Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Saw the 3rd movie the other night and I gotta say it took its sweet time to get up to full You Say Run mode.

(is that a spoiler?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty cool that this movie is getting more than just two dates for run time. Thanks Demon Train, you helped give anime movies an actual box office run.

Well, movies that aren't DB Super and Ghibli that is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Pretty cool that this movie is getting more than just two dates for run time. Thanks Demon Train, you helped give anime movies an actual box office run.

Well, movies that aren't DB Super and Ghibli that is.

I think this is also partly because theaters and Hollywood are still recovering from last year so they're willing to do longer runs just to have something running on the screens

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I think this is also partly because theaters and Hollywood are still recovering from last year so they're willing to do longer runs just to have something running on the screens

Absolutely. But hey I'll take it however it gets here.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The movie was extremely clearly where all the budget and good animators went instead of season 5. There were some cool bits but it's pretty annoying that they ruined the season for a flashing light fest that has no bearing on the story at all.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Ougher posted:

How is Deku going to get the ultimate PUNCH GOOD/SMASH power and not win by punching all his problems? :colbert: That doesn't seem very Plus Ultra of him.

Deku can SMASH the original All for One after he saves Shigaraki. Best of both worlds.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Bersimulakra/status/1455126614975541263

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Flesnolk posted:

It's pretty classic superhero storytelling to present the hero with a problem they simply can't solve by punching it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if physically overpowering Shigaraki For One is off the table.
This brings me to a proposal. All in favor of changing AFO’s name to All For Shiggy?

poo poo like this makes me super sad Caleb Cook is gone from Twitter.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m not glad he’s gone because his trivia was fun

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

I’m not glad he’s gone because his trivia was fun

Yeah they agreed with you, said they were sad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021/11/04/my-hero-academia-world-heroes-mission-collab-with-venom-comic-artist-revealed/?sf153915327=1

There was an official collab with an American comic artist and this is just the one Naruto blu ray cover all over again

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I....think I hate Western comics Deku.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I have so many questions. Why is Deku so angry? Why do the sparks look so dumb? Why is Deku's foot already behind the blue guy? What the hell is going on with blue guy's left forearm? What the hell is going on with blue guy in general? Bones and... portals? What kind of theme is that?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For that matter, is the blue guy supposed to be someone in particular or just a random villain made up for this drawing?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Larryb posted:

For that matter, is the blue guy supposed to be someone in particular or just a random villain made up for this drawing?

He's the big bad of the third movie.

edit: BTW those aren't portals, they are force reflectors

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 4, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blue guy is my self-insert

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ah, makes sense. What’s his deal out of curiosity?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Did this start out as art for something else and the guy decided to use it in this project instead and changed it to Deku? There's no punch or kick being wound up here, just sort of a leaping tackle or something. No sense of motion at all.

e:

hiddenriverninja posted:

I guess this makes sense why there's no punching or kicking? I dunno, still doesn't seem like a great piece.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Larryb posted:

He's the leader of a humanity-first cult that believes quirks will lead to the destruction of the planet so he tries to kill everyone with powers with some Trigger quirk bombs IIRC

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Larryb posted:

His quirk is always active and reflects everything, even emotions, making him unable to connect with others and unable to even kill himself.

World Heroes Mission has a pitch-black dark start, a warm fluffy middle, and a breakneck kinda scattered ending, but it’s good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, I saw it last night, it's a fun movie. I came in looking for fun action and cool quirks and that's what I got. The new movie buddy is also a fun character and I liked his dynamic with Deku.

One big nitpick I have is that they only wear those cool stealth suits that showed off in all the ads for like the first 5 minutes of thr movie and never even fight anyone in them! What's even the point of having them if you're not gonna use them!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, I saw it last night, it's a fun movie. I came in looking for fun action and cool quirks and that's what I got. The new movie buddy is also a fun character and I liked his dynamic with Deku.

One big nitpick I have is that they only wear those cool stealth suits that showed off in all the ads for like the first 5 minutes of thr movie and never even fight anyone in them! What's even the point of having them if you're not gonna use them!

Merchandise.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DrakePegasus posted:

Merchandise.

You could sell more merch by showing them doing cool poo poo in them!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's a reasonable antagonist for a guy with super strength at least. The bones are still bad.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Out of curiosity, do any other characters make a major appearance besides Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Endeavor?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, do any other characters make a major appearance besides Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Endeavor?

Most of the other class are in other parts of the world tracking down the terrorist bombs and get little scenes of them doing stuff near the end, though there are a few who spend the whole movie at the dorms doing nothing(including Mina, let her do poo poo dammit! :argh:).

Funny thing about Bakugo, Todoroki, and Endeavor, they only really do stuff near the beginning and the end of the movie, the majority of the film is following Daku and the new movie character while they're on the run after being framed for mass murder.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Most of the other class are in other parts of the world tracking down the terrorist bombs and get little scenes of them doing stuff near the end, though there are a few who spend the whole movie at the dorms doing nothing(including Mina, let her do poo poo dammit! :argh:).

Funny thing about Bakugo, Todoroki, and Endeavor, they only really do stuff near the beginning and the end of the movie, the majority of the film is following Daku and the new movie character while they're on the run after being framed for mass murder.

Huh, weird that Bakugo and Todoroki were front and center in most of the advertising for the movie then.

The other stuff sounds similar to what they did in the first movie honestly (and yeah, Mina is awesome and deserves to be allowed to actually do things)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Huh, weird that Bakugo and Todoroki were front and center in most of the advertising for the movie then.

The other stuff sounds similar to what they did in the first movie honestly (and yeah, Mina is awesome and deserves to be allowed to actually do things)

I mean Todoroki and Bakugou still get more screentime than the rest of the class, and they both get big epic fight scenes at the end, but the movie is very much not about them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Todoroki murder a guy again?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I bet someone's hand gets really messed up

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

He certainly tried his hardest to.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Maybe it's because it's a thursday evening but I'm the only one at this showing of the movie so far. Cool that this movie came with an info book.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Lol when was this?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That guy he fought in heroes rising. They say captured I think, but c’mon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nonexistence posted:

Lol when was this?

Second movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSmu6pl7ow

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nonexistence posted:

Lol when was this?

Heroes Rising has him shove his hand into someone's mouth and encase them in ice

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

christmas boots posted:

That guy he fought in heroes rising. They say captured I think, but c’mon

Well it's not they say that, it's that we see the police leading him away after.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Vinylshadow posted:

Heroes Rising has him shove his hand into someone's mouth and encase them in ice

Actually, encasing him in ice had failed like twice earlier so what he did was flash freeze him from the inside, with emphasis on making it as cold as he possibly could. He absolutely killed that dude but because of shounen magic he was okay and got arrested instead.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well it's not they say that, it's that we see the police leading him away after.

Leading a corpse away, he's dead, he got frozen from the inside out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The problem with Todoroki's quirk being so crazy, is that whenever he faces someone who pushes him to his limit, it's hard to believe anyone can survive his strongest attacks.