Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Acerbatus posted:

Is Qiqi any good? I got her from a standard token.

I've just hit friendship ten on Qiqi. I'm bad at dodging and Qiqi never dies so I'll swap to her to take a few hits. Her burst doesn't come up often but she can apply the effect to a monster by hitting it so it's not difficult to get heals. She doesn't put cryo on as often as I'd like

I prepared for the Sayu banner by using five billets to craft a rank 5 Inazuma claymore. Sadly I got three Thomas instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can use Raiden instead of Fischl as your Electro battery. So like Yoimiya Beidou Raiden Bennett.
It's true that her burst doesn't work with Beidou's, but that just means you need to kill the ~5 remaining seconds of chainlightning duration between when Yoi's skill ends and when you pop Musou. You can probably get that by just switching between beidou and bennett to use skills and attack once or twice each.

i use raiden with yoimiya for overworld so i don't know how i blanked that idea. the damage from just the 2 of them with bennett is great and feels good. i guess the "beidou never goes with raiden, idiot" mentality just hosed me. it doesn't sound bad at all with yoi having most of the screen time

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I decided to do about 240~ rolls on this banner (stockpiled since Kaz's first run). I really wanted a C6 Thoma because I think he's cool looking but the game did not want this to happen:

3 Hu Tau (Happy about this), 7 Diona (Sure, why not). 3 Thoma (Woo). 13 Sayu (?!?!) 1 Diluc. (Hell yeah).

Why does the game want me to have this many Sayu's?! I'm gonna have to get Hu Tao set up after this, but I'm really amused by the amount of Sayu's that I ended up getting. I don't have any good Spears for her, though. Is The Catch any use on her or can she use a 3* like Zhongli?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

iGestalt posted:

Why does the game want me to have this many Sayu's?! I'm gonna have to get Hu Tao set up after this, but I'm really amused by the amount of Sayu's that I ended up getting. I don't have any good Spears for her, though. Is The Catch any use on her or can she use a 3* like Zhongli?

Hu tao can use the tassel if you literally don't have anything else like Dragon's Bane or Deathmatch, because she hard scales off HP.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sayu uses claymores I use the fish cuz it's cute

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Tae posted:

Hu tao can use the tassel if you literally don't have anything else like Dragon's Bane or Deathmatch, because she hard scales off HP.

Yeah the low base attack doesnt matter much for her compared to other characters. I think you'll want to mix in a few more nornal attacks to take advantage of the weapons passive though. Which means you might vaporize non-charged attacks. I remember reading that somewhere at least

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The word is that amber is the PREMIER support for Hu Tao anemo. You can double vaporize Xingqiu's E with fire rain and still have pyro left over to swirl before using hu tao. This might be old news but I only understood the xingqiu E part recently.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and you get that sweet Elegy buff from Amber

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

No Wave posted:

The word is that amber is the PREMIER support for Hu Tao anemo. You can double vaporize Xingqiu's E with fire rain and still have pyro left over to swirl before using hu tao. This might be old news but I only understood the xingqiu E part recently.

If this is the case I’m unironically stoked to have a reason to level her. I’ve always liked her

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Yeah that team was around for a while, but you don't see much of it since without shield or proper healing your supports eventually die of attrition.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well only 4 weeks until Yunjin leaks as anemo shielder 👍

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Amber can optimally double-pyro her way back to my bench, Thoma is here now to provide pyro backup to Hu Tao. But I wish so badly I could make a carry of this dude. Cool model, great animations, very satisfying attack string on a weapon I normally dislike. Oh well, shield and swap out, king.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

yeah, otherwise you don't really want to use sac sword on xq with hu tao since you lose uptime. if you didn't have an elegy it isn't very good anyways, this is pretty much for weapon banner whales trying to optimize one shot builds.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I dont think whales are the only elegy owners out there anymore...

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Should I sit this banner out if I'm f2p and already have Hu Tao c0?

I am about 50 deep on a 50/50 pity and have 150 more rolls in the wallet, so I'm in a good spot, but I don't know if Hu Tao c1 is really worth the opportunity to get a new character. Thoma would be nice but he doesn't seem OP and he'll probably show up in my standard pool rolls eventually. It almost seems like a better idea to roll the weapon banner for staff of homa to put on Hu Tao (currently using white tassel) or Zhongli, but the weapon banner seems REALLY dubious as f2p so probably not.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

are you satisfied with how hu tao is performing at c0

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Scoss posted:

I am about 50 deep on a 50/50 pity and have 150 more rolls in the wallet, so I'm in a good spot, but I don't know if Hu Tao c1 is really worth the opportunity to get a new character. Thoma would be nice but he doesn't seem OP and he'll probably show up in my standard pool rolls eventually. It almost seems like a better idea to roll the weapon banner for staff of homa to put on Hu Tao (currently using white tassel) or Zhongli, but the weapon banner seems REALLY dubious as f2p so probably not.

You do not need c1 on any 5* character

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

I dont think whales are the only elegy owners out there anymore...

they can just do a lot of DPS and don't need a shield. if you have a c1 hutao as well you can spend more time dodging because you don't need the stamina as well. if you just had an elegy and a c0 hutao i don't think i would recommend the VV strat with amber, its kinda frustrating imo. rather i would probably put it on fishl and use zhongli as my 4th.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A homa would be better than c1 hu tao if you really care about using all your rolls.

Homa is just plain arguably top 1 spear still, and there's no shortage of excellent polearm users in this game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

do not pull on the weapon banner, it's the way to sadness

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Scoss posted:

Do you have deathmatch or dragon’s bane? Not having one of those will hurt you more than not having her c1.

All 4*s end up in the standard pool, but getting a specific one from there is really a blind shot in the dark with very low odds.

Roll on the banner if you wouldn’t mind getting the 4 stars listed. Sayu is fun, Thoma is yet to be seen, and diona constellations are also pretty good. If you want other 4 stars more, then just wait to see what the next banner will be.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My opinion on pulling as a f2p player: if you have even the slightest doubt whether pulling on something is what you want to do, do not pull

Pulling is for banners where you 100% want that specific character

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Andrast posted:

do not pull on the weapon banner, it's the way to sadness

Counterpoint: roll on the weapon banner if you want weapons more than you want characters.

I gambled on Homa and lost, but Elegy is still going to do more for me than extra Qiqi constellations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

Counterpoint: roll on the weapon banner if you want weapons more than you want characters.

I gambled on Homa and lost, but Elegy is still going to do more for me than extra Qiqi constellations.

That Qiqi constellation would have guaranteed you a new character on your next go around

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
most people won't even use hu tao c1 to its potential because you need to jump cancel constantly to get the most out of it

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Guarantees are for cowards. Plus I'm not saving for anyone specific right now; I rolled hu tao by accident, which is also how I rolled the majority of my 5*s. Embrace the gacha.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

Guarantees are for cowards. Plus I'm not saving for anyone specific right now; I rolled hu tao by accident, which is also how I rolled the majority of my 5*s. Embrace the gacha.

I will not be happy until i have 100k primos saved up

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Andrast posted:

My opinion on pulling as a f2p player: if you have even the slightest doubt whether pulling on something is what you want to do, do not pull

Pulling is for banners where you 100% want that specific character
Alternatively, pull based on 4* and let the chips fall where they may for the 5*s.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

most people won't even use hu tao c1 to its potential because you need to jump cancel constantly to get the most out of it

if you have c1 you should be dash cancelling, since it raises your potential DPS so much.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I just want to say that Sayu's spin dash combined with Aloy's exploration passive is very hilarious when it comes to pigeon murder.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Incoherence posted:

Alternatively, pull based on 4* and let the chips fall where they may for the 5*s.
I did this and it's how I ended up with Ayaka and Kazuha, two characters I love playing with who I never would've tried pulling for. Endorsed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

I just want to say that Sayu's spin dash combined with Aloy's exploration passive is very hilarious when it comes to pigeon murder.

I hope they get buffed so that animals don't run away no matter how many you kill and the crystalflies don't get startled the second you pick up one.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I did this and it's how I ended up with Ayaka and Kazuha, two characters I love playing with who I never would've tried pulling for. Endorsed.

This is what I did with Kokomi & Childe’s banner and ended up with both of them. I never would have pulled for them on their own. This is the best way tbh

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Does anyone have Silk Flowers in their world that they don't need? There's so few of them and they take forever to respawn. :(

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Incoherence posted:

This is the best way, I wanted all three 4* on this banner so I didn't even care when I hit soft pity and got a Qiqi constellation. She's getting a buff with the new artifact set anyway, so now my future permafreeze DPS Qiqi meme build will be even better.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
With the new artifact set i think Qiqi will be really good for co-op bosses. Its something at least

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Radical posted:

if you have c1 you should be dash cancelling, since it raises your potential DPS so much.

I thought c1 made jump cancel more effective since you run into the hidden evade limit cooldown a lot if you're just spamming N1C?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Boat Stuck posted:

Does anyone have Silk Flowers in their world that they don't need? There's so few of them and they take forever to respawn. :(

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Amber can optimally double-pyro her way back to my bench, Thoma is here now to provide pyro backup to Hu Tao. But I wish so badly I could make a carry of this dude. Cool model, great animations, very satisfying attack string on a weapon I normally dislike. Oh well, shield and swap out, king.

In the back of my mind I've had an idea for a team for a bit, but since I got nothing but Sayus I can't try it out myself. The team is Thoma/Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu. Thoma is using refinement 5 Kitain, 4 Thundering Fury, EM/EM/EM. Basically, Thoma auto attacks for Beidou, and every time he overloads (every 2 seconds on average?) it does a bit under 20k damage and reduces his skill's CD. Since there is no selfish DPS, you are free to switch parry with Beidou at any time, which also activates Thoma's talent, reducing his CD even more. This should easily allow you to use it every 10 seconds, allowing you ta activate Kitain twice in a rotation, for 30 total energy.

The overall high enery generation of the team and the fact that Thoma is onfield most of the time means you should be able to get away with not building ER except for substats, though you might need constellation 4 to pull it off. The lower HP on Thoma himself doesn't matter as much as it usually does because of Beidou and Xingqiu's damage reduction. Also, this is a great team fot Elegy Fischl if you have one.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if any of this actually works. Maybe someday I'll be able to test it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I thought c1 made jump cancel more effective since you run into the hidden evade limit cooldown a lot if you're just spamming N1C?

you lose damage when you jump, so you only want to jump as much as you have to (after two charge attacks) or add more normals between charges to avoid the cap.