Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It looks... incredible. I'm going to play this for 1000 years :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah it looks really great.

I believe this is the same exact video they showed to journalists a month or so ago? Based on what I remember reading from their write ups on it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What everyone else is saying here. This looks awesome. The open world + dungeons might make this the best level design by From.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm gonna be summoning lots of help.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Says preorders available

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Says preorders available

Ya looks like its up to pre purchase on Steam and PS store.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Big Dark Souls. Looking forward to it.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
trying to find the premium collectors edition so i can wear that stupid helmet all day while i play elden ring. can’t find it anywhere

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

punished milkman posted:

trying to find the premium collectors edition so i can wear that stupid helmet all day while i play elden ring. can’t find it anywhere

“Normal” collectors editions are up on GameStop, Best Buy, etc. Still haven’t found Helmet Edition. I hope it’s not a Euro only thing.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I remember watching trailers and stuff for Skyrim, believing that without a doubt it would be the greatest game ever made. It was a huge letdown.

I dont think it would be that foolish to have that same belief again, for ER.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

codo27 posted:

I remember watching trailers and stuff for Skyrim, believing that without a doubt it would be the greatest game ever made. It was a huge letdown.

I dont think it would be that foolish to have that same belief again, for ER.

It looks like all the best parts of their games x10

With all the jumping and verticality theres going to be so many hidden paths.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat if the Steam Deck can run this it’s going to consume me completely.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I was worried that it being open world would mean the cool explicitly and lovingly designed areas would go away but once they got into an area of interest it was unmistakably a well crafted Souls level.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Screencap of the cool map menu snippet shown in the trailer.
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1456267570416214031?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CYBEReris posted:

I was worried that it being open world would mean the cool explicitly and lovingly designed areas would go away but once they got into an area of interest it was unmistakably a well crafted Souls level.

same, but the castle looks great. And they said there are 7 of them right? Plus all the mini dungeons

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Pulcinella posted:

“Normal” collectors editions are up on GameStop, Best Buy, etc. Still haven’t found Helmet Edition. I hope it’s not a Euro only thing.

It's limited to the Bandai Namco store judging from the video.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Pulcinella posted:

Apparently helmet edition is Bandai only.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1456264930936586243?s=21

I think it’s the same as the CE except also has the helmet. If it’s anything like that Halo 2 (or was it 3?) CE you’ll be able to find the helmet in gamestops/Used book stores a few months after release. Of course that helmet was cat head size…

Edit: beaten.

I did the normal CE. I normally never, ever get CEs. But I basically stopped gaming between 2010 and late 2019 and missed the BB, DS3, and (somewhat) Sekiro “zeitgeist” and I want to be fully invested this time. Some games (e.g. Doom 2016) you can go back and play kind of whenever, but it sucked to be spoiled on BB and come to the game when the story and game had be “solved.” (I still loved BB though).

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 4, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pot guy owns

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
the game looks amazing. i wish there wasn't a map.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Those bosses look aggressive and difficult.

I will be using that spirit summoning magic (?) spell as my crutch for this game, in addition to summoning as many players that I can for help while constantly proclaiming that I have beaten every Dark Souls game and they are not even that hard.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mcmagic posted:

Death's Door doesn't have a map btw. It's great!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

External Organs posted:

Death's Door doesn't have a map btw. It's great!

I will likely get this when it comes out for PS5 later in the month. It looks cool.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

mcmagic posted:

I'm actually hoping it's not really required to progress, just mainly for making your own markings (which I will refuse to make)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The map looks gorgeous but I'm not a map fan. Maybe I'll feel different when I play.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
there are only 6000 helmets worldwide. i need the helmet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

I'm actually hoping it's not really required to progress, just mainly for making your own markings (which I will refuse to make)

i've never marked a map in a video game and i refuse to start now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aidan_702 posted:

You have to climb each castle / mountain to unlock the fog and show hundreds of useless points of interests.

When you clear them all you get a hat

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You have to climb each castle / mountain to unlock the fog and show hundreds of useless points of interests.

Do not speak such evil into the world.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tbh the soulsborne fandom is one of the only ones where "I did all that dumb bullshit for a hat" is said in jubilation as opposed to despair.

Can't remember how many ascetics I burned to get the full knight set from the prison tower in DSII.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I feel like From is only putting a map in there if they feel it's necessary for orientation. Open world type areas are easier to get turned around in after emerging from a 45-minute dungeon vs. the more directed paths of DS1. My takeaway is just that it's gonna be big but still leave the onus of discovery to you.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
i love maps in games and I love pot man he is the best

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Dungeons probably won't have maps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

what are the chances we have to kill pot man by the end

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

what are the chances we have to kill pot man by the end

Id rather smoke pot man. Haha.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This would be an improvement to any Assassins' Creed game.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Electromax posted:

I feel like From is only putting a map in there if they feel it's necessary for orientation. Open world type areas are easier to get turned around in after emerging from a 45-minute dungeon vs. the more directed paths of DS1. My takeaway is just that it's gonna be big but still leave the onus of discovery to you.
Dark Souls 1 already had that problem given how many people interpreted Crestfallen's "The other <bell> is far, far below" as meaning they had to go into Spookytown or the Skeletonhole.

I had the impression the guiding lights from the sites of grace will be an alternative for the map, if you just want to know where to go for progression.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pot man opens his lid and inside is a colony of tiny gremlins in full catarina armor

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
The animations and graphics looking basically identical to Dark Souls 3 is a bit disappointing... It's just open world Dark Souls. Which I mean, that's pretty fuckin cool and I'm here for it. I should know better by now to let hype get me worked up lol

e- what I'm really curious about- how are things going to be balanced? Elder Scrolls style level scaling or can you just wander into a place that will immediately gently caress you up?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I only really have nitpicks. Some of the open world setpieces looked kind of awkward to me, compared to FROM leveldesign from previous games. And I would have liked a bit more impact for the horse landing from great distances, it had very little oomph. Also hope the stealthing around is very optional, it didn't look super bad or anything just I don't enjoy stealth.

The castle they showed off looked amazing though, as did all the various weapon movesets and weapon arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DourCricket posted:

The animations and graphics looking basically identical to Dark Souls 3 is a bit disappointing... It's just open world Dark Souls. Which I mean, that's pretty fuckin cool and I'm here for it. I should know better by now to let hype get me worked up lol

e- what I'm really curious about- how are things going to be balanced? Elder Scrolls style level scaling or can you just wander into a place that will immediately gently caress you up?

I heard it's going to be elder scrolls style level scaling, yeah. They want you to theoretically go anywhere from the beginning, so the more you level up the monsters will be stronger and have more hp