Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Just sitting here in the dark watching this on a loop.

https://twitter.com/chancellortv/status/1455915987669299202?s=21

loving. LIAR!

lmao he breaks eye contact right before he answers. Fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
What is going on?

Also, lmfao!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
All the people who can break out their Bortles Packers jerseys again walking with a little more pep in their step today.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Caarona Rodgers

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rectal Placenta posted:

All the people who can break out their Bortles Packers jerseys again walking with a little more pep in their step today.

They told me I was crazy...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m laughing at Rodgers, but I know this is going to play out just like the summer. We all think something is going to happen, and then he’s just going to miss like one game and the NFL will try to pretend everything’s all good.

canqued
Jan 18, 2020

SirPablo posted:

Caarona Rodgers

AARnaughtON RnaughtDGERS

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Aaron isn't winning any awards for MVP this year...most vaccinated player

canqued
Jan 18, 2020
2021's hottest sack dance: The Discount Double Vax:

After sacking Rodgers,

Cross your arms and plunge invisible syringes into your delts

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

canqued posted:

2021's hottest sack dance: The Discount Double Vax:

After sacking Rodgers,

Cross your arms and plunge invisible syringes into your delts

Someone is going to do that

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Comfortador posted:

There need to be serious reprecussions against Rodgers. He risked a lot of other people's well being with his bullshit mumbo jumbo.

Is he losing the locker room?!?!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Imagine being the feckless media, nobody asked the question "what does immunized mean" after hearing for months that this dude followed a cleanse which involved forced purging and boofing turmeric grown in lemur feces

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

To be fair, that "I've been immunized" comment had a lot of us in this thread going, "At least my QB is vax'd :smug:"

We're just as dumb as the sports media in this case.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It brings me no pleasure to be the one to break this news, but I must do my duty: Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers is out due to contracting COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, while not being vaccinated against it.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Whole lotta dorks on Twitter sweatily insisting he didn't actually lie, and anyway if he did it was good to do

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Is The Bort jabbed?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

To be fair, that "I've been immunized" comment had a lot of us in this thread going, "At least my QB is vax'd :smug:"

We're just as dumb as the sports media in this case.

Immunized literally means vaccinated. Aaron lied.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Whooping Crabs posted:

Immunized literally means vaccinated. Aaron lied.

I 100% agree. I'm saying that I, like the sports media, took his "I'm immunized" to mean "I'm vaccinated."

Nobody in this thread said, "wait a minute, he didn't say he was "vax'd", he said he was "immunized". What's that about?"

He done fooled us all, and that's why he's the GOAT. :smug:

He's also a loving liar who loving lied and he sucks, but I hope he comes back from COVID just as good as he was before COVID and plays quarterback for my favorite team, The Green Bay Packers, for another year. I won't argue that he doesn't suck as a person though. I mean, at least he hasn't raped anybody, right?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm ready for the Bort

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I 100% agree. I'm saying that I, like the sports media, took his "I'm immunized" to mean "I'm vaccinated."

Nobody in this thread said, "wait a minute, he didn't say he was "vax'd", he said he was "immunized". What's that about?"

He done fooled us all, and that's why he's the GOAT. :smug:

He's also a loving liar who loving lied and he sucks, but I hope he comes back from COVID just as good as he was before COVID and plays quarterback for my favorite team, The Green Bay Packers, for another year. I won't argue that he doesn't suck as a person though. I mean, at least he hasn't raped anybody, right?

I really hope the media breaks out the old Oxford English dictionary definition of immunized the first time they get to question his lying rear end. Aaron pissing away any goodwill about as quickly as Ryan Braun.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Whooping Crabs posted:

I really hope the media breaks out the old Oxford English dictionary definition of immunized the first time they get to question his lying rear end. Aaron pissing away any goodwill about as quickly as Ryan Braun.

“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.”

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
"was i immunized? hmm let me think"

* huffed chemtrails
* Parents were both Kyrie Irving (long story)
* ate mouthfuls of clay every day
* Had the word "RELAX" instead of a mouth

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Whooping Crabs posted:

Ryan Braun would have taken the vaccine and any other needles that were offered to him.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
"yeah..... im thinkin im vaxxed"

canqued
Jan 18, 2020
My cousin Ole is a copy writer for the Brown County Weekly Shopper. Incredibly, he obtained press credentials in this position and he abuses them to no end. Around the time of this recent off-season's disgruntle kerfluffle, Ole was shamelessly hitting up the ice cream bar at the Packers Admin Facility and happened to cross paths with Aaron Rodgers during one of the man's rare and unpublicized appearances.
To be clear, Ole primarily punches up the Shopper's furniture store feature advert spreads, and so he has no idea how to do journalist things like "ask questions". He also doesn't really keep up with current events, but he knows Aaron Rodgers is an important guy and so he recognizes this as an opportunity. He awkwardly introduces himself over ice cream and asks Aaron about the hottest topic he can think of: COVID Vaccines.

To Ole's shock, Aaron was receptive to being asked a non-football question for the first time in months and spoke candidly as he cooly picked apart his own cone of scoops with ultra-precise nibbles and licks. He disclosed that he had not been vaccinated, and had no intention of complying with any mandates imposed by (Ole uses finger quotes when recounting this) "that clueless anti-constitution pussy Joe Biden". Aaron then added, knowingly, "and for good reason."

Ole gestured for Aaron to continue. Aaron's next words were delivered with menacing gravitas : "Halloween. 2027".

Ole asked for elaboration, but the three-time MVP was mum as he threw up a lazy deuces, winked, and began to leave (At this point Ole indicates Rodgers also went "heh heh heh" like Gargamel but I think that's just Ole's own authorial embellishment). Ole returned to his ice cream, and Rodgers, continuing past Ole, returned to his; a majestic collection of scoops stacked in a cone the likes of which Ole had not noticed until now, and which he had never before encountered at Packers HQ.

"Mr. Rodgers!"

Ole's heart skipped a beat. His journalistic instincts had taken over. He was on journalistic autopilot, generating questions and anticipatory follow-ups faster than he could consciously process. Aaron stopped and turned. Ole gestured towards the ice cream bar.

"Where'd you get that ice cream?"

Aaron glanced around, leaned in close, and, unslinging his sports bag, answered with one word:

"California"

He then unzipped the bag and, foisting it up to Ole's face, presented its incredible contents: Tons of perfect scoops. Unmelted by the summer's heat and still immaculately shaped despite being subjected to the rustle and tussle of a world class athlete's explosive gait.

And then Aaron asked Ole, "Want some?"

Ole, dumbfounded by these magnificent scoops, nodded, and opened his mouth.

Aaron did not miss a beat: "Close your eyes"

Ole complied. He heard rustling, and then.. cellophane? Something being unwrapped. *click-clack*. Plastic utensil kit deploying spoon-first. Culver's Blue? Ole couldn't be sure.

And then, it was in his mouth.

The spoon itself was some exotic grainy texture, but the substance upon it was most unusual, and definitely not ice cream. It was salty. Definitely chalky. And warm. Ole knew this taste. A familiarity borne of crushing childhood barbarity amidst swing sets and monkey bars, their foundations sunk deep in the fertile, suffocating, Wisconsin soil. His eyes shot open, his voice broke as he shrieked:

"Clay!"

Now Aaron was the dumbfounded one. And silent. He motioned for Ole to elaborate, and Ole could tell this was a crucial moment. He smacked his lips.

"Delicious".

Aaron nodded approvingly, shook Ole's hand, and pivoted to leave- but stopped short, glancing back over his shoulder.

"Halloween 2027. You want to know what I'm going to be?" He gestured towards Ole's pen and notepad, still unholstered. Ole stowed them and solemly nodded. Aaron silently glided closer to him. Close enough to smell. Musk of indomitable spirit. Hint of patchouli.

And he whispered in Ole's ear:

POSTHUMOUS INDUCTEE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Buddy that's some heavy poo poo to lay on me at 1 in the morning.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

but we didn’t have access to the team facility or staff to know he was following unvaccinated guidelines in private yet vaccinated guidelines in public, or we would of been suspicious. we could only get half the data unlike the reporters who work that beat

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rodgers should be suspended for the remainder of the season.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Rodgers should be suspended for the remainder of the season.

Allow me to agree with this as I contort my body to cover all the Bears paraphernalia directly behind me.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think he should be fired out of a big cannon, but I'm willing to compromise

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

It was only a matter of time before a celebrity got caught playing vaccination semantics and it's hilarious it turned out to be the quarterback of my favorite football team. Rodgers is a dumb rear end in a top hat and deserves whatever he gets. He's white, makes a football go far, and makes people money so he'll get a two game suspension at most. He'll be forced to make a statement about the importance of social distancing and vaccinations but also the value of personal choice, god bless america, the usual dog and pony.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What an absolute embarrassment of a situation.
It's becoming more clear the Packers knew that Rodgers wasn't vaxxed and still allowed him to attend pressers and more without following the rules, plus other events that violated even more of them.

You guys know I love the Packers but the team needs to pay hefty fines, possibly draft picks. How much and how many, I cannot speculate on.

Rodgers should be suspended. For how long, again I can't say that either.

For a franchise that (despite your fan bias, bear with me) normally tries to do right by their players, their fans, and even the media that have access to them, and is normally pretty well respected around the NFL in general not just for on the field stuff, this is...just an awful look, and they gotta make restitution for it to try and repair their image.

Man what a poo poo show.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
It seems clear now there was an elaborate coverup in the Packers organization itself. They knowingly and deliberately violated league protocols and jeopardized the health and safety of their own players, staff, their families and their communities. Rotten to the core, and it starts with the ownership. They need to divest their interest in the team and move on from Rodgers. Reminder he wanted to leave you already, being the selfish prick he is.

To Packers fans I say this: your quarterback is a narcissitic anti-vaxx supporter of domestic terrorism and insurrection who not only undermines your own team to stroke his own ego but put their very lives at risk. This is the face of your franchise yet I can't think of any other QB who is such a bad role model. Is this the type of person you want your kids looking up to? You wear his name on your back?

I ask you now, before God and the Holy Lombardi: Do you renounce Rodgers, and all of his works?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I say "I do"
but discordic organ chords hit and you just know we're gonna keep doing it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Styles Bitchley posted:

It seems clear now there was an elaborate coverup in the Packers organization itself. They knowingly and deliberately violated league protocols and jeopardized the health and safety of their own players, staff, their families and their communities. Rotten to the core, and it starts with the ownership. They need to divest their interest in the team and move on from Rodgers. Reminder he wanted to leave you already, being the selfish prick he is.

To Packers fans I say this: your quarterback is a narcissitic anti-vaxx supporter of domestic terrorism and insurrection who not only undermines your own team to stroke his own ego but put their very lives at risk. This is the face of your franchise yet I can't think of any other QB who is such a bad role model. Is this the type of person you want your kids looking up to? You wear his name on your back?

I ask you now, before God and the Holy Lombardi: Do you renounce Rodgers, and all of his works?

It’s entirely possible that he just got a fake vaccine card and nobody bothered to discount double check it until he popped positive. Either out of willing ignorance or actual incompetence. This take verges on conspiracy theory and I think if it’s true they would never admit it, but I absolutely believe there are players with fake cards out there and the team allowed him to operate like he’s vaxxed when there were other players who were not who followed the protocol

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I mean Tom Brady got vaccinated ffs and you know he is really far up his own rear end

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

GNU Order posted:

It’s entirely possible that he just got a fake vaccine card and nobody bothered to discount double check it until he popped positive. Either out of willing ignorance or actual incompetence. This take verges on conspiracy theory and I think if it’s true they would never admit it, but I absolutely believe there are players with fake cards out there and the team allowed him to operate like he’s vaxxed when there were other players who were not who followed the protocol

Eh… I think in Rodgers case they knew. No fake vax card needed. He asked for his bullshit, homeopathic, clay-eating, quack-cure to count as “vaccination,” and they rightfully said “no.” They knew what was up.

They let him do poo poo that they shouldn’t have without being vaccinated because he’s a star, and when you’re a star, they let you do it. :trumpsmug:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I really doubt there will be any serious repercussions but drat, when you take the headlines away from the receiver who committed vehicular homicide you have seriously hosed up. And if there's one thing the NFL will put above their stars it's the brand's image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
The NFL knew, too. Which makes the whole thing that much worse, they were turning a blind eye to all of it from the start.

How are they going to pretend to be on a high horse and come down hard when it’s blatant how much they were part of it?