Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I heard it's going to be elder scrolls style level scaling, yeah. They want you to theoretically go anywhere from the beginning, so the more you level up the monsters will be stronger and have more hp

Thats not true lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I swear it's true, my uncle who works at FROM told me

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I swear it's true, my uncle who works at FROM told me

Oh poo poo. Quick, ask him about velvet veil and bb2

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bloodborne 2 will be a mobile gacha game

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh poo poo. Quick, ask him about velvet veil and bb2

He's not working on VV but he was on the Bloodborne 2 team when it got cancelled in favor of this Bloodborne gaiden type story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDQGmCeiTk

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Oh drat I really dislike the look of that crafting system

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

skasion posted:

Oh drat I really dislike the look of that crafting system

The traditional grid of items divided by type, just select what you want and how many with no crafting animations... seems fine :shrug:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

one weird tip for map dislikers is to not open the map

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lookin like Dark Souls in a field, which sounds pretty fun to me.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I am hype

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The jumping is gonna mess with my head, I've spent too much time treating knee-high barriers like they're towering walls. It's gonna take me like 6 hours to get it into my head that I can just jump over to a spot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tote up a bags posted:

one weird tip for map dislikers is to not open the map

sounds fake

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

acksplode posted:

The jumping is gonna mess with my head, I've spent too much time treating knee-high barriers like they're towering walls. It's gonna take me like 6 hours to get it into my head that I can just jump over to a spot.

In DS2, on the path to Drangleic castle, there's an item on a corpse draped over a chest-high wall, so I assumed it was unreachable. I looked for alternate routes that would get me up on top of the wall or coming down the hill on the other side of it so I could reach the corpse but couldn't find one. I made 3 new characters and on each one I'd briefly look for a way to reach the item before giving up and moving on to Drangleic.

On my fourth character I just walked up to the item on the wall and took it

Jumping's gonna mess with my head

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Caesar Saladin posted:

lookin like Dark Souls in a field, which sounds pretty fun to me.

it's even got a king in it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
breath of the souls

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Looks like you can get that huge fuckin dragon head the boss uses as a weapon. Fashion looks sick too, love that mage's getup

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

welp I think I'm going to stop reading this thread. gonna hold off on watching gameplay and getting spoiled as long as possible. see you on the other side

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Seems the gameplay is going to be very dynamic

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

I heard it's going to be elder scrolls style level scaling, yeah. They want you to theoretically go anywhere from the beginning, so the more you level up the monsters will be stronger and have more hp

idk if they ever talked about scaling enemies in any interviews. I hope not. I wanna go to the endgame areas off the bat so i can get murdered. Tho i think they did mention some areas being gated off in the beginning?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Looks like you can get that huge fuckin dragon head the boss uses as a weapon. Fashion looks sick too, love that mage's getup

Earlier in the co-op fight against the mounted forest boss you can see the co-op partner using a spell that causes a dragon head like that to shoot a fireball out, too.

Man I wonder if that’s going to be a dragon covenant thing?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I imagine if they did do scaling it wouldn't just be "enemy HP = X * player level" or whatever like in Skyrim. I imagine it would be more like world progression where harder enemies spawn after you've progressed a certain amount.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Volte posted:

I imagine if they did do scaling it wouldn't just be "enemy HP = X * player level" or whatever like in Skyrim. I imagine it would be more like world progression where harder enemies spawn after you've progressed a certain amount.

That'd be pretty much hold BotW did it. Which I didn't hate. Though that game used a lot more pallette swaps.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Virginia Slams posted:

Seems the gameplay is going to be very dynamic

Can't wait for the mod that allows me to drive around the map in my 2016 Honda Accord.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh sure another copy-paste souls boss? whatever

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Caesar Saladin posted:

Dark Souls in a field
Souls Field confirmed?

Verticality will get me stuck, and jumping will get me killed so much. The rest will keep me hard for years.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i hope you can give the horse armor

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CYBEReris posted:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

i hope you can give the horse a cool hat

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I'm very curious about the summons. They look cool and fun, but I wonder how strong they will be. Will a pure summoner build be possible?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

oh sure another copy-paste souls boss? whatever

one does not simply drive into Lothric

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i can't believe its going to have login rewards and seasonal events

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

CYBEReris posted:

"I offer you an accord."

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I hope you can get different types of horses and that one horse is those loving ice stags from dark souls 2 dlc.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i can't believe its going to have login rewards and seasonal events

Souls fundamentalists mad at improvements that bring the game into this century, film at 11 :rolleyes:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

wonder if they put out a proper upload of the video... the youtube stream looked terrible

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

Qmass posted:

wonder if they put out a proper upload of the video... the youtube stream looked terrible

Yup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-zJ3bAg08

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

That'd be pretty much hold BotW did it. Which I didn't hate. Though that game used a lot more pallette swaps.

It's kind of how Bloodborne and Sekiro did it too, at least in a few places.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Slight correction: BOTW’s enemy scaling wasn’t based on progression. It was exclusively based on kills. The more the kill, the faster the world scales with you. As you progress you happen to kill stuff along the way so things level up with you.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
The spells in this game look sick as heck. Well, the whole game really looks sick as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

so cool that every game is open world with static repetitive combat scenarios with beacons to light fragments to collect and Unlockables