going to ask my doctor about upping my brain drugs.

Just welded to the couch watching The Office, and trying to resist the urge to jump onto my next meeting. I never take care of myself adequately and just take a moment to collect myself in times like this, so I'm trying to now

i know it's different for everyone but for me a good long walk in the forest helps when I have a day like that. I like that someone termed it "forest bathing".

biosterous

Code Jockey posted:

:sympathy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Luvcow posted:

i know it's different for everyone but for me a good long walk in the forest helps when I have a day like that. I like that someone termed it "forest bathing".

Yeah I think if it keeps not raining (only threatening to) I'll take Chloe for a walk in the wetland area near my apartment. I like that, "forest bathing"

💖

Manifisto posted:

the other alternative is that the bird carries code jockey away, in which case, come post with us giant bird

It's a quite handsome bird and quite large, presumably full of posts. I think the giant bird would be a good addition to the crew

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

pixaal posted:

I get home cat want to go outside because he sees leaves. Put him on the leash he's trying to pee on each and every single one. There's like 3000 out here and it's cold.

lmbo

sorry i imagine this is actually inconvenient for you, but cats are insane

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

took myself a great shower. sometimes a shower is just the best thing

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Farecoal

There he go
I'm bored at work and started reading the SCP wiki again, somebody stop me before I can't sleep tonight

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Farecoal posted:

I'm bored at work and started reading the SCP wiki again, somebody stop me before I can't sleep tonight

Watch these vicious weiner dogs attack a ball instead

https://nitter.net/ladbible/status/1455640863707701251

Farecoal

There he go

Zil posted:

Watch these vicious weiner dogs attack a ball instead

https://nitter.net/ladbible/status/1455640863707701251

:3:

pecan

alnilam posted:

Post bird when get

i bet the bird is purbo

more falafel please posted:

took myself a great shower. sometimes a shower is just the best thing

totes purb show

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Come have coffee or tea with me!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Post bird when get

Terry Harrison alt spotted

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

aldantefax posted:

Come have coffee or tea with me!

Yooooo, in the next couple of months (prob January) I'm headed your way. Wanna get snacks and tea and discuss tea things?

ETA: ZIL PLS COME TOO ILU

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 4, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My upcoming loop is STL to Tulsa to Austin (possibly also Houston, I gotta go see Slush Garbo too if I can get hold of him), Santa Fe by way of Tucumcari, Flagstaff then Kingman but only one night because gently caress Kingman, up through the fields to Carmel for about two weeks, two weeks through the Bay, two weeks in Portland, a flight back unless someone convinces me I need to go to Billings which is increasingly likely right now, for reasons.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Mormon Nailer posted:

two weeks in Portland

!!!

That's 4ish hours from me. First pack of gummies is on me!

e. as you figure out when, I'll make plans to head down to Salem to stay with family like I usually do when I'm there

biosterous

the textile museum is open again, just sayin'

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

(i am definitely putting super intense pressure on you to do some international travel while there's still a plague, for actual)

gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Code Jockey posted:

!!!

That's 4ish hours from me. First pack of gummies is on me!

e. as you figure out when, I'll make plans to head down to Salem to stay with family like I usually do when I'm there

Bruh I'll be at my place in Portland, come smoke with meeee because I'm finally emptying it out with the movers so it's going to have exactly the furniture I'm leaving with the people who are taking the place lol. I can show you the weed world I know and love and also you gotta meet my very best most goodest friend ever in real life ever ever ever.

biosterous posted:

the textile museum is open again, just sayin'

I SAW!!!!!!! I need to make arrangements during Not The Big Snow to see you and Pappsy and some other buds. I also need to see my forums grandson.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm getting rid of my cool place in PDX and the place in Carmel and possibly wrapping up a thing in Oakland and going all in on a place in Peru for my sister and that part of the family. It's gonna own.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Mormon Nailer posted:

Bruh I'll be at my place in Portland, come smoke with meeee because I'm finally emptying it out with the movers so it's going to have exactly the furniture I'm leaving with the people who are taking the place lol. I can show you the weed world I know and love and also you gotta meet my very best most goodest friend ever in real life ever ever ever.

Yes! I am very down with this plan

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
I've had the same job for the last idk, almost ten years? It's on a contract basis so I need to apply for my own job every year, go through the whole song and dance, then negotiate a pay raise. Well this time it turns out my job was filled. I called my manager who I've had a great relationship with for the last ten years and I was told to talk to HR to find out why I couldn't apply, probably a mix-up. HR told me the job had been filled by someone else so I tried to call my manager back and found out they blocked my number

What a great way to get fired I guess. Maybe they forgot what department I work for (Accounting) and that I still have friends in their legal department who are also confused as to why I suddenly don't have a job.

But it's a government job so idk if I can afford to sue the government

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh gently caress, TB, I'm so sorry. God dammit. File now for anything you can get, call legal and HR too find out wtc again if you can escalate it and get lawyered tf up.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Tampa Bae posted:

I've had the same job for the last idk, almost ten years? It's on a contract basis so I need to apply for my own job every year, go through the whole song and dance, then negotiate a pay raise. Well this time it turns out my job was filled. I called my manager who I've had a great relationship with for the last ten years and I was told to talk to HR to find out why I couldn't apply, probably a mix-up. HR told me the job had been filled by someone else so I tried to call my manager back and found out they blocked my number

What a great way to get fired I guess. Maybe they forgot what department I work for (Accounting) and that I still have friends in their legal department who are also confused as to why I suddenly don't have a job.

But it's a government job so idk if I can afford to sue the government

Holy poo poo how awful. I'm so sorry orb :glomp:

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
Money wise, I'm fine. I can pay my rent and bills off for well over a year from savings and be alright, I'm just extra confused. If they were just gonna let me go they coulda told me that so I could find a new job while I was still employed tho, it looks better on an app if you're currently employed than if you just got laid off.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tampa Bae posted:

Money wise, I'm fine. I can pay my rent and bills off for well over a year from savings and be alright, I'm just extra confused. If they were just gonna let me go they coulda told me that so I could find a new job while I was still employed tho, it looks better on an app if you're currently employed than if you just got laid off.

The bright side of this, though, is that it's the beginning of November, so just put November 2021 on the resume and please, please chuck it at the big five firms. I'm telling you right now you can walk into a WFH with them for $$$$$$ right now if you're just like, breathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yooooo, in the next couple of months (prob January) I'm headed your way. Wanna get snacks and tea and discuss tea things?

ETA: ZIL PLS COME TOO ILU

But of course!

Also, I ordered more of those cool clothes.