Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jabor posted:

Edgar just keeps coming back, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I could see a deck where this is the top end and you play archon of emeria to lock the game into night mode some of the time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't think of 1 good 4 mana lord.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jabor posted:

Edgar just keeps coming back, huh?

Yes.
Also because it's legendary if you play two you can have a coffin active making bats!
And then it transforms and kills itself again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

I can't think of 1 good 4 mana lord.

Master of Waves :colbert:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HootTheOwl posted:

Master of Waves :colbert:

Fair. I played a lot of that card too lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hmm, this one doesn't really want you to exile a land.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Grouchy Hermit(?)

Whenever ~ receives damage, it deals the same amount to any target.

1R: ~ gets +2/+0 until the end of turn.

Howling Pack Avenger(?)

When a permanent you control receives damage, ~ deals the same amount to any target.

Daybound

Nightbound

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Grouchy Hermit(?)

Howling Pack Avenger(?)

When a permanent you control receives damage, ~ deals the same amount to any target.

Daybound

Nightbound

I'm pretty sure the Grouchy Hermit is Daybound, rather than the flipside being both Daybound and Nightbound.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jabor posted:

I'm pretty sure the Grouchy Hermit is Daybound, rather than the flipside being both Daybound and Nightbound.

Yeah I put them in after the fact and in the wrong place lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Eidolon tugging at it's collar as this guy shows up in burn. (Eidolon is probably better, maybe in pioneer you play both)

That guy punishes fetchlands real hard while not burning you in return, it seems pretty close

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TheKingofSprings posted:

That guy punishes fetchlands real hard while not burning you in return, it seems pretty close
Not any harder than any other land, really. (The fetched land isn't played, so it's 3 not 5) and it does burn you when you play a card with the type. It's symetrical.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Grouchy Hermit(?)

Howling Pack Avenger(?)

Daybound

Nightbound

What does the guy on the left do?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

What does the guy on the left do?

He’s a spoiler for the next “Un-“ set, Unlikable.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TotalHell posted:

He’s a spoiler for the next “Un-“ set, Unlikable.

ooooo

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Panicked Spectator
1W
Creature - Human Peasant
Whenever Panicked Spectator or another creature you control dies, you gain 1 life.
At the beginning of your end step, if you have gained 3 or more life this turn, transform Panicked Spectator.
2/2
//
Giggling Culprit
Creature - Human Rogue
Whenever Giggling Culprit or another creature you control dies, you gain 1 life.
1B: Giggling Culprit gains deathtouch until end of turn.
3/5

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The full card set gallery drops tomorrow I think?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The full card set gallery drops tomorrow I think?

Yes
Commander next week.
Then it's on mtgo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

We haven't seen Kaya (art of her busting in on the wedding) or Odric (presumably the character that's a vampire now), right? Is there anything else we were expecting based on art/Maro's teaser that we haven't seen yet?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

We haven't seen Kaya (art of her busting in on the wedding) or Odric (presumably the character that's a vampire now), right? Is there anything else we were expecting based on art/Maro's teaser that we haven't seen yet?

I don't think we've seen whatever has Omen counters yet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man I wish MTGO's interface looked nicer. I'm trying to watch some boros burn matches to prepare for going to my LGS next week but I'm spoiled by Arena's interface making everything look nice and easy to figure out what's going on lol

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I don't think we've seen whatever has Omen counters yet

Celestial Convergence, a card that, befitting a Prophecy rare, takes seven turns to do anything and can still backfire.

The card was even futureproofed against any viability by counting down with counters, preventing Proliferate from helping.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Celestial Convergence, a card that, befitting a Prophecy rare, takes seven turns to do anything and can still backfire.

The card was even futureproofed against any viability by counting down with counters, preventing Proliferate from helping.

I mean Maro said a card in Vow would have Omen counters and I don't think they've shown it yet. Unless they're reprinting convergence lol.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I've wanted an Enchantress that did this on Constellation triggers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Epiphany mirror breaker.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol cool

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

If that could hit lands it would be a better tidespout tyrant

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Could you hexmage this

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

the nadir of magic art was magic origins thru kaladesh

its been slowly but surely getting better since

amonketh is the worst for me. just a ton of cgi dudes with an orange filter on top, ugh

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

HootTheOwl posted:

Not any harder than any other land, really. (The fetched land isn't played, so it's 3 not 5) and it does burn you when you play a card with the type. It's symetrical.

It punishes fetchlands because fetches go to the yard, right?

That's what I assumed the original post meant.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Could you hexmage this

you can also play solemnity the turn before.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Defeatist Elitist posted:

It punishes fetchlands because fetches go to the yard, right?

That's what I assumed the original post meant.

Yeah if someone fetches you can exile the fetch making all lands punish on play.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

He looks so happy to be here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Man I wish MTGO's interface looked nicer. I'm trying to watch some boros burn matches to prepare for going to my LGS next week but I'm spoiled by Arena's interface making everything look nice and easy to figure out what's going on lol

Best I can usually find is searching youtube for the deck name sorted by most recent and then filter out the no name videos. That being said I'm pretty sure Jeff Hoogland has the most up to date play through a modern league so it's going to be difficult to watch on several levels. I just finished burn to get into modern night at my store a few weeks ago and am in the same spot