Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
lmao papa desuta is about to make this timeline a murder mystery

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Izawa is the villain this comic needs and deserves.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
She was really just grooming him to take the publicity hit while raking in the big celebrity bucks.

Until he realises that he no longer needs her! :eyepop:

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

At first I thought “yea ok a divergence to explain the origin and ‘behind the scenes’ of this guys schtick” and yet NEET-author always finds a way to keep me on edge by just going….and going…and going

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

It took some getting used to, but I think I'm gonna miss this guy and his weird scam artist storyline once he's gone.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 55

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Pictured below: the average modder

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

:O

I love that the timeskip has finally happened but it does not seem to be to the present moment. Unless present day Enami always looked like that and I just forgot.

And she's not wrong about overconfidence. The thing about successful grifters is they don't have that thing in their brain that expresses self-doubt, shame, or fear of consequences. No one selling crystals or brain pills or indulgences are sitting around, ruminating on the ethics of their dubious services, they're going "how do I sell more crystals/brain pills/get-out-of-hell-free cards"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Appoda posted:

:O

I love that the timeskip has finally happened but it does not seem to be to the present moment. Unless present day Enami always looked like that and I just forgot.

And she's not wrong about overconfidence. The thing about successful grifters is they don't have that thing in their brain that expresses self-doubt, shame, or fear of consequences. No one selling crystals or brain pills or indulgences are sitting around, ruminating on the ethics of their dubious services, they're going "how do I sell more crystals/brain pills/get-out-of-hell-free cards"

Good post, but we're not quite out of the woods yet. You'll know we've popped back in to the present when the border returns to white.

lol have an extra

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dang, for a second there I thought he went out on stage pretending to be a woman

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, for a second there I thought he went out on stage pretending to be a woman

The year Enami went with the “Crossdressing Psychic” gimmick is probably something he wants to forget.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Did they specify Japanese in the original text?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Did they specify Japanese in the original text?

Hahaha. My first case of dyslexia with Japanese text. The text reads "Honjitsu no gesuto wa joyuu no Takakura Chiyo-san desu," "Today's guest is the actress Chiyo Takakura."

Except I originally read that first kanji mistakenly as 日本 (Nihon, Japan) instead of the correct 本日 (honjitsu, today). So I confused myself and read it as "Japan's guest is the actress Chiyo Takakura." I assumed they were on NHK or something, Japan's national public broadcast, making her a literal guest of the Japanese government.

So I just decided to split the difference and specify her as a Japanese actress. Feeling incredibly bone-headed right now.

Speaking of bone-headed, I'm about 90% sure that the back of that head is actually Takakura's and not Enami's. The stage hand says "Enami-san kyou mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu is one of those confounding Japanese greetings that can mean many different things based on the context. "It's a pleasure to meet you," "I look forward to working together," or (comedy option) "Please take care of me," since that's its literal translation.

Returning to the comic, I thought the stage hand might be saying something to the equivalent of "Thank you for your work today, Mr. Enami", but obsessing over it for the last several hours I've come to the conclusion that she's actually extending a kind of thanks to Takakura on Enami's behalf--"Mr. Enami appreciates you agreeing to be here today."

tl;dr; I messed up. Bigly.

Have a total revision and an extra.

edit: She calls him Enami-sensei.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've seen Yoroshiku onegaishimasu translated as "I'll be in your care" a few times. kind of awkward but fits most of the same scenarios without creating a new weird context if you don't want to go too deep into localising

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Returning to the comic, I thought the stage hand might be saying something to the equivalent of "Thank you for your work today, Mr. Enami", but obsessing over it for the last several hours I've come to the conclusion that she's actually extending a kind of thanks to Takakura on Enami's behalf--"Mr. Enami appreciates you agreeing to be here today."

(I think the back of the head in the first panel is Enami's and the stage-hand is addressing him.)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
on the edge of my seat right now wondering who will get the upper hand in this encounter. :stare:

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

yeah actually they will posted:

I've seen Yoroshiku onegaishimasu translated as "I'll be in your care" a few times. kind of awkward but fits most of the same scenarios without creating a new weird context if you don't want to go too deep into localising

That always reminds me of an (English) VN which used that meaning literally in a bad ending:

Hero (to psychotic love interest): Then, for now, I’ll be in your care!”
* I was never seen or heard of again after that day.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Author really flexing his back of the head drawing skills.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Izawa...

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Next comic: Of course, the actress is a public figure, and Enami and/or his girlfriend found pictures of her yard from a gardening magazine.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

The Japanese text about replies was really lengthy and a bit strange here, so maybe I missed some nuance or something with how the site works. Probably not, but I've never used any of these Japanese sites so I can't be sure.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Gonna lol if this keeps panning away to another employee who was posting spoilers until it's gone through everyone in the group.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I don't think figuring out how to beat the first boss at a time when other people have also reached the first boss counts as pre-release spoilers in the same way that knowing the secret hidden ending does

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Wait, Enami's NOT clairvoyant?? Wtf

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012
Why has Enami adopted Yoriko's middle school haircut?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm guessing Princess. Mainly because I want her to get some W's by cucking Izawa for anonymous strategy credit

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

I liked Izawa better when I thought he was just posting for the lulz. Now he seems way too invested on the reaction to it and just comes across as pathetic. Not quite as pathetic as NEET but that is not a high bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

purplestuffedworm posted:

Why has Enami adopted Yoriko's middle school haircut?

When you're pretending to be a psychic the sixhead look helps sell it