Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Seams posted:

Japanese audiences appreciate it when foreign wrestlers take the time to learn Japanese and appreciate the culture right? Has there ever been anyone who has done this in a really annoying, heelish way? Like bragging about how they’re more Japanese than the Japanese?

I think Kenny Omega did the opposite.

As in, the audience knew he could speak perfect Japanese, and was well acclimatized to living there and the culture etc. But when he turned heel most recently in NJPW, he only did interviews in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Amanda Huber is weird and that kids gonna grow up into a mega psycho

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Sounds great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Sounds great.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Piss and cry now. History will vindicate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That DICK!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A widow being protective of her husband is some psycho poo poo, get child protection services on the phone NOW.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lotta Cornballed posters ITT

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Prayed and talked to Trever (revert) before posting.. thank you for showing me your home

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
There are numerous English language interviews with Kalisto/SdS on YouTube (here's 90 minutes of him talking back in July) and he seems to pretty fluent/primary-language-sounding with English?

I on the other hand know about six words of Japanese and probably don't pronounce them correctly, but would still deserve to be clowned if I talked about my deep friendship that extends into the afterlife with Hannah Kimura, a person I had no actual relationship with.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Edit - nah

mkay0 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 4, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

please don't bring up that moron

not signing my post

i mean the r guy not jericho

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

mkay0 posted:

Rovert implying that Jericho and Amanda are both actually mad because they are MAGA? WTF is going on here

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

please just let rovert rest in peace alongside hhh

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Rovert should go back in time and stay there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

A widow being protective of her husband is some psycho poo poo, get child protection services on the phone NOW.

I said she was weird. I said the KID would be a psycho. The lengths you go to twist and discredit my theories prove you fear the truth

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

That DICK! posted:

I said she was weird. I said the KID would be a psycho. The lengths you go to twist and discredit my theories prove you fear the truth

I'll twist and discredit That DICK!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jericho IS very MAGA.

I don't think misspelling a name with the more common spelling is that weird. Especially since he may well have just gone by the other name he used or the other other name he used or something. Or a typo or brain fart or spell correct or something.

And its possible Sol wasn't even close friends with him but still felt his death a lot because he was a peer and coworker and acquaintance who died. And that could have resonated with him. This place is filled with people who didn't know him but still felt his death and expressed that in emotional ways publicly.

And millions of people pray to dead people or "speak" to them or "feel" them. Its not something I really believe or have felt much but its something lots of people do, including I'm sure many in aew.

Unless there's some deeper story that neither Jericho nor Amanda have brought up I don't understand the big over reaction and anger.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Posting on Something Awful getting very mad about tweets that have nothing to do with me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the chudzzzz

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Jericho IS very MAGA.

I don't think misspelling a name with the more common spelling is that weird. Especially since he may well have just gone by the other name he used or the other other name he used or something. Or a typo or brain fart or spell correct or something.

And its possible Sol wasn't even close friends with him but still felt his death a lot because he was a peer and coworker and acquaintance who died. And that could have resonated with him. This place is filled with people who didn't know him but still felt his death and expressed that in emotional ways publicly.

And millions of people pray to dead people or "speak" to them or "feel" them. Its not something I really believe or have felt much but its something lots of people do, including I'm sure many in aew.

Unless there's some deeper story that neither Jericho nor Amanda have brought up I don't understand the big over reaction and anger.

If a widow and a family friend are annoyed with someone name dropping their dead husband/friend, they probably know more about the situation than you. So it makes sense you would not understand the situation. You are not close to the deceased.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m seething with rage

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1456113124508008450?s=20

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thank you for inducting me into the WWE Hall of Fame. This means so much to me, my friends, my family... and of course the greatest of all time Eddie Guerrero!! (crowd cheers)

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Thank you for inducting me into the WWE Hall of Fame. This means so much to me, my friends, my family... and of course the greatest of all time Eddie Guerrero!! (crowd cheers)

This clout chasing rear end in a top hat can't even spell Eddy's name right!!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Jericho sure seems MAGA, but there's not a lot in his historical or present career to suggest he's got a grudge against Latinx wrestlers? Amanda Huber follows exactly two political figures on Twitter, AOC and Bernie Sanders, so the evidence for her being MAGA is... annoyed at Samuray del Sol, who is Mexican-American?

It's not like Amanda Huber was kept in the dark about her husband's career, his friends, what life was like ON THE ROAD WITH THE BOYS from all accounts. She also knows exactly who kept in touch when her husband left the WWE, when her husband fell ill, and who reached out to her when he passed.

She's liked tweets saying "It's possible she may feel it's disingenuous, I can't say for sure but she may have a reason to feel that way." and "if someone said they prayed and talked to my deceased spouse, and spelled their name wrong, i might bristle a bit ngl" which might suggest how she felt. This could have just been the latest and most public iteration of something that's been grinding at her for months now, but I have no way of knowing and neither does anyone here.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Luckily the only member of Eddie's family who is there is Sasha Banks so no one minds!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
knowing amanda huber,

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A wrestlers tragic death is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it’s often much harder on the widow than on the fan. However, I also know that it doesn’t necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

That DICK! posted:

A wrestlers tragic death is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it’s often much harder on the widow than on the fan. However, I also know that it doesn’t necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

You dick, making me remember this webcomic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

knowing amanda huber,

Excuse me it's actually Amannda you clout chaser :rolleyes:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

It could have also been autocorrect. If he is clout chasing or name dropping, then SDS needs to apologize to Amanda in private. If he wants her to understand why he posted that, then he needs to talk to her in private as well.

It all should have been handled in private but this is a public world.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

That DICK! posted:

take your loss and move on

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just last night I sat up and spoke with the ghost of Roddie Piper for several hours

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Just last night I sat up and spoke with the ghost of Roddie Piper for several hours

Great, now tell his widow.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

IGgy IGsen posted:

Great, now tell his widow.

She was there too. He moved a penny like the movie ghost.

(I'm Whoopi Goldberg)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

She was there too. He moved a penny like the movie ghost.

(I'm Whoopi Goldberg)

get back to making sister act 3 you coward

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think it is just the misspelling that is setting them off.

Oh yeah it's definitely clout chasing. I just think in the past we would of just heard Jericho fought another luchador backstage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

All he kept saying was "Put on the Glasses", it was weird.