Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"There's no signs of life" he says forgetting the sentient non-organic life that exists all over the galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larryb posted:

I know there’s a PS4 version of the first one at least, but yeah a port of the whole trilogy would be cool.

they didn't do the others????? rear end

wii VC wins again

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Well, I got tired of Witcher 3 and have given up. My final comment: why are Geralt's ankles and knees made out of glass, he seems more vulnerable to fall damage than any other player character.

Think I might go back to Dead Cells now, I first played it before I ever played a From game and now I want to back with my superior reflexes. Or I might go back to Hyper Light Drifter and gear up to beat the boss rush with my post-Sekiro abilities. HLD is also a game I've been meaning to do a Best Games writeup about for a while.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Started sekiro again fresh after getting up to where i was on ps4 with cheats and feeling like it would be better to just play straight

Game is freaking wonderful

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked Witcher 3 but I played it on easy because it is literally a game that would be improved as a visual novel or walksim. everything I liked about it was the quest and writing design, and the combat was just borderline tolerable

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I liked Witcher 3 but I played it on easy because it is literally a game that would be improved as a visual novel or walksim. everything I liked about it was the quest and writing design, and the combat was just borderline tolerable

Yeah just making the combat as much of a non-entity as possible is totally acceptable in W3

I kinda wish it was more interesting/deep/...good since there's so much going on with the potions, bombs, and blade oils and it seems like you can kinda ignore most of it. I like the idea of getting yourself all juiced up with the right potion buffs before going off to Fantasy Orkin Man some weird monster that requires foreknowledge of to take down properly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
western developers figure out how to do fun third person ARPG combat challenge

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

↩️ AAM, or the sweetest missiles in the series

Alright, I have everything except this one, I think. This is way too vague and I'm trying everything it could be.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The emoji was a clue, I was surprised that there were other options people were considering besides the missile that could Quickly turn 180

Edit:

It has similar range with standard missiles, but the difference is that the QAAM has better agility, in which that if it misses the target, the missile will turn around in an attempt to chase the target again until it runs out of fuel, and it has double the damage of standard missiles, in which that they can one-shot most enemy aircraft if it hits. The incarnation in Ace Combat 04 was notorious for its very deadly accuracy, in which that about 9 out of 10 launches, the missile will always destroy the target.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 4, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Am I looking for Heartbreak One's first or last name?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Waffleman_ posted:

"There's no signs of life" he says forgetting the sentient non-organic life that exists all over the galaxy

Sure, but an imperial officer is probably a big enough racist to forget this sort of thing.

I’m more amused by the thought that escape pods regularly jettison by accident and there aren’t failsafes to prevent this.
Flying through popular space lanes having to manually turn the ship around the many discarded escape pods. This is fine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Am I looking for Heartbreak One's first or last name?

First name

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd forgotten how wonderful Six Ages is... that's most of what I've been playing this week
I urge everyone to play it!
It's a storybook strategy roleplaying game with uncertain mechanics that nonetheless befit its setting, a bronze age mythological world with tumultuous gods and complicated clan dynamics! Where questions are frequently posed with no exact answer!

It's got cool stories like, how the rivers are actually all blue serpents that must be tamed before you can cross them, or how three troublesome children of your clan get "blessed" with the gift to conjure fire by your sun god, and do you A) send them to a neighboring clan that's better equipped to nurture their power, B) beg the sun god to reclaim this power as its already burnt down some homesteads and barley fields, or C) trust your chief to be able to convince the kids to maybe cool it on the fire until they're adults and undesrand what they're doing?

I love it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

C is definitely the wrong answer right

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

C has worked out for me, my chieftainess is a competent (especially for someone only in her 40s!!) earth goddess worshipper with superb diplomacy and leadership skills. Later on there was an event where the kids burnt down another few homes by accident that cost us a fair amount of trade goods to replace, but I just plundered a neighbouring village to get some of their riches so it's all good

I have one of the kids, now an adult, on my council and he's amazing at magic and offers some of the most sensible advice I've seen so far...

Game makes me giddy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it was the will of the force influencing the empire guy who said let the pod go

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure I've got everything right and it's still not taking, gah.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I checked the code for any I/L 0/O issues and it should work, hmm

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

send me the code and i'll compare it to the hints

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I checked the code for any I/L 0/O issues and it should work, hmm

I might be getting something wrong somewhere but the failure point is hard to tell.

E: Is 💸 E?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 4, 2021

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

elden ring continues to look really really cool

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Coppers have arrived on da island.

https://twitter.com/l0rfie/status/1456094247237656579

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is why the response to Cyberpunk was so strange to me. People were expecting the second coming in a long-awaited Cyberpunk game, then complained the gameplay as an FPS/ARPG wasn't as in-depth as demanded by "hardcore" gamers looking to exploit every mechanic.

The people who played it as a good looking game, that catered to your average moron with a console/PC (and aged gamers like me who don't want a game that's impossible) then the storyline really worked for it. I didn't get too far, I realised my under-specced GPU was under-specced for reason, but the 30 hours or so I played were enjoyable from a good old yarn perspective.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cyberpunk was the world's highest budget eurojank game and it owned

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's shallow and then there's "half the selectable skills in the game do not work as intended or at all."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Andrast posted:

Cyberpunk was the world's highest budget eurojank game and it owned

dang now I want to play this

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Mrenda posted:

This is why the response to Cyberpunk was so strange to me. People were expecting the second coming in a long-awaited Cyberpunk game, then complained the gameplay as an FPS/ARPG wasn't as in-depth as demanded by "hardcore" gamers looking to exploit every mechanic.

The people who played it as a good looking game, that catered to your average moron with a console/PC (and aged gamers like me who don't want a game that's impossible) then the storyline really worked for it. I didn't get too far, I realised my under-specced GPU was under-specced for reason, but the 30 hours or so I played were enjoyable from a good old yarn perspective.

I mean CDPR did severely misrepresent what the game was

If you were paying attention you knew they were lying but they still lied out their rear end about it lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all marketing is lying and yet everyone keeps falling for it. not i.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

There's shallow and then there's "half the selectable skills in the game do not work as intended or at all."

That's eurojank in a nutshell

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

all marketing is lying and yet everyone keeps falling for it. not i.

hate to say that stux is always right but he don't miss

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

stats and skills having no effect is a sworn right of Eastern European RPG developers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been saying it for years, watching the e3 game awards and getting excited for the trailers is bad gaming

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

That's eurojank in a nutshell

It's more charming when it comes from an actual B-tier studio and not a billion dollar megacorp.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ok, but how many games let you watch ghost brain keanu reaves have extremely awkward animated sex? Just Cyberpunk 2077, and I think maybe the secret ending of Solomon's Key 2: Coolmint Island Rescue Operation AKA Fire 'n Ice

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
New Josh Sawyer game sounds pretty cool

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/qmndge/josh_sawyer_obsidian_game_details_from_grubbsnax/

quote:

Focusing on experimental mechanics and interactions.

It's still being developed by a small team.

16th century Europe setting.

Still planned to have no combat.

Murder mystery RPG. You will be investigating a murder by talking to people and building a case. You can accuse people of murder. You will possibly continue to play even if you get it wrong and see the consequences.

Planned to be coming out in 2022.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's more charming when it comes from an actual B-tier studio and not a billion dollar megacorp.

That just makes it funnier

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Back on the beat

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Mrenda posted:

They did make a TV series out of The Witcher, maybe they'll do the same for CP77.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes. More Planescape tormentlikes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The new Sawyer game sounds like it's going to be a mess

I will probably love it