Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Oh poo poo does the game favor new villagers on Nook Mile Islands or did I just get hella lucky finding Cephalobot?

The Postman fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You are asked to find Brewster by Blathers. Take a tour with Cap'nn and you'll find him on an island and he will agree to come and give you a gyroid part. Talk to Blathers afterwards and then the next day the museum is closed for construction. BREWSTER CAFE ARRIVAL ON FRIDAY

Storage expansion costs 🔔70,000. City ordinances cost 🔔20,000

OH poo poo VISITORS TO YOUR HOUSE IS HAPPENING AS WELL!
wish i read this before i took a trip to look for gyroids
Kapp'n only takes one trip per day

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yes, then water them. A day later you get a Gyroid.

Also; Harv’s Island shops cost 🔔100,000 each to construct

Edit: you can only have one construction at a time happening on Harv’s island. I’m getting Catrina first!!
everything costing a bunch of money makes me wonder whether or not bell boom affects turnips

can you imagine

cats
May 11, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

wish i read this before i took a trip to look for gyroids
Kapp'n only takes one trip per day

Lmao same here but I did find a gyroid fragment on an otherwise unremarkable island. Planted and watered, we'll see what happens!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I'm starting off with a legitimate art dealer on Harv's island.

And oh my God, the gyroid on Brewster's polo shirt when you find him is the cutest. :3:

There's even new posters in the airport!

Okay, building a Stonework kitchen and then going to-- wait, Audie's here for a visit. And she brought a gift! :3:

Just learned "It's rude to redecorate when you have company!" And visitors will seemingly only stay in your central room. At least Audie isn't checking out any others yet.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 4, 2021

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Oh god. All the new things in the Nook Miles catalog. New street lamps! Various topiaries! Flower Beds! So many new things to see and do!

cats
May 11, 2009
So how do you get the other vegetables - tomatoes, wheat, etc? From Leif I'm assuming? Or maybe they'll be in the Nook store tomorrow?

Started off Harv's Island with Reese and Cyrus, then Redd, then... Katrina maybe?

Still have two houses to move off the beach and a bunch of inclines and bridges to build. I have 40 mil bells and 1 mil miles gathering dust, but I'm trying to pace myself and not blow through all the new stuff at once. I'm sure HHP will keep me plenty occupied once that drops.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1456080859769933824

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1456085986908131331

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1456088203690004483

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Apparently there are 30 recipes so far (you have to buy the ability to make them with Nook Miles then there are additional ones at Nooks to buy). Most of them you need DIYs for. Wheat, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, etc is needed. Where we get THOSE ingredients so far is a mystery.

Oh ok, you can come up with fish recipes by fishing, I know how to make sautéd olive flounder now.

the pro camera loving rules.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
I went to Harv’s island, I had never been there before the update, and I talked to him the first time, left, came back, and no new NPCs. Anyone know what’s going on?

Edit: Good ol’ save and quit worked.

MussoliniB fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 4, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

OH poo poo VISITORS TO YOUR HOUSE IS HAPPENING AS WELL!

Cherry invited herself over, commented on my decor, then decided to play a game for a piece of clothing. Shame I couldn't get her to go to any of the other rooms though.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Apparently there are 30 recipes so far (you have to buy the ability to make them with Nook Miles then there are additional ones at Nooks to buy). Most of them you need DIYs for. Wheat, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, etc is needed. Where we get THOSE ingredients so far is a mystery.

Oh ok, you can come up with fish recipes by fishing, I know how to make sautéd olive flounder now.

the pro camera loving rules.

Leif was selling Wheat starts when he was visiting my island. Might want to prioritize getting him set up at the Co-op if you want to gun for your farms.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

you can finally store DIYs in your storage

EDIT: https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1456108426229018627

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 4, 2021

cats
May 11, 2009

Zuzie posted:

GOTY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The music that plays at Harvey's new co-op sounds like it could be the theme for a JRPG hometown.

At least at night, there might be different music during the day.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When I remembered Brewster's Cafe was in this update I went to the museum to go there and saw it wasn't there yet. Then I remembered this is Animal Crossing and things take real time to build. I figured the cafe was gonna be under construction tomorrow and then it be open on Friday since that's what the day the update was advertised for, I saw someone mention they found him? Does he just wander your island?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 22, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Detective No. 27 posted:

When I remembered Brewster's Cafe was in this update I went to the museum to go there and saw it wasn't there yet. Then I remembered this is Animal Crossing and things take real time to build. I figured the cafe was gonna be under construction tomorrow and then it be open on Friday since that's what the day the update was advertised for, I saw someone mention they found him? Does he just wander your island?

talk to blathers, go to a kappn island, and then return to blathers and construction will happen tomorrow

the other thing to do tonight is to go drop 100k bells on a coop to start building the stores on harv's island (redd's is center right and probably should be your first)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thanks. I already visited Harvey's Island and then went back with 700k bells expecting to spend them all before I knew it was one at a time.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

First you (specifically the island Representative) must talk to Blathers to initiate the quest for Brewster. Then you talk to Kappn and go on a boat tour and on the island he takes you to, Brewster is wandering about looking for Gyroids. Talk to him and then go back to your island and talk to Blathers once more. He closes the museum for renovations for the day.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If my math is right after looking at a data dump from the update, there are 186 total gyroids, including their color variants. I didn’t count how many there are if you separate them by gyroid, excluding their color variants. Maybe somewhere around 30ish. There is even one styled after Brewster.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Well that's annoying. Blathers wouldn't initiate the Brewster quest no matter what I tried. Also I went to Kappn's island with a nearly full inventory.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

The update came early, but not the DLC, I assume?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

shadowvine118 posted:

The update came early, but not the DLC, I assume?

No DLC yet! I don't think we have a solid release time for the DLC, but I assume it'll be tomorrow, around the same time as 2.0 dropped tonight.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You can go to the Animal Crossing page on the eShop and download the Happy Home dlc right now if you have the NSO Expansion pass or buy it for $25. But it doesn't seem to be going live until Friday.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm extremely tired but getting the update so I can cheat a day off Brewster before the rollover happens

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nemo2342 posted:

Leif was selling Wheat starts when he was visiting my island. Might want to prioritize getting him set up at the Co-op if you want to gun for your farms.

Thanks for the tip, I'll pay off his store tomorrow.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dang, update is really draining my nook miles. 1k for the boat tours feels pricey.

I got the idea for a king tut mask when I picked up a gold nugget, is that new?

Also, anyone know if the 4th layer glitch still works?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Dang, update is really draining my nook miles. 1k for the boat tours feels pricey.

Also, anyone know if the 4th layer glitch still works?

i heard the 4th tier was fixed/broken (depending on your POV) by this update, unfortunately.

cats
May 11, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Nope, that was added sometime last year.

I got the Acorn Rug DIY from a balloon tonight, pretty sure that's new.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zuzie posted:

EDIT: https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1456108426229018627
this is fantastic, but also terrible because im awful about hoarding ALREADY

...better than on the beach, i guess

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Okay, I think I have all the new Nook Mile Rewards categories. I haven't unlocked them all, but with some supposition I think the new categories are this:

Number of recipes learned (Apparently fishing expands your recipe collection)
Number of meals prepared

Two unknown achievements next to fossils in the shovel category I assume have something to do with Gyroids. Probably number dug up and kinds collected.

Number of crops planted (pumpkins count)
Number of crops harvested

And then way down:
Number of times visiting Kappn's islands
A blank one I assume is the number of times drinking in Brewster's cafe or something
Number of times you do plaza aerobics

Those last three are gonna be huge: You can only do those things once a day. There are Five tiers for each, and the first one is after three days. There's going to be a long time from now that the game will reward you with a number incrementing, just for playing the game a bit every day.

It's not compelling gameplay in the traditional sense, but damned if it isn't going to be compelling me back into the game a bit every day for a long time!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Storage costs 700,000 Bells upfront. New building at Harveys are 100,000 bells each spot (and you can only do one spot at a time).

Museum will be closed for a day after finding Brewster; make sure to talk to blathers first

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Desperate Character posted:

Storage costs 700,000 Bells upfront. New building at Harveys are 100,000 bells each spot (and you can only do one spot at a time).

Museum will be closed for a day after finding Brewster; make sure to talk to blathers first
You can only finish one spot at a time... but you can also donate 99,999 bells to each project before finishing any of them and just need to pay a single bell each to finish off projects in subsequent days.

You know, if you wanted to for some reason.

Fish I've caught that have given recipes so far:
Sea Bass
Dab
Olive Flounder
Horse Mackerel
Red Snapper

I wonder how you get other recipes. I tried picking up a bunch of fruit but failed to learn any other smoothie recipes than the town fruit smoothy they start you with.

I need to get up for work in like five hours. Why did this have to leak tonight! I had Friday off for this!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Turns out last August I failed to realize the museum would want a cicada shell to display so I'm one donation off from the new insect poster

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did villagers always mention visitors on the island?

cats
May 11, 2009
Moving buildings now costs 10k bells instead of 50k.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
I was not expecting new reactions, but they’re great. I especially like Behold.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The accent wall feature owns bones.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Fun fact: on the 2nd day Harv installs an ABD so you don't have to run back and forth to get your capitalism on. Also the animals do donate towards the buildings, but it's the same tiny amounts they donate for bridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

For those who have the NSO app on their IRL phone, there’s a new category on the phone screen called ‘Island Newspaper’ that’s just popped up this morning.

e: also new Nook Points items have been added!
Nook Inc. toilet paper!
Nook Inc. balloon!
Nook Inc. pochette!
Nook Inc. sweater!
Nook Inc. cushion!
Raccoon wall clock!

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 4, 2021