Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the mainstream comedy landscape has to improve before people start dumping cum town, and all the alternatives are such “Guess I’m just not politically correct” dogshit that even the most brokebrained r/cumtown poster know are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

hosed up that nick mullen wished on a monkey paw to be a successful comedian

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Zokari posted:

hosed up that nick mullen wished on a monkey paw to be a successful comedian

why would he wish on his own hand?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Judakel posted:

why would he wish on his own hand?

lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lmao the difference in how Robert Evans talks about some made-up poo poo like the Holodomor with clear-eyed certainty versus playing devils advocate for rape, war crimes, and imperialism on the latest BtB about the Boy Scouts founder.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Russian troll farm posted:

my mom was watching succession and i was like "oh hey look, it's dasha."

"who?" she asked

"adam's ex-boyfriend," i explained

lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Judakel posted:

when is the podcast bubble going to burst for gently caress's sake

when people become less socially isolated and the need to fill the quiet emptiness of life with content quiets itself to a dull roar

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Azathoth posted:

didn't Thomas Chatterton Williams have an absolute meltdown a while back over not getting verified? or am I thinking of a different pretentious dipshit?

oh no, I dropped this entire bucket of marbles, there's so many of them

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Deified Data posted:

Lmao the difference in how Robert Evans talks about some made-up poo poo like the Holodomor with clear-eyed certainty versus playing devils advocate for rape, war crimes, and imperialism on the latest BtB about the Boy Scouts founder.

How can you tolerate listening to that

That sort of faux-left/lib-anarchist stuff is probably the most offensive and grating thing in modern US politics to me.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the other thing that makes behind the bastards very difficult to listen to is that robert evans is not funny but tries to make jokes... very bad. also all the lib poo poo of course.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

the other thing that makes behind the bastards very difficult to listen to is that robert evans is not funny but tries to make jokes... very bad. also all the lib poo poo of course.

I used to listen to the guy because I found some of the stories interesting and because I have friends who like his show so we could talk about it but yeah the dude himself is entirely insufferable. I don’t think he posted in d&d but he’s basically d&d in podcast format. Just the biggest ego and not much to back it up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we will know robert evans (still?) reads d&d if he ever accuses someone of kramering into a discussion

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I dunno, I really liked the first year or so of BtB because it was mostly just a history book report with funny guests. it was somewhere around the time that he became a corporate media Bellingcat stooge that I noticed he kept using his time abroad to justify all US intervention with the same exhausted “they actually WANT US there!” line and yeah I’ve stopped listening to all his projects. America is not the world police, and we’ve never intervened if we didn’t have plans to enslave or exploit the people were “aiding”.

it’s also the only time I can remember there being an SA thread that got closed down by the guy that the thread was about arguing with everyone.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno, I really liked the first year or so of BtB because it was mostly just a history book report with funny guests. it was somewhere around the time that he became a corporate media Bellingcat stooge that I noticed he kept using his time abroad to justify all US intervention with the same exhausted “they actually WANT US there!” line and yeah I’ve stopped listening to all his projects. America is not the world police, and we’ve never intervened if we didn’t have plans to enslave or exploit the people were “aiding”.

it’s also the only time I can remember there being an SA thread that got closed down by the guy that the thread was about arguing with everyone.

Lmao yeah him announcing to that thread that he was putting me on ignore because I wouldn’t stop saying “maybe you should stop defending spreading unsubstantiated racist rumors” and then the thread being close entirely because his fans couldn’t take it is pretty much the only posting I’ve ever been proud of

Praxis baby

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

He's in a better place now. Running cool zone media funded by the Sinclair Broadcasting Group.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He's in a better place now. Running cool zone media funded by the Sinclair Broadcasting Group.

Who among us wouldn’t spread state department talking points for $400,000 a year?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOL she has Andrew Sullivan on today.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thank you for the updates. She has blocked me on Twitter so I dunno what she’s up to anymore.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

when people become less socially isolated and the need to fill the quiet emptiness of life with content quiets itself to a dull roar

mostly I just listen to them when I'm driving to work

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like to listen to podcasts when cleaning and when exercising

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

i like to listen to podcasts when cleaning and when exercising

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The dream is to die mid lift laughing at a cumtown riff.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Bernie is dying, and new careers struggle to be born: now is the time of monsters.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I used to listen to the guy because I found some of the stories interesting and because I have friends who like his show so we could talk about it but yeah the dude himself is entirely insufferable. I don’t think he posted in d&d but he’s basically d&d in podcast format. Just the biggest ego and not much to back it up

This is where I'm at - partly old habit from the days when it was less succ, partly still having friends who listen religiously and wanting to be able to have another thing to talk about with them when the topic sounds interesting.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

littleorv posted:

Thank you for the updates. She has blocked me on Twitter so I dunno what she’s up to anymore.

What did you tweet at her to get blocked? lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mcmagic posted:

doesn't she block people who ask about virgil?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

good way to do it is to mention the Forgotten One.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

OK well bothering her about Virgil is kinda asking to get blocked.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's still pretty funny that she is unable or unwilling to do say or do something about that situation

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

mcmagic posted:

otoh whats happening with vergil?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A vigil for Virgil

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Any pods?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

This is where I'm at - partly old habit from the days when it was less succ, partly still having friends who listen religiously and wanting to be able to have another thing to talk about with them when the topic sounds interesting.

Understand if people find the guy hard to listen to but yeah every once in a while there's something I'm interested in- was just a decent three-parter about three different foundational figures of our current outrage grifter-ey media ecosystem. The podcast book report about Joe Pyne interspersed with old clips from the show was alright

the one talking about Jack Parsons jerking off in the desert with L. Ron Hubbard is also a highlight

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

then she should remove his image from the show

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

She asked who we wanted to have on as a guest on her next dating on the left episode.

I did nothing wrong!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The dream is to die mid lift laughing at a cumtown riff.

lol i strategically save cum town for assistance lifts so as to not die. stav laughter is a great accompaniment for curls and other stupid exercises.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Breadallelogram posted:

then she should remove his image from the show

Is he still getting paid?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Is he still getting paid?

Lmao what if he gave her an ultimatum to either leave his picture up or she had to keep paying him

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Virgil Texas is the real deal maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I listen to podcasts while gaming or while working from home.