Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Stux posted:

was not prepared foro how baffling the game was going to be lol

If there was any context for the world of the game, it might make a little bit of sense but it just kinda tosses you in with no explanation and poo poo gets crazy immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Sin and Punishment is insanely good and anyone who hasn't played it before should definitely check it out. The training mode is actually a really good introduction to the controls and I recommend playing through it and messing around with the different control modes before starting the game. (I think control mode C works best with modern controllers)

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Play Dead Cells, and Hades.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I know the dev is within their rights to get more money, but was it ever announced that Isaac: Repentance would be paid DLC? I don't remember reading about it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

goty

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bufu deez

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I wish I could play Return of The Obra Dinn, but something about the graphics makes me violently motion sick.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

it's like persona except without all the homophobia and teacher-student relationships

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hafer nice day

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SMTV is reviewing worse than Forza, rip switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SpicyPete posted:

the you tubers are having a field day

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

SpicyPete posted:

i rip my switch every day. rip it right out of the dock, into my powerful game-enabled hands.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bold prediction: I will play SMTV on my Nintendo Switch console and I will love it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

will wait til i see a post with 53 yotutube glasses/beard nerds makeing the Whoa face untiul i form my opinions abotu SMTFV

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Metroid Dread done, 75% items, 9 hours. The last couple hours were boosting my items from like 40 to 70 after the final boss kept nuking me, turns out I'd overlooked like 4 energy tanks. Final boss I didn't quite get his "I'm vulnerable/now I'm not" telegraphing at first, but I'm glad the bosses overall are short, tough, intense fights rather than 8-part healthbars.

Hard Mode, not quite yet.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

SpicyPete posted:

Has anyone checked the thumbs up/thumbs down ratio yet????

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The grover puppet guy is about to post an epic takedown of this fail sandwich

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

I know the dev is within their rights to get more money, but was it ever announced that Isaac: Repentance would be paid DLC? I don't remember reading about it.

Unfortunately I have no source but I do distinctly remember reading it would be either a standalone game or paid add on for those who already had the Switch Isaac

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SMT V is gonna rule hard

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

not surprised about the reviews, can't believe they'd make a persona spinoff using only the most boring part of it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lunar detritus posted:

not surprised about the reviews, can't believe they'd make a persona spinoff using only the most boring part of it

they made a game about Ohya????

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Hopefully i can beat smt3 before 5 comes out. Im playing on easy :smuggo:

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

Aw man, i wanted to date jack frost and have a hee ho time. Guess ill cancel my special edition preorder.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You know what's interesting? The video they put out explaining that metroid prime 4 was not coming along well and they decided to scrap everything and start over...has a lot more likes than dislikes. I'm surprised it wasn't met with a bunch of wailing and gnashing of teeth but it seems like gamers took the news pretty well

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You know what's interesting? The video they put out explaining that metroid prime 4 was not coming along well and they decided to scrap everything and start over...has a lot more likes than dislikes. I'm surprised it wasn't met with a bunch of wailing and gnashing of teeth but it seems like gamers took the news pretty well

i think the big takeaway was that they pulled off whoever was working on it and put on Retro Studios who everyone likes

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think the big takeaway was that they pulled off whoever was working on it and put on Retro Studios who everyone likes

Yeah that surely helped, plus the video was done in an apogetic/humble tone

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

They announced a physical release back in March with a $60 preorder, and at that time it was already released as paid DLC on Steam. I'm not sure if Edmund clarified on Twitter at the time that it was going to be paid DLC on the Switch but I don't think anyone assumed it would be a free update given those circumstances.

I'm more curious about the new physical edition. It will have to be a separate release from the digital one since there's no way otherwise to include DLC on cart, but will they have a mechanism to transfer saves (like the Pokémon+DLC release last year) or require you to start over?

I mean, I'm not that curious because it's $60 and gently caress Nicalis.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Willo567 posted:

it's like persona except without all the homophobia and teacher-student relationships

idk smt3 before the rerelease was easily worse than anyn persona game on the former

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Stux posted:

idk smt3 before the rerelease was easily worse than anyn persona game on the former

the diretor of smt3 also d irected persona 3,4,5 and catherine, three of which have some form of homo/transphobia in it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

They announced a physical release back in March with a $60 preorder, and at that time it was already released as paid DLC on Steam. I'm not sure if Edmund clarified on Twitter at the time that it was going to be paid DLC on the Switch but I don't think anyone assumed it would be a free update given those circumstances.

I'm more curious about the new physical edition. It will have to be a separate release from the digital one since there's no way otherwise to include DLC on cart, but will they have a mechanism to transfer saves (like the Pokémon+DLC release last year) or require you to start over?

I mean, I'm not that curious because it's $60 and gently caress Nicalis.

The new physical edition is also only available through Nicalis's site so gently caress that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was cool when people would talk about that as the Innate Homophobia of the Oriental and not that the persona director was a weirdo about gay poo poo

p5r removed some of it in localization which isn't much of a solution but i dont think anything can be done about p4 lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Willo567 posted:

the diretor of smt3 also d irected persona 3,4,5 and catherine, three of which have some form of homo/transphobia in it

yes i know

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 22, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like that SMT isn’t entirely like Persona because Persona already exists and homogenization is bad. That’s all I gotta say about the IGN review

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it was cool when people would talk about that as the Innate Homophobia of the Oriental and not that the persona director was a weirdo about gay poo poo

p5r removed some of it in localization which isn't much of a solution but i dont think anything can be done about p4 lol

I'm still kinda surprised nobody said "no" at any point in the development process esp. in P5

like that poo poo is not even remotely acceptable; it's crazy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I can confirm at the very least that Star Fox plays like a dream.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol this makes it sound like a 10/10 game. Perfect.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's been a year so I barely remember, but didn't they change the homophobic scene in P5 to something equally bad or stupid in P5R? Something about forcing Ryuji to model clothes against his will?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's been a year so I barely remember, but didn't they change the homophobic scene in P5 to something equally bad or stupid in P5R? Something about forcing Ryuji to model clothes against his will?

I wouldn't say equally bad, no, but it's still pretty dumb and bad, yeah. They try to pressure Ryuji into doing drag performance, basically. Also, the change is only in the localization--the Japanese text is unchanged.

It's unfortunate that they couldn't just cut those scenes entirely. I sorta suspect the localizers would've liked to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bp-but ogre battle 64 was on wii u!